Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,672 members, 7,851,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:26 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (1736) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9419259 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1733) (1734) (1735) (1736) (1737) (1738) (1739) ... (9329) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 3:45pm On Oct 06, 2017
MizMyColi:

That's the word. "Locks Horns"

See, before acquiring this device, I heard tales of how I would throw away CX. Y'know...
It was like, I won't touch my CX again.
Sadly, that has not been the case.

I give it to Note 4 when it comes to sound.
CX has nothing on it undecided

MizMyColi me I'm not understanding it seems you're on a mission.

You're representing us today Oh grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:46pm On Oct 06, 2017
spartacus11:

Dey is a new update via OTA update first lets see

Did you experience battery and heating after the update?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MizMyColi(f): 3:52pm On Oct 06, 2017
spartacus11:

MizMyColi me I'm not understanding it seems you're on a mission.

You're representing us today Oh grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Shebi I was roaming about Nairaland peacefully.
My brother ChristianVic now mentioned me.

I noticed all these things since, but said let me be using them in peace till the owner returns from school to collect her gift.
Don't worry, I took excuse from her that I will be using it. Afterall, na me buy am for her tongue

Tbh, I actually like both. Using the note 4 has really helped me appreciate my Camon CX better.

Oh, the torchlight on CX is far brighter. Note 4 own dull.

I think that Camon CX was built to suit the average Nigerian.

If Xiaomi enters Naija today, they will have to make some modifications to make it more appealing to the masses.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by walemoney007(m): 3:52pm On Oct 06, 2017
How much is the xiaomi note4 and can I get it at slot?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 3:56pm On Oct 06, 2017
Freshemzy:
Abeg make una help me I don change two nano sim but e no de show
similar thing has happened to me,maybe u turned something off(to enable this to work u must ve both sims present on the sim tray) follow this sequence
Settings=sim cards&mobile network=select the first sim(1)
Turn the switch on. Restart the phone

If u ve tried this nd still it didn't work, then it's likely the sim copper contact has been damaged during frequent removal of the sim tray. I pray it won't come to this phase or rather flashing myt solve it. Good luck

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by donplus1: 3:57pm On Oct 06, 2017
GrandMufti:

You can not slide up to receive calls or your line is not reachable when people call you?

BTW, how old is / are your sim card(s)?

Share a screenshot of your rom version

And remove the hybrid sim adapter if you have any or sd card
I can't slide up to pick calls boss
my sim is close to 4 years (mtn)
the second sim is nano(glo)
I done even have a memory card in there oo

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:59pm On Oct 06, 2017
donplus1:

I can't slide up to pick calls boss
my sim is close to 4 years (mtn)
the second sim is nano(glo)
I done even have a memory card in there oo

Your rom is very old. You should consider checking for update
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 4:00pm On Oct 06, 2017
GrandMufti:

Did you experience battery and heating after the update?
Bros d matter na say I always check of how best to make my device work better, bcus na money I use buy am,

I'm enjoying d latest update na now my outta speaker dey sound to my liking i hardly use ear pie now

Wen i updated to d latest 8.5.8 update i only experience battery drop for some days but everything is back to normal and even better

D heating nothing serious bro, I knew y it happened and I corrected it instantly.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 4:02pm On Oct 06, 2017
spartacus11:

Bros d matter na say I always check of how best to make my device work better, bcus na money I use buy am,

I'm enjoying d latest update na now my outta speaker dey sound to my liking i hardly use ear pie now

Wen i updated to d latest 8.5.8 update i only experience battery drop for some days but everything is back to normal and even better

D heating nothing serious bro, I knew y it happened and I corrected it instantly.

So why did the heating happen and how did you correct it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 4:05pm On Oct 06, 2017
MizMyColi:

The thing is, I try to be true to myself and to those who read from me.

This is expected of anyone who review a device pro and con

I rather not speak, than speak in a bid to lie or deceive others.

Lol dats y some of us are here to challenge such assertion Lexusgs430

I was told that it's the MTK version that gets hot.
Well....

Under high sunlight, I cannot see anything on Note 4.
But I can on Camon CX, despite both of their brightness being on zero.

I repeat that Note 4 is more interesting than CX.
Has better sound
Looks sturdier.

I don't want to get started on the features of Camon CX.

See ehn, I cannot drop one for another.
I'm in Love(s). grin

at bolded true.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 06, 2017
GrandMufti:

There are two updates after the current rom on your phone, but it seems the battery life reduced a bit after the update.

To reflash the current rom, backup your data to an external drive, then Go to the updater app of your phone , tap on the 3 dots at the top right and select 'download update'. When it's done, it would ask to reboot. Reboot and afterwards, do a Factory reset the phone.

If after factory reset and the problem is not solved, go to updater app and check for the new update. It wouldn't hurt to do another factory reset wink

If the problem still persists, then you need to unlock bootloader and do a clean install using fastboot

After I Backup my phone any app I open its showing error and doesn't want to read and card
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 4:12pm On Oct 06, 2017
spartacus11:

This is expected of anyone who review a device pro and con

Lol dats y some of us are here to challenge such assertion Lexusgs430

at bolded true.

All phones would have periods when they heat up. But constantly heating up all the time, is the problem.

My Umidigi Z1 Pro (MTK), rarely heats up. But times when I am using excessive phone resources, it heats up (but not the ironing type heating up).

When using DailyRoads voyager (dashcam) on very long trips, it is expected to heat up. But for normal day usage, it's cooler than a dogs nose.....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 4:16pm On Oct 06, 2017
GrandMufti:

So why did the heating happen and how did you correct it?
I know say I go begin answer jamb question.

Like I side it's nothing serious true and I never saw it as a problem
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 4:17pm On Oct 06, 2017
Lexusgs430:

All phones would have periods when they heat up. But constantly heating up all the time, is the problem.

My Umidigi Z1 Pro (MTK), rarely heats up. But times when I am using excessive phone resources, it heats up (but not the ironing type heating up).

When using DailyRoads voyager (dashcam) on very long trips, it is expected to heat up. But for normal day usage, it's cooler than a dogs nose.....

Exactly

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by grinface98(m): 4:22pm On Oct 06, 2017
Hi Xiaomites! Does anyone know if the Chinese Holiday is over? Coz I ordered for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X on Sunday from an agent and he has not yet given me the tracking number. Is this normal?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 4:31pm On Oct 06, 2017
MizMyColi:

Shebi I was roaming about Nairaland peacefully.
My brother ChristianVic now mentioned me.

I noticed all these things since, but said let me be using them in peace till the owner returns from school to collect her gift.
Don't worry, I took excuse from her that I will be using it. Afterall, na me buy am for her tongue

Tbh, I actually like both. Using the note 4 has really helped me appreciate my Camon CX better.

Oh, the torchlight on CX is far brighter. Note 4 own dull.

I think that Camon CX was built to suit the average Nigerian.

If Xiaomi enters Naija today, they will have to make some modifications to make it more appealing to the masses.

One thing I love about xiaomi product is dat it can go head to head with any device and I think dat is a plus

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MizMyColi(f): 4:35pm On Oct 06, 2017
spartacus11:

One thing I love about xiaomi product is dat it can go head to head with any device and I think dat is a plus

Any device within or slightly above its category.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 4:35pm On Oct 06, 2017
GrandMufti:

Could be bad network signal

Did you use an emoji?
Yes, flame emoji! Sometimes I v to remove the smart case of Camon CX and put d phone on top of a satchet water to cool.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 4:37pm On Oct 06, 2017
busuyi44:

Yes, flame emoji! Sometimes I v to remove the smart case of Camon CX and put d phone on top of a satchet water to cool.
Will u sell? grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 4:49pm On Oct 06, 2017
grinface98:
Hi Xiaomites! Does anyone know if the Chinese Holiday is over? Coz I ordered for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X on Sunday from an agent and he has not yet given me the tracking number. Is this normal?
No, till tomorrow. Expect true shipping any moment from Monday
So, b easy on ur agent grin kiss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 4:50pm On Oct 06, 2017
Freshemzy:

After I Backup my phone any app I open its showing error and doesn't want to read and card

Leave apps and focus on the sim first cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 4:50pm On Oct 06, 2017
spartacus11:

I know say I go begin answer jamb question.

Like I side it's nothing serious true and I never saw it as a problem

Smh.... You are not straightforward
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by grinface98(m): 4:53pm On Oct 06, 2017
Protein0:

No, till tomorrow. Expect true shipping any moment from Monday
So, b easy on ur agent grin kiss
grin grin Lol which kain holiday dem dey sef since. Me no fit wait for my note 4 nah. Una phones dey enter my eye grin

Modified: Is it after it has been shipped that its tracking number would be given to me? Coz me I no sabi anything about shipping
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 4:54pm On Oct 06, 2017
Landing fresh!!
Black xiaomi redmi note 4x 3+32gb ready for pickup or waybill. Contact on whatsapp if interested kiss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 4:55pm On Oct 06, 2017
grinface98:
grin grin Lol which kain holiday dem dey sef since. Me no fit wait for my note 4 nah. Una phones dey enter my eye grin
I can assure you that the wait worths it. Just chill. grin cheesy wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 4:56pm On Oct 06, 2017
GrandMufti:

Smh.... You are not straightforward

1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by grinface98(m): 4:58pm On Oct 06, 2017
Protein0:
Landing fresh!!
Black xiaomi redmi note 4x 3+32gb ready for pickup or waybill. Contact on whatsapp if interested kiss

Sorry, do you have it at hand? Or you would still have to ship it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 5:01pm On Oct 06, 2017
MizMyColi:

Any device within or slightly above its category.
just remove the bolded if u know whats good for you.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 06, 2017
GrandMufti:

Leave apps and focus on the sim first cheesy
Ok sir
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 5:03pm On Oct 06, 2017
MizMyColi:

I repeat that Note 4 is more interesting than CX.
Has better sound
Looks sturdier.

See ehn, I cannot drop one for another.
I'm in Love(s). grin
May your wits be blessed. I love it when people tow the veracity path even when the contrary seems more compelling. You've more points with me now. Respect!!

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 5:03pm On Oct 06, 2017
grinface98:

Sorry, do you have it at hand? Or you would still have to ship it?
You can have it today sef grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 5:07pm On Oct 06, 2017
MizMyColi:

It was strange.
I was charging.
Phone was on my bed.
Next thing, I picked it up to do stuff and I could feel it was hot.
It's not like I have done anything much with it. I haven't even activated MIUI, and I have just 2 main apps I use, being VLC and whatsapp.

Actually, why I said it's strange is because I had this impression that SD phones don't get hot.

It's my bad though. I have somehow forgotten I used an SD435 phone, when the phone wan hot here, it can roast beans.

Now here's one feature I like about Note 4....
Even when I don't feel any hotness, it notifies me that the phone needs to cool down.
Then there is this app lock feature.

Interesting device it is.

Its normal for a phone to get hot during charging. Sd chips not getting hot is during use not during charging

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1733) (1734) (1735) (1736) (1737) (1738) (1739) ... (9329) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.