Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,092 members, 7,845,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (2010) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9388477 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010) (2011) (2012) (2013) ... (9327) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 2:35pm On Nov 28, 2017
spartacus11:
Gptech, First Lady, iliyande so una know say awof dey for Glo data from a concerned Nigerian na una allow me dey collect MTN recharge yesterday

Nor be so ohhhhhhh

Make i go find my Glo sim

No vex bro, no be everyone like glo that's why
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 2:37pm On Nov 28, 2017
spartacus11:

I'm asking of d data cap did u get 150 bonus after u did 50 naira sub

Yes yes yes yes... sad
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 2:40pm On Nov 28, 2017
iliyande:

No vex bro, no be everyone like glo that's why

grin you try sha..

You don collect data till next year... I should have done more if I had Glo LTE.. this 3G try for my area 5mpbs
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Rakiticbarca: 2:43pm On Nov 28, 2017
Gptech:

Rock Zircon Stereo Earphone In Ear Headset With Micro 3.5mm In Balanced Immersive Bass Earphones for iPhone, for Xiaomi, Huawei
http://s.aliexpress.com/rEjYbA7J
(from AliExpress Android)
can't believe am actually loving my Rock Zircon earphone more than the way I like my RN4gb phone, something I got the same time, that earphone is heavenly bro.
Thanks once again Noobody grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by JohnQueen(m): 2:43pm On Nov 28, 2017
Sorry bruh. Mi max 2 fall on you!

nyxx:
hi xiaomi family, i see we are growing in number wink. i recently lost my phone(redmi 4x) and my phone was barely 3mnths. angry. is now i know how good this product is, in my Mi cloud acct. i saw the number of the thief, you could imagine my delight! though am not expecting my phone back, but it was fun frustrating the thief. what am i saying? pls i appeal to all to activate *find my device* in your mobile phone to enable you locate your device incase of lost. am learning from this experience. still getting a xiaomi product. thanks to protein o, who made it happen the first time. it was a worry free order. and am hopeful for this second order.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nurez305(m): 2:49pm On Nov 28, 2017
GrandMufti:

Screenshot the about section of your phone
this is my about section.

I click on the 3 dot at left hand side and I saw download update thinking it's what I'm looking for... after wasting my data to do that and it told me installing and after that it reboot and still no changes .. I was surprised after wasting my data and time to do that

Please what in I doing wrong or how will I go about it

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 2:57pm On Nov 28, 2017
Dam5reey:

grin you try sha..

You don collect data till next year... I should have done more if I had Glo LTE.. this 3G try for my area 5mpbs

4G is a mirage

But ur 3G speed na die ohhhh
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 3:08pm On Nov 28, 2017
Rakiticbarca:
can't believe am actually loving my Rock Zircon earphone more than the way I like my RN4gb phone, something I got the same time, that earphone is heavenly bro.
Thanks once again Noobody grin

That earpiece is overhyped IMHO... It's bass level is decent for its price range but not as spectacular as it's been hyped, it's clarity and treble is surprisingly crisp for its price range.. In truth, it's better than the mi hybrids, original Apple earpiece (as this one is only spectacular with Apple devices) and some other higher priced earpieces.

The earpiece output gets muddled in bass and multi-instrumental laden songs.

I would say it's more for treble lovers than bass lovers..

It's durability is questionable, never use am up to one week, the golden thing wey the back of one of the earpiece don fall off..

Sound separation is above average at least until it encounters heavy bass and multi-instrumental laden songs.

Call clarity is crisp..

Volume response is good. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't have volume controls, but it has the button for picking up calls. At times, you would fumble a bit before you get to find it, but once found, it's quite responsive.

All in all.. It's a great earpiece to own,just not as spectacular as it's been hyped.

I would be trying out the memt x5 next.. Make I see wetin the fuss dey about the earpiece.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 3:09pm On Nov 28, 2017
Dam5reey:

grin you try sha..

Hehe, zte m910 mifi arriving next week,
Who wan buy 17k wink wink wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chucks231(m): 3:11pm On Nov 28, 2017
nurez305:
what did I need to update my phone and I hope I won't loose any of my data why doing that

bro i use spectranet wifi, i feel once ur network is strong u will get updates plus i never lost any data to updates
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 28, 2017
Pls how do you guys track phones? And after the phone gets to Nigeria do they send it to custom first ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seyema(m): 3:17pm On Nov 28, 2017
GrandMufti:

Na personal preference. Though I kept both off
Gptech, what's your take on this
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 3:20pm On Nov 28, 2017
spartacus11:
Him dey use d phone? How he take bypass ur password/finger print

Na wah ohhhh

Sorry for ur loss

E never lock the phone na.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 3:22pm On Nov 28, 2017
nyxx:
hi xiaomi family, i see we are growing in number wink. i recently lost my phone(redmi 4x) and my phone was barely 3mnths. angry. is now i know how good this product is, in my Mi cloud acct. i saw the number of the thief, you could imagine my delight! though am not expecting my phone back, but it was fun frustrating the thief. what am i saying? pls i appeal to all to activate *find my device* in your mobile phone to enable you locate your device incase of lost. am learning from this experience. still getting a xiaomi product. thanks to protein o, who made it happen the first time. it was a worry free order. and am hopeful for this second order.
Sorry for the loss, but u need to really frustrate the guy, lock the phone for the guy. My stolen Redmi note 2 still dey useless to whoever steal am angry.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 3:23pm On Nov 28, 2017
spartacus11:
Gptech, First Lady, iliyande so una know say awof dey for Glo data from a concerned Nigerian na una allow me dey collect MTN recharge yesterday

Nor be so ohhhhhhh

Make i go find my Glo sim
Oya send d mtn come na cheesy.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 3:31pm On Nov 28, 2017
seyema:

Gptech, what's your take on this
When u off miui optimisation, your background apps go hardly force stop, d memory optimization na just the degree wen miui optimisation go take dey kill apps grin. My own take sha.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 3:34pm On Nov 28, 2017
blackchild09:
Pls how do you guys track phones? And after the phone gets to Nigeria do they send it to custom first ?
Use this site http://en.trackitonline.ru/
When phones arrive, they are sent to the nearest post office.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:36pm On Nov 28, 2017
nurez305:
this is my about section.

I click on the 3 dot at left hand side and I saw download update thinking it's what I'm looking for... after wasting my data to do that and it told me installing and after that it reboot and still no changes .. I was surprised after wasting my data and time to do that

Please what in I doing wrong or how will I go about it

Rom

http://bigota.d.miui.com/V9.1.1.0.NAAMIEI/miui_MI5Global_V9.1.1.0.NAAMIEI_c91be5fdc5_7.0.zip

Then manual update using https://www.nairaland.com/post/61225422
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 3:36pm On Nov 28, 2017
nurez305:
please how do I change that?
Settings - Additional settings - Region
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:37pm On Nov 28, 2017
iliyande:

Is the battery better than huawei model?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nyxx: 3:41pm On Nov 28, 2017
spartacus11:
Him dey use d phone? How he take bypass ur password/finger print

Na wah ohhhh

Sorry for ur loss

am not sure he(the thief) has bn able to bypass the PW and fingerprint cos when i called him, he did say that his phone can not make calls. i played it cool at first, before saying my mind grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nyxx: 3:45pm On Nov 28, 2017
Gptech:

E never lock the phone na.
i have put it on lock mode, but the device has not received the command just yet, i think is when he goes online with it that the lock mode will be activated *am guessing*
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 3:48pm On Nov 28, 2017
Gptech:

Oya send d mtn come na cheesy.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 3:50pm On Nov 28, 2017
nyxx:

am not sure he(the thief) has bn able to bypass the PW and fingerprint cos when i called him, he did say that his phone can not make calls. i played it cool at first, before saying my mind grin

Why didn't u give him an offer if he would be willing to return
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Oyetboy(m): 3:51pm On Nov 28, 2017
iliyande:

Does it support glo 4g? cos band 28 isn't stipulated as part of band it supports
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 3:52pm On Nov 28, 2017
nyxx:

i have put it on lock mode, but the device has not received the command just yet, i think is when he goes online with it that the lock mode will be activated *am guessing*
Means phone is still off.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 3:58pm On Nov 28, 2017
Oyetboy:

Does it support glo 4g? cos band 28 isn't stipulated as part of band it supports

Yea, they are of different categories....
American version does not support band 28
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:00pm On Nov 28, 2017
nyxx:

You mean you actually called him? It's possible your sim was inserted in another phone (completely baseless) or the phone is not locked.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Oyetboy(m): 4:00pm On Nov 28, 2017
iliyande:

Yea, they are of different categories....
American version does not support band 28

link to the one you ordered pls
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 4:00pm On Nov 28, 2017
GrandMufti:

Is the battery better than huawei model?

According to reviews, but I am yet to test
I will compare the two head-to-head

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 4:06pm On Nov 28, 2017
Oyetboy:

link to the one you ordered pls

ZTE MF910 band 28 LTE 4G WIFI Router 4G wifi dongle Mobile Hotspot 3g 4g mifi Router pocket wifi pk mf90 mf91 mf93 mf823 mf90c
http://s.aliexpress.com/ii6BvueM
(from AliExpress Android)

Info the seller that you need the one with band 28
It was 11:11 purchase, you may not get it at the same price again
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 4:15pm On Nov 28, 2017
its coming......

(1) (2) (3) ... (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010) (2011) (2012) (2013) ... (9327) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Akan7 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.