Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,824 members, 7,831,680 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9324896 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (9323) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kazzonline: 2:44pm On Jan 28, 2017
kazzonline:
Help!!! After funding 40dollars from my gtb i got this error,how. can i rectify it

I need help please!!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 2:45pm On Jan 28, 2017
Damoxy:

Aiit Thanks, I guess u have bin enjoying ur device.
D only problem with mine is that, when pple ask for d Name of ur phone and I open my mouth to say
Xiaomi grin,. Me like phone not to b common tho
Hehehehe, I love uncommon things too, the 'name of your phone' part is the sweetest. grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Youngpo413: 2:45pm On Jan 28, 2017
Gptech:

At first dem nr go like am, but wen u bring am, dem go collect am from you sharply grin
exactly.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 2:54pm On Jan 28, 2017
Youngpo413:
exactly.
Ladies sha with big things, imagine after I order redmi note 4 for one of dem, d moment she see mi max, she just change her mind grin, she say make I swap with mi max for her. And initially she dey complain say mi max too big wen I show her the case.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Damoxy(m): 3:02pm On Jan 28, 2017
Gptech:

Ladies sha with big things, imagine after I order redmi note 4 for one of dem, d moment she see mi max, she just change her mind grin, she say make I swap with mi max for her. And initially she dey complain say mi max too big wen I show her the case.
Lol,hmm

Ladies sha with Big things.
Wu can Relate?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nochious123(m): 3:09pm On Jan 28, 2017
fibonacci2526:
I have over 14GB left of data on my Glo line(3G data) which is due to expire on the 2nd of next month, can share the data to whoever is interested as the network is now terrible in my area.

Abg bro share 08159216609

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 3:11pm On Jan 28, 2017
Damoxy:
Lol,hmm
Ladies sha with Big things. Wu can Relate?
See ds guy o!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Youngpo413: 3:13pm On Jan 28, 2017
Gptech:

they love big things naturally but may pretend not to from the start, that's ladies for you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 3:14pm On Jan 28, 2017
It seems redmi note 3 pro is getting Android 7 Nougat, imagine that! http://www.gsmarena.com/nougatpowered_xiaomi_redmi_note_3_pro_spotted_on_gfxbench-news-23039.php
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 3:14pm On Jan 28, 2017
Nochious123:

Abg bro share 08159216609
Late comer grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 28, 2017
fibonacci2526:
I have over 14GB left of data on my Glo line(3G data) which is due to expire on the 2nd of next month, can share the data to whoever is interested as the network is now terrible in my area.
Thank you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 3:49pm On Jan 28, 2017
Damoxy:

Aiit Thanks, I guess u have bin enjoying ur device.
D only problem with mine is that, when pple ask for d Name of ur phone and I open my mouth to say
Xiaomi grin,. Me like phone not to b common tho

Phone has been superb, finally bought a phone that I didn't regret buying after setting up. The battery no dey die. On the first charge got over 12hrs SOT using wifi/4G though. Fantastic device.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 3:49pm On Jan 28, 2017
pachman:

Thank you

Reached limit.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:53pm On Jan 28, 2017
Gptech:
It seems redmi note 3 pro is getting Android 7 Nougat, imagine that! http://www.gsmarena.com/nougatpowered_xiaomi_redmi_note_3_pro_spotted_on_gfxbench-news-23039.php

Most of the 2015 phones will get android N. They are really trying in pushing updates
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Damoxy(m): 4:02pm On Jan 28, 2017
fibonacci2526:

Phone has been superb, finally bought a phone that I didn't regret buying after setting up. The battery no dey die. On the first charge got over 12hrs SOT using wifi/4G though. Fantastic device.
Dats awesome Ma, Next tym if ur data wanna finish share me first grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Damoxy(m): 4:03pm On Jan 28, 2017
jboixxx:

See ds guy o!
Wat I do
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hay2zed50(m): 4:03pm On Jan 28, 2017
dustmalik:

Others may have their opinion of preferring Redmi 4, but the Redmi note 3 pro has more unofficial support than any other Xiaomi device till date. That's why I prefer it. Though I went for the SE edition which has a different antenna, and in turn, has more lte bands support than the normal note 3 pro. The SE edition supports all LTE bands of our network providers.
Thanks bro, I thought as much ! Mind made up !
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EBUBS(m): 4:03pm On Jan 28, 2017
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP... .. TRYING TO FINISH PAYMENT AND I'M GETTING THIS... .
"The webpage at https://secure5.arcot.com/acspage/cap? might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a ne....
please what will i do..."

Help brothers
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 4:43pm On Jan 28, 2017
Damoxy:

Dats awesome Ma, Next tym if ur data wanna finish share me first grin

I no go sub this Glo again oo, make I continue with my MTN 4G as I download at the rate of 10mb/s. Glo is just 90kb/s.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 4:45pm On Jan 28, 2017
hay2zed50:
I was able to finally fund $70 into my wallet, but still not sure which to go for between the Redmi 4 pro and Redmi Note 3 pro, any distinct feature separating them apart from the camera and screen size ? And any advice would be appreciated !
if it is possible for you to see xiaomi redmi note 3 pro not d SE variant to buy, kindly go ahead bro, i can only see the 2GB ram n 16GB rom variant on aliexpress which i cnt buy, the SE variant you cn buy provided u are nt the type that loves to tinker with his fone, i meant rooting, twrp recovery installation n custom rom junkie....if am unable to c xiaomi redmi note 3 pro 32GB variant,i am gonna buy lenovo zuk z1 next month....so bro, if you are just d regular fone user, who does not care about system modification, u can buy any of xiaomi redmi 4 prime or xiaomi redmi note 3 pro SE , bt if u re d adventurous type, go for xiaomi redmi 4 prime, d fone z still new bt i believe it is going to recieve a lotta development attention soonest cauz it is a snapdragon powered fone

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 4:52pm On Jan 28, 2017
xiaomi redmi note 3 pro av d codename KENZO, xiaomi redmi note 3 special esition has d codename KATE, a tour of miui forum will buttress d fact dt 90% of development ova dere z 4 KENZO, i tried searching for a rooting method for KATE but i cnt c a relevant post or file, reason why i am keen about KENZO variant z cauz dere is a custom kernel for it that unlocks quick charge ability, the name of the kernel is RADON kernel, thou d dev says it work for KATE but d problem is rooting and unlocking KATE, most of d time bootloader unlockin process work best on miui china dev roms n KATE only as global roms no chinese based rom
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Damoxy(m): 5:04pm On Jan 28, 2017
fibonacci2526:

I no go sub this Glo again oo, make I continue with my MTN 4G as I download at the rate of 10mb/s. Glo is just 90kb/s.
Lol, Too bad I no get 4G here
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EBUBS(m): 5:31pm On Jan 28, 2017
[quote author=EBUBS post=53209309]PLEASE SOMEONE HELP... .. TRYING TO FINISH PAYMENT AND I'M GETTING THIS... .
"The webpage at https://secure5.arcot.com/acspage/cap? might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a ne....
please what will i do..."

Please na,, who have an idea of what's up with this
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by timbros(m): 5:47pm On Jan 28, 2017
dustmalik:

Just open an Access bank account at one of their major branch, and you can get the Visa card that same day. It's that easy. If you do that by Monday, you would have access to the January $100 limit usage.

Thanks man. I think this is exactly what I will do! If I can get the January usage, by February I will fund again and fund with my Gtbank making it $300.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vanchi(m): 5:47pm On Jan 28, 2017
ABMC:
I have enough funds in my UBA Prepaid card, i try to order for Mi 5 but it was denied by my bank, telling me i can only use $100 limit. Please how do i solve this problem? The phone is over $200.
How much does UBA charge for a dollar?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Damoxy(m): 6:02pm On Jan 28, 2017
vanchi:

How much does UBA charge for a dollar?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by humblesteve(m): 6:06pm On Jan 28, 2017
fibonacci2526:
Which device are you using ma ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by humblesteve(m): 6:08pm On Jan 28, 2017
Gmajor:

So I should just click on update and it will automatically download and update?
Yes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dustmalik: 6:34pm On Jan 28, 2017
gidieberry:
xiaomi redmi note 3 pro av d codename KENZO, xiaomi redmi note 3 special esition has d codename KATE, a tour of miui forum will buttress d fact dt 90% of development ova dere z 4 KENZO, i tried searching for a rooting method for KATE but i cnt c a relevant post or file, reason why i am keen about KENZO variant z cauz dere is a custom kernel for it that unlocks quick charge ability, the name of the kernel is RADON kernel, thou d dev says it work for KATE but d problem is rooting and unlocking KATE, most of d time bootloader unlockin process work best on miui china dev roms n KATE only as global roms no chinese based rom
You are quite right. Initially, because of lack of much custom rom support for Kate, I had wanted to go for kenzo. But after going through some threads on xda and some other sites, I came to understand that Kate can use all custom roms meant for kenzo, though one would have to flash the Kate modem file after flashing the kenzo custom rom, and this is a one-time thing as long as you are switching between AOSP, CM/LineageOS roms. But if you go back to a miui rom, you would have to do the same thing when you flash a custom rom again.

To me, that isn't much of a hassle. given the extra LTE bands support on Kate, I just couldn't pass up on it.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by wheezyoung(m): 6:37pm On Jan 28, 2017
quivah:

Oga bikonu, it doesnt matter if i have the money to spare or not. From the look of things that day, thats the way they have been operating.. I dont know the number of people who have gone to report,but no changes right?! but for me it was my first time at ikeja post office that day,was tired and couldnt wait to leave however i noticed they 'asked' for the same amount from every body who came there. So na me wey be new comer go go there go complain.
From people's comments here it obvious these things happen everywhere..
@bolded find your way to ikeja post office and be the hero
mam...sorry for the abrupt pm...its quite urgent...i need your help on ordering...I'd be glad if you can reply me ..thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 6:41pm On Jan 28, 2017
dustmalik:

You are quite right. Initially, because of lack of much custom rom support for Kate, I had wanted to go for kenzo. But after going through some threads on xda and some other sites, I came to understand that Kate can use all custom roms meant for kenzo, though one would have to flash the Kate modem file after flashing the kenzo custom rom, and this is a one-time thing as long as you are switching between AOSP, CM/LineageOS roms. But if you go back to a miui rom, you would have to do the same thing when you flash a custom rom again.

To me, that isn't much of a hassle. given the extra LTE bands support on Kate, I just couldn't pass up on it.
you are right i know about that, but two obstacles re up for it: to unlock the bootloader, users have hard time unlocking xiaomi phones running on global rom or global dev rom, even if u gt to unlock the bootloader, what about the twrp image, i only c KENZO's twrp, d offical one, alka twrp, cofface twrp n ZCX twrp all for kenzo....flashing the modem i know about that...do you have the KATE variant n where u able to root ya root, u can try RADON kernel
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dustmalik: 6:53pm On Jan 28, 2017
gidieberry:
you are right i know about that, but two obstacles re up for it: to unlock the bootloader, users have hard time unlocking xiaomi phones running on global rom or global dev rom, even if u gt to unlock the bootloader, what about the twrp image, i only c KENZO's twrp, d offical one, alka twrp, cofface twrp n ZCX twrp all for kenzo....flashing the modem i know about that...do you have the KATE variant n where u able to root ya root, u can try RADON kernel
Just ordered for it. I have seen a couple of threads where the bootloader unlocking was explained.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (9323) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.