Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (2909) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9202472 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2906) (2907) (2908) (2909) (2910) (2911) (2912) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 6:38am On May 30, 2018
Agbi4:
Hello Xiaomites, I have been trying to add my account and device so that I can start my bootloader unlocking process on my Redmi Note 5 but I keep getting an error to connect to the network and try again but my data is active and the network is quite strong, I have even tried while connected to WiFi but the same error. Please who has idea what I should do because on a serious note I'm having a bad experience using MIUI and I wish to install a custom rom.
Simply reboot your phone and try again.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Donreiy: 6:51am On May 30, 2018
daamazing:
Boss cool
What's up, you have been less active in the group of recent. Good to see your machine is landing soon, make we dey run max settings with claw wink grin
thieves showed me pepper.... Coming back soon sha. Hopefully.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BeardedTraveler: 6:53am On May 30, 2018
Anyone who's interested in brand new Xiaomi Mi 3 should contact me.

Phone available for around #12,500.

It's a 2013 Xiaomi device though, but it will be getting MIUI 10 cheesy

Only 1 available. Offer valid till it gets sold.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BeardedTraveler: 6:55am On May 30, 2018
But Xiaomi dey try รณ. Who else supports a 5-year old device? Mehn, dem dey try.

MtkGang I see you grin, see ur mate cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 6:59am On May 30, 2018
BeardedTraveler:

Please send me a message on WhatsApp.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lanre316: 7:03am On May 30, 2018
Agbi4:

I have only had bad experience using my Redmi Note 5 4gb/64gb, apps hardly stay in the background. I've used every setting possible, I don't mind my battery life being affected, all I need is for my apps to remain in the background. Funny thing is that I only use my phone for browsing not even a single game, I just need all my Chrome, operamini, brave browser tabs, pdf reader to remain open but it's like I'm asking for too much.

There's a simple solution. Just lock the apps so they won't close in the background. It's not redmi 5 problem, it's it's Miui9 feature. I experienced that when upgraded my redmi note 4x. But it's not a problem for me as I prefer my background apps closed to conserve battery. Go to recent apps, drag down your favourite apps a bit and it get locked. It won't get closed when other apps are automatically closed.

It's a simple case of one man meat another man poison

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:20am On May 30, 2018
Gptech:

These guys don finally overtake ring road grin

Na task force pursue dem.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gwng: 7:29am On May 30, 2018
cry
humblesteve:

Oga if you ain't serious kuku stop to ad... Have called your line many times and no response nor call back

We don't attend to calls on public holidays. Call between 9am-5pm on working days ONLY..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 7:29am On May 30, 2018
israel2563:

Chai... Can we talk on whatsapp(my number dey whatsapp) please?
Have you rooted your device now?
Yep since... tried all custom roms available...oreo kernel sources just came out few days ago so roms are still a bit buggy.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 7:33am On May 30, 2018
Agbi4:
Hello Xiaomites, I have been trying to add my account and device so that I can start my bootloader unlocking process on my Redmi Note 5 but I keep getting an error to connect to the network and try again but my data is active and the network is quite strong, I have even tried while connected to WiFi but the same error. Please who has idea what I should do because on a serious note I'm having a bad experience using MIUI and I wish to install a custom rom.
Dont bother binding....try to unlock like that
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by emeraldknytt(m): 7:46am On May 30, 2018
BeardedTraveler:

If you haven't reached an agreement with Gptech, I'll be here to consider your offer.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tidedroid: 8:23am On May 30, 2018
JulianoB:

I did this morning through the site.
k thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by israel2563(m): 8:33am On May 30, 2018
adamix:

Yep since... tried all custom roms available...oreo kernel sources just came out few days ago so roms are still a bit buggy.

My number is on signature bro*****
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tyoba: 8:40am On May 30, 2018
I broke the screen of my xiaomi redmi note 5a prime, the 3g ram yesterday. First drop ever, the screen shattered despite a screen guard not designed specifically for 5a prime. Could not get one for it and using that pending the delivery of the rugged case and screen protectors I ordered for from Aliexpress. Can I fix the screen in Nigeria? Any idea as to price also? Many thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tyoba: 8:45am On May 30, 2018
tyoba:
I broke the screen of my xiaomi redmi note 5a prime, the 3g ram yesterday. First drop ever, the screen shattered despite a screen guard not designed specifically for 5a prime. Could not get one for it and using that pending the delivery of the rugged case and screen protectors I ordered for from Aliexpress. Can I fix the screen in Nigeria? Any idea as to price also? Many thanks

Further to above, I doubt if its a gorrila glass3 on the phone. My note 2, z10, note 5 and hot5 pro dropped so many times without breaking.Was going to root for Xiaomi but they broke my heart. What should one expect from top specs affordable phone? Compromise in other areas abi
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 8:50am On May 30, 2018
tyoba:
Yes you can fix it here..just order the screen on aliexpress
For Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A LCD Display Touch Screen Digitizer Assembly frame Replacement For xiaomi NotE 5a prime/pro Y1 Y1 lite
http://s.aliexpress.com/73qaAz2M?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nabeans: 9:19am On May 30, 2018
GrandMufti:

Oga leave matter. I can get you an iPhone X for less than 50k in New Benin right now with receipt sef undecided

It all depends on your target market. If you take your phone to the streets, you'll get it priced at a 'street price'.

Who know go know

GM, that must be the red variant of the iPhone X...azin, Red Hot! grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:20am On May 30, 2018
nabeans:

GM, that must be the red variant of the iPhone X...azin, Red Hot! grin

Lol... dey there na cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by humblesteve(m): 9:22am On May 30, 2018
Holuwaxheun:
@Humblesteve, it's nice meeting u today and doing business with u... U rock boss wink cheesy grin

Thanks boss you are such a cool and gentleman.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Agbi4(m): 9:22am On May 30, 2018
lanre316:

There's a simple solution. Just lock the apps so they won't close in the background. It's not redmi 5 problem, it's it's Miui9 feature. I experienced that when upgraded my redmi note 4x. But it's not a problem for me as I prefer my background apps closed to conserve battery. Go to recent apps, drag down your favourite apps a bit and it get locked. It won't get closed when other apps are automatically closed.

It's a simple case of one man meat another man poison
that's a useless feature.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:28am On May 30, 2018
Agbi4:

What all settings have you tried so far?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 9:34am On May 30, 2018
tyoba:

Further to above, I doubt if its a gorrila glass3 on the phone. My note 2, z10, note 5 and hot5 pro dropped so many times without breaking.Was going to root for Xiaomi but they broke my heart. What should one expect from top specs affordable phone? Compromise in other areas abi
Gorrilla glass doesn't translate to unbreakable... Even s8... Dey shatter. IPhone dey shatter with pride, truth is older phones are more durable, like the lumia curved screen, it makes it durable. But don't even think it's because it's not Gorrilla that's why it broke... Sorry for the broken screen bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 9:35am On May 30, 2018
Agbi4:

Well it works for me o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nabeans: 9:38am On May 30, 2018
BeardedTraveler:

Azin, brand new or very decently used?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by daamazing(m): 9:43am On May 30, 2018
Donreiy:
thieves showed me pepper.... Coming back soon sha. Hopefully.
oops, sorry boss. We dey expect you sha!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by daamazing(m): 9:46am On May 30, 2018
klexycole:

I'm not into porting ROMs. Though I have the 9.5.9.0 update already, but I'm lazy to update. lipsrsealed

Checked. The update is meant to fix Full Screen Gesture slow response and some notification bug.

Guess it's not meant for me.
Oh, sorry. You can complain on miforum sha. But an update for that ish should be released or check full changelogs online. It may be fixed in that update but not stated
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by humblesteve(m): 9:54am On May 30, 2018
gidieberry:
you garrit...the price tag he is putting on d fone is close to amount of getting a new one frm aliexpress... Last time he posted 55k...
I am also using d fone.. I bought mine wen price crashed a little wif chinese rom installed on it but if i wan sell am nw, i will never put a price tag close to a new one provided d listing is on nairaland...
Folks go give u d price analysis of d phone right frm its genesis
You're right, I wanted to call but was scared of his price tag @60k at first now 55k but still fair now.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by klexycole(m): 9:56am On May 30, 2018
daamazing:
Oh, sorry. You can complain on miforum sha. But an update for that ish should be released or check full changelogs online. It may be fixed in that update but not stated

Thank you. smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MilesLamar(m): 9:57am On May 30, 2018
Any redmi4x for sale?? Abuja
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:11am On May 30, 2018
tyoba:

Which surface did it fall on? Am asking because mine also fell many times from various heights without any issue. The day it fell on tarred road, that's it! Replaced the screen, just under two weeks, fell on tarred road again, and same thing happened .
Morale is, not all surfaces are thesame, some are harder and rougher. The harder and also the tougher a surface, the more the likelihood to shatter your phone. Also, how the phone drops and lands determine its survival.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:12am On May 30, 2018
tyoba:
cc noobody.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 10:18am On May 30, 2018
Iamtosignno:
Let Chat on whatsapp to see the phone pictures
0803-707-8173 add me up let's chat

(1) (2) (3) ... (2906) (2907) (2908) (2909) (2910) (2911) (2912) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.