Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,528 members, 7,857,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 07:14 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (2956) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9459810 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2953) (2954) (2955) (2956) (2957) (2958) (2959) ... (9331) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:36am On Jun 07, 2018
humblesteve:

shocked wow since my days of redmi 3s

Hehehe. That redmi 3s camera ehn! cheesy
jboixxx:

Hahahaha, you gerrit

...eleojo23 and GrandMufti don initiate you abi?

grin
saky18:

ok, Treasuresphere?

Yes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 6:41am On Jun 07, 2018
jboixxx:

Hahahaha, you gerrit

...eleojo23 and GrandMufti don initiate you abi?
Na sleep eyes jare, good morning.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 6:51am On Jun 07, 2018
Born2conquer:

Redmi 5 plus
What's the exact problem, hope phone didn't come in contact with water?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seyema(m): 6:56am On Jun 07, 2018
damuseron:

Thanks, I run Oreo 8.0 beta nightly on MI6 while MI5 is stable global 7.0.
I admire Xiaomi for bringing great hardware at affordable price having used Samsung S2 to S5 phones but sometimes our Oliver Twist will always ask for more; Glo LTE support, good camera, etc.
Especially that camera. I watch mi mix 2s vs galaxy S7 edge on tech tablet and it surprises me that S7 beat it in audio recording, video and even camera. What will now happen if its vs S8 or the almighty S9

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seyema(m): 7:05am On Jun 07, 2018
jboixxx:

As advised earlier, flash a full ROM/reset your device for likely improvement in battery performance.
Active 2SIMs, changed data SIM, Twitter(streaming) and UC browser activities only.
Okay...... I have seen great improvement since I uninstall that evil app called Facebook
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 7:16am On Jun 07, 2018
seyema:

Okay...... I have seen great improvement since I uninstall that evil app called Facebook
Always remove Facebook app if its already there
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bily(m): 7:21am On Jun 07, 2018
interesting picture comparison between budget redmi note 5 AI (using both Gcam and Miui camera app) and samsung galaxy s9+

order of picutre:
Gcam redmi note 5
s9+
miui redmi note 5

source:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-5-pro/how-to/xiaomi-redmi-note-5-china-miui-gcam-vs-t3793572

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bily(m): 7:22am On Jun 07, 2018
same order
gcam
s9+
miui

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bily(m): 7:25am On Jun 07, 2018
same order

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by daamazing(m): 7:31am On Jun 07, 2018
Gptech:
Abegi......
me wey i dey siddon chop gala. You don pour water for my body, gala don wet angry
Wetin angry

angry grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bhordmars: 7:32am On Jun 07, 2018
Any Redmi 5 Plus 3d Or Tempered Glass For Sale.? Lag Only
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by daamazing(m): 7:35am On Jun 07, 2018
bily:
interesting picture comparison between budget redmi note 5 AI (using both Gcam and Miui camera app) and samsung galaxy s9+

order of picutre:
Gcam redmi note 5
s9+
miui redmi note 5

source:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-5-pro/how-to/xiaomi-redmi-note-5-china-miui-gcam-vs-t3793572
Why didn't they use Gcam on S9+?

Anyway both phone cameras are non- comparable.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bily(m): 7:47am On Jun 07, 2018
daamazing:
Why didn't they use Gcam on S9+?

Anyway both phone cameras are non- comparable.

on the contrary, what i have deduced so far based on many comparisons i have seen, a midranger phone with a top rated camera usually compares well to that of a flagship phone in daylight photography. you only begin to notice major difference in night/low light photography.

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 7:49am On Jun 07, 2018
bily:
same order

I see the stock xiaomi camera is holding it's own. 2018 is the year of camera upgrade for xiaomi.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by daamazing(m): 8:04am On Jun 07, 2018
bily:

on the contrary, what i have deduced so far based on many comparisons i have seen, a midranger phone with a top rated camera usually compares well to that of a flagship phone in daylight photography. you only begin to notice major difference in night/low light photography.
looks so, but when you look at the raw image, you'll find out it'll be more detailed on the S9+ than the Redmi.

Especially when viewed on a bigger screen or let's say a TV for example

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bily(m): 8:21am On Jun 07, 2018
daamazing:
looks so, but when you look at the raw image, you'll find out it'll be more detailed on the S9+ than the Redmi.

Especially when viewed on a bigger screen or let's say a TV for example

the bold is what is mostly important for mobile consumption. ie how it looks since a larger % of pictures taken with mobile phone are usually used for mobile consumption such as social media.

and the funny thing is the detail we are talking about, most people will not even notice it except photography buffs and tech heads. i can guarantee you, a lot of people will tell you all the pictures i posted above are equally good and they cant see any difference grin
i once took some portrait pictures with my old redmi note 3 using gcam, displayed it on tv at a family event and most people taught i used my dslr camera for the pictures grin does that mean my redmi note 3 is as good as my dslr camera? the answer is for many ordinary people it is. but the fact is, it is not. so its really all about target purpose and target audience.

i guess we tech heads get bored easily, so we like to find things to compare and argue to kill some time and earn bragging rights grin

9 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:56am On Jun 07, 2018
seyema:

I always delete that app on my phones...I use UC browser notification for my Facebook account.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:12am On Jun 07, 2018
fibonacci2526:

I see the stock xiaomi camera is holding it's own. 2018 is the year of camera upgrade for xiaomi.

Yes o.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by darkhorizon: 9:17am On Jun 07, 2018
Bidphil:

please what's the exact price and where can I get it sir

It's 31k on Jumia express. It doesn't have fingerprint.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stormyweather(m): 9:26am On Jun 07, 2018
Stormyweather:
I have tempered glass for sale (2) and one case. Redmi note 5. Call, text or whatsapp. 08068172042. The pictures are not clear. Probably because the weather is stormy grin
available to pick up today. Ikeja is the location but I think we can reach an agreement for sending out of lagos.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by humblesteve(m): 9:46am On Jun 07, 2018
GrandMufti:

Hehehe. That redmi 3s camera ehn! cheesy
Camera make sense shaa

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by daamazing(m): 9:47am On Jun 07, 2018
bily:

the bold is what is mostly important for mobile consumption. ie how it looks since a larger % of pictures taken with mobile phone are usually used for mobile consumption such as social media.

and the funny thing is the detail we are talking about, most people will not even notice it except photography buffs and tech heads. i can guarantee you, a lot of people will tell you all the pictures i posted above are equally good and they cant see any difference grin
i once took some portrait pictures with my old redmi note 3 using gcam, displayed it on tv at a family event and most people taught i used my dslr camera for the pictures grin does that mean my redmi note 3 is as good as my dslr camera? the answer is for many ordinary people it is. but the fact is, it is not. so its really all about target purpose and target audience.

i guess we tech heads get bored easily, so we like to find things to compare and argue to kill some time and earn bragging rights grin
lipsrsealed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 10:18am On Jun 07, 2018
bily:

That's what ppl don't know, phones has reached a threshold... The ppl that can help phones now is game devs...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 10:27am On Jun 07, 2018
bily:

order of picutre:
Gcam redmi note 5
s9+
miui redmi note 5

source:
But bros, make I no lie sha I like the miui redmi note 5 pix pass shocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Septre: 10:44am On Jun 07, 2018
@fibonacci2526 @GrandMufti and @Gptech Please i want to change the imei of my redmi 4a, what is the easiest and least complicated way to go about it? i also have a side chic huawei y560-LO1 and want to do the same thing to it. Make una no laugh me oo. I am a late andriod adopter i cant root a phone yet i dont want to spoil my phone embarassed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stormyweather(m): 10:54am On Jun 07, 2018
Guys please, a friend of mine has a note 5 china that's been giving him issues for two weeks now, its the 6/64gb. the battery doesn't do 5 hrs and the mouthpiece acts up. its China ROM. Any solution? he has done factory reset several times and he has also drained his battery several times. there is currently no update available on the phone. All suggestions are welcome.

cc GrandMufti, Fibonacci2526, Jboixxx, Gptech to mention a few.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by damuseron(m): 11:02am On Jun 07, 2018
seyema:

Especially that camera. I watch mi mix 2s vs galaxy S7 edge on tech tablet and it surprises me that S7 beat it in audio recording, video and even camera. What will now happen if its vs S8 or the almighty S9

Please don't rock the MIUI fan base table + those S phones ain't affordable like our Mi series��. But am happy the new batches of Mi8 runs AMOLED display from Samsung, that should bring in lovely display of images
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by damuseron(m): 11:07am On Jun 07, 2018
Stormyweather:
Guys please, a friend of mine has a note 5 china that's been giving him issues for two weeks now, its the 6/64gb. the battery doesn't do 5 hrs and the mouthpiece acts up. its China ROM. Any solution? he has done factory reset several times and he has also drained his battery several times. there is currently no update available on the phone. All suggestions are welcome.

cc GrandMufti, Fibonacci2526, Jboixxx, Gptech to mention a few.

Is your bootloader unlocked? Follow Jboixxx guide somewhere in this forum or a visit to MIUI forum, will possibly search for it and tag you. That's if the chiefs cc above don't reply before then.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 11:27am On Jun 07, 2018
Xiaomi Y2 launched with SD625, Oreo and MIUI 9.5. Too many Mid-rangers this year alone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 11:34am On Jun 07, 2018
Im convinced Xiaomi are the ones now producing sd 625...ahn ahn

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2953) (2954) (2955) (2956) (2957) (2958) (2959) ... (9331) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: udysweet(f), callydon(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.