Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,643 members, 7,851,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:24 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (2960) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9418363 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2957) (2958) (2959) (2960) (2961) (2962) (2963) ... (9329) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 4:33am On Jun 08, 2018
bily:

Na Oyinbo wey make pencil also make eraser.

Don't bother wondering grin

You got the jist... wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 5:24am On Jun 08, 2018
Teedeechian:
Oga GrandMufti my phone was stolen last Saturday, I have MI account logged on it and I have locked it on mi cloud, just wondering if the thief will still be able to unlock/flash it.

Oh sorry about the loss.

To unlock, he'll first have to apply for the unlock permission. Which is impossible since he doesn't know your mi account login details. So the phone is useless to him now.

You can also set a message that will always display once it's powered on. The message could be that it's a stolen phone. Then you can go ahead and add your phone numbers in case the new owner intends to contact you.

Try and retrieve your line to safeguard your bank account
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 5:29am On Jun 08, 2018
edicied:
Please Can Mi remote control DSTV?

Yes. Try the default app or anymote app. There are quite a number of good ones also
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by luvlyoracle(m): 5:30am On Jun 08, 2018
eleojo23:

If you want to use it with Glo 4G, get the Huawei e5573s-606

It also supports LTE band 1,3,7,28,40 which other Nigerian networks use
ok thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 6:17am On Jun 08, 2018
That feeling u experience when you lock your stolen Xiaomi device cool

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 6:18am On Jun 08, 2018
Gptech:

Collected two phones yesterday and paid #200 each.

Noobody talk say na random.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 6:19am On Jun 08, 2018
6 black pieces of xiaomi redmi note 5 and 2 gold color xiaomi redmi note 5 should be available next week. All global rom and 32gb.

Call 08062907289 to book yours. All come with tempered glass.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 6:21am On Jun 08, 2018
You won't appreciate your scam Xiaomi till you have to do one or two things on dem "premium"

Am I d only one that hates the full screen gestures??

Special shout out to noobody, my realest gee kiss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 6:21am On Jun 08, 2018
So once locked, the thief can't flash new rom via one of the flash tools on PC?
GrandMufti:

Oh sorry about the loss.

To unlock, he'll first have to apply for the unlock permission. Which is impossible since he doesn't know your mi account login details. So the phone is useless to him now.

You can also set a message that will always display once it's powered on. The message could be that it's a stolen phone. Then you can go ahead and add your phone numbers in case the new owner intends to contact you.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by daamazing(m): 6:24am On Jun 08, 2018
macbeyland:
If the bootloader is locked, yes. And if there's a MIUI account already login which you used to lock the device.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 6:28am On Jun 08, 2018
Loading massively, xiaomi mi 8,redmi 5plus, redmi note 5 sweet sales.
flash
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:30am On Jun 08, 2018
macbeyland:
He can, if it's fastboot. But upon reboot, a password will be needed.

But recovery rom flashing is not possible

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 6:36am On Jun 08, 2018
Protein0:
Loading massively, xiaomi mi 8,redmi 5plus, redmi note 5 sweet sales.
flash

Oya.. Mi 8 SE as e dey hot..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 6:37am On Jun 08, 2018
3k page loading...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 6:39am On Jun 08, 2018
Dam5reey:

Oya.. Mi 8 SE as e dey hot..
no time sir! cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 6:49am On Jun 08, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Express shipping is limiting especially if you are buying a xiaomi phone. An average user wants the 'normal' phone (play store, play services etc) at the first boot. Not everyone is comfortable with the Chinese rom/version which is what you would get if you are using express.

The whole process is affordable because you CAN afford it. All due respect to the students on this thread, I know what that 3-4k difference can do for most of them and even some people that are not students. It's a big deal and rightly so.
first paragraph is light years from being correct.
Express shipping is limitless. It's just that there's no Salah's performance for the price of Ahmed Musa. All versions are available on express so far the buyer can afford it (still cheaper than d likes of DHL tho). It was the common aim of price friendliness that make express shipping looks like it's for Chinese rom/versions only. In most buyer's words, "after all, I can always move to the global rom instead of the price difference".

The options are many, each with its price tho
AliExpress (regular shipping), price is long delivery period
Express (global rom/Chinese rom), price is global version
Express (global version), price is money
AliExpress (expedited shipping), price is money

Fact is dt Chinese OEMs/technologies aren't for anyone that can't pay any of the above prices.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 6:55am On Jun 08, 2018
I see. Thanks.
GrandMufti:

He can, if it's fastboot. But upon reboot, a password will be needed.

But recovery rom flashing is not possible

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 6:57am On Jun 08, 2018
Pls all those who purchased xiaomi redmi note 5 from me should watsapp me on 08062907289 for delivery address of tempered glass for their device.
macbeyland:
6 black pieces of xiaomi redmi note 5 and 2 gold color xiaomi redmi note 5 should be available next week. All global rom and 32gb.

Call 08062907289 to book yours. All come with tempered glass.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 7:06am On Jun 08, 2018
Morning guys, can someone create two Mi accounts with the same phone/phone number?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:07am On Jun 08, 2018
eleojo23:
Morning guys, can someone create two Mi accounts with the same phone/phone number?

No sir

***modified ****
Yes you can create two accounts, but with different phone numbers.

You can only login with only one at a time
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 7:09am On Jun 08, 2018
noobody:

Its not like its certain on every phone item,according to the post master,its bin on for like 3 weeks now,customs people would just pick at random,but am very sure with the way its going,if they notice people are turning up to make payments,they would make it a permanent descision

it'll be 3 weeks on Monday. Very bad policy cry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 7:10am On Jun 08, 2018
GrandMufti:

No sir

I think I have forgotten my password. And the code to reset it is not been delivered to my phone.
Is MTN the culprit here?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:10am On Jun 08, 2018
Gurus in the house please weigh in on this:

As a xiaomi user, does one really need MI cloud backup assuming one is already backing up stuff to Google account.
Also, it appears some stuff like SMS messages, call history, etc don't backup to Google account.

Absolutely, which would you prefer using?
Google cloud backup or
MI cloud backup or
Combination of both?

What other options are available if any?

Asking for a friend................
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 7:11am On Jun 08, 2018
Dam5reey:

Mi Max 3 can do better... cool

20Hours SOT grin

This is mobile office... wink
I pray that max 3 won't disappoint me o cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:11am On Jun 08, 2018
eleojo23:

I think I have forgotten my password. And the code to reset it is not been delivered to my phone.
Is MTN the culprit here?

Most likely.

Try and reset from miui site
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 7:12am On Jun 08, 2018
eleojo23:

Is MTN the culprit here?
use email na. Meme lord wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Teedeechian(m): 7:12am On Jun 08, 2018
GrandMufti:

Oh sorry about the loss.

Thanks, done all that, just glad the idiot won't be able to use it.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Teedeechian(m): 7:18am On Jun 08, 2018
Protein0:
That feeling u experience when you lock your stolen Xiaomi device cool

The one that supersedes it is when you see the green signal that the lock command has been received, especially when your phone Internet connection is not on before, which means the idiot has helped in turning on your connection or wifi.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:20am On Jun 08, 2018
Teedeechian:

The one that supersedes it is when you see the green signal that the lock command has been received, especially when your phone Internet connection is not on before, which means the idiot has helped in turning on your connection or wifi.

Use a 'flash message' on the screen
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 7:23am On Jun 08, 2018
Protein0:
use email na. Meme lord wink

OK..even if the email is not linked to the account?
For now, it's only my phone number that is linked to it.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tuzeriouz(m): 7:24am On Jun 08, 2018
I am yet to understand the meaning of this popped up message. Immediately this message is popped up, the device will start acting up. It will start blinking by interchanging between Menu page and blackout. Used to apply Restart Button to correct it. Kindly advice.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 7:26am On Jun 08, 2018
GrandMufti:

Most likely.
Try and reset from miui site
How do I do that?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2957) (2958) (2959) (2960) (2961) (2962) (2963) ... (9329) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.