Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,942 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9222982 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 12:56pm On Feb 26, 2017
Get the .mtz from the link below. Use theme manager to import it. But you won't be able to apply it

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-mix/themes/official-black-theme-mi-note-2-t3533576

Gucciboss:
[/b]
Nawa oo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Theloveth(m): 1:10pm On Feb 26, 2017
Good afternoon my people. I have been a silent follower of the thread with the hope of getting to know about Xiaomi phones and how to get one. Today, I transferred 35k to my sister's Gtbank account to try and load my alipocket but I could not. Tried 100$ but it was not working, then I tried $20 and I was getting insufficient fund after the OTP page. This is despite the fact that there is enough money in the account. Please help me with this. And I hope to use like 3 different Gtb accounts to fund my pocket. Hope am lucky.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 1:18pm On Feb 26, 2017
Gucciboss:
[/b]
Nawa oo
If your phone is rooted and you're running Marshmallow or lower, there's an Xposed module that enables you to bypass that.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cgame: 1:39pm On Feb 26, 2017
hay2zed50:
Sir, e be like say na the way be that o, me wey I never come see tempered glass buy nko ? expecting the case soon though, maybe I go just find one glass here ni o, or is there anybody with Redmi Note 4 tempered glass ?

Get a tampered glass that fits your phone from any phone shop..

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gucciboss: 1:43pm On Feb 26, 2017
GrandMufti:
Get the .mtz from the link below. Use theme manager to import it. But you won't be able to apply it

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-mix/themes/official-black-theme-mi-note-2-t3533576

Thanks. downloaded... At bolded so true

rookidmart:

If your phone is rooted and you're running Marshmallow or lower, there's an Xposed module that enables you to bypass that.
My phone isn't rooted but you can still drop the process please, in case I change my mind later cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 1:46pm On Feb 26, 2017
Gucciboss:

My phone isn't rooted but you can still drop the process please, in case I change my mind later cheesy
That theme thing na long thing ooo.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by babatee126(m): 1:49pm On Feb 26, 2017
Tecno Camon C9 Specification and Reviews ~ Latest Technology, Mobile App, MTN GLO AIRTEL and Etisalat Gist http://www.9jaboizgist.com.ng/2017/02/tecno-camon-c9-specification-and-reviews.html?m=1
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 1:51pm On Feb 26, 2017
Gucciboss:

There you go:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-2/themes/apply-party-themes-xiaomi-designer-t3540295

The procedure above uses Xposed for Lollipop.
Just flash the TWRP for your device and download Xposed for Marshmallow and you're good to go.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 1:51pm On Feb 26, 2017
GrandMufti:

4 working days if it's Singapore post
My last order took 6 days to get to Lag from dispatched.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cgame: 1:53pm On Feb 26, 2017
walemust:
Redmi pro screen guard for sale, got the order a few days ago and it's not for my phone. So if u are interested u can contact me on this number 08098401016 or whatsapp

I like your wallet
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hay2zed50(m): 1:57pm On Feb 26, 2017
Cgame:

Get a tampered glass that fits your phone from any phone shop..
That's what I've been trying to do, thanks bro !
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 1:57pm On Feb 26, 2017
Theloveth:
Good afternoon my people. I have been a silent follower of the thread with the hope of getting to know about Xiaomi phones and how to get one. Today, I transferred 35k to my sister's Gtbank account to try and load my alipocket but I could not. Tried 100$ but it was not working, then I tried $20 and I was getting insufficient fund after the OTP page. This is despite the fact that there is enough money in the account. Please help me with this. And I hope to use like 3 different Gtb accounts to fund my pocket. Hope am lucky.
Is the card linked to Savings and Current account? If yes, transfer the money to the default account (Current), then you're good to go.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 1:58pm On Feb 26, 2017
Cgame:

I like your wallet
grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gucciboss: 2:01pm On Feb 26, 2017
rookidmart:

There you go:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-2/themes/apply-party-themes-xiaomi-designer-t3540295

The procedure above uses Xposed for Lollipop.
Just flash the TWRP for your device and download Xposed for Marshmallow and you're good to go.
Thanks, will give a try later
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:04pm On Feb 26, 2017
jboixxx:

My last order took 6 days to get to Lag from dispatched.

Your last order was through PostNL and not SG post
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yasolan(m): 2:12pm On Feb 26, 2017
walemust:
Redmi pro screen guard for sale, got the order a few days ago and it's not for my phone. So if u are interested u can contact me on this number 08098401016 or whatsapp
how much
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 2:16pm On Feb 26, 2017
GrandMufti:

Your last order was through PostNL and not SG post
Nah! My Tab is through PostNL while my tempered glass + Silicon case is through SG.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by walemust(m): 2:18pm On Feb 26, 2017
yasolan:

how much
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by walemust(m): 2:20pm On Feb 26, 2017
Cgame:

I like your wallet
lol... Na Poor man wallet Ooo, not for bosses like u
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OmichaelO: 2:55pm On Feb 26, 2017
GrandMufti:

Lol. It's actually redmi note 3 SE
ohh lol
thanks brother

i can't wait to sell off this phone to buy 3SE
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Samiceman: 3:01pm On Feb 26, 2017
Edited grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:32pm On Feb 26, 2017
OmichaelO:
ohh
lol

thanks brother

i can't wait to sell off this phone to buy 3SE

Which one? iPhone 7? wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:33pm On Feb 26, 2017
jboixxx:

Nah! My Tab is through PostNL while my tempered glass + Silicon case is through SG.

Ok
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stakekay1(m): 4:00pm On Feb 26, 2017
Please how do I register for Ali express shipping? I want to get the following, power bank, ear piece, tampered glass and battery back replacement cover. Thank you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by donkafor(m): 4:01pm On Feb 26, 2017
PLEASE HELP. My GTBank Naira Mastercard can buy things on Aliexpress but can't fund my Aliexpress pocket. Keep showing error page.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nadalion: 4:16pm On Feb 26, 2017
rookidmart:

Welcome to the Xiaomi thread.
Prerequisites:
-A GTB and Access Bank account enabled for internet banking. Other banks eg Stanbic, FCMB etc work but you'll be charged at a higher rate.
(You'll need 2 accounts because your order is above $100 and due to the forex crisis banks limit forex transactions to $100 monthly. FYI GTB charges ₦320/$ and Access Bank charges ₦325/$)
-An AliExpress account
-Aliexpress app on your phone (new members get coupons)
Activating Your Card For Internet Transactions
Have you paid for stuff online before, whether Nigerian or international sites?
If no then you'll have to activate your card for internet banking.
For VISA card you'll need to go to your bank's ATM(I hear you can use any ATM) slot in your ATM and insert your PIN.
Then select "Change PIN"
You'll see a "Change I-PIN" button, click on it.
Now insert your I-PIN (something easy to remember but hard to forget)
For added security use a different pin from your usual ATM pin so if one is compromised the other is safe.
The I-PIN is the PIN you'll use to verify the transaction if you want to buy things online.

For MasterCard eg GTB's MasterCard, you'll have to go to the branch and fill a form to enable internet banking.

Funding AliExpress Pocket
Download the app, create an account.
On the My Account tab on the app you'll see My AliExpress Pocket, click on it and fund your AliExpress Pocket with about $100 (if $100 doesn't work at once then select it in multiples eg $20 * 5 or $50 * 2)
Search for the device you want to buy select buy now, you'll see an option to use your AliExpress Pocket, tick it.
Then use your other ATM to complete the transaction.

About Appeals:
You don't have to appeal before you fund your AliExpress Pocket.

Sometimes people are told to appeal for security reasons, to verify you're the owner/handler of the card, mostly when you use a card that isn't in your name to fund the pocket.
In that case you'll be told to upload a picture of the ATM card(you can block out some numbers for security purposes), identification (eg passport, voters card, birth certificate [don't know if they still collect these], or international passport), and a recent bank statement of the account you were told to appeal.

After 3-5 business days the details will be verified and you can use that card (that doesn't bear your name) to fund your pocket in the future without hassles.

About Collection:
The package will be delivered to the nearest post office and you'll be notified by the post office (either by call or text, or they'll bring a slip to your house) that you have an item waiting for collection at the post office.
You might be charged a ₦500 "handling fee" upon collection of the item.
Happy buying!

If you have any other questions you can ask here.
How cann i fund wallet via web?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Theloveth(m): 4:16pm On Feb 26, 2017
jboixxx:

Is the card linked to Savings and Current account? If yes, transfer the money to the default account (Current), then you're good to go.
It's a savings account. And I have used it for online transactions before. Don't know what the problem is.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yasolan(m): 4:45pm On Feb 26, 2017
walemust:
not bad,lagos?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stakekay1(m): 5:03pm On Feb 26, 2017
donkafor:
PLEASE HELP. My GTBank Naira Mastercard can buy things on Aliexpress but can't fund my Aliexpress pocket. Keep showing error page.
Please what's the difference between buying directly with Master card and buying with Ali Pocket?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elxandre(m): 5:15pm On Feb 26, 2017
Baroba:
Please gurus, can apps be moved to SD card on MIUI 8? Am just realising how quickly a 16gb phone can fill up.. Redmi 4a..
Lol grin
My next phone will be 64gb abeg!
or a 32gb with separate SD card slot at least.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 5:37pm On Feb 26, 2017
Stakekay1:
Please what's the difference between buying directly with Master card and buying with Ali Pocket?
There's not much difference per se.
AliExpress pocket is AliExpress' wallet.
You can use it to "store" money to be spent on AliExpress.
An advantage is that refunds are faster when bought with the funds in your pocket because there's no need to go through the bank.

The real advantage and main reason we use it in this thread is to bypass the forex restrictions/ limit on Bank accounts.
Banks only allow you to spend $100 monthly for forex transactions, so if you want to buy an item higher than $100 you wouldn't be able to.

If you use one bank's ATM to fund your pocket it's like you deposit money there, and you can now combine that money in the pocket with the one in a different bank's ATM whose monthly limit you haven't exceeded.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 5:39pm On Feb 26, 2017
nadalion:

How cann i fund wallet via web?
If you're logged in on the PC, click this link:
http://sale.aliexpress.com/__pc/giftcard2016.htm

http://sale.aliexpress.com/giftcard2016.htm

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.