Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (326) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9286905 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (9322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 1:56pm On Feb 28, 2017
gidieberry:
exactly what i said earlier, if not for aliexpress i will argue wif any1 over diz, do any1 if d redmi note 4 launch in Taiwan z d snapdragon variant cauz d variant launch in Pakistan z d snap version... dis z a pure marketing strategy frm xiaomi, dt band 20 in d snapdragon international version z a huge deal for european buyers...

The Taiwanese market use band 28 so this is not for them. Also, xiaomi don't have any factory in Pakistan so there is no official launch of note 4 or any other xiaomi phone in Pakistan. It's most likely they were shipped from India as they are next door neighbors.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 2:08pm On Feb 28, 2017
GrandMufti:

The Taiwanese market use band 28 so this is not for them. Also, xiaomi don't have any factory in Pakistan so there is no official launch of note 4 or any other xiaomi phone in Pakistan. It's most likely they were shipped from India as they are next door neighbors.

Gee, xiaomi z officially in pakiatan now, they released redmi 4a, redmi note 4 n mi max...they re selling dia fones thru online e-commerce same as they do in India, try to verify thinz b4 u jus reject thinz....
http://gizchina.com/2017/02/20/finally-xiaomi-enters-pakistan-redmi-note-4/
https://techjuice.pk/xiaomi-officially-launches-smartphones-in-pakistan-through-distribution-partnership/

xiaomi does not have any factory in pakistan, abegi, must a phone OEM compulsory have a factory in a country b4 a phone cn b launched dere, samsung do official launch of fones here in nigeria, abegi gimme location of dia factory

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dustmalik: 2:13pm On Feb 28, 2017
GrandMufti:

grin seen clearly. But there is no official word of this model by xiaomi, not even on miui forum. The closest info on note 4 snapdragon is that they'll release a matte version of the phone. Well Goodluck with the purchase.
I think I may have come across certain Info that it'll be launched on the 8th of March, but I've forgotten where I saw that info.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:25pm On Feb 28, 2017
gidieberry:
Gee, xiaomi z officially in pakiatan now, they released redmi 4a, redmi note 4 n mi max...they re selling dia fones thru online e-commerce same as they do in India, try to verify thinz b4 u jus reject thinz....
http://gizchina.com/2017/02/20/finally-xiaomi-enters-pakistan-redmi-note-4/
https://techjuice.pk/xiaomi-officially-launches-smartphones-in-pakistan-through-distribution-partnership/

I need not open the link. The underlined says it all grin An online store is selling it, not like they have official presence like having a service center or factory, just like in India, Hong Kong, Malaysia and Indonesia.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:26pm On Feb 28, 2017
dustmalik:

I think I may have come across certain Info that it'll be launched on the 8th of March, but I've forgotten where I saw that info.

The matte abi? The looks over make sense

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:29pm On Feb 28, 2017
gidieberry:

xiaomi does not have any factory in pakistan, abegi, must a phone OEM compulsory have a factory in a country b4 a phone cn b launched dere, samsung do official launch of fones here in nigeria, abegi gimme location of dia factory

Please don't get me wrong. I'm talking of officially launching a new model of a phone.

Pakistan is the last place to do that grin

Yes Samsung do launch their phones in Nigeria, but after the official launch in their main markets like Korea and US
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:32pm On Feb 28, 2017
@gidieberry

You might actually be right about the note 4. Perhaps it could be that it was launched in Taiwan or Hong Kong.

The same way they quietly launched the note 3 SE. But in that scenario, it was announced in the miui forum.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 2:34pm On Feb 28, 2017
GrandMufti:

I need not open the link. The underlined says it all grin An online store is selling it, not like they have official presence like having a service center or factory, just like in India, Hong Kong, Malaysia and Indonesia.

chisos!!! why are u so pragmatic? when xiaomi officially entered india market n launched fones, they partnered wif online e-commerce as well, service center was catered for later....n it was recently they had a manufacturing plant in india bcz of indian givernment legislation n regulation, the whole "made in india" stuff.... Xiaomi z officially in Pakistan, finish!!! leave it or take it.... having a factory aint compulsory b4 an OEM has an official presence in a country
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dustmalik: 2:36pm On Feb 28, 2017
GrandMufti:

The matte abi? The looks over make sense
I guess that's the one.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:37pm On Feb 28, 2017
gidieberry:
chisos!!! why are u so pragmatic? when xiaomi officially entered india market n launched fones, they partnered wif online e-commerce as well, service center was catered for later....n it was recently they had a manufacturing plant in india bcz of indian givernment legislation n regulation, the whole "made in india" stuff.... Xiaomi z officially in Pakistan, finish!!! leave it or take it.... having a factory aint compulsory b4 an OEM has an official presence in a country

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 2:39pm On Feb 28, 2017
GrandMufti:
@gidieberry

You might actually be right about the note 4. Perhaps it could be that it was launched in Taiwan or Hong Kong.

The same way they quietly launched the note 3 SE. But in that scenario, it was announced in the miui forum.
let me clear an air for u, dia z difference between to announce a phone n to launch it, as an ex dz lg g6 dt was announced in MWC, dt z d fone been announced n officially unveiled.... lg will now decide d countries they wanna official launch d fones....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 2:43pm On Feb 28, 2017
[quote author=GrandMufti post=54140323][/quote] LMAO
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:47pm On Feb 28, 2017
gidieberry:
LMAO

Bia dis man! angry you no get girlfriend? She no dey miss you? Why you come dey 'hug' me like dis?

Battery that I charged to download don weak finish!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 2:51pm On Feb 28, 2017
@gidieberry and Grandmufti...

Xiaomi Ceo abeg come throw light on your devices oo

Too many versions... Even ROMs are uncountable..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:56pm On Feb 28, 2017
Dam5reey:
@gidieberry and Grandmufti...

Xiaomi Ceo abeg come throw light on your devices oo

Too many versions... Even ROMs are uncountable..

I tire for them. I wonder what it so difficult in keeping things simple.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:20pm On Feb 28, 2017
Those Nokia phones Sha! Imagine the least of them, the Nokia 3 having android N sad and supports all LTE bands in Nigeria. They'll soon take over the midrange market.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 3:27pm On Feb 28, 2017
GrandMufti:
Those Nokia phones Sha! Imagine the least of them, the Nokia 3 having android N sad and supports all LTE bands in Nigeria. They'll soon take over the midrange market.

Price go push them out of market.... I can see they used Mediatek MT6737

Mediatek MT6737 is a no no 2650 mAh battery... Na Rubbish sad

The phone is quoted above 150$

Take this thread as a case study... How many people did you see here buying Note 3 pro SE Cos of Glo bands?

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:39pm On Feb 28, 2017
Dam5reey:

Price go push them out of market.... I can see they used Mediatek MT6737

Mediatek MT6737 is a no no 2650 mAh battery... Na Rubbish sad

The phone is quoted above 150$

Take this thread as a case study... How many people did you see here buying Note 3 pro SE Cos of Glo bands?

That is why I said 'the least' because the other higher versions use snapdragon. I prefer to wait for aliexpress before I Can say anything about pricing. But I expect it to be a bit high because of the build quality
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:50pm On Feb 28, 2017
wonder why these prices keep going up. 4A used to be less than $100 one tine na abi?

i need something cheap, less than $100 so i can pay for it once
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:56pm On Feb 28, 2017
4llerbuntu:
wonder why these prices keep going up. 4A used to be less than $100 one tine na abi?

Everything went up immediately after the Chinese new year. Maybe the tax rate has increased
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 3:58pm On Feb 28, 2017
GrandMufti:

That is why I said 'the least' because the other higher versions use snapdragon. I prefer to wait for aliexpress before I Can say anything about pricing. But I expect it to be a bit high because of the build quality

Alright, then But what will make me buy Nokia 6 for 375USD?

Abeg make Nokia park well... I dont see what is special about 3310 for Over 50USD, that is about N20,000. no whats app

Less that 24hours to go, Make I order Mi 5 Jeje 234USD grin

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 4:01pm On Feb 28, 2017
Dam5reey:

Alright, then But what will make me buy Nokia 6 for 375USD?

Abeg make Nokia park well... I dont see what is special about 3310 for Over 50USD, that is about N20,000. no whats app

Less that 24hours to go, Make I order Mi 5 Jeje 234USD grin

grin card declined

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 4:04pm On Feb 28, 2017
GrandMufti:

grin card declined

Ahhaa Abeg oo... grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 4:14pm On Feb 28, 2017
4llerbuntu:

AliExpress will have anniversary sale on the 28th of next month.
If they increase prices now by then they can offer "huge discounts"

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 4:21pm On Feb 28, 2017
rookidmart:

AliExpress will have anniversary sale on the 28th of next month.
If they increase prices now by then they can offer "huge discounts"

Is there any Xiaomi phone with a price lower than $100?

Looping: GrandMufti, Gptech
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 4:23pm On Feb 28, 2017
40manlappy:

The Redmi 4A used to be $100 exactly, but it's been increased a little.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 4:42pm On Feb 28, 2017
40manlappy:

Looping: GrandMufti, Gptech

I don't think so. Even if you see, it'll be 2GB ram grin

Just save for a better phone

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nurez305(m): 4:55pm On Feb 28, 2017
onwards:

Mine took six days to ship but I believe Dreami stores took it seriously after I messaged them to complain bitterly but politely.
You can try it too.
Same thing yesterday. My item was stuck at handover to airline for nearly 7 days and I complained again. Three hours later, after he/she promised to look into it, it was updated to despatched to Nigeria.

Message them they will respond and are very helpful. Trust me you won't irritate them at all.
All the best.
thank bro, i just did the same now, hope to get responds from them
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by heroshark(m): 5:01pm On Feb 28, 2017
Please how can I update my redmi 3s without WiFi... I on global stable row 8.0 ... Getting massage to update but it seems that I can only update through WiFi... And there is no strong wifi connection here

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (9322) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Azazyel, Hero2t, dvkot(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.