Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,491 members, 7,850,721 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:00 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (3323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9416441 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3320) (3321) (3322) (3323) (3324) (3325) (3326) ... (9329) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 10:05am On Aug 11, 2018
lanre316:

True talk bro, regarding the AMOLED display.

The day I held One plus 6 side by side with Redmi Note 5 is the day I recognise the superiority of AMOLED displays. Nothing compares to the best. Good is good, better is better, but the best is not comparable to the rest. AMOLED display is the BEST! No wonder Samsung phones has always been the champion phones.
make we no dey expect samsung amoled displays ontop redmi series ooo dt alone go make d price escalate like rocket fire... Mayb oled panels from BOE sa but i dnt d quality , just imagine d screen issues wey inflict google pixel 2 xl all bcz google decide to use lg oled panel...

cc:olak4gold
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 10:07am On Aug 11, 2018
lanre316:

WHAT! Just for light bulb. That amount will get me a small Xiaomi powerbank.

Xiaomi should reason their price for this LED bulb well na.

You can check the price on aliexpress. It's even more expensive than 8k for shipping and buying.

Trust me, the price is worth it. The bulb doesn't look cheap at all. It has built in wifi functionality. The weight alone and the material build speak for the quality of the item.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 10:07am On Aug 11, 2018
UPDATE! UPDATE!!

The following phones are currently available for INSTANT PICKUPS.
Call or watsapp on 08062907289 to book yours.

All phone purchased come with the following Freebies:

2 Tempered glass
1 360 degree case
*1 earpiece
*1 EU adapter
*1 phone stand
*1 32gb Mixza memory card for redmi note 5- 64g and 16gb memory card for xiaomi redmi note 5, redmi 5 plus 4/64gb/32gb

Xiaomi redmi note 5 4/64gb black, with Freebies---77k. (Global Version 80k)

Xiaomi redmi note 5 4/64 gb Gold, including Freebies….. 73k (Global version 76k)

Xiaomi redmi note 5, black, 3/32gb with accessories……. 66k (Global Version.. 68k

Xiaomi redmi note 5, , Gold, 3/32gb
with accessories…. 63k (global version 66k)

XIAOMI REDMI 5 PLUS SERIES
Xiaomi redmi 5 plus 4/64, Gold with accessories… 66k (Black 69k)

Xiaomi redmi 5 plus 3/32gb Gold with accessories…..57k (Black 60k)

MI band 3 available @11k if bought with phone, 14k if bought alone.
Call or watsapp on 08062907289 for purchase

AliExpress order placement available

Face to face delivery for those in Port Harcourt, Delivery to Lagos, Abuja, Akure, Calabar, Onitsha, Enugu, Agbor, Bayelsa within 24 hours.

360 DEGREE CASE AND 5D TEMPERED GLASS FOR REDMI NOTE 5 and REDMI 5 PLUS

2 pieces of redmi note 5/redmi 5 PLUS 5D tempered glass =850 naira per piece

2 pieces of 360 degree case for redmi note 5/redmi 5 plus =1600 naira per piece

10 pieces of normal screen protector =600 naira per piece

10 pieces of 360 degree case =900 naira per piece. [/b]

Call or watsapp on 08062907289 for purchase
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 10:08am On Aug 11, 2018
lanre316:

WHAT! Just for light bulb. That amount will get me a small Xiaomi powerbank.

Xiaomi should reason their price for this LED bulb well na.
check aliexpress na b4 u arrive at a conclusion... If d bulb is d xiaomi yeelight led bulb, 8k is a nice deal from macbeyland cauz d bulb retails around dt 20 dollar mark
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 10:09am On Aug 11, 2018
macbeyland:

You can check the price on aliexpress. It's even more expensive than 8k for shipping and buying.

Trust me, the price is worth it. The bulb doesn't look cheap at all. It has built in wifi functionality. The weight alone and the material build speak for the quality of the item.
funny... Na as i post my earlier comment finish na im i c dis ya post

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lanre316: 10:17am On Aug 11, 2018
gidieberry:
check aliexpress na b4 u arrive at a conclusion... If d bulb is d xiaomi yeelight led bulb, 8k is a nice deal from macbeyland cauz d bulb retails around dt 20 dollar mark

I said Xiaomi should reason the price. I never said macbeyland price is not a good deal.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lanre316: 10:23am On Aug 11, 2018
macbeyland:

Okay.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 10:26am On Aug 11, 2018
lanre316:

I said Xiaomi should reason the price. I never said macbeyland price is not a good deal.
d price is very okay..mayb this is ya first exposure to smart led bulbs, check Philips LED bulbs alone nt even smart led bulbs n u will undstand...
U can as well check banggood.com as they have a nice collections of smart led bulbs also.. Smart led bulbs na dope thin n d price is worth it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lanre316: 10:28am On Aug 11, 2018
gidieberry:
d price is very okay..mayb this is ya first exposure to smart led bulbs, check Philips LED bulbs alone nt even smart led bulbs n u will undstand

Okay. Noted
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kalamu2018(f): 10:30am On Aug 11, 2018
busuyi44:
Hybrid sim adapters (Nano sims support) for those that want to use two sims and SD card together in Redmi Note 5, Redmi 5 Plus, Redmi Note 4 etc

Beautiful

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kalamu2018(f): 10:31am On Aug 11, 2018
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olak4gold(m): 10:44am On Aug 11, 2018
lanre316:

The day I held One plus 6 side by side with Redmi Note 5 is the day I recognise the superiority of AMOLED displays. Nothing compares to the best. Good is good, better is better, but the best is not comparable to the rest. AMOLED display is the BEST! No wonder Samsung phones has always been the champion phones.

In fact you've said it all bro. Samsung was my daily driver before I changed to Honor and now Xiaomi. Amoled display is simply the best.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Profcamsey(m): 11:07am On Aug 11, 2018
Gptech:

Redmi 4 prime?
No. Generally. I lost your contact.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Profcamsey(m): 11:10am On Aug 11, 2018
Can I use payoneer on AliExpress and Banggood?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jinbility: 11:21am On Aug 11, 2018
Profcamsey:
Can I use payoneer on AliExpress and Banggood?

yes of course
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mackie1(m): 11:33am On Aug 11, 2018
olanreyman:

Bro we waiting to have you join the max 2 team soon cheesy. You will not regret the device, all games will run smoothly and you will have battery that will make you not to worry you are playing online games. That's why I will choose the max 2 over note 5 anytime
grin I can't wait too
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pharmtasy(m): 12:04pm On Aug 11, 2018
Malevonent:

yeah, glo is the only naija telecom with an undersea data cable linking naija to europe.
glo data was even cheaper, till the other telecoms screamed blue murder, about unfair competition n all what not, n yeye ncc listened to them, glo then reduced their data sad sad sad
Sometimes i don't understand this NCC
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 12:25pm On Aug 11, 2018
lanre316:

You do realise the cost of the One Plus 6 can buy 4 units of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 right? By the way who told you Xiaomi doesn't have phones with amoled screens?
If you want premium Xiaomi phones then put hand deep in your pocket & get a Mi high-end phone like the Mi Mix 2s or Mi 8 EE then come & do the comparison again
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by donpichie: 12:28pm On Aug 11, 2018
pharmtasy:

Sometimes i don't understand this NCC

Glo na snail tins, it's no wonder they can't charge a premium. They need to fix their speed or no one will pay anything extra for their data.

Shikena!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 12:41pm On Aug 11, 2018
donpichie:

Glo na snail tins, it's no wonder they can't charge a premium. They need to fix their speed or no one will pay anything extra for their data.

Shikena!

When last did you use glo sir, i will advise you try it again if it has been a while, my area was experiencing same snail speed until MTN decided to join the bad gang not up to 2 months ago i decided to try glo and it was blazing i was shocked now Mtn don correct their craze both are blazing but i don't onow which one to drop for the other

The only thing left now is to have it blazing 24 hours of the day, that's why I'm thinking of glo 4g but don't want to invest that much on wifi if it won't
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lanre316: 12:45pm On Aug 11, 2018
2kurupt:

You do realise the cost of the One Plus 6 can buy 4 units of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 right? By the way who told you Xiaomi doesn't have phones with amoled screens?
If you want premium Xiaomi phones then put hand deep in your pocket & get a Mi high-end phone like the Mi Mix 2s or Mi 8 EE then come & do the comparison again

I would have said exact same thing I said if I had the chance to hold MI Mix 2s side by side with Redmi Note 5

Bros, if you read my points very well you will see that the comparison is not between brands of One plus and Xiaomi BUT screen display technology of AMOLED and non-AMOLED.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 12:49pm On Aug 11, 2018
lanre316:

I would have said exact same thing I said if I had the chance to hold MI Mix 2s side by side with Redmi Note 5

Bros, if you read my points very well you will see that the comparison is not between brands of One plus and Xiaomi BUT screen display technology of AMOLED and non-AMOLED.

Then why the comparison between the OP6 & RN5? The different types of screen technologies have their advantages & disadvantages.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lanre316: 12:51pm On Aug 11, 2018
2kurupt:

Then why the comparison between the OP6 & RN5? The different types of screen technologies have their advantages & disadvantages.

Those are the two I had the chance to hold side by side.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 1:22pm On Aug 11, 2018
busuyi44:
So many people are rocking it.. Don't be left out. grin cheesy grin Cc: eleojo23 morning boss
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder....
Good afternoon.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 2:22pm On Aug 11, 2018
eleojo23:

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder....

Good afternoon.

Wait, are people using it for the beauty it adds tho?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:23pm On Aug 11, 2018
certifiedfool:
Thanks... I've installed d update... But d battery life is a bit poor...Any I dea how to improve it

You updated through OTA or manual?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jecyangel(f): 2:23pm On Aug 11, 2018
lavenderjade:

And am stil telling u note 4 ai 4gb 64gb is 62k..shikeena

D fone don over cheap now...

Imagine and i bought mine at 82k
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 2:30pm On Aug 11, 2018
2kurupt:

True! Whoever wants to know should research the difference between the 2.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 2:37pm On Aug 11, 2018
henry007:

Nope Someone said it was ugly hence that statement.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 2:37pm On Aug 11, 2018
henry007:

Nope Someone said it was ugly hence that statement.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Maybachmeeky: 2:42pm On Aug 11, 2018
finecheek12:
sorry about this, I bought my Note 5 from eternal store and i received it in Abuja in 12days,why not chat with the seller she is friendly and has good communication.

Thank you.

I tried but was met with a bot. Only got a reply to an earlier message when i applied to extend the closing date for the order, which was successful. Seriously considering opening up a dispute. The stress...

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 2:45pm On Aug 11, 2018
Jecyangel:

Imagine and i bought mine at 82k

That was the price at the time you bought. Also, was it global rom or global version you bought?

You can't get global version anywhere at that price.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3320) (3321) (3322) (3323) (3324) (3325) (3326) ... (9329) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.