Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,725 members, 7,851,484 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:29 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (3403) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9420765 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3400) (3401) (3402) (3403) (3404) (3405) (3406) ... (9329) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bigtt76(f): 10:56am On Aug 25, 2018
Ok thanks.

sacramento1212:

Why not order the Taiwanese version from amazon? They have it there and it only cost $229.89 and while shipping is $10. Which is just #76,764.8. Contact justi4jesu and she will arrange the order for you. The colour is Black but the Gold colour is Cheaper than that. It's the SH Taiwanese version and it supports band 28.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 10:56am On Aug 25, 2018
macbeyland:

Lolzz. Just try jump wella o. Be careful how you land too.
landing wey Don safe.
U still dey air tho, beware of birdstrike o. It fails engine most times grin
Happy landing cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 10:57am On Aug 25, 2018
cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 10:57am On Aug 25, 2018
henry007:

Nokia released a bunch of MTK recently too. I don't think you know what time it is.
I jump over this comment also.... grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 10:57am On Aug 25, 2018
Protein0:

1. This is very wrong ma
2. The modification(flashing global Rom) isn't to make it adaptable to some part of the world where it wouldn't have been used ordinarily. With or without the modification (global Rom flashing), it will work where its network bands are supported and won't work where the bands aren't supported. Rom changing isn't an hardware thingy and as such has nothing to do with its usability in Nigeria. People use Chinese versions with the Chinese Rom smoothly here in Nigeria. I use it too.
3. Usability anywhere depends on the network bands in the region where it is to be used.

Afaik, redmi note 5AI has 3 variants
1. Chinese Version: has 10 4G bands. It has bands 34, 39 and 41 which the other two versions don't have
2. Global version: has 9 4G bands. It has bands 4 and 20 which the Chinese version don't have
3. Taiwan version: has 11 4G bands. It has bands 2, 4,20,28 which the Chinese version don't have.

In summary, global version has bands 4 and 20 instead of bands 34,39 and 41 in Chinese version and the Taiwanese version has bands 2 and 28 in addition to the bands of the global version.

This submission became imperative with the various questions dropping in my inbox on usabilities in the US based on the quoted post. I hope others can sip too. kiss
Buyers who intend to use their devices outside the shores of Naija should find out the bands in their oversea destinations and choose version appropriately.

For Nigerian 4G networks,
MTN uses band 7 & 20
GLO is band 28
9mobile and airtel are band 3
NTEL is band 3 and 8
SMILE Is band 20
SPECTRANET & SWIFT are band 40

Having highlighted the above, the useful 4G bands in Nigeria (for now Sha) are 6 (bands 3,7,8,20,28 and 40).
Taiwanese version supports 6(ALL)
Global version supports 5 (all but GLO)
Chinese version supports 4(all but GLO and SMILE)

For those willing to use it outside naija
Buy the Chinese version if your destination requires bands 34, 39 or 41
Buy global version if your destination requires bands 4 or 20
Buy Taiwanese version if your destination requires bands 2,4,
20 or 28

Kindly note that these are just 4G bands and have nothing to do with 2G or 3G networks. 2G and 3G of all networks in Nigeria works on all the 3 versions

all versions are available. Chinese and global versions on aliexpress, gearbest and other Chinese sources where most touts source from and the Taiwanese version is on amazon kiss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 10:57am On Aug 25, 2018
demsid:
Hello ma ppl. Finally joined the Xiaomi family after these years of fasting and prayer. This beast is the sweetest. If you are not using mi 8, my brother, my brother, you are seriously missing. At least buy redmi 6pro. These phones are sweet. I feel like licking my mi 8 everytime I see it. Gosh
don't worry, we go soon Poco u wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by timilehing(m): 10:58am On Aug 25, 2018
Gptech:

That's photography na, when you move before taking a pics it means you are moving out of focus, image will be blurred. It's like you trying to read the letters on a very shaky billboard, can you? grin.
Not like that. I can't snap a working fan, the image will be blur. It wasn't like that with my previous phones

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 10:58am On Aug 25, 2018
Ifedith:

I jump over this comment also.... grin grin grin

smiley wink smiley wink

Nice jump
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seunfly: 11:03am On Aug 25, 2018
noobody:

Lool, na today? Better buy what you can afford and what you need,if u wan deu count products,u go taya bros

Anyway I will go for poco, my intension was max 3 6gb version which is around 120k but poco f1 will also fall within the same.

Abeg Noobody, protien0 or any seller here should kindly notify me once this poco hit market.
Abeg I need to change my phone b4 ending of September.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 11:07am On Aug 25, 2018
seunfly:

Anyway I will go for poco, my intension was max 3 6gb version which is around 120k but poco f1 will also fall within the same.

Abeg Noobody, protienO or any seller here should kindly notify me once this poco hit market.
Abeg I need to change my phone b4 ending of September.

Surely u wud be notified with a very sweet unboxing,watch out grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seunfly: 11:09am On Aug 25, 2018
noobody:

Surely u wud be notified with a very sweet unboxing,watch out grin

What price are u looking at buddy?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 11:11am On Aug 25, 2018
seunfly:

What price are u looking at buddy?

Ler it launch in china first buddy smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 11:28am On Aug 25, 2018
Brand new Xiaomi
Redmi 5a 2gb 16gb.... 31k(gold)
Redmi 5 plus 3gb 32gb.... 55800(black) 55200(gold)
Redmi note 5 4gb 64gb.... 70k(gold)
Xiaomi mi max 2 4gb 64gb... 83k(gold)
Payment on delivery available
Next day free delivery within Lagos.
070three1080two87
Check my signature.
Xiaomi mi a2... 64gb 4gb... 87100... Black or blue
Xiaomi black shark... 6gb 64gb... 194500.
Xiaomi mi 8....6gb 128gb...184300... Any color
Xiaomi mi max 3 4gb 64gb... 106400
Xiaomi mi 8 se... 4gb 64gb... 117800
Xiaomi mi pad 4...4gb 64gb... 96940
Xiaomi mi mix 2s....6gb 64gb... 174100
No custom issues... cool

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:29am On Aug 25, 2018
spartacus11:
Please ohhh how do i stop this

E be like say e dey jboixxx compilation
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 11:29am On Aug 25, 2018
timilehing:
Not like that. I can't snap a working fan, the image will be blur. It wasn't like that with my previous phones

This is a pix of me moving my index finger while trying to keep others steady. In one of the pix, I moved the finger slowly while the others, I moved it very rapidly.

I'm not sure you can get any phone that can take pix of a moving fan, like you said, and the blades will be visible. There are advanced photography camera that are specifically made for motion photography with high FPS. you can't get those on a mobile phone.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:29am On Aug 25, 2018
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 11:30am On Aug 25, 2018
GrandMufti:

E be like say e dey jboixxx compilation
ok
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 11:32am On Aug 25, 2018
henry007:

Nokia, Oppo and Vivo released a bunch of MTK recently too. I don't think you know what time it is.

Soon you will. It takes some people extra time to accept new trends. Kinda like the Notch
Come force me na.... grin grin grin grin.... Imagine mtk as trends.... Irony..... grin grin grin grin
Oga, mtk isn't in my league of phones. cool I'd rather use iPhone than use mtk... cool

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 11:35am On Aug 25, 2018
Hmmmmm. So tout advert don dey disappear from page mysteriously?

... Blood of Zachariah.

Cabal abeg make una give me form o. I wan join the elite club.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 11:41am On Aug 25, 2018
Ifedith:

Come force me na.... grin grin grin grin.... Imagine mtk as trends.... Irony..... grin grin grin grin
Oga, mtk isn't in my league of phones. cool I'd rather use iPhone than use mtk... cool
I'm in the same boat as you jare.
Mtk kor, jjk ni grin

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 25, 2018
Protein0:
alagbara ni Oluwa wa o cool

grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 11:42am On Aug 25, 2018
Protein0:
it's very simple.
There are two broad versions: global version and non global versions
Non global versions are Chinese version and Taiwanese version.
Taiwanese version isn't global version, is it?
The nomenclature isn't clumsy na. wink
make people just free that guy abegi... Make he sa no jump into canal
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 11:43am On Aug 25, 2018
Doctuur:

grin
I'm sorry ustaz cry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olarrtt: 11:44am On Aug 25, 2018
noobody:

Cc @tobtex he is a pro on ebay stuff
Cheers
please how do I contact him
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 11:47am On Aug 25, 2018
Protein0:
don't worry, we go soon Poco u wink
poco f1 will not b released in china but will experience a global release... I sure say global release price will not b similiar to indian price tag cauz no avenue for flash sales in global market.. We go see small price hike sa
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 11:50am On Aug 25, 2018
For guys wey wan use flagship killer and u aint a modding/tweaking freak... Try Huawei honor play, fone is dope better dan mi 8 se

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by demsid(m): 11:50am On Aug 25, 2018
Gptech:

Enjoy and stop this intimidation. Watch out, Poco is threatening you and your beast already grin, welcome to the family.
Gptech, protein0 my oga dem what's Poco. I've been away from this thread for long . what's poco
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 11:52am On Aug 25, 2018
gidieberry:
poco f1 will not b released in china but will experience a global release... I sure say global release price will not b similiar to indian price tag cauz no avenue for flash sales in global market.. We go see small price hike sa
it'll be in HK sir, relatively accessible to mainland where value for money is sacrosanct. Once there is global release, the rest is story cheesy
Even if there is not global release, which isn't possible, we will control am enter from India undecided
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 11:52am On Aug 25, 2018
gidieberry:

As long e launch in hongkong,we are getting it. grin

And i repeat watch out for the unboxing grin

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 11:53am On Aug 25, 2018
demsid:
Gptech, protein0 my oga dem what's Poco. I've been away from this thread for long . what's poco
Poco is the next best thing in town fa.
Dem flagshippers, we go Poco dem cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (3400) (3401) (3402) (3403) (3404) (3405) (3406) ... (9329) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: vin12(m), suffy834(m), Merrybells(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.