Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,236 members, 7,829,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9294749 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4099) (4100) (4101) (4102) (4103) (4104) (4105) ... (9322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bigtt76(f): 7:23pm On Dec 16, 2018
Yea mine came on at about 11am I didn't subscribe because they said I wasn't entitled to the wawu package undecided make God help dem if na pay as you go browsing de happen so cheesy cheesy cheesy

henry007:

Mine started working 4 hours ago. Weekly that i did on Thursday
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 16, 2018
mrsdaniel:

Ok thanks a lot, is my 8 lite a good buy if I may ask ?

It's an excellent buy. And it has the much sought-after 4G band 28. cool

If you can extend the budget a little more, the Pocophone is better value for money.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 7:26pm On Dec 16, 2018
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 32gb BLACK global rom currently available @60k per piece.

Xaiomi Mi max 3 4/64gb Black available @
93k per piece.

Xiaomi Amazfit Bip Chinese version available @25k per piece.

Xiaomi 2c 20,000mah power bank available @10k per piece

[b]Freebies on all phones include
2 tempered glass
1 360 degree case
1 earpiece
1 32gb memory card for 64gb phone and 16gb memory card for 32gb phone.
1 extra original Xiaomi micro USB cable, for old customers....

High quality SanDisk memory card available on bulk purchase of 10 pieces minimum
8gb SanDisk =N1350
16gb SanDisk N1450
32gb SanDisk N1700
One year warranty on all memory cards.

Mixza Tohaoll Micro SD card available @ 1600 for 16gb, 1500 for 8gb. All bulk purchase of 10 pieces minimum.

Single piece cost 3500 for 32gb, 2700 for 16gb.

360 degree case and 5D glass protectors available for redmi note 5, redmi 5 plus, mi a2 lite and mi max 3 @800 naira/piece for 5D glass and 1400 naira/ piece for 360 degree case

Call or watsapp on 08062907289
https:///send?phone=2348062907289
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 7:27pm On Dec 16, 2018
bigtt76:
Yea mine came on at about 11am I didn't subscribe because they said I wasn't entitled to the wawu package undecided make God help dem if na pay as you go browsing de happen so cheesy cheesy cheesy

Abeg inform us if your browsing stops
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 7:37pm On Dec 16, 2018
bigtt76:
cheesy cheesy cheesy hmm na another story we for de hear now o cheesy cheesy cheesy
lol cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 7:39pm On Dec 16, 2018
nwaobitex:
*runs to check identity*
monitoring spirit smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thayay(m): 7:48pm On Dec 16, 2018
MeshachMARTINS:
No offense ooo ...but how? grin
lol bro, you won't understand
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 7:48pm On Dec 16, 2018
scotweezy:

I would advise you use the fastboot route, why? A lot of shit could happen since you're moving not just from a major android version to another but also MiUi versions.
And I noticed something on a new redmi 5 plus I helped updated a few days ago.
First and foremost, I unlocked the bootloader(had to wait for 72hrs before the bootloader unlocked) On booting to two different custom recoveries(orange fox and official TWRP), the screen failed to respond to touch, Infact! It failed to respond at all on the orange fox recovery whereas it did an "on & off" on the TWRP.
I did a lot of back and forth and even ended up bootlooping on one occasion and eventually soft-bricking the device. I was lucky the phone was still booting back to fastboot which afforded me the opportunity to rectify the soft-bricked state the phone was in, by downloading the Fastboot rom and flashing with the Miflash tool.

Summary: If data is not an issue, save yourself the imminent occurrence of soft-bricking by downloading the fastboot rom of the latest update and flashing through MiFlash tool.

Note: If you're reading this and you're planning to use the official custom TWRP recovery, kindly download the "Lazy flasher Dm verity.zip" This file should be flashed before rebooting into system, in order to ensure your device doesn't bootloop immediately you're done in the recovery. Failure on my own part to flash that zip apparently caused the bootloop I faced. Also, don't forget to disable any form of encryption on your device before flashing any recovery.

The above was just my experience on the Redmi 5 plus, It was mostly smooth sailing with my Redmi Note 4 Global. Though some of the points above should be taken into consideration whilst planning a journey of Xiaomi flashing cheesy
the screen panel is mostly responsible for the twrp touch issues on xiaomi phones
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bigtt76(f): 7:48pm On Dec 16, 2018
Sure

macbeyland:

Abeg inform us if your browsing stops
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thayay(m): 7:50pm On Dec 16, 2018
ProFuhrer:
Where and how much did you order the screen guard?
I ordered it on aliexpress the very day i ordered the phone. I've since gotten the phone on Tuesday, but I'm yet to get the screen guard

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 7:51pm On Dec 16, 2018
Lavoca:
I already have orange fox recovery installed which I intend to use but how do I disable data encryption? Device is also rooted

Cc scotweezy
the last time I checked, no oreo miui 10 for r5plus (Chinese rom) , dunno of now though. It's better to use fastboot rom (global rom) to avoid cust (region) issues as someone also suggested earlier on. While using fastboot, do not select the lock bootloader option sha
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 8:02pm On Dec 16, 2018
acekid109:
the last time I checked, no oreo miui 10 for r5plus, dunno of now though. It's better to use fastboot to avoid cust (region) issues as someone also suggested earlier on. While using fastboot, do not select the lock bootloader option sha

The app even selects it by default.....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 8:02pm On Dec 16, 2018
ProFuhrer:
Do you know any legit guy that can pay the dollar while I transfer to them?

Call/whatsapp:07051054953,08100115319

Cheers
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ProFuhrer: 8:06pm On Dec 16, 2018
Thayay:
I ordered it on aliexpress the very day i ordered the phone. I've since gotten the phone on Tuesday, but I'm yet to get the screen guard
Did you also order the phone via free shipping?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 8:07pm On Dec 16, 2018
macbeyland:

The app even selects it by default.....
na y i dey even lay emphasis on it, to avoid stories cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ElvisMcCoy(m): 8:23pm On Dec 16, 2018
I guess not. grin

ProFuhrer:
Did you also order the phone via free shipping?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mrsdaniel: 8:39pm On Dec 16, 2018
genius43:

Pocophone

Wow !

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mrsdaniel: 8:42pm On Dec 16, 2018
Biscari:

It's an excellent buy. And it has the much sought-after 4G band 28. cool

If you can extend the budget a little more, the Pocophone is better value for money.

Am intrigued!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 8:52pm On Dec 16, 2018
mrsdaniel:

Am intrigued! Pocophone knocking at my door soon .. Hoping price reduces a bit very soon smiley
Buy my own too Oooo grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 8:57pm On Dec 16, 2018
Suarez190:
The kind of Sound this Redmi note 6 pro is producing ehh. It can serve as Speakers for a wedding..
Suarez190 post=73904368:
Wedding? Don't remind me of the rice they dinnor give us o

if dis Note 6 pro is like dis pls hw will Mi8 be
mi 8 will serve as redeem camp speaker na

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yak(m): 9:00pm On Dec 16, 2018
Donclass:

Am only interested in the 6.2inches in note 6 pro as Game loverboi... interested person to swap my A2LITE 4ram+64rom Global version BLUE and I will be willing to pay for extra cost of 10k..... thanks to Mr. Nobody who will stand the gap to confirm mine since the carton was unbox to confirm that mine is clean and without stain

How much will u sell it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 9:02pm On Dec 16, 2018
bigtt76:
Sure

This one da ya happy like this today. .
Have oga credit your account? grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sunkyphil(m): 9:18pm On Dec 16, 2018
bigtt76:
Hmmm please share your thoughts prior to and after the sleeping on the phone. undecided

the phone went blank there was crack on the phone. Assuming there was screen protector on the phone it wouldn't have happened
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bigtt76(f): 9:26pm On Dec 16, 2018
Hmmm that was how my Samsung Note 2 without screen guard then fell devloped hairline crack and screen died. Took it to the Samsung service center only to hear the price of the screen equals the cost of infinix Note 2... I fell for it buh now I know better.... Never again Infinix or Tecno cheesy cheesy cheesy

Sunkyphil:
the phone went blank there was crack on the phone. Assuming there was screen protector on the phone it wouldn't have happened
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bigtt76(f): 9:28pm On Dec 16, 2018
Hahaha where have you been this guy? Some geh don kolobi you hide for house after jollofing your day eh? tongue hope u had a lovely day shaa

MeshachMARTINS:

This one da ya happy like this today. .
Have oga credit your account? grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by leksymaxy(m): 9:30pm On Dec 16, 2018
krattoss:
nigeria police has all it takes to be world class, but corruption and tribalism at the top won't allow them.
Infact Nigeria has all it takes to be a great nation, but corruption and tribalism seems to be a big cankerworm and hindrance to this dream.

Happy for ur recovered car. I innitialy told u u would see ur car after they must have operated with it on their mission but only a matter of when.
I guess no arrest was made?
. Sorry for not replying since i was so busy since morning, yes no arrest was made
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by leksymaxy(m): 9:33pm On Dec 16, 2018
optimised:

Thank God for the good news. This is the scriptural point of view.
Personal observations:-
1) Armed robbers stood confidently in front of Police station to rob with reckless abandon!!!!!
2.) Police later recovered the stolen vehicle with surprising amount of efficiency that same day!!!!!!
3.) Police demanded a hefty amount as recovery charge!!!!
4.) Connecting the dots from points 1 - 3 above, isn't it possible for the entire robbery and recovery arrangement be structured by our dear police - just with the aim of "recovering" it and earn reputation & cool cash as duly deserved gratification for the so called "spectacular job done"
**** I'm just thinking aloud o.
sir that is my thought too because this guys number up to seven with real firepower and no be locally made pistol and infact they rub with confidence as if no be infront of police Dem dey
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by leksymaxy(m): 9:34pm On Dec 16, 2018
fibonacci2526:
Congratulations leksymaxy, awesome news. E Ku owo lomi.
thank you ma, hope to see u here on saturday
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 9:35pm On Dec 16, 2018
bigtt76:
Hahaha where have you been this guy? Some geh don kolobi you hide for house after jollofing your day eh? tongue hope u had a lovely day shaa

D day sha..we thank God ooo. .
Wait...ehn... Which geh. ... But wait ooo do you have sister? grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sunkyphil(m): 9:37pm On Dec 16, 2018
bigtt76:
Hmmm that was how my Samsung Note 2 without screen guard then fell devloped hairline crack and screen died. Took it to the Samsung service center only to hear the price of the screen equals the cost of infinix Note 2... I fell for it buh now I know better.... Never again Infinix or Tecno cheesy cheesy cheesy

me too, i know better i can never use any mtk device again
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:37pm On Dec 16, 2018
bigtt76:
.... Never again Infinix or Tecno cheesy cheesy cheesy

Tried the latest Camon 12 Pro? cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CitySect1(m): 9:38pm On Dec 16, 2018
Please house, I need someone to give me a review on how long the battery of xiaomi 6a can last under very heavy usage (browsing, chatting, downloading etc). please help a brother ooooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (4099) (4100) (4101) (4102) (4103) (4104) (4105) ... (9322) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.