Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,744 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9361530 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4107) (4108) (4109) (4110) (4111) (4112) (4113) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 11:45am On Dec 18, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Looks dope if true, am more curious about the processor they will go with. My bet is on sd636.
according to TENNA listing, d processor was an unnamed 2.3Ghz octa core cpu, we can all guess dt
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 11:45am On Dec 18, 2018
gidieberry:
asin, dem no dey joke oo, real competition for xiaomi, Z5s, z5 pro (snap 855 variant) and s5 pro GT are all lit and price launch is insane as well..

Am more wary of their ZUI, acekid109 how is your k5 pro holding up?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 11:48am On Dec 18, 2018
fibonacci2526:

neva had experience of dt ZUI but according to reviews, it has better ram management..
Jus hate d fact dt dia products of late re limited to china release
But dt z5 pro GT edition is tempting
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 11:49am On Dec 18, 2018
Updated price list..

Express delivery of items(not limited to these)with freebies and a delivery time line of 7 working days available

Redmi note 5AI (4/64gb)---70k.....
Redmi note 5AI (3/32gb)---67k.....
Redmi note 6 pro (4/64gb)---80k...
Redmi note 6 pro (3/32gb)---70k......
Redmi 5 plus (3/32gb)----57k.........
Redmi 5 plus (4/64gb)---65k....

Alixpress deals(not limited to these)with freebies included..

Redmi note 5AI (4/64gb)---62k...
Redmi note 5AI (3/32gb)---56k....
Redmi note 6 pro (4/64gb)---73k..
Redmi note 6 pro (3/32gb)---64k....
Mi a2 lite (4/64gb)---- 58k
Mi a2 lite (3/32gb)---55k
Redmi 5 plus (3/32gb)----48k .
Redmi 5 plus (4/64gb)---57k..
Redmi 6 pro(4/64gb)--56k..
Redmi 6 pro(3/32gb)--49k..

kindly note that these prices are subjected to fluctuations as prices vary daily and timeline for delivery is within 3-4wks.
Alixpress checkout for other xiaomi models and accesories,like lcd replacement screens,batteries,cases,earphones etc.other Phone brands(Oukitel,OnePlus,Nokia,Oppo,Vivo,Bluboo,Umidigi,Homtomare readily available at "a cheaper $$$$ than your bank" rate.

Give us your links and we will check out quickly for you or trust us to find the best and cheapest deals for you......

Money back if your order does not arrive guaranteed✓✓✓.

Contact calls/whatsapp:07051054953,08100115319 now for all your sweet deals.........

Cheers

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pharmtasy(m): 11:55am On Dec 18, 2018
leksymaxy:
ok sir make i kuku go for sammy then, because work done pile up for me and na rugged phone fit do it.
Final answer is Note 9. You can never go wrong with it.
I hope I never shake this table too much
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 11:55am On Dec 18, 2018
Mizik:
Umidigi F1 cool

with zero support? Thank you, next.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 11:59am On Dec 18, 2018
fibonacci2526:

the k5 pro is quite good for the hardware part, the software side, miui is quite better, considering the fact that zui is a miui wannabe. Concerning ram management, it also kills ram in the background like miui. I'll stay away from zui next time though, grin i miss stock android. One positive thing is they release updates and they actually fix things with their updates, presently on November security update and auto brightness and speakers was fixed, unlike miui where u barely see difference in updates
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 12:02pm On Dec 18, 2018
Harvard13:
ok, so I came to tell my experience with sellers on this thread.

A few things first. I bought a redmi phone last week or so from someone on this thread.

first, it is very wrong to list items that you do not have in stock and say that you have them.
second, it is wrong to say that you can deliver something at a said date when you cant
third, it is wrong to give expectations that you can not meet
fourth, pride is a big no no

if you are here to air your grievances, the least you could do is mention the person's name. Your accusation is vague.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 12:03pm On Dec 18, 2018
gidieberry:
neva had experience of dt ZUI but according to reviews, it has better ram management..
miui dey try pass zui for features o and support self, not like zui is bad, but miui is still baba compared to it. It has aggressive power savings too by closing apps in background. If you don't whitelist app you have to open the apps to receive notifications, notifications is also disabled by default for new applications, u have to enable it one by one,basic things like gestures to tk screenshot is missing
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mizik(m): 12:04pm On Dec 18, 2018
fibonacci2526:

with zero support? Thank you, next.
i have gotten 3 updates already on my 29k Umidigi A3 phone wink cheesy
So there is a lot of support to go round don't u think?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 12:06pm On Dec 18, 2018
acekid109:
the k5 pro is quite good for the hardware part, the software side, miui is quite better, considering the fact that zui is a miui wannabe. Concerning ram management, it also kills ram in the background like miui. I'll stay away from zui next time though, grin i miss stock android. One positive thing is they release updates and they actually fix things with their updates, presently on November security update and auto brightness and speakers was fixed, unlike miui where u barely see difference in updates

lollll,miui wannabe. These chinkos and their need to have an "ios like" UI sef. grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 12:07pm On Dec 18, 2018
Mizik:
Umidigi F1 cool
anything umi and mediatek, na no no. My experience with umi iron pro no funny at all. To get screen na die, even replacement ba3 e no dey. All these happened less than 6 months of using the phone. Seems they are now better though
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mizik(m): 12:08pm On Dec 18, 2018
acekid109:
anything umi and mediatek, na no no. My experience with umi iron pro no funny at all. To get screen na die, even replacement ba3 e no dey. All these happened less than 6 months of using the phone. Seems they are now better though
They don't seem better Sir they're are much more better than b4 plus they now send regular Software updates!!
Cheers
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saintkenny(m): 12:08pm On Dec 18, 2018
henry007:

That sounds vague and inaccurate at the same time

Would you compare MALI G71 to Adreno 540 in terms of performance? It's like night and day.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 12:09pm On Dec 18, 2018
Mizik:
i have gotten 3 updates already on my 29k Umidigi A3 phone wink cheesy
So there is a lot of support to go round don't u think?

Support as in long term support? The answer is a big NO. People using redmi note 2/3 are still getting support from xiaomi.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 12:10pm On Dec 18, 2018
fibonacci2526:

lollll,miui wannabe. These chinkos and their need to have an "ios like" UI sef. grin grin
its too much, copy everything from ios, even the notch. Lenovo is always trying to be like xiaomi, even from their product teasers, and the phones dey releasing recently, they taking a lot of inspiration from xiaomi. I wish they release more phones internationally though, something like the vibe p2 with stock android for international users
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 12:11pm On Dec 18, 2018
Mizik:
They don't seem better Sir they're are much more better than b4 plus they noe send regular Software updates!!
Cheers
enjoy ur umi grin,
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saintkenny(m): 12:13pm On Dec 18, 2018
Mizik:
Umidigi one max
Umidigi is known for using a different image for promotion as compared to the real device.
Where's Oga @Lexusgs430 sef?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 12:19pm On Dec 18, 2018
acekid109:
its too much, copy everything from ios, even the notch. Lenovo is always trying to be like xiaomi, even from their product teasers, and the phones dey releasing recently, they taking a lot of inspiration from xiaomi. I wish they release more phones internationally though, something like the vibe p2 with stock android for international users

So many phones with good hardware but just limited to Chinese market. smartisan, 360 mobiles all have good hardware at a relatively cheaper prices(saw an sd660 device for under $145, with type c and all the bells and whistles) but that software thingy is just a complete turn off.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 12:20pm On Dec 18, 2018
saintkenny:

Umidigi is known for using a different image for promotion as compared to the real device.
Where's Oga Lexus sef?

lolllllll, these chinkos sef. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bily(m): 12:21pm On Dec 18, 2018
Maxcoded:
You know it's funny; during my third year at the Uni, one of our lecturers that teaches us Microprocessor came to lecture us one faithful day. As he entered, he made a call and when he finished, he was like; "this my phone too dey hang, does anyone know what might caused this? I'm tired" .... And I was like how will a lecturer that teaches microprocessor not know how all these stuffs works plus the fact that it's what you people lecture us on. You might wanna say he is just trying to test our knowledge in the field and I put it to you that it's a lie; he doesn't know jack sh*t about it, just pure theories. There was a particular time he messaged me on WhatsApp asking what might be wrong with his system having some blue stripes while the screen is OK. Told him it might be due to the processor having too much load on it in regards to its initial capacity that I also experienced something of such with my PC a while back. He had to take it to a PC technician before he could fix it and am sure the guy will Gallantly charge him well for something that can be easily fixed in his closet.

Till now, I still cant figure the usefulness of the entire 4yrs I have used in the university studying Mechatronics Engineering.

Now the point with my long epistle is that How on earth will a lecturer that teaches microprocessor not know basic and practical knowledge about how processors works? Its such a shame you know...

I know this is off topic a little, but it's that issue of Krin and Snapdragon argument this morning that made me remember the incident.

You don't need to wonder about Henry's case. He has told us many times that he is not always right when it comes you his Tech assertions.
So just take whatever he says with a pinch of salt

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 12:21pm On Dec 18, 2018
gidieberry:

I see so many "global version" of their phones on AliExpress, na shop ROM be that?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 12:22pm On Dec 18, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Looks dope if true, am more curious about the processor they will go with. My bet is on sd636.
Xiaomi looking at you with side eye like:"what should we now do with the remaining stock of SD625 we have?" angry

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 12:22pm On Dec 18, 2018
acekid109:
you said nothing about mtk
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Maxcoded: 12:24pm On Dec 18, 2018
bily:

You don't need to wonder about Henry's case. He has told us many times that he is not always right when it comes you his Tech assertions.
So just take whatever he says with a pinch of salt

Egbami, me am not saying he is right or wrong o; wetin concern me

Just telling a very interesting story
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 12:25pm On Dec 18, 2018
scotweezy:

Xiaomi looking at you with side eye like:"what should we now do with the remaining stock of SD625 we have?" angry

Haaa, they should just donate the remain stock of sd625 to charity biko. SD625 will be a big NO.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saintkenny(m): 12:40pm On Dec 18, 2018
It apyas like SD 855 is set to kick ass.
Though, we've heard of how some OEMs cheat at benchmark scores.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 12:41pm On Dec 18, 2018
IKON360:

you said nothing about mtk
personally, i don't like mtk, I've also had a bad previous experience with umi. The phone quoted is both umi n uses mtk processor. Hope you get the correlation now
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 12:44pm On Dec 18, 2018
fibonacci2526:

I see so many "global version" of their phones on AliExpress, na shop ROM be that?
confirm shop rom. If you go buy Lenovo zui phones, it has only Chinese roms with English language. Getting the real rom self is hard, you gats use their forum n translate to English.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:46pm On Dec 18, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Haaa, they should just donate the remain stock of sd625 to charity biko. SD625 will be a big NO.

Transsion Holdings would appreciate that kind gesture

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 12:47pm On Dec 18, 2018
genius43:

Transsion Holdings would appreciate that kind gesture
there users will be so happy, they'll start saying the sd625 on their phones is better than 636 on xiaomi phones grin

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4107) (4108) (4109) (4110) (4111) (4112) (4113) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.