Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,526 members, 7,823,285 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9250269 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4283) (4284) (4285) (4286) (4287) (4288) (4289) ... (9319) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MilesLamar(m): 7:19am On Jan 15, 2019
Babaty87:
Which tampered glass go work for redmi note 4?

Carry am go any accessories shop, them go find tempered glass wey go fit in
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by franzis(m): 7:31am On Jan 15, 2019
Comparison

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lkj20: 7:49am On Jan 15, 2019
Babaty87:
Which tampered glass go work for redmi note 4?
I have for sell
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 7:51am On Jan 15, 2019
franzis:
Comparison

Lenovo's poor marketing strategy would be the death of them.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bashmantech: 7:51am On Jan 15, 2019
Lkj20:
I have for sell

How much??

Location??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jonesemmy: 7:56am On Jan 15, 2019
Ifedith:

The UI isn't harsh anything... Why on earth will you open 15 apps down? Even if it refreshes, i don't think there's anything bad about that
8f u want certain apps to never refresh, u can lock dem to the ram so it doesn't refresh when the system suspects idleness or overload in the ram.

I tend to use 4 or more apps synchronously.
and, I came across a thread (My experience with xiaomi redmynote 5 by greenhulk),where he(and others)seem to complain about multitasking on MIUI among other things...
P.S. I don't like to the flashing of ROM thingy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by flexerking(m): 8:01am On Jan 15, 2019
franzis:
Comparison
lenovo sha for a phone with 3 cameras there is no stabilization even eis self undecided
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lkj20: 8:09am On Jan 15, 2019
Bashmantech:

How much??

Location??
1k, Oyo State. But can be sent to your location
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by calddon(m): 8:18am On Jan 15, 2019
Jonesemmy:

I tend to use 4 or more apps synchronously.
and, I came across a thread (My experience with xiaomi redmynote 5 by calddon),where he(and others)seem to complain about multitasking on MIUI among other things...
P.S. I don't like to the flashing of ROM thingy
Please I didn't open the thread and read my comments carefully to understand my position.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by meshachdbuzz(m): 8:21am On Jan 15, 2019
franzis:
Comparison
25 to 30k difference
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TheBoy1740: 8:26am On Jan 15, 2019
Slazim:

Folks keep saying it's a $150 phone but the cheapest I have seen on AE is $203.

Na AE sellers dey do that one, they do it for any new phone weda Huawei or Xiaomi. With time the price will be normal.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TheBoy1740: 8:30am On Jan 15, 2019
Gptech:

Hehehehe, your own case, u use am take block bullet grin.

grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Psychodavidovic(m): 8:33am On Jan 15, 2019
Meanwhile.. grin

9 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 8:34am On Jan 15, 2019
spartacus11:

Uyo people,make una dash me wife na grin grin
Come to Uyo and look for wife by yourself, but search carefully o, the way offers of sex fly around Uyo is scary

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 8:35am On Jan 15, 2019
Israellionel:

Omo Bros,
I Been Do Strong Head Sey I Wan Go School That Time And My Parents Didn't Want Me To Go,
The Next Day,
ASUU Start.
Them Come Tell Me Sey Since I No Dey Hear Word Make I Kukuma Stay Uyo.

Guy I Just Tire.
lol, your parents are legit!! My father will sharp sharp send me TP to come back
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jonesemmy: 8:51am On Jan 15, 2019
Ifedith:

The UI isn't harsh anything... Why on earth will you open 15 apps down? Even if it refreshes, i don't think there's anything bad about that
8f u want certain apps to never refresh, u can lock dem to the ram so it doesn't refresh when the system suspects idleness or overload in the ram.
You lose data and information when an app is refreshed.e.g online survey progress would be lost once the survey app is refreshed.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Born2conquer: 8:53am On Jan 15, 2019
macbeyland:

Jesu! Can your watsapp be as busy as mine with messages from both individuals and groups.. Kai very soon we would hear that xiaomi can't handle phone calls and text messages..

This fictional xiaomi bugs don dey plenty wella
No be fight bro, this is something i'm using!

Do you have 5000contacts on your phone?
Do you have 2000views per post?
Are you in over 200groups?

Do you have over 700 active chats daily?

If NO.. then don't condemn what you don't know.

Xiaomi is my favorite phone but it just doesn't handle my whatsapp well..

It crashes every time
It hangs for over 30minutes whenever I upload a new status
And i have to wipe the whatsapp data off frequently for me Tk be able to operate it.

As at now!.. the redmi note 5 I am using can't handle my whatsapp.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Born2conquer: 8:54am On Jan 15, 2019
henry007:

Lol nah, it only feels that way coz a couple of people have had whatsapp issues(since they said we should not call it bugs) on this thread or maybe coz it's a common issue in mi forums and YouTube. Still can't generalize tho.
Mine is steady steady!!

I cantt operate my whatsapp efficiently at all
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Born2conquer: 8:55am On Jan 15, 2019
CuteMaro:

Where is this assertion coming from?
I have never experienced any issues with my WhatsApp. Like someone rightly pointed out, it could be exclusive to devices running on pie coz right here on Oreo I haven't seen that WhatsApp bug.

Assertion coming from my present experience.

My whatsapp is heavy though, so it's understandable
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 8:56am On Jan 15, 2019
Born2conquer:

If NO.. then don't condemn what you don't know.

Xiaomi is my favorite phone but it just doesn't handle my whatsapp well..

It crashes every time
And i have to wipe the whatsapp data off frequently for me Tk be able to operate it.

700 what? Obara jixox shocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Born2conquer: 9:00am On Jan 15, 2019
Trex4:
Wrong Bro.. ...You and Your Cohorts Are Different From the Illustration You Gave There. In This Thread Called "The Xiaomi Thread", There are people who help out with bugs and problems like Gp tech Grand mufti and madame Fibonacci. There's others but they've helped me out a lot even when I ask dumb questions. People here Identify MIUI bugs and seek solutions which we try to Help out. Heck there's even a tweaking thread for those who want to tune their phones. Even the sellers like Ife and protein try to apply their knowledge dealing with phones to our problems.

But then there are people who just shoot down Xiaomi. Someone said that MIUI is the worst how do you want us to answer that??Your friend said that Xiaomi can't carry heavy whatsapp How can we answer that? If someone that has been using Xiaomi for about 2 Years is still complaining About MiUI Then my logical reasoning(which I agree many people share) would Suggest that he switches to a more bug less phone or unlock the bootloader(which xiaomi gives us, something other developers don't) and flash a nice rom. Xiaomi also has stock Android phones, which other Smartphone developers ignore.

Imagine in those forums if I just start blabbing how iPhone lags as hell or how IOS is the worst that it doesn't have a file explorer do you think the Fanboys And girls there would be happy? That's how you always come here to drop bugs about the pocophone as If here is The forum for Xiaomi mi analysis.

Funny how people attribute the drop-down bar having sensitive options to MIUI. But it's also on Stock and other phones. If you're scared about Someone switching on your hot-spot At least lock your Wi-Fi. Someone asked what if he has your Wi-Fi password lol... .someone who has your Wi-Fi password can as well have your real password.

So bro just calm down and take a bottle of Limca. Xiaomi is on a winning streak, and we're on that train. Don't know about you and your guy's.
Who said anything about Bug with whatsapp..

Jumping into conclusion..

I've been using a xiaomi phone since 2017..

I've not seen one that can handle my whatssapp efficiently.

So, this ain't anything against or negative Na just wetin I dey experience daily for my phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Born2conquer: 9:01am On Jan 15, 2019
henry007:

700 what? Obara jixox shocked
I do wipe it off daily and before the end of the day, it's on over 700 active chats ..

I just which the note 7 will be able to handle it or else..I will have to move to Xs max
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Psychodavidovic(m): 9:11am On Jan 15, 2019
Born2conquer:

I do wipe it off daily and before the end of the day, it's on over 700 active chats ..

I just which the note 7 will be able to handle it or else..I will have to move to Xs max

You sure say Xs Mas go fit handle am ? grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:11am On Jan 15, 2019
Born2conquer:

It crashes every time

1. The 500 contacts are either stored in your phone's memory or Google contacts. You only give whatsapp permission to access it.

2. When 200 people view your post, the picture or video in that post is stored in a temporary folder in their phone, how does that make your phone hang?

3. Being in over 2 million groups has no effect on the app itself.

Surely whatsapp can't be heavier than snapchat, Facebook or Instagram.

Screenshot the about section of your phone

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Maxcoded: 9:15am On Jan 15, 2019
gidieberry:
bros.. When u buy airtel sim last, sey dem still dey dash dt 4.5gb for newly purchased 4g sim

cc: okooloyun1

Yes, if it's the 4G sim you bought
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:20am On Jan 15, 2019
Psychodavidovic:
Meanwhile.. grin

Despite all the bugs?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Maxcoded: 9:26am On Jan 15, 2019
Psychodavidovic:
Meanwhile.. grin

No be lie o

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nwaobitex: 9:27am On Jan 15, 2019
GrandMufti:

Despite all the bugs?
which bugs
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Psychodavidovic(m): 9:27am On Jan 15, 2019
GrandMufti:

Despite all the bugs?

Aswear, the thing weak me o.

People too like the bugs. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 9:28am On Jan 15, 2019
Psychodavidovic:
Meanwhile.. grin

The next Redmi would come with sliding parts or punch hole, it seems.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Born2conquer: 9:29am On Jan 15, 2019
GrandMufti:

1. The 500 contacts are either stored in your phone's memory or Google contacts. You only give whatsapp permission to access it.

2. When 200 people view your post, the picture or video in that post is stored in a temporary folder in their phone, how does that make your phone hang?

3. Being in over 2 million groups has no effect on the app itself.

Surely whatsapp can't be heavier than snapchat, Facebook or Instagram.

Screenshot the about section of your phone

Lol, whatsapp is heavier than them all bro..

You've never handled a whatsapp with over 1000views

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Psychodavidovic(m): 9:30am On Jan 15, 2019
henry007:

The next Redmi would come with sliding parts or punch hole, it seems.

I would prefer the punch hole or even the water drop to be honest, sliders just ain't it - both motorised and manual.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4283) (4284) (4285) (4286) (4287) (4288) (4289) ... (9319) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: boolee(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.