Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4381) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9230372 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4378) (4379) (4380) (4381) (4382) (4383) (4384) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Yohh: 10:22am On Jan 31, 2019
Lemme implore us all that patronize online stores to always write reviews and express our views on d genuity and quality of d item.
It helps to guide subsequent buyers.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Maxcoded: 10:24am On Jan 31, 2019
falansa:

Boss you too much... Thanks

But I'm now get, it is not allow to upgrade to unofficial rom package

Where did you download the ROM from?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Yohh: 10:25am On Jan 31, 2019
Like how long do I wait for my item on free shipping to reach Nigeria?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jidobaba(m): 10:27am On Jan 31, 2019
Godvilla:
My Bro, u didn't escape anything and paying #500 is by no means standard. it's voluntarily.
Don't allow anyone deceive u or trample on ur right.
Do you mean that apart from the custom charges(which may be bogus), the normal handling charge they have been collecting at the counter is bogus too?!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:33am On Jan 31, 2019
Yohh:

15-60 days
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CharlesJok3r: 10:40am On Jan 31, 2019
TheBoy1740:
Funny situation, I bought an item on AE, let's say item A, it was on small packets, it didn't come within d stipulated time, buyer protection was even running out. I decided to be patient especially as the seller was cooperative.

Two days to d end of my buyer protection, I opened dispute for refund after informing the seller.

AE agreed and I got my refund yesterday.

Today, I went to collect another item(item B) at my PO only to see item A as well. Is there any way I can return the money to d seller?
contact the seller again and inform him about this. He will let you pay again without fulfilling your order. He/she might even give you a discount when paying again.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by isco10(m): 10:56am On Jan 31, 2019
Yohh:
What's d average length of time it takes an item on free shipping to reach Nigeria?
China Post Ordinary small packet plus or Registered post like China Registered Air Mail /AliExpress Standard shipping method?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 11:04am On Jan 31, 2019
omotayos01:

Thanks. I was at his place yesterday. waited at the reception while calling him, he did not pick up. Left and find a place to fix it. My phone is working now.
Was his receptionist not on seat too?

Good to know that your phone is now working fine tho kiss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 11:18am On Jan 31, 2019
pls i need a favor from someone,anyone ....i will pay it forward pls
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Yohh: 11:20am On Jan 31, 2019
isco10:

China Post Ordinary small packet plus or Registered post like China Registered Air Mail /AliExpress Standard shipping method?
China post ordinary small packet
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 11:26am On Jan 31, 2019
Yohh:

Within 60-100 days or sometimes never.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 31, 2019
Yohh:
What's d average length of time it takes an item on free shipping to reach Nigeria?
15 to 60 days but it's very risky and not advisable to use free shipping method. A Lil 1k won't tear ur pocket to use registered air mail or Aliexpress standard shipping. I prefer the former though.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 11:58am On Jan 31, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
haaa ok o..
wait, wat re u doing here ?
will u goan nd read ya book wink
I'll read, and when I pass I go hail you to come to Abuja or Aba to come and eat rice
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DestinyToRule(m): 11:58am On Jan 31, 2019
I urgently need case & screen protector for Redmi Note5A Prime. Chat me on whatsapp 07030243322... I stay @ mafoluku - oshodi & am currently in ikeja. Pls is urgent.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by falansa: 12:02pm On Jan 31, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 12:04pm On Jan 31, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
pls i need a favor from someone,anyone ....i will pay it forward pls

You haven't said anything here.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DestinyToRule(m): 12:12pm On Jan 31, 2019
Gptech:

Then change to Nigeria and try again, if it d work, you'll need to download an older version of developer rom on same miui version of your current rom. Forgot about this totally, that's why the rom you downloaded didn't work for you.

Sir, i change region to Nigeria, reboot my phone & try it again it didn't work. Pls where will I download developer rom u talk abt.? Tanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 12:16pm On Jan 31, 2019
spartacus11:
My Review on Stock Android

And What i missed about MIUI

And my verdict

Stock Android is not a match to MIUI, if you've truly used both we can agree that Stock Android is simply BASIC why MIUI add alot of ADD-ON'S if you're on MIUI you're missing nothing from not using Stock Android, rather you have majority, if not all, of the features of Stock, in addition to the extra features MIUI comes with.

To fully enjoy MIUI and use it to his full capacity you actually need to be Tech savy.

I've come to love Stock Android bcus of been just Basic I'm actually not that type who tweak and tweak, for me Stock is very much ok, but I'm surely missing some good features on MIUI.

One of the biggest app I've missed and will do anything to have on this Stock is the MIUI GALLERY APP Google photos is totally crap, I'm getting used to the Google File APP, But i will take MIUI FILE APP over this any day and anytime.

They is no basis to compare MIUI and Stock, there are on a different class entirely.

The irony is dat, I've actually choose Stock over MIUI not because it is better but because i can go through all the settings and feature in less than a minute, been BASIC does it for me.

So my preference for a device is now as follows

1- STOCK ANDROID OS

2- GLASS BODY DEVICE

3- USB TYPE C PORT

That means i need to start looking at the MI A series, i hope Xiaomi give us one with a Glass body just like what they have done for the Note series.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lavenderjade(m): 12:22pm On Jan 31, 2019
Where can i see the link to xiaomi resellers thread. I need mi max 2
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mykcool(m): 12:23pm On Jan 31, 2019
spartacus11:

Stock Android is not a match to MIUI, if you've truly used both we can agree that Stock Android is simply BASIC why MIUI add alot of ADD-ON'S if you're on MIUI you're missing nothing from not using Stock Android, rather you have majority, if not all, of the features of Stock, in addition to the extra features MIUI comes with.

To fully enjoy MIUI and use it to his full capacity you actually need to be Tech savy.

I've come to love Stock Android bcus of been just Basic I'm actually not that type who tweak and tweak, for me Stock is very much ok, but I'm surely missing some good features on MIUI.

One of the biggest app I've missed and will do anything to have on this Stock is the MIUI GALLERY APP Google photos is totally crap, I'm getting used to the Google File APP, But i will take MIUI FILE APP over this any day and anytime.

They is no basis to compare MIUI and Stock, there are on a different class entirely.

The irony is dat, I've actually choose Stock over MIUI not because it is better but because i can go through all the settings and feature in less than a minute, been BASIC does it for me.

So my preference for a device is now as follows

1- STOCK ANDROID OS

2- GLASS BODY DEVICE

3- USB TYPE C PORT

That means i need to start looking at the MI A series, i hope Xiaomi give us one with a Glass body just like what they have done for the Note series.
maybe someday phone manufacturers would allow people choose between their UI and STOCK on initial phone bootup. Dreams grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mykcool(m): 12:25pm On Jan 31, 2019
lavenderjade:
Where can i see the link to xiaomi resellers thread. I need mi max 2

https://www.nairaland.com/3880817/xiaomi-thread-store/20
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Maxcoded: 12:31pm On Jan 31, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 12:38pm On Jan 31, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 12:44pm On Jan 31, 2019
Mykcool:
maybe someday phone manufacturers would allow people choose between their UI and STOCK on initial phone bootup. Dreams grin
Abi my brother
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bwehdoneit(m): 12:57pm On Jan 31, 2019
So far, so good. The Redmi note 7 is ticking all the boxes for me,
Battery- 9/10
Display- 9/10
Design- 8/10
OS - Android 9 is keeping up, and MIUI.... Let me leave that one you all know the rest..muah..!
By the way this is a layman's review, don't come and be asking me complicated questions. Infact, no questions sef because it better experience than imagined... You get the drift.
Just did a security and bug fix update.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 12:58pm On Jan 31, 2019
Mykcool:

That will require more storage space for both OS, also meaning less storage space. It might also complicate android memory orientation.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mykcool(m): 1:10pm On Jan 31, 2019
macbeyland:

That will require more storage space for both OS, also meaning less storage space. It might also complicate android memory orientation.
I'm imagining something like after choosing your preferred UI , it downloads that one , then maybe if you are to do a factory reset there's an option to wipe the current UI. This way there's only one UI at any given time
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by muyibabs: 1:12pm On Jan 31, 2019
Mykcool:
she should try tapping on the 10 ten times and check if the option comes up

This worked like a charm. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mykcool(m): 1:15pm On Jan 31, 2019
muyibabs:

This worked like a charm. Thanks.
cheers , saw in a video on YouTube
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hausadreturn(m): 1:16pm On Jan 31, 2019
Godvilla:
15 to 60 days but it's very risky and not advisable to use free shipping method. A Lil 1k won't tear ur pocket to use registered air mail or Aliexpress standard shipping. I prefer the former though.
It all depends on the item you know...
There're items of 10k and above that can come with free shipping. It'll be somehow telling a buyer to opt for the option where they have to pay a shipping fee.
Sometimes the only option to pay for shipping might be DHL and FedEx.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 1:18pm On Jan 31, 2019
DestinyToRule:

Sir, i change region to Nigeria, reboot my phone & try it again it didn't work. Pls where will I download developer rom u talk abt.? Tanks
Use this old version of developer rom first, then you can use the one you already downloaded. http://bigota.d.miui.com/8.3.8/miui_HMNote5AGlobal_8.3.8_b396fc2955_7.1.zip
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hausadreturn(m): 1:19pm On Jan 31, 2019
Anyone with an item shipped on the 10th of December here?
Abi dem put my phone for the plane wey carry Emiliano Sala ni? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (4378) (4379) (4380) (4381) (4382) (4383) (4384) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Merrybells(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.