Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,469 members, 7,850,626 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:15 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9415935 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4415) (4416) (4417) (4418) (4419) (4420) (4421) ... (9329) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saintkenny(m): 7:38pm On Feb 09, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
but why v30....no bokeh/portrait mode , no Android pie till July which may be problematic sef but monthly update will fix it Sha......check out Nokia 8, new one is 70k on konga

MeshachMARTINS may not have a "proper" phone to call his own but dude sure knows all the sweet deals on devices that tick the boxes for individuals.

My guy has ideas but he's also broke too

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yak(m): 7:52pm On Feb 09, 2019
acekid109:
i use one presently, the phone is okay, my only problem is that zui is not yet mature as it should be compared to miui. The hardware is lit, but software could be better, i feel like getting rn5 back self most times due to this grin

Has Lenovo started pushing updates to dere phones?
Any hope of getting android pie on d phone?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:19pm On Feb 09, 2019
saintkenny:
so OxygenOS also has a feature called Multiple User which might be equivalent to MIUI's Second Space

Yup, you don over explore the phone grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SirdimayG(m): 8:36pm On Feb 09, 2019
Redmi4x for sale
Contact me on WhatsApp
Zero nine zero three seven zero nine three eight four nine
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 8:39pm On Feb 09, 2019
Hoping to see some reasonable spec on the upcoming Redmi 7 pro. Something close to the Mi Play in size with at least a 3500mah will be interesting. Man is tired of all these oversized phones. undecided

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saintkenny(m): 8:46pm On Feb 09, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Yup, you don over explore the phone grin
It's a mutual exploration. OxygenOS is exploring my delights too.
I'm just getting a hang of the Pro mode on the camera
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pharmtasy(m): 9:21pm On Feb 09, 2019
scotweezy:
Hoping to see some reasonable spec on the upcoming Redmi 7 pro. Something close to the Mi Play in size with at least a 3500mah will be interesting. Man is tired of all these oversized phones. undecided
Amaka disappointment loading
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nwaobitex: 9:44pm On Feb 09, 2019
pharmtasy:

Amaka disappointment loading
noo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:42pm On Feb 09, 2019
IKON360:

hmm, that's not nice and our nairaland traders made it look like black is better than rose gold. Sha aliexpress traders caused it
No one made it look like black is better, truth is black actually looks better especially if other colours have white front sides. The price hike by AliExpress sellers is simply Economics- the laws of demand and supply.

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scarycuteface(m): 11:24pm On Feb 09, 2019
upper lit
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 12:34am On Feb 10, 2019
PaulThor:

Maybe when the price falls, 7 Pro go come out with better specs, you continue to wait. When you won buy again, redmi note 8 go show. As you won buy that one, pocophone F2 will kill the market with much more value to a little higher price.. You go wait tire my friend.

I think i want both Redmi Note 7 Pro and Poco F2, i'd use which ever comes on jumia first as my daily driver and then switch.
I still love the Pocophone F1 even tho the RAM management has gotten terrible of late grin

scotweezy:

They should maintain the same energy of the Redmi 6 Pro with 4000mAh. Hopefully SD660 or 675
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ugonna1054(m): 12:53am On Feb 10, 2019
Hello guys, please who uses Redmi 6 pro / mi a2 lite ?? Is it a good buy??

Sellers in the house, how much does the 6 pro go for? And is it same phone as mi a2lite?

Thanks!!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Born2smile: 1:06am On Feb 10, 2019
Dear gurus in the house, I am currently torn between mi 8 lite and redmi note 7.

Looking for:
- great camera (both primary and secondary camera)
- great battery (should at least last 24hours on regular usage. I spend average of 7 hours a day on phone)
- great responsiveness (lagging in phones annoy me)
- at least android pie and should be guaranteed to get the next version of Android
- dedicated SD card slot

My budget is capped at 80k (this Hopefully should include the accessories)

Advice please...........

Thanks.

PS: if there is any other brand that beats the above two phones in terms of value for money, kindly feel free to suggest that. Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 3:44am On Feb 10, 2019
Gptech:

No one made it look like black is better, truth is black actually looks better especially if other colours have white front sides. The price hike by AliExpress sellers is simply Economics- the laws of demand and supply.
thanks for the clarification.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CitySect1(m): 6:02am On Feb 10, 2019
Please house, what's the difference between redmi 6 pro and MI a2 lite? I am a bit confused oooooo. Please ur clarification is needed house
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pharmtasy(m): 6:12am On Feb 10, 2019
Born2smile:
Dear gurus in the house, I am currently torn between mi 8 lite and redmi note 7.

Looking for:
- great battery (should at least last 24hours on regular usage. I spend average of 7 hours a day on phone)
- at least android pie and should be guaranteed to get the next version of Android
- dedicated SD card slot

Advice please...........

Thanks.

PS: if there is any other brand that beats the above two phones in terms of value for money, kindly feel free to suggest that. Thanks.
You can't go wrong with any of the two , but be prepared to do with hybrid SIM slot
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 6:33am On Feb 10, 2019
CitySect1:
Please house, what's the difference between redmi 6 pro and MI a2 lite? I am a bit confused oooooo. Please ur clarification is needed house

Redmi 6 pro-- MIUI
Mi A2 lite---Androidone (stock android)

Same hardware but different software.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 6:33am On Feb 10, 2019
CitySect1:

Redmi 6 pro-- MIUI

ugonna1054:
Hello guys, please who uses Redmi 6 pro / mi a2 lite ?? Is it a good buy??

Sellers in the house, how much does the 6 pro go for? And is it same phone as mi a2lite?

Thanks!!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CitySect1(m): 6:38am On Feb 10, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Redmi 6 pro-- MIUI

Thanks so much. Which of the version has better optimization of battery usage and smooth experience OS-wise?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:56am On Feb 10, 2019
Born2smile:

Looking for:
- dedicated SD card slot

Advice please...........

Thanks.

Both devices use hybrid sim, the note 7 is the better device here. There is no other device that offer better value for money than the Redmi note 7 especially.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 10, 2019
Is note 7 global version coming out or it's just Chinese version only for note 7?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pharmtasy(m): 8:56am On Feb 10, 2019
zicora:
Is note 7 global version coming out or it's just Chinese version only for note 7?
The global version will soon be released
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 10, 2019
pharmtasy:

The global version will soon be released
Kk can't wait 2 get it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 10:44am On Feb 10, 2019
saintkenny:
Ain't nobody like this Noobody. Because this Noobody don't trouble somebody. Raise your phones up. 6T in the air. Unlock the speed!

All thanks to God,thanks for the continued trust,it was a pleasure to serve,

Enjoy your new beast,

Cheers smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 11:10am On Feb 10, 2019
Who wan sell dia neat redmi 4x abeg?

Call/whatsapl:07051054953,08100115319

Cheers
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 11:28am On Feb 10, 2019
saintkenny:
.......... smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lavoca: 11:45am On Feb 10, 2019
noobody:
Who wan sell dia neat redmi 4x abeg?

Call/whatsapl:07051054953,08100115319

Cheers
shocked Wetin Xiaomi use do people with this phone no be here
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 11:48am On Feb 10, 2019
Please for those using Iphone, which Nigeria bank card are you using on your Apple ID I've been trying to link my First Bank Mastercard but it is not accepting it.

Which bank card to use please that is working
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 12:02pm On Feb 10, 2019
I put the pocophone up against the Samsung A7 2018 and Huawei Y9 2019 cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7IRbo_zx00

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nuramohammed26: 12:10pm On Feb 10, 2019
Hello house, please can someone help me out... I'm about to buy a Samsung Gear S3, I tried downloading the gear app on my Redmi Note 5 (SD636)from playstore but it keeps saying device not compatible, I googled for solutions and I understand I can just download the APK from APK mirror, after installing, it keeps saying device not compatible,I again turn to Google, & again I found out I can just disable MIUI optimization from developer option which I did (reboot), it still keeps giving me the error, pls can someone help me with a solution, do you think if I Root & install lineage OS it will work
Cc: Grandmufti, Gptech and all the gurus in the house.
Please help ASAP as I'm not sure if I should get the Gear S3 or not.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gwng: 12:24pm On Feb 10, 2019
zicora:

Any particular reason why you want the global version... I currently use the Chinese version...

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Born2smile: 12:25pm On Feb 10, 2019
Gptech:

Both devices use hybrid sim, the note 7 is the better device here. There is no other device that offer better value for money than the Redmi note 7 especially.

Thanks alot.
I can sacrifice the dedicated SD slot requirement.

But please permit me to ask what advantages the redmi note 7 has over the mi 8 lite. The only advantage I have seen is that it seems to be stronger and more rugged, that is the glass.
Whereas the mi 8 lite seems to support more network bands.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4415) (4416) (4417) (4418) (4419) (4420) (4421) ... (9329) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.