Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9303920 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4447) (4448) (4449) (4450) (4451) (4452) (4453) ... (9323) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kekilika: 10:28pm On Feb 17, 2019
Horiolah:

Lol, if lexusg pour u umipepper, u go dey alright.

Their angels agents don sleep... I am in Xiaomi thread, and I am safe
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Horiolah(m): 10:32pm On Feb 17, 2019
kekilika:

No be lie, troll haven.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kekilika: 10:35pm On Feb 17, 2019
fibonacci2526:

You ehn cheesy cheesy

Lol... cheesy cheesy wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henryduru2(m): 10:38pm On Feb 17, 2019
Horiolah:

I fit be ur cameraman if u wan start ur work o, I no dey charge much just $50 per hour.
ah been think say na $100 per hour u de charge before?? undecided lipsrsealed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Horiolah(m): 10:42pm On Feb 17, 2019
henryduru2:
ah been think say na $100 per hour u de charge before?? undecided lipsrsealed

Dat one sef dey, nothing spoil.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henryduru2(m): 10:43pm On Feb 17, 2019
Horiolah:

Dat one sef dey, nothing spoil.
no problem bro u go de video ursef de pay ursef grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 10:46pm On Feb 17, 2019
kekilika:

Horiolah:

Lol, if lexusg pour u umipepper, u go dey alright.

Don't be deceived....... Umiangels come from Edo..... cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 10:49pm On Feb 17, 2019
Horiolah:

See jamb kwesion, go dere thread make u go read na.
their thread no be here. But na xiaomi phone I dey eye abeg.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Horiolah(m): 10:56pm On Feb 17, 2019
IKON360:

their thread no be here. But na xiaomi phone I dey eye abeg.

Anything wey go satisfy u bro, different strokes for different folks.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Horiolah(m): 10:57pm On Feb 17, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Don't be deceived....... Umiangels come from Edo..... cheesy

Angel with Edo for d same line, which kind blasphemy be diz
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 10:59pm On Feb 17, 2019
Horiolah:

Angel with Edo for d same line, which kind blasphemy be diz

grin grin grin grin

The more you see, the less you understand this Umipeppering & umiwonder....... cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Horiolah(m): 11:00pm On Feb 17, 2019
henryduru2:
no problem bro u go de video ursef de pay ursef grin grin

Doing what?? Mastubating?? ... I be strong introvert wey dey fear camera.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Horiolah(m): 11:02pm On Feb 17, 2019
Lexusgs430:

grin grin grin grin

The more you see, the less you understand this Umipeppering & umiwonder....... cheesy

Una with umi diz umi dat, no go name ur pikin umifunke o.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henryduru2(m): 11:13pm On Feb 17, 2019
Horiolah:

Doing what?? Mastubating?? ... I be strong introvert wey dey fear camera.
lol
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dasanchez1(m): 11:52pm On Feb 17, 2019
Horiolah:

Una with umi diz umi dat, no go name ur pikin umifunke o.
AHHH
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 3:31am On Feb 18, 2019
Abduletudaye:
Who has a used Rn5 for sale? 4/64??
Fibonacci2526

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Extraordinaire(f): 4:28am On Feb 18, 2019
Hi guys please I need some help. I just updated my redmi 5a to MIUI 10 and the camera has stopped working. I've cleared both data and cache and rebooted the phone but it's still the same. I really don't want to do a factory reset because that in itself is not guaranteed.

Has anyone faced this type of issue before? What's the way around this please? Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mikeycharles(m): 4:31am On Feb 18, 2019
5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi

Poor Quality Check

One problem with Umidigi is that it never properly carries out a quality check on all the units it produces. It took just a month and a half for it to move from the Umi Plus E to the Umi Z…that is just insane especially when there are loads of issues in the former. When top manufacturers experience issues with a particular product, you will often find out that the issue is consistent over the millions of units it produces thus 99% of customers who purchase the device will have the same complaint. This is normal because once in a while, a manufacturer may have difficulty with a particular feature. With Umidigi, this is not the case.

It appears the different units of Umidigi smartphones from the same batch experiences different problems which clearly shows that the company is always in a hurry to couple a smartphone and send it to the market thus the quality of each unit you find in the market is not guaranteed while they all sell for the same price. We are looking at a game of luck here with your money. If you are lucky, you get a unit that was properly checked but if not, you get trash.

Zero After Sale Support

The honest truth is that with Umidigi there is absolutely no customer support thus the much advertised Umdigi Crystal will not have any preferential treatment. The only time you can contact Umidigi is prior to buying the phone. Once the sale is done, you are completely on your own. Remember UMI Diamond? Less than 6 months after they started selling the phone, they pulled the product listing off their website thus leaving anyone with issues on this smartphone stranded at the time. Umidigi releases a new phone every month or two, the older devices which are just a few months old by the way gets left behind. As far as I know, this is probably a strategy to create a distraction from its woes as customers will anticipate that the new product will be better but it never gets better save for its appearance which of course is copied.

Bugs & Software Issues

This is the greatest problem of Umidigi smartphones and it is all but certain that the newly released Umidigi Crystal will have the same issue. Let us take a look at some of the issues that have been consistently reported and as usual, Umidigi never do much to curtail the situation
Slow Screen Response To Touches

There are many complaints about the slow screen response of some units especially with the UMI Diamond and Umidigi Z. This usually starts from a few days to weeks after usage and in some cases, the screen will become erratic and even a factory reset does not solve this problem. We also have comment screen issues with some apps and games like PPSSPP and Tekken 6. Here when you click directly on an icon, you get no response and then you click astride that icon and you get a response. This is grossly unacceptable for a 2017 smartphone.
Random Pull Down Of Notification Panel

This has been experienced by users across most of Umidigi smartphones. After a while, the notification panel will keep pulling itself down even without any activity on the phone. It is very irritating because you could be on a chat and this pull down still occurs.
Connectivity Problems

Complaints on connectivity with Umidigi smartphones abound. It’s common to have a supposed 4G phone only ever showed a 3G connection. There have also been some surprisingly simple complaints with Umidigi smartphone. For instance, an Umidigi E Plus (this phone cost over $230) user lamented that his mobile data and Bluetooth connectivity are not working, These issues are damn simple even for a rookie and it is completely obvious that this is as a result of the poor quality check.
Super Slow Fingerprint Sensor

There is currently a video on Youtube which shows the Umidigi Z struggling with its fingerprint sensor. It takes two and sometimes three taps for it to respond. Secondly, you have to place your finger straight and directly on the sensor for it to respond, any slight angular deflection means no response.

Umidigi Crystal Umidigi Smartphone

Battery

Oh, I can’t forget that Umidigi batteries are crazily poor. It runs down like a waterfall and takes the whole day to charge fully. With low activity usage, you may get about 60% of a day if you are lucky. If you are a high-end gamer, please expect your Umidigi phone to heat up as high as 42-degrees (that’s the temperature of water I use in taking my bath lol) but if you are satisfied with low-end games like Asphalt, you will surely get as high as 38-degree heat up. This is so not fun for a smartphone in the 21st century.

Other Common Issues

We have gotten misleading reports of Umidigi smartphones being scratch resistant and from the slightest impact, a huge scratch appears. Camera quality is also another very common issue with Umidigi smartphones however, I want to assume that it will be able to fix that even though it is known for not doing much when complaints are made. There is also this report of a mysterious white line appearing on the screen after a few weeks.

A user once said

“I bought an Umi Z back in January. I cannot be more disappointed with it. Since I’ve owned it I have had many software issues such as Google Music not working, screen not rotating, data connection dropping, etc”

Another said

“Avoid the Umidigi Z Pro like the plague its a waste of money and time.”

“The battery drain is so fast that the rear of the phone gets so hot I was afraid it would catch fire”.

Conclusion

This is an honest observation from Umdigi smartphones considering customers review. Every manufacturer has its problems but online, we have never seen such massive complaints from the likes of Meizu, Xiaomi, and even Doogee. Except there would be some sort of miracle, the Umidigi Crystal will most likely have many of these issues.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mikeycharles(m): 4:37am On Feb 18, 2019
mikeycharles:
5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi

Conclusion

This is an honest observation from Umdigi smartphones considering customers review. Every manufacturer has its problems but online, we have never seen such massive complaints from the likes of Meizu, Xiaomi, and even Doogee. Except there would be some sort of miracle, the Umidigi Crystal will most likely have many of these issues.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lavenderjade(m): 6:00am On Feb 18, 2019
sajods:
Hello everyone, I have a redmi note 4x and I'm thinking of updating the software to MIUI V9.5. Is the update safe enuf? Any pros & cons?
Dat dead fone grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:03am On Feb 18, 2019
[quote author=mikeycharles post=75842788][/quote]

Bros, this war you want to start this Monday morning am not there ooo! Watch the Umidigi people come for you.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 6:22am On Feb 18, 2019
Mikeycharles
This is the right thread to post ur epistle. Well done for the effort and time to compose this Umidigi rant epistle.
https://www.nairaland.com/3717687/umidigi-discussion-thread/568

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by reaky(m): 7:00am On Feb 18, 2019
busuyi44:
Mikeycharles
This is the right thread to post ur epistle. Well done for the effort and time to compose this Umidigi rant epistle.

Make dem umipepper him head abi grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gentlezypher: 7:18am On Feb 18, 2019
IKON360:

you can get Google apps yourself, you just download and flash it in. Global rom, the main global rom, has gapps installed by sellers but every xiaomi phone doesn't have global Rom so be careful. The sellers will unlock the bootloader and flash in global rom with Google apps. Like I told you earlier, global Rom is in English while Chinese Rom won't have gapps and has sprinkling of Chinese through out your UI
thanks

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Born2smile: 8:01am On Feb 18, 2019
Extraordinaire:
Hi guys please I need some help. I just updated my redmi 5a to MIUI 10 and the camera has stopped working. I've cleared both data and cache and rebooted the phone but it's still the same. I really don't want to do a factory reset because that in itself is not guaranteed.

Has anyone faced this type of issue before? What's the way around this please? Thanks.
Are you using the default camera app? Update Google play services.
Also try another camera app from the play store and update whatever camera app you are using.

My 2 cents.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 8:04am On Feb 18, 2019
busuyi44:
Mikeycharles

It looks he has been hibernating under a rock or his calendar just started moving.......

A report that was written in 2017, he thinks is credible and relevant in 2019........

That's why people fail exams, plagiarism is a disease, copy and paste, is equally a virus........

Beware of Fake news..........

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 8:07am On Feb 18, 2019
genius43:

Bros, this war you want to start this Monday morning am not there ooo! Watch the Umidigi people come for you.

He is just another brand sympathiser....... He could not even edit report to reflect modern day conditions......

Report of 2017 is relevant in his world in 2019...... Just like blaming Kemi Adeosun for issues happening in 2019............
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by salvo583: 8:29am On Feb 18, 2019
Xiaomite! I thought IPS screen should be better and sharper than a TFT screen. How come the Samsung M20 screen strikes gold against Redmi Note 7?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Extraordinaire(f): 8:38am On Feb 18, 2019
Born2smile:

Are you using the default camera app? Update Google play services.
Also try another camera app from the play store and update whatever camera app you are using.

My 2 cents.

Thanks that didn't work. I used other camera apps but I have updated all the apps.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 8:40am On Feb 18, 2019
Horiolah:

I fit be ur cameraman if u wan start ur work o, I no dey charge much just $50 per hour.
undecided oya come nd begoing to your house. ...I know how to hold camera by my self grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by anthon47(m): 8:51am On Feb 18, 2019
I bought my xiaomi case online through aliexpress since December 30th uptill now I haven't received any info
this is the tracking pictures.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:59am On Feb 18, 2019
anthon47:
I bought my xiaomi case online through aliexpress since December 30th uptill now I haven't received any info
this is the tracking pictures.

China small post, can't track it wait till after 60days the item was shipped before you can open dispute.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4447) (4448) (4449) (4450) (4451) (4452) (4453) ... (9323) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.