Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,288 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4447) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9358859 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4444) (4445) (4446) (4447) (4448) (4449) (4450) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mikeycharles(m): 9:35am On Feb 17, 2019
oxygenlove:
my testimony..

I don't always put the "FIND DEVICE" feature on my phone (RN5) into consideration,i shaa put it ON .
I do think nothing can happen to my phone/ nobody can steal it from me. until last week Tuesday when dem boiz for my area rub me and a friend
** e be like film that night coz they are on bike, they just stopped and started shouting _facing my friend_ and telling him "na you bdiz,, telling him that he belongs to some opposing cult whereby he's not.. : one of dem guys said " no shoot ham o ".... Meehnn upon hearing no shoot ham, my head spark.. i cooperate shap shap, dey sha collect our phones and other things..

e bami yin oluwa lo go.... and make una switch on una find device feature (Xiaomi users) ... e no cost una money

thanks***

Cracked up a bit grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajods(m): 10:00am On Feb 17, 2019
Hello everyone, I have a redmi note 4x and I'm thinking of updating the software to MIUI V9.5. Is the update safe enuf? Any pros & cons?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 10:02am On Feb 17, 2019
mikeycharles:
This was the message I was going for but everything got jumbled along the way, the truth is Transsion have really dealt with the budget segment in the market. What Xiaomi offers is nothing short of extraordinary when you compare with global Android One phones such as the Nokia One and the rest which cost over a 100 bucks coupled with mediocre specs.
It all boils down to quality of quantity, cause trust me those cheap itel devices can't last longer than MTN data plans

A quick search on Gsmarena and i can see that it's virtually a Nokia 2.1 with a smaller screen and battery.

It's not extra-ordinary beside the Nokia competition which also does have band 28. I think it's just best to rule out the Redmi Go completely. It's a hard sell.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 10:18am On Feb 17, 2019
sajods:
Hello everyone, I have a redmi note 4x and I'm thinking of updating the software to MIUI V9.5. Is the update safe enuf? Any pros & cons?

We don dey MIUI 10 ooo, pls update your device.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 10:19am On Feb 17, 2019
oxygenlove:
my testimony..

I don't always put the "FIND DEVICE" feature on my phone (RN5) into consideration,i shaa put it ON .
I do think nothing can happen to my phone/ nobody can steal it from me. until last week Tuesday when dem boiz for my area rub me and a friend
** e be like film that night coz they are on bike, they just stopped and started shouting _facing my friend_ and telling him "na you bdiz,, telling him that he belongs to some opposing cult whereby he's not.. : one of dem guys said " no shoot ham o ".... Meehnn upon hearing no shoot ham, my head spark.. i cooperate shap shap, dey sha collect our phones and other things..

long story short

through the help of the police and this FIND DEVICE feature..and luckily my data On (at least the tracing was accurate),,, .the phone was traced and i was able to have my phone back ... I thank God for my life too coz if dem don shoot us both,- people will be saying maybe we belong to cultism and bla bla ..

e bami yin oluwa lo go.... and make una switch on una find device feature (Xiaomi users) ... e no cost una money

thanks***

Congrats.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:22am On Feb 17, 2019
Born2smile:
Dear mates,

Is it possible to request transfer of your package from one post office to another?

I have a package that has been sent to the post office closest to my former address. But I have changed address and it will be challenging to go pick up the package from where it is currently located.
Its not possible to request transfer. You must be there in person.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by StRichard(m): 10:25am On Feb 17, 2019
Some sellers on Aliexpress are wicked. Look at when I made this order, up till now the idiot don't want to ship this phone

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Born2smile: 10:25am On Feb 17, 2019
henry007:

A quick search on Gsmarena and i can see that it's virtually a Nokia 2.1 with a smaller screen and battery.

It's not extra-ordinary beside the Nokia competition which also does have band 28. I think it's just best to rule out the Redmi Go completely. It's a hard sell.
Thanks for bringing out these facts.
Assuming all the specs posted by Gsmarena arena here are all accurate, the Nokia 2.1 released last May seems better than the Redmi Go at that price point.
https://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=9216&idPhone2=9534

But it is only the US/Latin America version of Nokia 2.1 that has band 28. The EMEA version which we are most likely to receive here doesn't have it.

Also, the Redmi go seems better on paper in the camera section and the price might go lower in the coming days.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Born2smile: 10:27am On Feb 17, 2019
Godvilla:
Its not possible to request transfer. You must be there in person.

Okay thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 10:29am On Feb 17, 2019
StRichard:
Some sellers on Aliexpress are wicked. Look at when I made this order, up till now the idiot don't want to ship this phone

That store and mi global store, just run away ooo. Their processing time nor be for here. Use ET or fatacy next time. If you attempt to even cancel now, the seller will gladly accept to do so. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by StRichard(m): 10:34am On Feb 17, 2019
fibonacci2526:

That store and mi global store, just run away ooo. Their processing time nor be for here. Use ET or fatacy next time. If you attempt to even cancel now, the seller will gladly accept to do so. cheesy
i wont cancel it the processing time will soon finish, never knew the seller has a very bad review.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 10:36am On Feb 17, 2019
StRichard:
i wont cancel it the processing time will soon finish, never knew the seller has a very bad review.

He changed his name from mi authorised store to this DPhone or whatever. Very terrible seller.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tyoba: 10:40am On Feb 17, 2019
DestinyToRule:

Why? Pls help..

I just updated mine few minutes ago through the OTA . I think you should do the same. On the latest now sha even though I am rocking the redmi note 6 pro @noboody hooked me up with.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reddington(m): 10:49am On Feb 17, 2019
fibonacci2526:

I tell you, bro. That store is one of the worst stores on AE. Had a very disappointing experience with them. Wasted my goddamn time only to tell me I can go ahead and cancel the order, that they were out of stock - after waiting for almost a week for the order to be shipped! Can you believe that? I swiftly cancelled order, but of course not without cursing the seller and his generation. Got my full refund days later. Stay clear of D -Phone" at least for now.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 10:55am On Feb 17, 2019
Ulrich01:
Knock knock. I hope say thread don calm down small smiley
Me i wan give my testimony.

I think this is the 9th or 10th phone infact i have lost count cheesy. If you aren't buying your phone through Noobody, you are definitely missing out grin. He doesn't disappoint. Great customer service too.

Redmi note 6 pro received within three days as promised with freebies too smiley

Wow its bin a long time coming bro,

Very greatful for the continued trust,

Its always a pleasure doing biz with you,

Enjoy your new device,

Looking forward to more great deals,

Cheers smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lordthree(m): 11:22am On Feb 17, 2019
mikeycharles:
I'm sorry for this and I sincerely apologize.

Takes a man to apologise after making a fool of himself cool grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajods(m): 11:23am On Feb 17, 2019
fibonacci2526:

We don dey MIUI 10 ooo, pls update your device.
Do I have to do anything after the update? I hope updating to MIUI 9.5 wouldnt affect any of my files
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 11:28am On Feb 17, 2019
sajods:

Do I have to do anything after the update? I hope updating to MIUI 9.5 wouldnt affect any of my files

It won't.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lordthree(m): 11:31am On Feb 17, 2019
sajods:

Wow shocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 11:32am On Feb 17, 2019
henry007:

Actually, even if it was 18:9, it would still be a hard sell for the iTel users coz one, people coming from iTel have probably been spoilt by the fingerprint sensor, which may seem cutting edge at that budget and two, 28K can get you a 1GB/16GB + 4000mAh iTel phone and numbers appeal more to that target market.

There's also no way anyone can go back to using 8GB storage phones after using a 16GB one. That Band 28 isn't going to give you the storage you need to play around with the Glo 4G for very long.

Lastly, most people are getting "storage full" on their 8GB storage phones so they won't even bother to upgrade to another 8GB phone.

Which leaves me to this question, if the 18:9 Redmi 6A (2GB/16GB) sells @ 30K, who is that 28K 16:9 Redmi Go (1GB/8GB) really meant for?
yes oo..I agree with da itel point...in my area, if your phone nor have fingerprint ehn.. that means its rubbish ....but for that price , I will just stick to redmi 6a, but know that d 6a price dinnor just appear with 30k, it fell to 30k..... so d redmi go might fall to like 22k with time....as for storage, i think it Is expandable , i pray it has 3slot...this phone is unique in its own way, its compact size ...no itel/tecno android go phone offer 4g nd 3000mah for that size, d highest have seen is 3g nd 2400mah.it nor everybody da like big screen,..nd with xiaomi, the camera should be promising at that price...lastly, this phone is not for nigeria market like tecno/infinix/itel....its for africa/global market......I not loyal to any brand tho

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 12:16pm On Feb 17, 2019
GrandMufti:

We're on the same page. Value for money and change go remain sef.
A Mifi that can receive calls. wink

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by franzis(m): 12:29pm On Feb 17, 2019
I have a Redmi 5 case & tempered glass to giveaway Free of charge , also 2pcs of Redmi note 5 Tempered Glass.. All free if you pickup within any of this locations Ikorodu , Mushin , Surulere , illupeju , Anthony/obanikoro/ Palmgrove /onipanu
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DestinyToRule(m): 12:32pm On Feb 17, 2019
Gptech:
. Which network you dey use sef, this your issue don tey. Go to settings - sim card and mobile network- select the network - access point name - choose the selected access point, then screenshot and upload here.
You can also clear the cache and data of the updater app once again and upload.

I use mtn & airtel respectively both 4g capable.

1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pharmtasy(m): 12:56pm On Feb 17, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Fantacy is very good but their prices is a little higher

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 1:01pm On Feb 17, 2019
pharmtasy:

Fantacy is very good but their prices is a little higher

Is it not better to pay like $3 or $5 more than wait till eternity ?

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 1:04pm On Feb 17, 2019
henry007:

Actually, even if it was 18:9, it would still be a hard sell for the iTel users coz one, people coming from iTel have probably been spoilt by the fingerprint sensor, which may seem cutting edge at that budget and two, 28K can get you a 1GB/16GB + 4000mAh iTel phone and numbers appeal more to that target market.

There's also no way anyone can go back to using 8GB storage phones after using a 16GB one. That Band 28 isn't going to give you the storage you need to play around with the Glo 4G for very long.

Lastly, most people are getting "storage full" on their 8GB storage phones so they won't even bother to upgrade to another 8GB phone.

Which leaves me to this question, if the 18:9 Redmi 6A (2GB/16GB) sells @ 30K, who is that 28K 16:9 Redmi Go (1GB/8GB) really meant for?

Going by your 1st paragraph, you agree with me that Umidigi A3 is better value?.....

Umidigi A3 2/16, for under 21K (AE) or 28k9 (Jumia).... grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 1:05pm On Feb 17, 2019
henry007:

16:9
nd sir please stop saying 16:9 as if it a disease or have never existed... ok tell me, is nokia 8sirocco nor beautiful? I think you u should focus more on bezel, not aspects ratio.... using desktop mode on 16:9 fones re even better than d narrower 18:9/18.5:9/19:9 phones. ....d only good thing about d newer ratio is watching movies nd playing games..... but everything comes down to bezel nd not ratio.....nd one more that ....only newer ratio purpose is actually to make phone with big screen (5.7-6.9inch) narrow, nd compact......abi that 5inch 18:9 energizer powermax didnt feel too small nd weird for a 5inch?...

..my point is for below 5.4inch, 16:9 is idea, while for 5.5inch nd above, 18:9 nd others does the job.....so stop saying 16:9 like something else......thank u

11 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 1:07pm On Feb 17, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Going by your 1st paragraph, you agree with me that Umidigi A3 is better value?.....

Umidigi A3 2/16, for under 21K (AE) or 28k9 (Jumia).... grin
umidaddy yaff come....good afternoon sir

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 1:09pm On Feb 17, 2019
StRichard:
U forgot dy had holiday recently
Fibonacci2526
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 1:10pm On Feb 17, 2019
busuyi44:

U forgot dy had holiday recently
Fibonacci2526

Even without the holiday, am speaking from experience. That store is terrible.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 1:14pm On Feb 17, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
umidaddy yaff come....good afternoon sir

Good Afternoon Boss, my umichildren say make i holla at you...... grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mykcool(m): 1:16pm On Feb 17, 2019
DestinyToRule:

I use mtn & airtel respectively both 4g capable.

Change the APN of the Airtel from internet.ng.zain.com
To internet.ng.airtel.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (4444) (4445) (4446) (4447) (4448) (4449) (4450) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.