Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,006 members, 7,841,858 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4459) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9381344 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4456) (4457) (4458) (4459) (4460) (4461) (4462) ... (9326) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 3:34pm On Feb 20, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Probably got a fake ROM, let's see the about section.

About section

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 3:45pm On Feb 20, 2019
Godvilla:
Its obvious now that you haven't used UD FD.
duh, how many phones with UD FP readers are less than 250 dollars? But if you buy for me I'll collect thanks.
Aside easier accessibility what other advantage does UD FP readers have over the normal FP readers?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 3:45pm On Feb 20, 2019
Elslim:

About section

Fake ROM. There is no global rom for the 8 SE.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 3:49pm On Feb 20, 2019
YourBoss1:

I prefer the normal one.
I dont want to press a key before inputting my prints.
I just want to go to my home screen directly.

correct me if i'm wrong. I dont think u can do this with the in-display types
actually I don't think you have to press anything before one uses the in display FP reader, but the way some phone manufacturers make it sound, some one may think that it is one awesome piece of technological advancement. The FP reader at the back has more uses than the in display FP reader
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 20, 2019
IKON360:

duh, how many phones with UD FP readers are less than 250 dollars? But if you buy for me I'll collect thanks.
Aside easier accessibility what other advantage does UD FP readers have over the normal FP readers?
The highlighted Wasn't necessary. Cos we ain't talking about price.

Like I said before, there isn't much difference.
Personally, I find the UD FP convenient to use.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 4:12pm On Feb 20, 2019
IKON360:

I read on GSMarena that its 3300mah battery does quite well besides its not by mah but by the optimization in the UI. My complaints are actually that mi9 doesn't have sd card slot and headphone jack

Don't even have issues with the batttery size paired with a 7nm chip but their decision to put a smaller battery than the predecessor. It's unusual from Xiaomi....from Mi 6's 3350 to Mi 8's 3400 and now, 3300mAh.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saintkenny(m): 4:13pm On Feb 20, 2019
fibonacci2526:

It's been sold.
So, you've a new phone then?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:14pm On Feb 20, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:

show love to others...
help others...
and when someone helps you, pay it forward....
God bless you all (both mentioned nd unmentioned)
God bless xiaomi,
God bless lei jun
..........................................................yours xiaomily
..........................................................MTMH
Happy birthday, our prayers b say make God do pass the best thing anybody don wish for you. WUHLLNP.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saintkenny(m): 4:19pm On Feb 20, 2019
IKON360:

please do you know any advantage in display fingerprint sensor has over normal fingerprint sensor at the back of a phone?
The in-display fingerprint reader of my OP6T is way slower than the fingerprint reader on the RN4 I had. There's no performance advantage. It's just futuristic and thrilling. I mostly use the face unlock which is even faster than any fingerprint reader.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 4:36pm On Feb 20, 2019
saintkenny:

So, you've a new phone then?

This week.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bioduneberry(m): 4:50pm On Feb 20, 2019
odinga1of:

How much in Naira?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Harvard13(m): 5:12pm On Feb 20, 2019
Guys, please my mi cloud storage space is saying full, what do i do? i cant even seem to delete some things from it. I use the redmi note 5 4gb/64gb. it came with 5gb cloud space
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Horiolah(m): 5:13pm On Feb 20, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
I wanna say a biggg I love you to my e-family(everyone on this thread)...my love for u guys is like henry007 love for 18:9/19:9 phones, its like the love mikeycharles have for finding trouble, its like the love gptech have for his note4x grin , its like the love nonichuks have for tecno, its like the love lexusgs420 have for umidigi , its like the love we all have for GWN....sorry remove da part.....Its like the love noobody have for CHEERS, Its like d love protein0 have for big english, its like the love Fibonacci have for thespeedyouneed, its like the love ifedith have for jumia......and soo on(my hand is paining me)..people da use to like nd share my post, you guys have build up my E-selfEsteem...thank you....to those da use to quote me when i make a post, a verybig na una try pass(in ifedith voice)....seeing that mention makes my day...especially those da will na turn it to 2go chatroom(ikon360, horiolah, henryduru2) thank you very very much...even our check the other thread guy (grandmufti) nd wetin concern me sef( flexerking).....meeting you guys/joinig nairaland have done a lot for me....da time wey i just join sef wey i post say i need card na im fibonacci just bless me....omo i dance da afternoon ehn....you guys re just the best...nd if you think I have hate for u, naaa.....na una i love pass sef... smiley ....yea...I dont know what to type again, .... smiley
show love to others...
help others...
and when someone helps you, pay it forward....
God bless you all (both mentioned nd unmentioned)
God bless xiaomi,
God bless lei jun
..........................................................yours xiaomily
..........................................................MTMH

U wan die ?? Abeg take me with you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 5:17pm On Feb 20, 2019
Harvard13:
Guys, please my mi cloud storage space is saying full, what do i do? i cant even seem to delete some things from it. I use the redmi note 5 4gb/64gb. it came with 5gb cloud space

You have probably synced your photos and videos. Not advisable given the small storage option. Go to i.mi.com and delete the videos and photos you synced(if you are using a phone use the desktop mode).

Use Google photos/ drive for your photos/videos.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gsparks01(m): 5:26pm On Feb 20, 2019
gsparks01:
Hi, who has note 4x case in LAGOS?
anyone?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saintkenny(m): 5:30pm On Feb 20, 2019
fibonacci2526:

This week.
We're tracking you like the stock market
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temisilva(m): 5:35pm On Feb 20, 2019
femson1983:

It's new sim, I bought and register it at Computer village infront of 3chub in computer village. They have their stand there. Their staff is about 6 of them putting on their Ntel shirt.

I bought the sim #2000 and it comes with 7gig for a week and their service is the best so far. I am an IT Technician and when I do the speed test, wow it's beat all the network in Nigeria I swear down.

So since 3weeks now that I bought it, it has been working and super fast. I have a staff once I send money to her she will activate it for me within 10minutes.

The new rate now is as below...
1000--3gb
1800--4gb
3500--10gb(1month)

If you need her details request and I will give you her contact and Whatsapp number.
Please send to me. Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 5:37pm On Feb 20, 2019
fibonacci2526:

This week.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 5:45pm On Feb 20, 2019
saintkenny:

The in-display fingerprint reader of my OP6T is way slower than the fingerprint reader on the RN4 I had. There's no performance advantage. It's just futuristic and thrilling. I mostly use the face unlock which is even faster than any fingerprint reader.
exactly, you get my train of thought, these smartphone manufacturers just be jumping up and down, trading functionlaity and practicality for trends and looks. Well Mi9 has a "fast" UD FP reader but I still don't see the need for it.
Btw aside unlocking your phone, what else can you use your Fingerprint scanner for?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 5:48pm On Feb 20, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Fake ROM. There is no global rom for the 8 SE.

OK so can he flash d Chinese ROM on it??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 5:54pm On Feb 20, 2019
henry007:

Don't even have issues with the batttery size paired with a 7nm chip but their decision to put a smaller battery than the predecessor. It's unusual from Xiaomi....from Mi 6's 3350 to Mi 8's 3400 and now, 3300mAh.
well maybe they respect what sd855 can do, GSMarena rates the battery to give 91 hours of power far better than any other phone with 3300 mah or 3400mah in the market
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 6:03pm On Feb 20, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:04pm On Feb 20, 2019
Elslim:

OK so can he flash d Chinese ROM on it??

Yes as he has long as his bootloader is unlocked

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Phayteprecious1(f): 6:19pm On Feb 20, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
grin transport money nko
I go pay your transport when Uber deliver you to me grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pharmtasy(m): 6:28pm On Feb 20, 2019
saintkenny:

We're tracking you like the stock market
Hehehe. Global tracking

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omotayo600(m): 6:37pm On Feb 20, 2019
Pls who has redmi note 5 tempered glass for sale
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 6:57pm On Feb 20, 2019
Phayteprecious1:
I go pay your transport when Uber deliver you to me grin
SCAM!!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Israellionel: 7:08pm On Feb 20, 2019
Someone Should Pls Help Me Track This Order. UB015966727SG
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 7:11pm On Feb 20, 2019
fibonacci2526:

shocked shocked shocked
Na you give him the almost daily tracking task? cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 7:15pm On Feb 20, 2019
genius43:

Yes as he has long as his bootloader is unlocked

Yes bootloader is unlocked....

Can anyone help with d link to Chinese ROM miui 10 for MI 8 se
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 7:20pm On Feb 20, 2019
Elslim:

Yes bootloader is unlocked....

Can anyone help with d link to Chinese ROM miui 10 for MI 8 se

Check here https://en.miui.com/a-234.html
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 7:22pm On Feb 20, 2019
Holuwaxheun:
Hi family. Pls, does anyone has redmi 5 plus replacement screen readily available on ground? Kindly quote me if u do.

thanks

Hi

(1) (2) (3) ... (4456) (4457) (4458) (4459) (4460) (4461) (4462) ... (9326) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.