Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4574) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9358480 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4571) (4572) (4573) (4574) (4575) (4576) (4577) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 9:21pm On Mar 25, 2019
bastien:
so no one have brand new redmi note 7 available for pick up?
grin... Pre order and secure urs o...... Expecting 7pcs next week, 4 have been paid for... U better secure ur own now o
070three1080two87
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yemzyray01(m): 9:25pm On Mar 25, 2019
Please, who can suggest a good brand on aliexpress for screen replacement for xiaomi and one plus phones.....thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mikeycharles(m): 9:27pm On Mar 25, 2019
henry007:

You want to jump into conclusion so bad, it seems.
With all due respect, I get where you're driving at but sometimes those CC don't really know "things". I've had several mishaps due to them being ill-informed, they are just there to calm and offer alternatives to customers so it's highly possible they're not aware of the additional Band 3 smiley

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bigtt76(f): 9:31pm On Mar 25, 2019
Same way you jumped into conclusion and went on to ask Cc doubting those that haf seen 4g signal on a non-band 28 device cheesy

On a serious note, late last year or early this year, Glo's CTO confirmed that they would be opening up on another band to cater for more LTE devices in the country. They've been doing this gradually ever since.

henry007:

You want to jump into conclusion so bad, it seems.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sureteeboy(m): 9:34pm On Mar 25, 2019
fibonacci2526:

It's even a travesty to mention the infinix note 5 and Redmi note 7 pro in the same sentence.
lol grin grin grin He should be comparing the Infinix Note 5 with 42k Redmi 6. That's the closest thing to it in terms of specs
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:35pm On Mar 25, 2019
humblesteve:
Note 7 pro or iPhone 7plus my people?

Gptech
Una don choose finish?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:47pm On Mar 25, 2019
fibonacci2526:

As if say dem dey beg them. cheesy
Hahahahahahahaha, as in eh, d thing dey surprise me sometimes, blike Xiaomi dey pay una grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 9:49pm On Mar 25, 2019
humblesteve:
Note 7 pro or iPhone 7plus my people?
Gptech
iphone 7plus .....no jokes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 10:20pm On Mar 25, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
iphone 7plus .....no jokes
Based on?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 10:47pm On Mar 25, 2019
noobody:
Thankful for today cool

Cheers fam smiley
She don later born? cool

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 10:53pm On Mar 25, 2019
bigtt76:
Same way you jumped into conclusion and went on to ask Cc doubting those that haf seen 4g signal on a non-band 28 device cheesy

On a serious note, late last year or early this year, Glo's CTO confirmed that they would be opening up on another band to cater for more LTE devices in the country. They've been doing this gradually ever since.

And what conclusion would that be?

Btw i was throwing the question to the general public and yours is not the first or only report I've seen.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 11:00pm On Mar 25, 2019
mikeycharles:
With all due respect, I get where you're driving at but sometimes those CC don't really know "things". I've had several mishaps due to them being ill-informed, they are just there to calm and offer alternatives to customers so it's highly possible they're not aware of the additional Band 3 smiley

It's kinda crazy that people are spotting 4G on Glo Band 3 in some areas. Trying to make sure it's official or at least wide-spread. I cannot tell people to expect 4G on a different band when it's spotty at best & without a wide coverage like say all of Lagos state or PH.

Time would tell if it's something they plan to dab into fully.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 12:23am On Mar 26, 2019
bigtt76:
Glo 4G now in Lekki Phase One (from Farmcity up to Lekki - Ikoyi bridge roundabout) on Band 3 device cheesy RN5 AI

Ah... they should do fast fast and reach my side o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 12:23am On Mar 26, 2019
fibonacci2526:

As if say dem dey beg them. cheesy

grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by takxus: 1:06am On Mar 26, 2019
Redmi 5 plus for sale with slight screen crack. Very good condition. With customizations on Android 9

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 1:07am On Mar 26, 2019
henry007:

It's kinda crazy that people are spotting 4G on Glo Band 3 in some areas. Trying to make sure it's official or at least wide-spread. I cannot tell people to expect 4G on a different band when it's spotty at best & without a wide coverage like say all of Lagos state or PH.

My Umidigi One Max, enjoys GLO 4G to the MAX.........
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 1:20am On Mar 26, 2019
henry007:

Mr Thomas

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by joungblood(m): 1:43am On Mar 26, 2019
Lol �. If u say so

Holuwaxheun:

I can see you are beginning to calm down and dealing with the trust issue cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 2:04am On Mar 26, 2019
Lexusgs430:

My Umidigi One Max, enjoys GLO 4G to the MAX.........

As to be expected coz it has support for band 28.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 2:12am On Mar 26, 2019
henry007:

As to be expected coz it has support for band 28.

Absolutely.........
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by humblesteve(m): 4:18am On Mar 26, 2019
Gptech:

Una don choose finish?
Yes oh 7plus noni grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:33am On Mar 26, 2019
henry007:

The test on Band 3 actually started in Ibadan and not Lagos and they are not leaving Band 28 as Band 28 has a better depth but using band 3 to complement it because a vast majority of 4G enabled devices used by Nigerians has no support for band 28. Someone even compared the speed of both bands on the same sometime ago. Band 28 was faster.

http://thenationonlineng.net/glo-2-submarine-cable-activation-coming/

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tidedroid: 5:05am On Mar 26, 2019
kvngjesse:

You clearly don't know about iOS my bro wink
maybe for apps ios is better at ram management than most android devices but for gaming no matter the app optimisation once it uses lots of ram u cant do anything about it.its probably one of d reasons gta 4 hasn't been ported to mobile coz rockstar port their games on their anniversary to ios first and as of now only d ipad pro 12 and maybe 11 have 6gb ram with the remaining ios devices still having between 2-4gb ram
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tyoba: 5:43am On Mar 26, 2019
Can you downgrade mui 10.2 or 9. Having issues after the updates. No volte support
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Opistorincos(m): 5:59am On Mar 26, 2019
takxus:
Redmi 5 plus for sale with slight screen crack. Very good condition. With customizations on Android 9

Chat me up
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:03am On Mar 26, 2019
tyoba:
Can you downgrade mui 10.2 or 9. Having issues after the updates. No volte support

Yes. First unlock bootloader
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 6:37am On Mar 26, 2019
joungblood:
Lol �. If u say so

See, I perfectly understand how it feels to trust people u have not seen face to face with your money. But be rest assured, none of the sellers on this platform can scam you. All the sellers here, right from Noobody, Ifedith, Protein0, myself and others are 100% genuine.

I understand you don't want to pre-order cos u want a cash and carry transaction (ie face to face transaction), which, literally speaking, might be difficult. Reason being that;

1. You can't get a xiaomi phone in Nigeria phone stores easily
2. The phones might not be readily available with we the sellers, but we can always help out with express shipping (7 to 10 working days), which is tantamount to paying more for the phone
3. We the sellers might not even be in the same location with you, which makes it difficult to see face to face.

Fear not, u are in safe hands. Technically speaking, considering the time you have been waiting, and the above points, pre-ordering via any of the sellers (either via normal or express shipping) is your best bet.

Gracias

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bigtt76(f): 6:38am On Mar 26, 2019
Sommwan canno joke with you again? kiss

henry007:

And what conclusion would that be?

Btw i was throwing the question to the general public and yours is not the first or only report I've seen.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bigtt76(f): 6:53am On Mar 26, 2019
I get you clearer now. The issue is customer care agents are the last to know of these things. Vodafone Ghana last weekaunched into 4G and I asked their customer care agent what band they're going to operate on, the response I got was similar to yours. I was told to wait till their official launch later in the day before they can say. Meanwhile people were already getting connected. Most companies underrate their customer care agents too much and this is not good for business.

henry007:

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:25am On Mar 26, 2019
bigtt76:
I get you clearer now. The issue is customer care agents are the last to know of these things. Vodafone Ghana last weekaunched into 4G and I asked their customer care agent what band they're going to operate on, the response I got was similar to yours. I was told to wait till their official launch later in the day before they can say. Meanwhile people were already getting connected. Most companies underrate their customer care agents too much and this is not good for business.

You'll be shocked they're using mtn Ghana
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by anonymousey: 7:27am On Mar 26, 2019
bigtt76:

Often customer care agents are not staff of the company as that department is usually outsourced to say cost. And the outsourcing company is unlikely to have as much information as direct employees and also will employ the cheapest labor they can find to make more profit and not invest in training like they should.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Youngsage: 7:33am On Mar 26, 2019
sureteeboy:
lol grin grin grin He should be comparing the Infinix Note 5 with 42k Redmi 6. That's the closest thing to it in terms of specs
Even the note 5A prime is a better performer than the infinix, imo...

(1) (2) (3) ... (4571) (4572) (4573) (4574) (4575) (4576) (4577) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.