Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,181 members, 7,815,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4614) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9184498 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4611) (4612) (4613) (4614) (4615) (4616) (4617) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 10:29pm On Apr 02, 2019
ElvisMcCoy:
Ah! He's the CEO himself Ke.
God bless Alhaji Lei Jun
Tuale sir...

One cold bottle of zobo for ypu my guy...

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 10:31pm On Apr 02, 2019
kallmemrB:
As much as I admire Xiaomi though and currently using one of their low budget phones, one thing I noticed on this thread is we overhyped the brand as if its better than Samsung or huawei.. But funnily when someone with a lesser brand hype their phone we tend to condemn it... Xiaomi doesn't have a stand in Nigeria but I can bet you when they fully integrate into our market they will become as useless as tecno and Infinix....

Remember likes of tecno and Infinix started with low budget but awesome phones until they became Oga....

Worldwide the Xiaomi Brand is kinda accepted with targeted market but if they start targeting our market this low cost stuff will definitely change...

Poco is 100 k plus Samsung and IPhone are more expensivve.... SO CUT Infinix some slacks though...

Let's just enjoy our Xiaomi
everyone said it all
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:32pm On Apr 02, 2019
IKON360:

your worthlessness and uselessness is beyond proof. Dumb bastard.
You think everyone is dropout like you and emptyheaded members of your waste of a family?? Go and die dimwit and get off my case

If you feel offended by his statement go personal with him and leave out his family.

Peace.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by veramani31: 10:36pm On Apr 02, 2019
Mi band 3 one week in

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 10:41pm On Apr 02, 2019
genius43:

If you feel offended by his statement go personal with him and leave out his family.

Peace.
da lawyer blood too dey hot grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 10:47pm On Apr 02, 2019
who watched tvc news @ 10:32pm today .....please how dat dat trash called tecno spark 3 got to news, even in d launch footage shown, 16+1 was written on d screen....theyno get shame, they were only talking about AI emoji ...their audience ehnnn...lemme nor talk şha

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tqsmile: 10:47pm On Apr 02, 2019
IKON360:

your worthlessness and uselessness is beyond proof. Dumb bastard.
You think everyone is dropout like you and emptyheaded members of your waste of a family?? Go and die dimwit and get off my case

Please sir, don't be like this. Haba, this is much on your part. Aren't we supposed to be one family here? Abeg apologise for the love of God.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sexiestharam(f): 10:53pm On Apr 02, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
who watched tvc news @ 10:32pm today .....please how dat dat trash called tecno spark 3 got to news, even in d launch footage shown, 16+1 was written on d screen....theyno get shame, they were only talking about AI emoji ...their audience ehnnn...lemme nor talk şha
grin. If you dey laugh people wey dey buy 1g ram and 16g storage for 32k, wetin you go talk about those wey dey buy used iPhone6s 2g ram/16g storage for 65k?Phone wey them release for 2015!Just because of name! And they dey rush am o. I tire for Naija. Nigerians no dey check for quality and review before them buy phone. Na just name!

9 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 10:55pm On Apr 02, 2019
genius43:

Peace.
and that dude is someone I've been respecting on this thread. I'm handling costly post graduate programs, insulting my education is an insult of those financing it, an insult of my family.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:57pm On Apr 02, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:

AI is the new marketing strategy that they are adopting, when AI don turn standard feature and other OEMs no dey use am brag again
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 10:59pm On Apr 02, 2019
tqsmile:

Please sir, don't be like this. Haba, this is much on your part. Aren't we supposed to be one family here? Abeg apologise for the love of God.
boss how is this on my part please?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by alosbaba007(m): 11:02pm On Apr 02, 2019
veramani31:
Mi band 3 one week in

You turned off all the features the band needs to work as a fitness /smart band, you can as well call it a digital watch, enable those options to use ur smart band to the fullest but battery life will be sacrificed. U cant eat ur cake and have it at d same time. Lol
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by alosbaba007(m): 11:12pm On Apr 02, 2019
sexiestharam:

grin. If you dey laugh people wey dey buy 1g ram and 16g storage for 32k, wetin you go talk about those wey dey buy used iPhone6s 2g ram/16g storage for 65k?Phone wey them release for 2015!Just because of name! And they dey rush am o. I tire for Naija. Nigerians no dey check for quality and review before them buy phone. Na just name!

Add the crappy 1715mah battery wey dey inside it, some of my big bros friends believes uk used fones are d best and dey pay high price for it, a friend saw d picture output of my sis RN6 PRO she could nt believe it dt a small android fone can beat her almighty icrap, na so she dump her iphone 7 plus. All the pictures dt were taken dt day were done with d RN6 PRO. she walks around everyday with a power bank to charge her Iphone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sexiestharam(f): 11:17pm On Apr 02, 2019
alosbaba007:

Add the crappy 1715mah battery wey dey inside it, some of my big bros friends believes uk used fones are d best and dey pay high price for it, a friend saw d picture output of my sis RN6 PRO she could nt believe it dt a small android fone can beat her almighty icrap, na so she dump her iphone 7 plus. All the pictures dt were taken dt day were done with d RN6 PRO. she walks around everyday with a power bank to charge her Iphone.
grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 11:25pm On Apr 02, 2019
IKON360:

and that dude is someone I've been respecting on this thread. I'm handling costly post graduate programs, insulting my education is an insult of those financing it, an insult of my family.
bro....u know that there re some things people will do to u da will pain u reach soul, but u know, sometimes we just have to overlook it and calm ourselves in ourminds...u know we're one huge fam, u aint new here... so just let it go baba

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 11:27pm On Apr 02, 2019
alosbaba007:

omo this ne is new oo...rn6p cam beating i7plus....henry007 comma hear new one oo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 11:31pm On Apr 02, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
bro....u know that there re some things people will do to u da will pain u reach soul, but u know, sometimes we just have to overlook it and calm ourselves in ourminds...u know we're one huge fam, u aint new here... so just let it go baba
thanx, the thing is I didn't even mention him, or quote him. The person I was referring to didn't even take offence.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 11:32pm On Apr 02, 2019
sexiestharam:

d iphone has a good sofware nd optimization, clear camera, processing power, attention grabbing aesthetic (especially d logo) ....its also a symbol of love nd progress in Nigeria. ....but d only issue I have is why tf will someone buy a 16gb iphone....ehn
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 11:33pm On Apr 02, 2019
IKON360:

thanx, the thing is I didn't even mention him, or quote him. The person I was referring to didn't even take offence.
guy ...just forget those ones
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 11:53pm On Apr 02, 2019
genius43:

Peace.
ok, thank you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 11:59pm On Apr 02, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
d iphone has a good sofware nd optimization, clear camera, processing power, attention grabbing aesthetic (especially d logo) ....its also a symbol of love nd progress in Nigeria. ....but d only issue I have is why tf will someone buy a 16gb iphone....ehn
personally, the only Iphone that impresses me is Iphone X, but you are right, why on earth will someone buy phone of 16gb internal storage? Even if you have access to sure data and streaming services, 16gb is still small. PUBG is 2gb, asphalt 9 is almost 2gb, PES 2019 is 800mb+, GTA san andreas is 2.6gb. Blu ray movies of 720p are 800mb+or-... 16gb is already filling up
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:38am On Apr 03, 2019
Gptech:

Samsung galaxy note 9 clone lipsrsealed.

But come to think of it, I hardly see all these cloned Samsung phones like in those days grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OLADO(m): 3:25am On Apr 03, 2019
GrandMufti:

But come to think of it, I hardly see all these cloned Samsung phones like in those days grin

Here is one

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OLADO(m): 3:30am On Apr 03, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bobo65(m): 4:09am On Apr 03, 2019
sexiestharam:
Gcam + pocophone na die. I never see phone wey sweet me like this walahi.

Did u root to install it or just straight installation?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olukiesy(m): 4:18am On Apr 03, 2019
Watch YouTube video for review via.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRqiw4KBtvg
XIAOMI MI 9 REVIEW
Link for reviewhttps://netwyz..com/2019/03/xiaomi-mi-9-review.html , THE Mi 9 is the company's first smartphone to pack Qualcomm's latest chipset - the Snapdragon 855. The new processor and graphics are pretty exciting even if 5G isn't part of the package.

Just like the Mi 8, the Mi 9 employs the dual-glass sandwich design with a metal frame sitting between two sheets of Gorilla Glass. The AMOLED screen grew taller, while the notch and the bezels have shrunk. And now there is an under-display fingerprint sensor on all versions, previously available only on the Mi 8 Pro.

Probably the most interesting bit of the Mi 9 is its main camera - the first triple setup on a Xiaomi phone ever. It's the most versatile kind too - a regular snapper, an ultra-wide cam, and a 2x zoom shooter.

The Mi 9 supports faster wired charging than the Mi 8, but more excitingly it comes with the fastest wireless charging of any phone to date, rated at up to 20W. The software package befits a flagship too - Android Pie with MIUI 10. Before we continue let's have a closer look at all the Mi 9 highlights

Xiaomi Mi 9 specs

Body: aluminum frame, Gorilla Glass 6 front, Gorilla Glass 5 back;
Display: 6.39" Super AMOLED, 2,340x1,080px resolution, 18.7:9 aspect ratio, 402ppi; HDR 10 and DCI-P3 compliant.
Triple rear camera: Wide - 48MP f/1.75, 1/2", 0.8µm pixel size, laser and PDAF; Telephoto - 12MP, f/2.2 aperture, 2x zoom; Ultra-wide - 16MP, f/2.2 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size; 2160p@60/30fps.
Front camera: 20MP, 0.9µm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture; 1080p/30fps video recording.
Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855: octa-core CPU (4x2.84 GHz Kryo 485 Gold & 4x1.7 GHz Kryo 485 Silver), Adreno 640 GPU.
Memory: 6/8GB of RAM; 64/256GB storage; no microSD slot.
Battery: 3,300mAh Li-Po (sealed); 27W wired (Charge Turbo) and 20W wireless fast charging.
Connectivity: Dual-SIM; LTE-A, 4-Band carrier aggregation, Cat.16/13 (1Gbps/150Mbps); USB-C; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; dual-band GPS; Bluetooth 5.0
Misc: Under-display fingerprint reader; single down-firing speaker; no 3.5mm jack

Xiaomi has never launched a certified waterproof smartphone and if you expected the Mi 9 to have an IP rating - we have to disappoint you. The other less than ideal bits are the lack of a 3.5mm audio port and stereo speakers. Even the Pocophone F1 had two speakers, so why the cutting-edge Mi 9 lacks those is rather hard to explain.
Xiaomi was never big on memory expansion so the lack of a microSD card slot is more or less expected. Now let's get this review started, shall we?
Xiaomi Mi 9 retail package
Our Mi 9 review unit arrived without its official box, but we did get most of the bundle - the phone is packed with an 18W charger, a USB-C cable, and a 3.5mm-to-USB adapter. A protective case should be part of the package, too, but we didn't get one in time for this review.

Xiaomi is going to sell the super fast 20W wireless charging mat bundled with a 27W wired charger. The 2-in-1 bandle will cost just $20 and will let you maximize the charging potential of your new Mi 9, so it sounds like a great deal.
Plus the 27W charger is not sold separately there's no other way to get the fast 27W wired charging even if you don't care about the wireless mat. View link to show full review via https://netwyz..com/2019/03/xiaomi-mi-9-review.html
ibawon:
This is the first time I'd be using a Xiaomi device(Redmi 3 Pro). It's cool and kind of odd when people ask you the kind of phone you Use and you say Xiaomi (most people do not know jack about it).
I just want we using this device regardless the model to meet here and share tips on how to get the best out of it eg. Rooting, unlocking, flashing, Upgrading, etc.
Please lets make this work and Shout out to @elijahdre for getting me this wonderful device.
WATCH YOUTUBE VIDEO FOR REVIEW

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by isco10(m): 5:13am On Apr 03, 2019
Folafikemi:
Good day house I really will appreciate your candid advice and opinions on this phone issue.

Will be relocating soon outta Naija and I need to buy a phone that has a global reception both in Nigeria and Canada and I don't want a Samsung phone cos of its fragile nature. I have searched all over and the best I came up with is iPhone and I don't like iPhone too.

Pls can Xiaomi phone be good for that, does it have a global baseband and what type of it's high-end phone can I buy that will meet my desire goal. Kindly help make this decision pls. Thanks
Try Xiaomi Mi Mix series. Dy v global lte coverage. Check gsmarena.com (although not 100% correct) for full specifications

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CityNGR: 5:14am On Apr 03, 2019
Gptech:

Samsung galaxy note 9 clone lipsrsealed.
Do you sell?
Looking for a reason to change my redmi2A phone!!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sexiestharam(f): 5:28am On Apr 03, 2019
bobo65:

Did u root to install it or just straight installation?
Straight installation.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bobo65(m): 5:51am On Apr 03, 2019
sexiestharam:

Straight installation.

Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bobo65(m): 5:54am On Apr 03, 2019
Folafikemi:
Good day house I really will appreciate your candid advice and opinions on this phone issue.

Will be relocating soon outta Naija and I need to buy a phone that has a global reception both in Nigeria and Canada and I don't want a Samsung phone cos of its fragile nature. I have searched all over and the best I came up with is iPhone and I don't like iPhone too.

Pls can Xiaomi phone be good for that, does it have a global baseband and what type of it's high-end phone can I buy that will meet my desire goal. Kindly help make this decision pls. Thanks

Mi Mix 2 available
6gb ram
64gb rom
Super cute for ladies
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bobo65(m): 5:54am On Apr 03, 2019
olukiesy:
Watch YouTube video for review via.

XIAOMI MI 9 REVIEW
Link for reviewhttps://netwyz..com/2019/03/xiaomi-mi-9-review.html , THE Mi 9 is the company's first smartphone to pack Qualcomm's latest chipset - the Snapdragon 855. The new processor and graphics are pretty exciting even if 5G isn't part of the package.

Just like the Mi 8, the Mi 9 employs the dual-glass sandwich design with a metal frame sitting between two sheets of Gorilla Glass. The AMOLED screen grew taller, while the notch and the bezels have shrunk. And now there is an under-display fingerprint sensor on all versions, previously available only on the Mi 8 Pro.

Probably the most interesting bit of the Mi 9 is its main camera - the first triple setup on a Xiaomi phone ever. It's the most versatile kind too - a regular snapper, an ultra-wide cam, and a 2x zoom shooter.

The Mi 9 supports faster wired charging than the Mi 8, but more excitingly it comes with the fastest wireless charging of any phone to date, rated at up to 20W. The software package befits a flagship too - Android Pie with MIUI 10. Before we continue let's have a closer look at all the Mi 9 highlights

Xiaomi Mi 9 specs

Body: aluminum frame, Gorilla Glass 6 front, Gorilla Glass 5 back;
Display: 6.39" Super AMOLED, 2,340x1,080px resolution, 18.7:9 aspect ratio, 402ppi; HDR 10 and DCI-P3 compliant.
Triple rear camera: Wide - 48MP f/1.75, 1/2", 0.8µm pixel size, laser and PDAF; Telephoto - 12MP, f/2.2 aperture, 2x zoom; Ultra-wide - 16MP, f/2.2 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size; 2160p@60/30fps.
Front camera: 20MP, 0.9µm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture; 1080p/30fps video recording.
Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855: octa-core CPU (4x2.84 GHz Kryo 485 Gold & 4x1.7 GHz Kryo 485 Silver), Adreno 640 GPU.
Memory: 6/8GB of RAM; 64/256GB storage; no microSD slot.
Battery: 3,300mAh Li-Po (sealed); 27W wired (Charge Turbo) and 20W wireless fast charging.
Connectivity: Dual-SIM; LTE-A, 4-Band carrier aggregation, Cat.16/13 (1Gbps/150Mbps); USB-C; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; dual-band GPS; Bluetooth 5.0
Misc: Under-display fingerprint reader; single down-firing speaker; no 3.5mm jack

Xiaomi has never launched a certified waterproof smartphone and if you expected the Mi 9 to have an IP rating - we have to disappoint you. The other less than ideal bits are the lack of a 3.5mm audio port and stereo speakers. Even the Pocophone F1 had two speakers, so why the cutting-edge Mi 9 lacks those is rather hard to explain.
Xiaomi was never big on memory expansion so the lack of a microSD card slot is more or less expected. Now let's get this review started, shall we?
Xiaomi Mi 9 retail package
Our Mi 9 review unit arrived without its official box, but we did get most of the bundle - the phone is packed with an 18W charger, a USB-C cable, and a 3.5mm-to-USB adapter. A protective case should be part of the package, too, but we didn't get one in time for this review.

Xiaomi is going to sell the super fast 20W wireless charging mat bundled with a 27W wired charger. The 2-in-1 bandle will cost just $20 and will let you maximize the charging potential of your new Mi 9, so it sounds like a great deal.
Plus the 27W charger is not sold separately there's no other way to get the fast 27W wired charging even if you don't care about the wireless mat. View link to show full review via https://netwyz..com/2019/03/xiaomi-mi-9-review.html
WATCH YOUTUBE VIDEO FOR REVIEW

Ugly phone
Looks like oukitel c8

(1) (2) (3) ... (4611) (4612) (4613) (4614) (4615) (4616) (4617) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ewerex(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.