Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4615) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9356991 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4612) (4613) (4614) (4615) (4616) (4617) (4618) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 5:54am On Apr 03, 2019
IKON360:

boss how is this on my part please?

Ok it still baffles me how people are so super comfortable dragging people's family and literally wishing ill or death on them. I will never ever understand that part. Is it that people just throw caution to the wind and don't give a damn? You crossed a line and nothing you say can justify your response. Really lack of class and says so much about you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 5:56am On Apr 03, 2019
bobo65:

Did u root to install it or just straight installation?

Nah just install the apk, supports camera2api by default.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bobo65(m): 6:03am On Apr 03, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Nah just install the apk, supports camera2api by default.

Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Humblega(m): 6:18am On Apr 03, 2019
Folafikemi:
Good day house I really will appreciate your candid advice and opinions on this phone issue.

Will be relocating soon outta Naija and I need to buy a phone that has a global reception both in Nigeria and Canada and I don't want a Samsung phone cos of its fragile nature. I have searched all over and the best I came up with is iPhone and I don't like iPhone too.

Pls can Xiaomi phone be good for that, does it have a global baseband and what type of it's high-end phone can I buy that will meet my desire goal. Kindly help make this decision pls. Thanks

Here is wot I got on internet concerning their top network providers LTE bands. Let search phones with this.....

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Baroba(m): 6:29am On Apr 03, 2019
alosbaba007:

You turned off all the features the band needs to work as a fitness /smart band, you can as well call it a digital watch, enable those options to use ur smart band to the fullest but battery life will be sacrificed. U cant eat ur cake and have it at d same time. Lol

The Mi Band 3 have a battery life of 25 - 30 days, thanks to its monochrome screen. I have been using this since last yesr, and the only feature I switched off was what's app .I hated the constant vibration on my wrist from the numerous groups I belong to and the text appeared disjointed due to the curved screen.... With the pedometer, alarm, and fitness tracking turned on, it still maintains a solid 15 - 25 day battery life depending on how many notifications received from apps.. I recently bought the honor band 4 from Huawei which has an amoled screen and better sleep monitoring and exercise function imho, the battery last for at least five days..It cost around $25 on Ali, personally I believe it's a better product than the Mi band series, and I have owned the Mi band 1,2 and now 3.. see pictures of honor 4 sleep and fitness tracking for those interested..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dcolumbus001: 6:33am On Apr 03, 2019
IKON360:

personally, the only Iphone that impresses me is Iphone X, but you are right, why on earth will someone buy phone of 16gb internal storage? Even if you have access to sure data and streaming services, 16gb is still small. PUBG is 2gb, asphalt 9 is almost 2gb, PES 2019 is 800mb+, GTA san andreas is 2.6gb. Blu ray movies of 720p are 800mb+or-... 16gb is already filling up
how do I download all this games
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rust6(m): 6:34am On Apr 03, 2019
Please gurus in the house what should I reply this store.
I ordered mi9 via DHL
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pharmtasy(m): 6:59am On Apr 03, 2019
Folafikemi:
Good day house I really will appreciate your candid advice and opinions on this phone issue.

Will be relocating soon outta Naija and I need to buy a phone that has a global reception both in Nigeria and Canada and I don't want a Samsung phone cos of its fragile nature. I have searched all over and the best I came up with is iPhone and I don't like iPhone too.

Pls can Xiaomi phone be good for that, does it have a global baseband and what type of it's high-end phone can I buy that will meet my desire goal. Kindly help make this decision pls. Thanks
Just go for galaxy note 9 or S10+
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 7:15am On Apr 03, 2019
Humblega:

Here is wot I got on internet concerning their top network providers LTE bands. Let search phones with this.....

OnePlus, Samsung flagships.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sexiestharam(f): 7:21am On Apr 03, 2019
bobo65:

Thanks
I updated my phone to miui10. 2.3 and android pie. I then downloaded the apk from xda developers website.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 7:31am On Apr 03, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Ok it still baffles me how people are so super comfortable dragging people's family and literally wishing ill or death on them. I will never ever understand that part. Is it that people just throw caution to the wind and don't give a damn? You crossed a line and nothing you say can justify your response. Really lack of class and says so much about you.
shhhhhhhh...jump nd pass like d way grandmufti did grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bobo65(m): 7:32am On Apr 03, 2019
sexiestharam:

I updated my phone to miui10. 2.3 and android pie. I then downloaded the apk from xda developers website.

U have link to d exact gcam u downloaded?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 7:33am On Apr 03, 2019
bobo65:

Ugly phone Looks like oukitel c8
where did I drop dat shotgun sef?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saintkenny(m): 7:37am On Apr 03, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:

grin
tell them wella ..
modified: 10% of the official phone price
Na today we Dey ask seller to declare phone as gift?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sexiestharam(f): 7:42am On Apr 03, 2019
bobo65:

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397888244. I posted it here yesterday but another nairaland said he couldn't download it. It might work for you because that was the link I used.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saintkenny(m): 7:47am On Apr 03, 2019
sexiestharam:

grin. If you dey laugh people wey dey buy 1g ram and 16g storage for 32k, wetin you go talk about those wey dey buy used iPhone6s 2g ram/16g storage for 65k?Phone wey them release for 2015!Just because of name! And they dey rush am o. I tire for Naija. Nigerians no dey check for quality and review before them buy phone. Na just name!

I will not click the like button to prevent them from coming for your head but know just one thing
you've become the shining light which obliterates darkness, you're the clarion that no shenanigan can silence, you're delivered

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sexiestharam(f): 7:49am On Apr 03, 2019
bobo65:

You can also go through this link https://forum.xda-developers.com/poco-f1/themes/b-s-g-google-camera-port-developed-mi-8-t3843130
Then click show full post, then scroll down and click on the download link MGC_6.1.021_V2e+.
I hope this helps. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sexiestharam(f): 7:51am On Apr 03, 2019
saintkenny:

I will not click the like button to prevent them from coming for your head but know just one thing
you've become the shining light which obliterates darkness, you're the clarion that no shenanigan can silence, you're delivered
Lol. Thanks. wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saintkenny(m): 7:58am On Apr 03, 2019
OLADO:

Here is one
Even on Jumia? grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by daamazing(m): 8:04am On Apr 03, 2019
Who has RN5 or Redmi 5+ in lag?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bobo65(m): 8:14am On Apr 03, 2019
daamazing:
Who has RN5 or Redmi 5+ in lag?

Me
Like new
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bobo65(m): 8:15am On Apr 03, 2019
sexiestharam:

You can also go through this link https://forum.xda-developers.com/poco-f1/themes/b-s-g-google-camera-port-developed-mi-8-t3843130
Then click show full post, then scroll down and click on the download link MGC_6.1.021_V2e+.
I hope this helps. smiley

Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by daamazing(m): 8:17am On Apr 03, 2019
bobo65:

Me
Like new
I need new angry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kehnnny(m): 8:22am On Apr 03, 2019
Good morning... please I need redmi note 5 screen...I got my phone screen broken yesterday and it's getting worse.... please drop your number if you have in stock now or if u can get it in a week.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by donprosper6(m): 8:23am On Apr 03, 2019
alosbaba007:

Add the crappy 1715mah battery wey dey inside it, some of my big bros friends believes uk used fones are d best and dey pay high price for it, a friend saw d picture output of my sis RN6 PRO she could nt believe it dt a small android fone can beat her almighty icrap, na so she dump her iphone 7 plus. All the pictures dt were taken dt day were done with d RN6 PRO. she walks around everyday with a power bank to charge her Iphone.

stop lying nah note 6 pro camera is not even better than That of iPhone 7
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by donprosper6(m): 8:24am On Apr 03, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
omo this ne is new oo...rn6p cam beating i7plus....henry007 comma hear new one oo

even poco f1 couldn't beat that of 7 plus na redmi note 6 pro... lol
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:26am On Apr 03, 2019
saintkenny:

grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:26am On Apr 03, 2019
sexiestharam:

You don dey Waka o. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:27am On Apr 03, 2019
Baroba:

The Mi Band 3 have a battery life of 25 - 30 days, thanks to its monochrome screen. I have been using this since last yesr, and the only feature I switched off was what's app .I hated the constant vibration on my wrist from the numerous groups I belong to and the text appeared disjointed due to the curved screen.... With the pedometer, alarm, and fitness tracking turned on, it still maintains a solid 15 - 25 day battery life depending on how many notifications received from apps.. I recently bought the honor band 4 from Huawei which has an amoled screen and better sleep monitoring and exercise function imho, the battery last for at least five days..It cost around $25 on Ali, personally I believe it's a better product than the Mi band series, and I have owned the Mi band 1,2 and now 3.. see pictures of honor 4 sleep and fitness tracking for those interested..

Interesting comparison kiss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:27am On Apr 03, 2019
OLADO:

Here is one

Na wa o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by donprosper6(m): 8:36am On Apr 03, 2019
IKON360:

personally, the only Iphone that impresses me is Iphone X, but you are right, why on earth will someone buy phone of 16gb internal storage? Even if you have access to sure data and streaming services, 16gb is still small. PUBG is 2gb, asphalt 9 is almost 2gb, PES 2019 is 800mb+, GTA san andreas is 2.6gb. Blu ray movies of 720p are 800mb+or-... 16gb is already filling up

not everybody play games or heavy games with either phone, people like me just play music, take pictures and stream videos online.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by veramani31: 8:37am On Apr 03, 2019
alosbaba007:

You turned off all the features the band needs to work as a fitness /smart band, you can as well call it a digital watch, enable those options to use ur smart band to the fullest but battery life will be sacrificed. U cant eat ur cake and have it at d same time. Lol

I really don't need them right now lol. But your point is taken and I'd enable more

(1) (2) (3) ... (4612) (4613) (4614) (4615) (4616) (4617) (4618) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.