Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4667) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9285567 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4664) (4665) (4666) (4667) (4668) (4669) (4670) ... (9322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by StRichard(m): 12:25pm On Apr 12, 2019
2kurupt:

It can but the frustration you'll get from either EFCC or Nigerian police (not like they're different anyway) will be far more than the actual crime. The banks too are usually slow and will keep stalling like you're bugging them.

For the EFCC, You'll be asked to open "file" of which cost shall depend on what you've lost & your net worth.
You'll pay to get documents e.g. affidavit, warrants etc at ridiculous costs, Virtually every move they make will be financed by you angry

Guy, just pray you'll never experience such theft in order not to use their services
Nigeria is messed up.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mindtricks: 12:39pm On Apr 12, 2019
OCTAVO:

I think it's now advisable to be using sim lock.
It has always been. It's been rather baffling how many choose not to.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mindtricks: 12:43pm On Apr 12, 2019
saintkenny:

I just did.
A line of caution though! If you're activating it for the first time on Airtel SIM, Keep your PUK number nearby for which you might need your SIM pack. This almost cost me an important call just now.

Shalom
Yes of course. Securing your SIM Pack, puk & serial numbers arew equally important. They are strong proof of ownership of your line.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saintkenny(m): 12:45pm On Apr 12, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Exactly, took it up with that silly diamond bank. We kept going back and forth with no result, I moved on and found closure.

You made closure sound as simple as a 7 letter word but we know it wasn't this simple grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saintkenny(m): 12:47pm On Apr 12, 2019
macbeyland:

I just got out of my own jail now. Was trying to activate sim lock on my mtn line, not knowing that I had tried the pin wrongly 2x previously. The third one locked me out and demanded for puk. I don't know where I kept my sim pack. I had to call customer care. After series of questioning, they gave me the puk.
Those customer care agent would make you feel like you were being interrogated by CID. I had to borrow somebody's phone to call home and ask for my PUK
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by donprosper6(m): 12:58pm On Apr 12, 2019
genius43:

Yes the India version is 12mp but if you can afford the pro why not buy that one

it's beyond my budget.. wish I can.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mindtricks: 12:59pm On Apr 12, 2019
2kurupt:

See that's why I said the financial crimes enforcement agennithcies EFCC, ICPC are overwhelmed or just don't want to do their jobs. Since every account is now tied to a BVN owned by a walk-in customer then getting a warrant to flag the recipient's account, tracking and getting the person arrested shouldn't be as hard as rocket science.

But then the EFCC is just an extension of the Nigerian police which speaks volumes on their level of efficiency and professionalism in carrying out simple tasks.
You said it all. Why many of us are so pained kind of country, kind of system we run.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 1:03pm On Apr 12, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by blackiridis(m): 1:15pm On Apr 12, 2019
saintkenny:

I just did.
A line of caution though! If you're activating it for the first time on Airtel SIM, Keep your PUK number nearby for which you might need your SIM pack. This almost cost me an important call just now.

Shalom
i blocked my MTN sim trying to activate it (forgot my previous pin. Old sim)
and the sim pack is long gone had to contact MTN on Facebook was asked some sim registration questions which i answered and got the PUK back. cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by femimike1(m): 1:17pm On Apr 12, 2019
2kurupt:

Why didn't you activate the mi cloud when the option was just there?

Snapdragon chipset doesn't allow for easy change of IMEI number and most engineers don't have the resources to go thru the rigorous process.

I have the MI cloud account on it . With my username and password . But anytime I input a new sim , it doesn't stop me from using it , I only swipe the notifications away if it ask me to activate the new sim for mi account .

What are the process I need to take in order to track it

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by blackiridis(m): 1:17pm On Apr 12, 2019
macbeyland:

I just got out of my own jail now. Was trying to activate sim lock on my mtn line, not knowing that I had tried the pin wrongly 2x previously. The third one locked me out and demanded for puk. I don't know where I kept my sim pack. I had to call customer care. After series of questioning, they gave me the puk.
me too grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 1:28pm On Apr 12, 2019
saintkenny:

You made closure sound as simple as a 7 letter word but we know it wasn't this simple grin

Siddon there, I can't come and die. I was grateful that it was only 100k that they stole, what if they had gone away with everything? I counted my blessings and found closure ni o.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 1:33pm On Apr 12, 2019
Macbeyland did you answer all these questions correctly?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 1:41pm On Apr 12, 2019
femimike1:

I have the MI cloud account on it . With my username and password . But anytime I input a new sim , it doesn't stop me from using it , I only swipe the notifications away if it ask me to activate the new sim for mi account .

What are the process I need to take in order to track it
Was password/fingerprint not set on the device?

Mi Cloud is not designed to prevent another SIM from being used on the phone. But it can be used to lock the phone, erase its content or track the location of the phone.

Login into your Mi account on a PC then you can lock as well as send a message to the thief on how to return it. Once you've activated the "Find my phone" feature on the PC the criminal can't flash or have access to the phone.

But all these are only possible if you logged in your Mi account on the phone & it's data is turned on.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kayboogie(m): 1:45pm On Apr 12, 2019
Hi guys, I just bought the redmi 6a and I can say the phone is worth much more than the selling price, But please where can I get case or pouch for the phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 1:52pm On Apr 12, 2019
busuyi44:

Yes I did. Only but a few.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 1:53pm On Apr 12, 2019
Kayboogie:
Hi guys, I just bought the redmi 6a and I can say the phone is worth much more than the selling price, But please where can I get case or pouch for the phone
AliExpress
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 2:39pm On Apr 12, 2019
Kayboogie:
jumia
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 2:42pm On Apr 12, 2019
busuyi44:
omo....this one pass jamb ooo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yak(m): 2:49pm On Apr 12, 2019
mindtricks:

Yes of course. Securing your SIM Pack, puk & serial numbers arew equally important. They are strong proof of ownership of your line.

I started using my mtn line in 2006. till date, am still using it; have lost the sim pack but I managed to copy the PUK on the back side of my Bible and its always safe. that Bible hardly go out as its very Big.

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 2:54pm On Apr 12, 2019
yak:

I started using my mtn line in 2006. till date, am still using it; have lost the sim pack but I managed to copy the PUK on the back side of my Bible and its always safe. that Bible hardly go out as its very Big.

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jinha(m): 2:54pm On Apr 12, 2019
my note 4x keeps blinking whenever i connect my charger ,it been dead for some days now...

how can i get it back on ?

is it the battery or what might be the cause
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saky18(m): 2:58pm On Apr 12, 2019
yak:

You have finally spilled the secret. Lol

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Opistorincos(m): 3:11pm On Apr 12, 2019
jinha:
my note 4x keeps blinking whenever i connect my charger ,it been dead for some days now...

how can i get it back on ?

is it the battery or what might be the cause

Open the back cover, remove the battery connector and reconnect it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saintkenny(m): 3:12pm On Apr 12, 2019
macbeyland:

Yes I did. Only but a few.

People like you be asking for extra sheets in exam shocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saintkenny(m): 3:14pm On Apr 12, 2019
yak:

Na SIM replacement get me else where will I find my Airtel SIM pack from 2004 wey I don move load uppandan tire
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jinha(m): 3:16pm On Apr 12, 2019
hello house,

please who have note 4x replacement battery for sale ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ypeace: 3:30pm On Apr 12, 2019
Please, does anyone have Redmi note 7 pro for sale? I will like to get it today or tomorrow.

Also, I need Redmi note 2 prime's battery. Does anyone have it for sale?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jinha(m): 3:37pm On Apr 12, 2019
just did ,still the same

Opistorincos:

Open the back cover, remove the battery connector and reconnect it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mikeycharles(m): 3:39pm On Apr 12, 2019
busuyi44:
Na wa for MTN o: I go just buy another SIM
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saky18(m): 3:52pm On Apr 12, 2019
mikeycharles:
Na wa for MTN o: I go just buy another SIM

Easier said than done. A sim that is tied to virtually everything about you - bank, business, friends, family etc. You will just throw it away just like that. I salute you o

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kayboogie(m): 3:53pm On Apr 12, 2019
busuyi44:

AliExpress
it says I should would have to buy in bulk there on AliExpress, minimum of ten items

(1) (2) (3) ... (4664) (4665) (4666) (4667) (4668) (4669) (4670) ... (9322) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Prechy2836(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.