Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,362 members, 7,826,426 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4664) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9271739 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4661) (4662) (4663) (4664) (4665) (4666) (4667) ... (9321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:10pm On Apr 11, 2019
donprosper6:

I have someone is India that will return here next week I can tell him to get it for me.

Well if the person can get it during the flash sale as it isn't readily available in stock.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by naijasensei: 9:12pm On Apr 11, 2019
dahgifted:
what do you mean by stock android and miui skinned please kindly elaborate and also what can 6 pro do that a2 lite can't and vice versa

Stock Android is pure Android, just like the folks at Google prepared it; material design, no bloatware, fast OTA updates, etc.

MIUI is an Android skin from Xiaomi, it is a skin because under the hood it is still Android, just that it has been modified. For instance, most of the icons have been changed, there is no app drawer, most apps have also been substituted with Xiaomi's versions, in short the whole look and feel is different from stock Android.

Mi A2 lite can do whatever the Redmi 6 pro can do, they are like twins dressed in different clothes. The major difference will be that the A2 lite will receive Android one updates, while the 6 pro will receive MIUI updates. Also the A2 lite will have no bloatware, while the 6 pro is likely to have some bloatware.

P.S: Be careful when ordering the Redmi 6 pro though, make sure you purchase only one that has its box sealed; lest you purchase one with the dreaded shop ROM (fake ROM), a sure path to brickland if there ever was one.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 9:21pm On Apr 11, 2019
Good evening people, please Redmi note 7 users, how is call volume when using ear piece or headset?? Is audio quality loud or just there
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IMAliyu(m): 9:24pm On Apr 11, 2019
Anyone here with experience in ordering phones from aliexpress?
Do you pay custom duties, if so how much?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 11, 2019
genius43:

On band 28 nope, but if you are lucky to be in selected areas in Lagos and Ibadan where Glo has added band 3 then it is possible
thanks, what's the current price for the phone??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:30pm On Apr 11, 2019
Nuel182:
thanks, what's the current price for the phone??

Don't know but you can check AliExpress or consult any of our reliable touts
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fantilopezzy: 9:33pm On Apr 11, 2019
genius43:

Don't know but you can check AliExpress or consult any of our reliable touts
70 - 7 5k
fir the 4gb ram 64gb rom configuration
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by donprosper6(m): 9:33pm On Apr 11, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Well if the person can get it during the flash sale as it isn't readily available in stock.

I want him to get the note 7 but I guess it's 12mp
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fantilopezzy: 9:34pm On Apr 11, 2019
IKON360:
Good evening people, please Redmi note 7 users, how is call volume when using ear piece or headset?? Is audio quality loud or just there
oga gptech hwfa you no 1 buy note 7 seven again
abi nah mi9 ??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fantilopezzy: 9:34pm On Apr 11, 2019
naijasensei:

Stock Android is pure Android, just like the folks at Google prepared it; material design, no bloatware, fast OTA updates, etc.

MIUI is an Android skin from Xiaomi, it is a skin because under the hood it is still Android, just that it has been modified. For instance, most of the icons have been changed, there is no app drawer, most apps have also been substituted with Xiaomi's versions, in short the whole look and feel is different from stock Android.

Mi A2 lite can do whatever the Redmi 6 pro can do, they are like twins dressed in different clothes. The major difference will be that the A2 lite will receive Android one updates, while the 6 pro will receive MIUI updates. Also the A2 lite will have no bloatware, while the 6 pro is likely to have some bloatware.

P.S: Be careful when ordering the Redmi 6 pro though, make sure you purchase only one that has its box sealed; lest you purchase one with the dreaded shop ROM (fake ROM), a sure path to brickland if there ever was one.
i hate brickland

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tidedroid: 9:52pm On Apr 11, 2019
Itzneowizy:
Really starting to like this Nokia X5 due to the frequent mentions and reference the device is getting...my only ish is the ba3....i know it's processor optimizes it well enough to last..but being a heavy user( not a gamer tho..use to be) i still kinda prefer a 4000 mah ba3...like those in infinix/tecno (sorry for mentioning those devices grin)Although those phones are not as fast as the X5 i think their processor optimizes the ba3 well enuf for the 4000mah to last longer than a 3060mah in X5....I want an honest opinion from someone with experience on both a 4000mah phone and the current nokia X5....Does the Nokia X5 last as long as lets say infinix hot S3-X..with a 4000mah??....
its much more powerful than my redmi note 5 but battery life is between 5-7hrs depending on usage while on d redmi note 5 its between 7-10+ hrs depending on ur usage

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 11, 2019
If I order from AliExpress, does it come straight to my address or nearest Nipost office??
And re they still doing that hefty charges
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:54pm On Apr 11, 2019
donprosper6:

I want him to get the note 7 but I guess it's 12mp

Yes the India version is 12mp but if you can afford the pro why not buy that one
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:55pm On Apr 11, 2019
Nuel182:
If I order from AliExpress, does it come straight to my address or nearest Nipost office??
And re they still doing that hefty charges

Nearest post office except if you choose DHL. Hefty charges have been very minimal of late.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mindtricks: 9:59pm On Apr 11, 2019
mikeycharles:
Beer parlor Really? A beer parlor where no drinks are been served! Which kind beer parlor be that

Fresh Xiaomi and other juicy phones gists are continually being served here, you forgot? grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Itzneowizy(m): 10:06pm On Apr 11, 2019
tidedroid:
its much more powerful than my redmi note 5 but battery life is between 5-7hrs depending on usage while on d redmi note 5 its between 7-10+ hrs depending on ur usage
Damn...ba3 is just the downside for me...grt specs poor ba3...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Horiolah(m): 10:08pm On Apr 11, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
what?? ?? ?? ...I go sha sell am buy 6a

LOL. na good phone na
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mindtricks: 10:34pm On Apr 11, 2019
bigtt76:
Exactly! I lost about 1TB of data recently and I never know what to do yet ...ar taya sef. Right now I use cloud storage + email box cheesy

Sorry for your loss. Was thinking having a duplicate/mirror of that drive which is to be updated from time to time would have helped too.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 11, 2019
genius43:

On band 28 nope, but if you are lucky to be in selected areas in Lagos and Ibadan where Glo has added band 3 then it is possible
i though note 6 pro supports band 28
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:42pm On Apr 11, 2019
Nuel182:
i though note 6 pro supports band 28

It doesn't but Mi 8 lite Global Version does
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by aezenkwu(m): 11:39pm On Apr 11, 2019
mistermorex:

I can help you get an unlimited storage with edu email that will be in your name.

You don't have to worry about space in the cloud anymore.

I'm interested pls how do I get it .chat me on 07037890136
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by femimike1(m): 5:11am On Apr 12, 2019
Good morning everyone , my redmi note4 has just been stolen this night cry cry . Please any help on how to track it ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 5:18am On Apr 12, 2019
femimike1:
Good morning everyone , my redmi note4 has just been stolen this night cry cry . Please any help on how to track it ?

Sorry for your loss, please call your banks so they can block your accounts with them because the thief might not even need your phone but your registered SIM. That's the most important and first thing to do right away, as to retrieve the phone I really dunno maybe others can help.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by femimike1(m): 5:28am On Apr 12, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Sorry for your loss, please call your banks so they can block your accounts with them because the thief might not even need your phone but your registered SIM. That's the most important and first thing to do right away, as to retrieve the phone I really dunno maybe others can help.

Thanks for the concern . My main sim isn't on the phone and I didn't have any mobile banking app on it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OLADO(m): 5:46am On Apr 12, 2019
femimike1:

Sorry.

If you have like 15 to 30k [not fixed] report at a police station division, and ask about tracking a stolen phone.
You will need the receipt/phone box [for proof of ownership] and the IMEI for the actual tracking.
Can take between 2weeks to be found.
However the bright side is every money spent will be refunded by the persons found in possession.
You can as well negotiate further for compensation or threaten you want to charge them to court.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1boylikevhis(m): 5:54am On Apr 12, 2019
My Redmi Note 7 just got an update that enables it to hide the notch at will or select individual apps, I was going to get the Mi 8 Lite for this very reason, I guess patience pays, a little forseeability too.

9 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saky18(m): 6:25am On Apr 12, 2019
Mfunkynation:
pls this tracking link thanks
I think your item has to enter Nigeria first before you can use it.
http://www.nipost.gov.ng/TrackConfirm_1.aspx
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by femimike1(m): 6:26am On Apr 12, 2019
OLADO:

Sorry.

If you have like 15 to 30k [not fixed] report at a police station division, and ask about tracking a stolen phone.
You will need the receipt/phone box [for proof of ownership] and the IMEI for the actual tracking.
Can take between 2weeks to be found.
However the bright side is every money spent will be refunded by the persons found in possession.
You can as well negotiate further for compensation or threaten you want to charge them to court.

Thanks for the concern boss. But do you think xiaomi phone security can be bypassed ? It's locked with password . Can it be formatted ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mfunkynation(m): 7:05am On Apr 12, 2019
saky18:

I think your item has to enter Nigeria first before you can use it.

http://www.nipost.gov.ng/TrackConfirm_1.aspx
my item arrived on the 10th April.
the link is working
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:13am On Apr 12, 2019
Mfunkynation:
my item arrived on the 10th April.
the link is working

Use this one

http://ips.nipost.gov.ng/ipswebtracking/

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dalek(m): 7:16am On Apr 12, 2019
So how much is Redmi 7 now?? 3+32gb... black?? Anyone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mfunkynation(m): 7:22am On Apr 12, 2019
genius43:

Use this one
http://ips.nipost.gov.ng/ipswebtracking/
thanks.... but it displays error

(1) (2) (3) ... (4661) (4662) (4663) (4664) (4665) (4666) (4667) ... (9321) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Portableteewhy and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.