Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,081 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4909) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9252020 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4906) (4907) (4908) (4909) (4910) (4911) (4912) ... (9319) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tziz(m): 4:07pm On May 12, 2019
acekid109:
the difference is staring right at you. You don't just see it cheesy
Yes I'm very aware of the difference... cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 4:08pm On May 12, 2019
harveybeaks:

Ok thank you, do you know if they have the xiaomi rn7 Pro?
They can't have redmi note 7 pro cos it doesn't come in global version. Chat me for note 7 pro plus accessories at a very good rate. 08062907289
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 4:08pm On May 12, 2019
lanre316:

You the hardware for global and Chinese version are slightly different. Right? And that includes screen quality.

I confirmed and held the two side by side. So sir, what I say is true, talking from my own experience
So which one was better?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jidibia(m): 4:11pm On May 12, 2019
please between redmi 7 and Samsung galaxy A10, which one is better?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tziz(m): 4:13pm On May 12, 2019
henry007:

Blossom really tried for sitting still while you took both pics grin
The difference is in when you post the picture on social media. GCAM HDR selfie just makes people go WOW and the default camera of the Note 7 can barely meet up with similarly priced phones. It's a lil too soft. While it's not anywhere close to the Pocophone default camera(as expected), GCAM brings the output a lot closer. Always soooooo crispy!
Lol, the only time Blossom can stay calm for photo shoot is wen I place her on high platform.. cheesy

As per the cams, i'll continue studying the cams Sha, see which one works better for me..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 4:13pm On May 12, 2019
lanre316:

You the hardware for global and Chinese version are slightly different. Right? And that includes screen quality.

I confirmed and held the two side by side. So sir, what I say is true, talking from my own experience

Currently responding to you under the sun, and I am typing conveniently. Kindly check the ss, u will notice the screen brightness is actually at highest. I have also
had opportunity of handling the note 4x, Redmi 4x, Note 5 and Note 7. What I am trying to say is that, Xiaomi phones don't have issues with display under the sun.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gpercuxionz(m): 4:20pm On May 12, 2019
colorsofrainbow:
pls how are u enjoying ur redmi 7?have u installed gcam
the phone is madder... I haven't install gcam. I don't where to download it from.... The battery no be here.. I have to wait and press the phone for good 8hrs before the battery cud derail to 0% from 53% default battery.... Pls go ahead and get this phone if you no get money for note 7.....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gpercuxionz(m): 4:23pm On May 12, 2019
Jidibia:
what is A10.... Go and get redmi 7 and send me mtn recharge card later

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 4:23pm On May 12, 2019
gidieberry:
which sammy ooo, mama d maama

Na one of their old phones jare.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Whizpeter(m): 4:24pm On May 12, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
better no go fall inside gutter

Lol... I won't sir.

Thank you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Whizpeter(m): 4:30pm On May 12, 2019
gpercuxionz:
the phone is madder... I haven't install gcam. I don't where to download it from.... The battery no be here.. I have to wait and press the phone for good 8hrs before the battery cud derail to 0% from 53% default battery.... Pls go ahead and get this phone if you no get money for note 7.....

If I show you road to gcam, you go appreciate am?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nwaobitex: 4:31pm On May 12, 2019
lanre316:

Not all Xiaomi phones. My Redmi 5 plus is not bright enough under direct sunlight even at maximum brightness. Even the Note 4X I sold off for it is brighter under direct sunlight.
this is very true for the redmi note 5
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by colorsofrainbow: 4:33pm On May 12, 2019
gpercuxionz:
wat do u hav 2 say about the camera
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by klexycole(m): 4:35pm On May 12, 2019
Holuwaxheun:

Currently responding to you under the sun, and I am typing conveniently. Kindly check the ss, u will notice the screen brightness is actually at highest. I have also
had opportunity of handling the note 4x, Redmi 4x, Note 5 and Note 7. What I am trying to say is that, Xiaomi phones don't have issues with display under the sun.

Sheun, can I contact you on WhatsApp? My 5 Plus is stuck on V. 9.5.12. I want to taste the MIUI 10 too. embarassed

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:40pm On May 12, 2019
Regiblinkz:
how much will each cost

Depends on where you are buying from, do your research well.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 4:41pm On May 12, 2019
tziz:

I like the contrast and colour reproduction of the Stock cam, Gcam seems kinda dull buh dats not even the main tin, the bokeh effect on portrait mode for stock cam is better to me than the Gcam.
By dull you mean it's not as bright as stock Cam na. Well I prefer Gcam, I even hid my stock cam sef ...

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gpercuxionz(m): 4:44pm On May 12, 2019
Whizpeter:

If I show you road to gcam, you go appreciate am?
yes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 4:44pm On May 12, 2019
Mustiboy:
one thing I can assure you is that I played this same game on my redmi 5 plus, and I even forced it to run on full screen.gta sa is 16:9 by default, but there is an option in the settings to make it take up the whole of your screen.
Alright, but your phone, is it on miui 10?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lanre316: 4:46pm On May 12, 2019
Holuwaxheun:

You did not address that point I raised that the same phone model can have different batches and versions and thus slightly different hardware. I remember someone complaining that his RN5 camera isn't all that great as compared to others RN5 camera and some using Sony or Samsung sensor (I'm not sure)

Here is my R5P. Very good hardware mostly, but display under the sun not as stellar as the RN4X I used before it. My experience.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:46pm On May 12, 2019
Jidibia:

Redmi 7 without batting an eyelid
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Osyxcel(m): 4:52pm On May 12, 2019
Demour:

Do you know any better cord to purchase, i am confuse on which one to buy

I believe your question has been answered by someone else. If possible you can get 0.5m for your powerbank and 1m for your charger.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 4:53pm On May 12, 2019
lanre316:

You did not address that point there are the same phone model can have different batches and version and thus slightly different hardware. I remember some complaining that his RN5 camera isn't all that great as compared to others camera and some using Sony or Samsung sensor (I'm not sure)

Here is my R5P very good hardware mostly, but display under the sun not as stellar as the RN4X I used before it. My experience. Peace.

You don't expect all the device to have the same level of brightness. You still ain't getting the message. Here is the message, even if you claim Ur Redmi 5 plus is not as bright as the note 4x under direct sunlight, that doesn't mean the display is bad under direct sunlight and u have to struggle typing with it - regardless, you will still be able to type conveniently. Baba, I no dey argue with u, that's just the obvious truth...

And for note 5 camera, there is no variation with the camera sensor used, that was peculiar to Note 4x

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 4:53pm On May 12, 2019
pharmtasy:

I am afraid this is not good. You are advised to unplug your charger around 85% battery charge to preserve battery health
I don't know if battery full is bad undecided but i do know it's not advisable to let ur battery deplete completely before charging...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tziz(m): 4:54pm On May 12, 2019
IKON360:

By dull you mean it's not as bright as stock Cam na. Well I prefer Gcam, I even hid my stock cam sef ...
Lol
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 4:55pm On May 12, 2019
Jidibia:
Redmi 7 is better... Anyone u want las las it's available... 070three108zero287
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 4:56pm On May 12, 2019
Mellom:
Help o.. my redmi note 7 just entered bootloop . Please there any way to at least restore my files... Someone should please help
How... What happened... shocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 4:57pm On May 12, 2019
harveybeaks:

Ok thank you, do you know if they have the xiaomi rn7 Pro?
No they can't... 070three108zero287 if u need
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tziz(m): 4:58pm On May 12, 2019
This Gboard has to be the worst keyboard iv ever used on a Smart phone, even after the update. I've also tried to make it bigger to fit my thumbs, no way to do dt angry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Osyxcel(m): 4:58pm On May 12, 2019
If you're still doubting the quality of pictures taken with Gcam, check the pictures below.

The first is stock, while the second is gcam. Both are screenshots and cropped.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Whizpeter(m): 5:00pm On May 12, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 5:01pm On May 12, 2019
Osyxcel:
If you're still doubting the quality of pictures taken with Gcam, check the pictures below.

The first is stock, while the second is gcam. Both are screenshots and cropped.
Which of them is true to life sir... smiley... I don't want mean the one wey fine pass o... True to The real life colors of the pictures u posted

(1) (2) (3) ... (4906) (4907) (4908) (4909) (4910) (4911) (4912) ... (9319) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kaymania(m), suffy834(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.