Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,926 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4907) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9251587 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4904) (4905) (4906) (4907) (4908) (4909) (4910) ... (9319) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by madgoat(m): 1:48pm On May 12, 2019
OllyFair:
may God bless you for this. Redmi 7 screen is bright under direct sunlight.

Redmi 7 or Redmi Note 7?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Whizpeter(m): 1:53pm On May 12, 2019
Sammy1973:
I have been taking a lot of pictures with both cameras and the stock camera picture are awesone, not that the Gcam is not good but I prefer the stock camera pictures. If I post them on here you will see the clear difference, I don't know why people prefer Gcam, maybe I did not get the settings sha.

Post them here let's see the difference just as tziz did.

From the pictures tziz posted, the difference is as clear as night and day.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Whizpeter(m): 1:53pm On May 12, 2019
madgoat:

Redmi 7 or Redmi Note 7?

Redmi 7 sir! It's what I use
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Whizpeter(m): 1:54pm On May 12, 2019
OllyFair:
may God bless you for this. Redmi 7 screen is bright under direct sunlight.

Very bright, I can type comfortably while walking on the road, without straining my eyes or bringing the phone up to my eyes.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 1:56pm On May 12, 2019
IKON360:

And mx player

Mx player is a 3rd party app, hence ads being on it is not Xiaomi fault (same with every other 3rd party app) but the app developer. When u get the pro version, u definitely won't find ads on it.... Just like what Gptech said initially, Xiaomi ads are found on their mi music app, mi file manager, mi video app, mi theme app

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Demour(m): 1:58pm On May 12, 2019
Osyxcel:

Yes. Helps to reduce power loss during transfer.
Do you know any better cord to purchase, i am confuse on which one to buy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Demour(m): 1:59pm On May 12, 2019
genius43:

1m and below are faster than 2m cord.
Do you know any better cord to purchase i don't know which one to buy and how short it should be
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 2:01pm On May 12, 2019
madgoat:

Redmi 7 or Redmi Note 7?
Redmi 7 not note 7
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 2:02pm On May 12, 2019
Whizpeter:

Very bright, I can type comfortably while walking on the road, without straining my eyes or bringing the phone up to my eyes.
fact
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 2:06pm On May 12, 2019
madgoat:

Redmi 7 or Redmi Note 7?

Same applies to note 7 and all xiaomi phones. Set your phone brightness to auto and let the light sensor do its work under heavy sunshine....

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 2:08pm On May 12, 2019
Holuwaxheun:

Mx player is a 3rd party app, hence ads being on it is not Xiaomi fault (same with every other 3rd party app) but the app developer. When u get the pro version, u definitely won't find ads on it.... Just like what Gptech said initially, Xiaomi ads are found on their mi music app, mi file manager, mi video app, mi theme app
I rarely see ads on my phone sha, you guys have taught me to always turn off recommendations
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 2:09pm On May 12, 2019
IKON360:

I rarely see ads on my phone sha, you guys have taught me to always turn off recommendations

Yes. That's the key

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 2:13pm On May 12, 2019
Please has anyone tried playing Grand theft auto San Andreas on a miui 10 Android 9? I want to get the game but I don't know if it will run on a Redmi note 7
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mahkanjuh: 2:15pm On May 12, 2019
IKON360:

Me, I jejely unticked recommendations when setting up the phone first time
No ads for once
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 2:17pm On May 12, 2019
olayinkajnr:

Get AKG earpiece. There's the cheaper one though. It does its job will and last wella. 5h naira. Been using it for close to 6 months now.

You too bought AKG 5h? Ah this is serious o! Is it brand new?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 2:18pm On May 12, 2019
mahkanjuh:

No add for once
Only when the ad becomes annoying that I turn it off. If it's unobtrusive, I leave it. It's part of hustle
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 2:21pm On May 12, 2019
IKON360:
Please has anyone tried playing Grand theft auto San Andreas on a miui 10 Android 9? I want to get the game but I don't know if it will run on a Redmi note 7
gamer messymelly
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 2:22pm On May 12, 2019
Whizpeter:

better no go fall inside gutter
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ABIDOW96(m): 2:23pm On May 12, 2019
mahkanjuh:

No add for once

Where can I turn this off too please?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 2:24pm On May 12, 2019
Demour:

Do you know any better cord to purchase i don't know which one to buy and how short it should be
I have an original Xiaomi short cable. It's both for type c and micro usb (2 in 1) at 1300, 08062907289
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Baroba(m): 2:28pm On May 12, 2019
mahkanjuh:

No add for once

So do I have to reset the phone to implement this, the Indian Bollywood bullshit ads on my Mi8 is driving me insane abeg..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 2:28pm On May 12, 2019
tziz:

Honestly, Iv not yet seen the fuss about this Gcam. No game changing difference! Infact I prefer the Portrait mode of the Stock Cam to Gcam.

Meet my baby girl: Blossom, let's use her for this experiment.. cheesy

NOTE: I had to reduce the resolution of this collage to half it's original size as it's too large and won't upload here.
Ahn ahn na, I'm just seeing the pictures sef. Gcam is far better na. Stock can is brighter, but brighter doesn't mean better. Check out the details in those Gcam pixes.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gmajor(m): 2:37pm On May 12, 2019
IKON360:
I've played this game on redmi 3s so it should work

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lanre316: 2:40pm On May 12, 2019
Holuwaxheun:

Same applies to note 7 and all xiaomi phones. Set your phone brightness to auto and let the light sensor do its work under heavy sunshine....

Not all Xiaomi phones. My Redmi 5 plus is not bright enough under direct sunlight even at maximum brightness. Even the Note 4X I sold off for it is brighter under direct sunlight.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 2:44pm On May 12, 2019
harveybeaks:
please where do I buy the xiaomi rn7. I stay at abuja.
070three108zero287
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 2:45pm On May 12, 2019
olayinkajnr:

Get AKG earpiece. There's the cheaper one though. It does its job will and last wella. 5h naira. Been using it for close to 6 months now.

Fairly used or brand new?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 2:46pm On May 12, 2019
1boylikevhis:
I'll be willing to provide instructions for anyone who's willing to take the bold step but will not be held responsible for any damages incurred by negligence or mistake.
Also, has Xiaomi stopped the 720 hours thing and the filling of forms?, because I unlocked my bootloader almost immediately.
Can u drop the guidelines on the tweaking tread.? Pls quote me
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 2:49pm On May 12, 2019
Gmajor:

I've played this game on redmi 3s so it should work
With miui 10 and Android 9?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 2:49pm On May 12, 2019
Baroba:

So do I have to reset the phone to implement this, the Indian Bollywood bullshit ads on my Mi8 is driving me insane abeg..
just change region to Hong Kong so face unlock will still work, search for recommendations in settings, disable it there, disable it in other miui apps and you are good to go

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 2:51pm On May 12, 2019
Ifedith:

Fairly used or brand new?

Lol, brand new
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 2:52pm On May 12, 2019
IKON360:

You too bought AKG 5h? Ah this is serious o! Is it brand new?

New

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 3:00pm On May 12, 2019
IKON360:
you're funny Sha. Rn7 will kill that game. Even my Helio a22 device runs that game flawlessly on max settings and resolution.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4904) (4905) (4906) (4907) (4908) (4909) (4910) ... (9319) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.