Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,254 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4966) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9353890 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4963) (4964) (4965) (4966) (4967) (4968) (4969) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by WizAkzy: 1:24pm On May 18, 2019
Ifedith:

Third party fonts would always reset ur Home screen to default... Just keep using India region to get ur fonts.... that way rebooting wont remove ur fonts or would it reset by itself. And when u apply Some themes, some would ask that ur should reboot to reset fonts, dont reboot, u dont have to reboot to apply themes.
Thank you sir
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by WizAkzy: 1:24pm On May 18, 2019
GrandMufti:

Anything Third-party na wash. Unlock bootloader and flash the font zip file
Thank you sir
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 1:27pm On May 18, 2019
Just2endowed2:
No need ordering Xiaomi Redmi note 7 128gig/4gig and 64gig/4gig varient online. You can now buy it from me anrd I will send it to you anywhere in Nigeria.

Free delivery to Kano state, delta, ilorin, oyo, and rivers state. Other state can be waybil.

I am a number one trusted seller on nairaland

128gig is 79,300

64gig is 70,300.

Kindly chat me 0706.656.1480
Ive been dealing with this mab since 2015, I can vouch for him same way I can vouch for Nobody

U wont regret doing biz wit him

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 1:50pm On May 18, 2019
Mckandre:
the guy is right u know, come to think of it, ur fathers reputation proceeds him to have made that deal nd it's likely through his wits due to long time exposure nd possibly a referral. U can't be a young thriving chap with cheap things nd expect customers to look at u a second time without undermining ur value. We Nigerian love what we see than things we hear.
This type of opulent appeal is rampant with lawyers, showbiz nd in real estate agencies, u won't be surprised its the reason u find artist clinging to expensive gadgets like macbook,iphones nd posing with luxurious cars just to look expensive whether it's borrowed or not, it's just to attract higher stakes when biding price. A client can't entrust huge amount of money to someone who sees money once in a blue moon than a pson who's already in it, just by looking at their toys u can tell they re really the real players. Hope u get wink

I disagree. A client that will not patronize you wouldn't think otherwise even if you hold the most expensive phone & other gadgets without having the actually substance of the work.

Your self worth, confidence and charisma projects itself even with a Nokia torchlight.

Did you actually see the arrogance and disdain with which he referred to the other guys with "48k" phone? Only people with low self esteem try to belittle others in order to make themselves feel better.

13 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shedy03(m): 1:55pm On May 18, 2019
xvbill:
Hi xiaomi fans.
So am selling this xiaomi mi a2 lite. 4gb ram. 2 weeks old
Going for 50k.
Comes with everything just as it was purchased from jumia.

Call or whatsapp

Abuja

Check google (gsm arena) for more specs. Then come back to this post grin
Two weeks ago, I would have paid without asking for discount.
Now, aliexpress has claimed the money and am yet to receive my package.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:58pm On May 18, 2019
shedy03:

Two weeks ago, I would have paid without asking for discount.
Now, aliexpress has claimed the money and am yet to receive my package.

Sorry to ask, are you using AliExpress for the first time?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 2:03pm On May 18, 2019
GrandMufti:

AOSkjP
Nice, enjoy boss.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 2:06pm On May 18, 2019
Hello guys, I received a new set of tempered glass for redmi note 7/7pro from my supplier today. I just did a bend/break test on the new glass and on the 9D glass which I had previously. Watch the video here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4vA7z-ymIk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 2:06pm On May 18, 2019
veekid:
if you put your phone in your pocket while having thus akg inserted, e no dey shake while walking?
Can I get SS of this headset, maybe I can get one here?
Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 2:06pm On May 18, 2019
veekid:
I got one yesterday, sound was dope, but it won't let me walk with it
Then just use it like that. You want to buy new earpiece just cos walking with it isn't comfortable?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 2:07pm On May 18, 2019
Diegobonito:
I need games to download on my Note 7. I have Pubg, between PES 2019 and FIFA which one is better. Suggestions please
PES, duh?!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 2:07pm On May 18, 2019
jinka:
AliExpress shipping fee is too costly.
who has ever ordered a product on AliExpress using the China small package, and it was delivered safely without issues. I don't mind if it takes 5weeks.

just scared because it's untrackable
I've, it sometimes take abt 2months+
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 2:11pm On May 18, 2019
yungsmart:
WARNING: Pls don't visit Gsmarena for reviews or opinions except if you want to check phone specifications, because the way they criticize phone for you ehn it might serve as a deal breaker.

They are never contended.aswear no one can ever buy a phone if that person visit Gsmarena They just change my mind about RN7. I will wait for RN8.
On gsmarena, they complained that the in call volume of RN7 was too low. I got the phone and I don't even use my in call volume at 100% it's that loud and it even has volume booster. So if you pay attention to those folks even one plus 7 pro, you won't buy

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 2:14pm On May 18, 2019
2kurupt:

I disagree. A client that will not patronize you wouldn't think otherwise even if you hold the most expensive phone & other gadgets without having the actually substance of the work.

Your self worth, confidence and charisma projects itself even with a Nokia torchlight.

Did you actually see the arrogance and disdain with which he referred to the other guys with "48k" phone? Only people with low self esteem try to belittle others in order to make themselves feel better.
well, it's quite unfortunate that's the country we live nd breath in, here is not yankee where everything u do should be based on merit. Here, we're too carried away with packaging than real substance, if u know u know.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by veekid(m): 2:16pm On May 18, 2019
IKON360:

Then just use it like that. You want to buy new earpiece just cos walking with it isn't comfortable?
you dinor get my point...forget it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 2:16pm On May 18, 2019
genius43:

Update your phone first. Then recalibrate your battery.
Pls enlighten me the more, I will b getting my Redmi 7 possibly on Monday, wat are d first steps to take?
Update phone filmware first, drain to 0% b4 first charge or charge till 100% b4 first use?
I will appreciate ur honest reply
Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pannyman(m): 2:16pm On May 18, 2019
fibonacci2526:

This is funny sha, who goes about telling people the cost of their phone(s)? I would even rather "reduce" the price of the phone drastically when am being asked how much I got my phone.

You're right. In a country like Nigeria most people will not understand why you would spend such an amount on a phone. I use a Mi 9 and when I get asked the price I do my best to dodge telling them. Most people cannot imagine themselves paying over 50k for a phone.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by veekid(m): 2:16pm On May 18, 2019
stephinnoyewole:

Can I get SS of this headset, maybe I can get one here?
Thanks
my wife don carry am travel this morning
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 2:16pm On May 18, 2019
macbeyland:
Hello guys, I received a new set of tempered glass for redmi note 7/7pro from my supplier today. I just did a bend/break test on the new glass and on the 9D glass which I had previously. Watch the video here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4vA7z-ymIk

Hope we can see more of this,

The new one is Exactly what I got from ifedith, I didn't even ask why he sold @1500. It does not affect the display at all.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EseAbed: 2:19pm On May 18, 2019
A year Old Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime. 3gb/32gb at 25k. Negotiable
A wonderful 16mp Selfie Camera with soft flash, Mediocre Rear Camera, Fast 3gb ram with Snapdragon Processor. MIUI 10. You can check the rest on Google. Everything works just fine, No faults.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 2:20pm On May 18, 2019
ennyhola:

It's normal actually

It isn't. You may need to change your phone brand to the Samsung and Huawei flagships if you want to stand-out.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 2:20pm On May 18, 2019
Precioussilas10:
Good morning my lovely people, please what
is the sound production of mi max 3 and
redmi note 7 like when used on headset, are
they the same for those of you who have
tasted the two? Answer me please.
On earphone, thr Redmi note 7 is better, for the external speaker, the Max series normally do better especially from the Mi Max 2, so it depends on what you need most.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 2:21pm On May 18, 2019
pannyman:

You're right. In a country like Nigeria most people will not understand why you would spend such an amount on a phone. I use a Mi 9 and when I get asked the price I do my best to dodge telling them. Most people cannot imagine themselves paying over 50k for a phone.

It's because you don't have a 7M car, live in a Duplex, you earning is not up to 500K a month and you tell people you use 180K phone

Your phone is too expensive for you level, You are supposed to be using Redmi 7..

If you do have friends all using iPhone Xs, S10, I don't think they will say the same thing..

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shedy03(m): 2:23pm On May 18, 2019
genius43:

Sorry to ask, are you using AliExpress for the first time?
Yes, why?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 2:30pm On May 18, 2019
Dam5reey:

It's because you don't have a 7M car, live in a Duplex, you earning is not up to 500K a month and you tell people you use 180K phone

Your phone is too expensive for you level, You are supposed to be using Redmi 7..

If you do have friends all using iPhone Xs, S10, I don't think they will say the same thing..

This argument is flawed. The people that ask these questions most times aren't your friends, probably colleagues or acquaintances who can't wrap their heads around buying phones that expensive and these particular people might be super rich than one is but they can never get spending so much on phones because it isn't their thing.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Psychodavidovic(m): 2:34pm On May 18, 2019
Dam5reey:

I don't think there is something like "Expensive for your level". There is a reason he bought it so let him enjoy it.

A friend of mine bought a laptop of 540k and almost if not all his friends still don't understand why he spent so much on a laptop. If not that i was into tech, know the laptop is really worth the price and knows what he needs it for then i might also be saying the laptop is too expensive for his level cause every other thing about him is very basic.

Abeg, each mallam with him kettle.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Psychodavidovic(m): 2:34pm On May 18, 2019
fibonacci2526:

This argument is flawed. The people that ask these questions most times aren't your friends, probably colleagues or acquaintances who can't wrap their heads around buying phones that expensive and these particular people might be super rich than one is but they can never get spending so much on phones because it isn't their thing.

Thank you very much.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 2:37pm On May 18, 2019
GrandMufti:

Anything Third-party na wash. Unlock bootloader and flash the font zip file
Depending on the device sha...i use third party fonts... infact i dont even use store fonts and it works just Fine in my Redmi 5. I notice the Redmi note 7 and 7 dont do Well with third party fonts without tweakings.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 2:38pm On May 18, 2019
xvbill:
Hi xiaomi fans.
So am selling this xiaomi mi a2 lite. 4gb ram. 2 weeks old
Going for 50k.
Comes with everything just as it was purchased from jumia.

Call or whatsapp

Abuja

Check google (gsm arena) for more specs. Then come back to this post grin
Kindly use the store thread...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 2:39pm On May 18, 2019
Jaygee010:
Oga Gptech this my battery still dey do me one kind.
From the graph, wifi dey always on. Battery still 96% after playing only music oh!
Abeg see.
How far for today, any improvement?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 2:41pm On May 18, 2019
stephinnoyewole:

Pls enlighten me the more, I will b getting my Redmi 7 possibly on Monday, wat are d first steps to take?
Update phone filmware first, drain to 0% b4 first charge or charge till 100% b4 first use?
I will appreciate ur honest reply
Thanks
Use ur phone. Xiaomi isnt a rocket science technology...wen u receive ur device, u Will understand
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 2:44pm On May 18, 2019
Psychodavidovic:

I don't think there is something like "Expensive for your level". There is a reason he bought it so let him enjoy it.

A friend of mine bought a laptop of 540k and almost if not all his friends still don't understand why he spent so much on a laptop. If not that i was into tech, know the laptop is really worth the price and knows what he needs it for then i might also be saying the laptop is too expensive for his level cause every other thing about him is very basic.

Abeg, each mallam with him kettle.

This case is different, he didnt dogde the price , that my own point..

Someone using a phone worth more than his house rent per annum cannot boldly tell people the price..

(1) (2) (3) ... (4963) (4964) (4965) (4966) (4967) (4968) (4969) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.