Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,819 members, 7,837,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4967) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9366788 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4964) (4965) (4966) (4967) (4968) (4969) (4970) ... (9325) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pannyman(m): 2:49pm On May 18, 2019
Dam5reey:

It's because you don't have a 7M car, live in a Duplex, you earning is not up to 500K a month and you tell people you use 180K phone

Your phone is too expensive for you level, You are supposed to be using Redmi 7..

If you do have friends all using iPhone Xs, S10, I don't think they will say the same thing..

My brother man. You hardly know me. Maybe a few minutes of your time spent going through my posts on Nairaland will enlighten you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 2:51pm On May 18, 2019
pannyman:

My brother man. You hardly know me. Maybe a few minutes of your time spent going through my posts on Nairaland will enlighten you.

Then why lie to people about the price of the phone..

My point
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 2:53pm On May 18, 2019
IKON360:

I told mumsy I bought my RN7 24k, now she would like Redmi 7 but its 43k+, I'm just thinking of how to bring myself out of this confusion
of i be Ur mumsy, na to give you 24k and be expecting RN7 grin

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 18, 2019
[quote author=Ifedith post=78490282]
Redmi note 7... 070three108zero287[/quolte]

It has the same battery capacity as Infinix Hot 5 , I hope their stories are not the same?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pannyman(m): 2:55pm On May 18, 2019
Dam5reey:

Then why lie to people about the price of the phone..

My point

I didn't say I lie about the price. I just avoid telling them. For your information, my first smartphone was a Galaxy S2 in 2011 which cost 85k at the time. 85k in 2011 is worth at least 250k in today's naira. So my Mi9 is actually cheaper than the GS2 if you factor the value of the naira in.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 2:59pm On May 18, 2019
fibonacci2526:

This argument is flawed. The people that ask these questions most times aren't your friends, probably colleagues or acquaintances who can't wrap their heads around buying phones that expensive and these particular people might be super rich than one is but they can never get spending so much on phones because it isn't their thing.

Then the are not super rich..

These set of people you mentioned use S10 iPhone and the likes..

If you don't send money to your parents, then your phone is 200k plus that when you Dodge the price of your phone when you parents ask how much

Peace out
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 3:00pm On May 18, 2019
macbeyland:
Hello guys, I received a new set of tempered glass for redmi note 7/7pro from my supplier today. I just did a bend/break test on the new glass and on the 9D glass which I had previously. Watch the video here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4vA7z-ymIk
why only note 7 and pro? What of Redmi 7. We need the glass also
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 3:00pm On May 18, 2019
pannyman:

I didn't say I lie about the price. I just avoid telling them. For your information, my first smartphone was a Galaxy S2 in 2011 which cost 85k at the time. 85k in 2011 is worth at least 250k in today's naira. So my Mi9 is actually cheaper than the GS2 if you factor the value of the naira in.

Na only us understand, cheers
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by madgoat(m): 3:01pm On May 18, 2019
Guys, between Redmi 7 and Samsung A20, which is better or that i should go for?

N.B. the samsung A20 camera is so on point even though just 12mp and the fone is so sleek. I actually handled one today. It has all the specs of the redmi

Redmi 7 is 47K
Samsung A20 is 55K.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Psychodavidovic(m): 3:01pm On May 18, 2019
Dam5reey:

This case is different, he didnt dogde the price , that my own point..

Someone using a phone worth more than his house rent per annum cannot boldly tell people the price..

True
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 3:02pm On May 18, 2019
ubev01:
of i be Ur mumsy, na to give you 24k and be expecting RN7 grin
Lol, there is already story na OUT OF STOCK!!!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 3:02pm On May 18, 2019
stephinnoyewole:

I've, it sometimes take abt 2months+
I always make use of China small packet, nothing like issue. And besides I noticed that most of my package do arrive exactly 3 weeks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Psychodavidovic(m): 3:02pm On May 18, 2019
madgoat:

N.B. the samsung A20 camera is so on point even though just 12mp and the fone is so sleek. I actually handled one today. It has all the specs of the redmi

Redmi 7 is 47K
Samsung A20 is 55K.

You want us to convince you to buy Redmi ?

This seems like a trick question to me.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 3:04pm On May 18, 2019
[quote author=BETPAWA post=78499569][/quote]
Wat stories... grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 3:04pm On May 18, 2019
madgoat:

Redmi 7 is 47K
Samsung A20 is 55K.
Both are available... 070three108zero287
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 3:05pm On May 18, 2019
OllyFair:
7 is coming Soon
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 3:08pm On May 18, 2019
madgoat:

Redmi 7 is 47K
Samsung A20 is 55K.

Stop whining people here...

Go to stores that have both phones, compare side by side..

Even at that, the phone you handled might be smooth until you load your own Apps.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 3:12pm On May 18, 2019
Ifedith:

7 is coming Soon
Bro's for how long, coming soon, coming soon.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 3:12pm On May 18, 2019
Dam5reey:

Then the are not super rich..

These set of people you mentioned use S10 iPhone and the likes..

If you don't send money to your parents, then your phone is 200k plus that when you Dodge the price of your phone when you parents ask how much

Peace out

lolll, you still don't get this eh? It's not even about being rich at all, if you are not into something you will never understand y people so much on it. Case in point, am not an audiophile and when I see people talking about earphones worth over 20-50k,am always like dafuq is that because I just don't get it.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jaygee010: 3:12pm On May 18, 2019
Gptech:

How far for today, any improvement?

Yes ooh, I think. See attached pictures below. At 38%

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:17pm On May 18, 2019
stephinnoyewole:

Pls enlighten me the more, I will b getting my Redmi 7 possibly on Monday, wat are d first steps to take?
Update phone filmware first, drain to 0% b4 first charge or charge till 100% b4 first use?
I will appreciate ur honest reply
Thanks

Personally I go for the bolded. But you can decide to do otherwise, it is no big deal
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 3:17pm On May 18, 2019
OllyFair:
Bro's for how long, coming soon, coming soon.
grin.... Next is it has come u go hear
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:22pm On May 18, 2019
shedy03:

Yes, why?

You sound scared that's why.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shedy03(m): 3:25pm On May 18, 2019
genius43:

You sound scared that's why.
Ohhh, funny you. lol.
Of course am anxious to have my package, but am not really scared.
I ordered for redmi A2 lite 3/32Gs, I can't wait to have it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 3:26pm On May 18, 2019
OllyFair:
Bit wait ooo, with all these durability & endurance tests on YT, does this phone still need tempered glace @all?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:26pm On May 18, 2019
fibonacci2526:

This argument is flawed. The people that ask these questions most times aren't your friends, probably colleagues or acquaintances who can't wrap their heads around buying phones that expensive and these particular people might be super rich than one is but they can never get spending so much on phones because it isn't their thing.

Well said. The man I helped order the Redmi 7, when he learnt that I bought my RN7 73k, he was like "that much on a phone? It is like you don't have responsibilities(been married)". I only smiled. What if he knew that I spent 94k on a Samsung S4 in 2013.

I only made him understand that when I need something that will serve me I get it irrespective of the cost as long as I can afford it.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 18, 2019
Dam5reey:

Even at that, the phone you handled might be smooth until you load your own Apps.
What sort of question is this?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 3:28pm On May 18, 2019
OllyFair:
I always make use of China small packet, nothing like issue. And besides I noticed that most of my package do arrive exactly 3 weeks.
The fastest I've had using small packet is 4weeks+
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:28pm On May 18, 2019
shedy03:

Ohhh, funny you. lol.
Of course am anxious to have my package, but am not really scared.

Ok. It will arrive
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:31pm On May 18, 2019
olayinkajnr:
For all those that need the Poweramp paid version, I have it on my Google account.

No need for cracks when you can get the original. I'm not charging a dime for it. If you need it, send me a PM and I'll give you my Google account and the password to login and search for Poweramp unlocker on playstore. Download it and you are good to go. Uninstall that crap called cracked.
I need the PowerAmp
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 18, 2019
genius43:

Well said. The man I helped order the Redmi 7, when he learnt that I bought my RN7 73k, he was like "that much on a phone? It is like you don't have responsibilities(been married)". I only smiled. What if he knew that I spent 94k on a Samsung S4 in 2013.

I only made him understand that when I need something that will serve me I get it irrespective of the cost as long as I can afford it.
Stop comparing 2013 to 2019 mtchew Samsung S4 is now 19k why not compare S10 Vs mi 9 .
You're talking about price does your mi 9 have same features with s10..... this was the same way Tecno/ infinix was hyped over Samsung,HTC now Xiaomi.
Samsung is a better brand

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by madgoat(m): 3:34pm On May 18, 2019
Dam5reey:

Seems there's something wrong with your brain grin
Them force u to comment on my post if u dont have any intelligent thing to say abi na joblessnes dey worry u

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4964) (4965) (4966) (4967) (4968) (4969) (4970) ... (9325) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: michealdeco, ewerex(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.