Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9232551 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by brandon180(m): 8:37am On Nov 10, 2016
Bookiemart01:
My thoughts exactly .... He just came into the thread and wants to create a whatsapp group.
The surprising thing is how people started dropping their phone numbers.....That's how they get scammed.

scammed how?? undecided
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Whizpeter(m): 9:10am On Nov 10, 2016
Gptech:
Why the need for a whatsapp group when you already have this thread? There are many intending buyers who view this thread and gain lots of information before making up their minds on what to buy. Also, some persons might have got solutions to problems from this thread relating to their phones without commenting. There's no need to cut others off.

[b]Bro what's the need of cooking stew when you can just eat white rice in peace? It offers more options right?

Having a group on whatsapp won't make this thread become inactive, attending to issues is faster and easier on whatsapp, you get instant replies and solutions cos of its notifications!

How would you feel if you asked a question here and got a reply 12hrs later? That won't happen on whatsapp!!

I've belonged to several groups about phones from Infinix hot note to J7, H6 and others even blackberry!!

Those groups all started from here and they didn't prevent their NL thread from growing!

In case you don't know, the Tecno H6 discussion thread was the most active on NL reaching over 200 pages (You can confirm from Heeboy94) and yet we still had a whatsapp group that was functioning simultaneously!!

It really helped a lot then!!

I personally endorse the whatsapp group..

To others who seriously require instant solution and answers to their xiaomi related issues and won't mind belonging to a whatsapp group, feel free to drop your numbers and pachman would add you in no time!

Gracias![/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 9:49am On Nov 10, 2016
pachman:
You guys can drop your numbers let me create the group, only 5 people in total
U're probably using the latest Whatsapp update, kindly find the invite link of the group and post here. I am not dropping my number mbanu!!

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:55am On Nov 10, 2016
Whizpeter:

[b]Bro what's the need of cooking stew when you can just eat white rice in peace? It offers more options right?

Having a group on whatsapp won't make this thread become inactive, attending to issues is faster and easier on whatsapp, you get instant replies and solutions cos of its notifications!

How would you feel if you asked a question here and got a reply 12hrs later? That won't happen on whatsapp!!

I've belonged to several groups about phones from Infinix hot note to J7, H6 and others even blackberry!!

Those groups all started from here and they didn't prevent their NL thread from growing!

In case you don't know, the Tecno H6 discussion thread was the most active on NL reaching over 200 pages (You can confirm from Heeboy94) and yet we still had a whatsapp group that was functioning simultaneously!!

To others who seriously require instant solution and answers to their xiaomi related issues and won't mind belonging to a whatsapp group, feel free to drop your numbers and pachman would add you in no time!

Gracias![/b]

Sir you missed his point completely.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:58am On Nov 10, 2016
Whizpeter:

Gracias![/b]
Was expecting this exact reply, am not against the creation of a whatsapp group, but that can be done by creating another thread without causing harm to this thread. You just gave one example of a thread that ran simultaneously with a whatsapp group, but I know of other threads that died because of whatsapp groups. The advantages of creating a whatsapp group as you stated are cool but don't you think the cons outweigh the pros?

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:58am On Nov 10, 2016
pachman:
You guys can drop your numbers let me create the group, only 5 people in total

grin grin grin grin grin 5 people is already a group
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Whizpeter(m): 10:18am On Nov 10, 2016
Gptech:

Was expecting this exact reply, am not against the creation of a whatsapp group, but that can be done by creating another thread without causing harm to this thread. You just gave one example of a thread that ran simultaneously with a whatsapp group, but I know of other threads that died because of whatsapp groups. The advantages of creating a whatsapp group as you stated are cool but don't you think the cons outweighs the pros?

I see ya point now, you fear this thread may die right? That's the only con I see for now...

Pachman, I suggest you create another thread where interested xiaomi users and enthusiast can drop their numbers for you to add them!!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 10, 2016
Bookiemart01:
My thoughts exactly .... He just came into the thread and wants to create a whatsapp group.
The surprising thing is how people started dropping their phone numbers.....That's how they get scammed.

Please bookiemart01, i respect everyone i meet on nairaland, i wouldnt want you to be an exception. If just because i asked people to drop number, thats why i get to receive insult by calling me a scammer then i shouldn't have done it. Please I am sorry if u had any offence with what i said, please let's all have peace with one another
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 10, 2016
GrandMufti:

grin grin grin grin grin 5 people is already a group
Lol,funny guy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 10, 2016
scotweezy:

U're probably using the latest Whatsapp update, kindly find the invite link of the group and post here. I am not dropping my number mbanu!!
Am sorry if u see me as a scammer. I am not begging anybody to drop number, it was just a suggestion to aid easy communication
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:44am On Nov 10, 2016
pachman:
Please bookiemart01, i respect everyone i meet on nairaland, i wouldnt want you to be an exception. If just because i asked people to drop number, thats why i get to receive insult by calling me a scammer then i shouldn't have done it. Please I am sorry if u had any offence with what i said, please let's all have peace with one another
Boss, please don't be offended, I don't think she actually referred to you as a scammer, if you read between the lines you can see her point. Apologies on behalf of others who may have misunderstood your kind gesture,we are all here to help each other. wink

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bookiemart01(f): 11:45am On Nov 10, 2016
I didn't call you a scammer.... I only said scam because nairalanders like dropping numbers anyhow and then get scammed.
Sorry if it seemed I tagged you a scammer.

#Peace

pachman:

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bookiemart01(f): 11:47am On Nov 10, 2016
Thanks for this....

I didn't refer to him as a scammer..

Pachman... No vex abeg grin
Gptech:

Boss, please don't be offended, I don't think she actually referred to you as a scammer, if you read between the lines you can see her point. Apologies on behalf of others who may have misunderstood your kind gesture,we are all here to help each other. wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 10, 2016
Gptech:

I amn't(dunno if it z correct) offended. Thank you for your clarification
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 10, 2016
Bookiemart01:
I didn't call you a scammer.... I only said scam because nairalanders like dropping numbers anyhow and then get scammed.
Sorry if it seemed I tagged you a scammer.

#Peace

Absolutely no problem. I stand for #peace
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Paxziano: 3:54pm On Nov 10, 2016
Whizpeter:

Add me pls 08058535816

Gracias![/b]

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Paxziano: 3:54pm On Nov 10, 2016
Add me pls

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 3:58pm On Nov 10, 2016
pachman:
Am sorry if u see me as a scammer. I am not begging anybody to drop number, it was just a suggestion to aid easy communication
Bro don't assume anything, I just don't think it is proper to drop one's number like dat. Any random search thru any search engine and voila!! Ur number is there for anybody to use.
For the record, ur suggestion is nice. The best thing, as I have suggested, is to get the invite link of the group and drop here.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 10, 2016
Paxziano:
Add me pls

No adding of number on this thread any longer, will create a thread soon
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 10, 2016
scotweezy:

Bro don't assume anything, I just don't think it is proper to drop one's number like dat. Any random search thru any search engine and voila!! Ur number is there for anybody to use.
For the record, ur suggestion is nice. The best thing, as I have suggested, is to get the invite link of the group and drop here.
No problem, i would try and get the link
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 4:15pm On Nov 10, 2016
My battery sef dn worse pass normal o... Miui8,y u doing like this? cry

Cc GrandMufti
Gptech
2kurupt
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 4:41pm On Nov 10, 2016
vosquare:

Cc GrandMufti
Gptech
2kurupt

What really do you do with your smartphone? You should check your installed apps & upload your battery use let's see. I get at least 4 hours 30 mins minimum SOT with moderate use with the same rom
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 4:55pm On Nov 10, 2016
2kurupt:

What really do you do with your smartphone? You should check your installed apps & upload your battery use let's see. I get at least 4 hours 30 mins minimum SOT with moderate use with the same rom
I browse most times and chat o.. Nothing much on usage.. I don't play games... Anytime data is on, bye bye to battery and I use d default browser and cm most times, I don't have ucbrowser.. I still wonder d app that drains my battery cos they are the same apps I used in miui7
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 4:59pm On Nov 10, 2016
2kurupt:

And I listen to music also o... But most times with earpiece, in fact I dey hear song now now na small small battery go dey comot... On top music o and I use poweramp
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by aabello25(m): 5:19pm On Nov 10, 2016
pachman:

What of your number, can you kindly drop your number?
Here's my number for Xiaomi WhatsApp group 08054030630. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 5:53pm On Nov 10, 2016
vosquare:

Cc GrandMufti
Gptech
2kurupt

Yep. I said it the last time. Of all the phones I've used, only Xiaomi drains battery more when you are on data.
They need to get competent hands into their development team. With each update, the phones gets worse. It makes absolutely no sense in releasing high end phones when you have a mediocre OS to accompany it.

Just try to tweak your phone a bit to see if you can squeeze out some extra hours of battery life
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 6:07pm On Nov 10, 2016
GrandMufti:

Yep. I said it the last time. Of all the phones I've used, only Xiaomi drains battery more when you are on data.
They need to get competent hands into their development team. With each update, the phones gets worse. It makes absolutely no sense in releasing high end phones when you have a mediocre OS to accompany it.

Just try to tweak your phone a bit to see if you can squeeze out some extra hours of battery life
Kai
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 6:33pm On Nov 10, 2016
Well the usage & conditions of use can affect the performance of any smartphone, be it Xiaomi or any other top brand. Thus it's all based on the individual user. Note am not saying there can be no defects once in awhile.

For me I restrict data access to apps & reduce startup apps to the barest minimum. I also do not install unnecessary apps especially those popular for killing batteries i.e. BBM, Facebook app (I use Facebook lite instead)etc

Lastly I stopped tinkering & rooting my phone after the first 2 months of using it since I discovered it's hardly of any use. All in all, I am happy with my battery performance since January grin

Am sure many here can attest to this
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 7:58pm On Nov 10, 2016
Please house. I just bought a redmi 3s unfortunately it came with miui 7, how do I upgrade to miui 8. I have tried several things they are not work please help
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:03pm On Nov 10, 2016
temitimx19:
Please house. I just bought a redmi 3s unfortunately it came with miui 7, how do I upgrade to miui 8. I have tried several things they are not work please help

Connect to a WiFi/ Hotspot. That should work. Your battery should be at least 50-60%
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Regiblinkz(m): 9:57pm On Nov 10, 2016
anybody with xiaomi fone for sale under 50k ..holla
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by humblesteve(m): 12:15am On Nov 11, 2016
I hope my first experience won't be bad with xiaomi 4 because am used to long lasting battery...

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.