Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,402 members, 7,861,134 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:28 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5011) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9478727 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5008) (5009) (5010) (5011) (5012) (5013) (5014) ... (9332) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:51pm On May 22, 2019
stephinnoyewole:

My love for dis brand is second to none, but I'm disappointed wit d RAM management, only 1.6gb of RAM is available even after boot

Not bad, subsequent updates will take care of some this issues. I currently get 2.6Gb free when idle on my RN5. When I newly got it it was usually between 1.8-2.2Gb free

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 9:52pm On May 22, 2019
IKON360:

Mine reaches 2.4gb after reboot and apps are actually kept in the ram.
I'm using Redmi 7 tho
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 9:54pm On May 22, 2019
genius43:

Not bad, subsequent updates will take care of some this issues. I currently get 2.6Gb free when idle on my RN5. When I newly got it it was usually between 1.8-2.2Gb free
4gb of total RAM?
Mine is 3gb ram
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 9:54pm On May 22, 2019
stephinnoyewole:

I'm using Redmi 7 tho
Ok, that means it's 3gb ram mine is 4gb ram that's why I see more space
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by monshow25(m): 9:59pm On May 22, 2019
IKON360:

Look for hide the notch wallpapers, they are fine and creative too. This is my favorite
And download either brave browser or kiwi browser(I use kiwi) these browsers block those annoying ads that permeate numerous sites. Download telegram and join as many lavender groups as possible
Alr. Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:06pm On May 22, 2019
eleojo23:

shocked
So I joined the thread 27 months ago at page 309!

How did you find it sef? cheesy

kiss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MrGokay(m): 10:19pm On May 22, 2019
I ask myself why would people calm down and write absolute nonsense... See ehn! May God Airpus

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 10:25pm On May 22, 2019
messymelly:
Guys stop this argument. It will take hauwei billions of dollars, tons of developers and years to come up with their is and mind you they won't compete with Google. If hauwei needs to build their is they may as well need to invent their own programming language, because all programming language are being regulated and maintained by us. Who will give em oracle and java license to develop such os. Mind you Google now have their own programming language there's no competition Chinese don't make chipset, camera, processor either os. They buy those stuffs and couple the phone. Hauwei is a net provider they did spy on USA and moreover they can't make a phone..... They depend on usa for everything,if they decide to make their own phone, chipset believe me it won't sell global.and Taiwan won't even sell their mediatek chip to hauwei. Who would buy mediatek phone over Snapdragon and likes of Samsung. If they make their own os most of these Chinese brands will go on extinction mind you USA regulates the international market and can ban China from selling their os phone globally.
If they make they os Google with stop licensing em and will discontinue them from Google services. Who would buy phone without Google play, YouTube , better camera , better os.85% of world's application and games are made in USA , China can't win this war.
Believe me USA will block all their services on China is it can only mean no Facebook, Google, YouTube,WhatsApp, Instagram, Twitter, Chinese brands won't make better phones with their own invented chipset and os. They will go bankrupt to make their own os will not cost less than 50b talk more of chipset, camera, believe their phone won't be affordable and there will be more and more attack on their phones.
You, Sir, might have assured yourself that you're intelligent, but I'm afraid you aren't. You wreak of utter ignorance.

So, Mediatek chipsets are manufactured in the U.S, right? You're a genius.

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 10:25pm On May 22, 2019
jboixxx:
Newbies here, check my Xiaomi compilation post for troubleshooting and tips. Check my signature for the link.
This ur compilations doesn't contain info for Redmi 7 na
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by visita: 10:26pm On May 22, 2019
Anyone? Please?
visita:
Please who can explain this tracking for me? There's been no update for a week now. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by InvisibleB: 10:47pm On May 22, 2019
Pls which is the best xiaomi phones you would advice to buy for 35k-40k budget? Thanks in advance
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 10:56pm On May 22, 2019
well well well.... 4997....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ElvisMcCoy(m): 11:02pm On May 22, 2019
I sense it from a thousand mile away... grin grin grin

If you know, you know...

macbeyland:

Jesu!..

I never knew USA was this 'super powerful'

Kai! kai!

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Luisema4luv(m): 11:11pm On May 22, 2019
genius43:

It was a flash promo by Jumia, only 100 units were sold and it was 2 weeks ago.

For rn7 or redmi 7 cuz there is a difference o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ElvisMcCoy(m): 11:11pm On May 22, 2019
Since it is AliExpress, the next update you get is it landing in the country of destination. It can happen between tomorrow and next week. If you're unlucky with shipping, it could be up to another 40days..
We'll just hope it lands in the next 2 or 3 working days. It takes 7-10 working days from DESPATCHED OUT OF THE COUNTRY OF ORIGIN to ARRIVED COUNTRY OF ORIGIN. It is still right on schedule.

visita:
Anyone? Please?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ElvisMcCoy(m): 11:12pm On May 22, 2019
RN7

Luisema4luv:

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Fayulas: 11:12pm On May 22, 2019
genius43:

Yes there is but the roll-out is gradual but it is still a step away from pie update, I might even skip it self
But the update it makes sense, the background of contact, message and other apps has become black, even face unlock work flowlessly and many more
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Luisema4luv(m): 11:13pm On May 22, 2019
Y is my RN7 showing Wi-Fi to b on in my power usage page

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 11:14pm On May 22, 2019
fibonacci2526:
Amazing how this thread has grown, stumbled on it when it was just 36 pages. Mind blown.
xiaomi grandma cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kenomobola(m): 11:17pm On May 22, 2019
I just went through my past posts and discovered I actually commented on page 6 of this thread, how time flies, who would have "thunk" it.

kenomobola:

Hi. I just want to know how good your Mi4 is; does it sound clear on phone calls, does it heat up a lot while gaming, how good is its WiFi and 3G reception, and finally what version of MIUI is your phone running on?
Sorry for the many questions, I just want to be sure it is good enough. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Vixdaking(m): 11:20pm On May 22, 2019
Glad to have found this thread.

Got a Redmi 4A and a Pocophone F1 for now

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Olubidex: 11:27pm On May 22, 2019
ubev01:
China banned Facebook, Google and other American stuffs, no problem
America bans Huawei and everybody is crying blue murder.

The only problem is China banned Facebook, Google etc for purely business reasons. Why is America hiding under threat to national security through technology in banning Huawei.

Both are pursuing national business goals. One is sincere while the other isn't.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by liljboy(m): 11:29pm On May 22, 2019
stephinnoyewole:

Yh
D gcam folder refused to b created automatically, abi na me go create ham?
Wen I created it manually and import d XML
Me dnt see different with my default cam
https://www.androidexplained.com/redmi-7-install-google-camera/

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 11:47pm On May 22, 2019
fibonacci2526:

It's not even about the age,its the incessant habit of not wanting to learn and being uncouth. Na wa.

It is well boss.

Same here. Today, we were telling someone on a WhatsApp group page that, one of the laws/Tenets of equity is "EQUITY MEANS EQUALITY" . Yet, the guy was arguing blindly quoting Dictionary and Quora (instead of addressing the issue from its context, he was busying looking for definition of Equity and Equality). Just shameful how many claim to know, unknown to them that they know nothing. It's not an offence to accept u don't know.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 11:51pm On May 22, 2019
macbeyland:

Jesu!..

I never knew USA was this 'super powerful'

Kai! kai!

Yes oooooooo, they have super power. They can even tell Nigeria to stop existing grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 11:57pm On May 22, 2019
IKON360:
On page 5009 is a post that shows an unusual amount of ignorance. I mean I don't know but when I see the rubbish some people post in the name of "brilliant" reasoning, I start feeling like Albert Einstein. Dude said China is poor America owns everything they only have branches in China. Dude wtf man there is Google and tons of sites that you can go and read up on these stuff. Stop coming here and displaying ignorance every two weeks.
more like every 2 hours

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kakashiii(m): 12:03am On May 23, 2019
I am wise because I do not think I know what I do not know
- Socrates

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 12:08am On May 23, 2019
read from page 4997 , was just smiling. .. .. until I jam messymelly post, to cut the long story, am going to sleep

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:09am On May 23, 2019
Luisema4luv:

It was for RN7. I Know the difference
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:10am On May 23, 2019
stephinnoyewole:

4gb of total RAM?
Mine is 3gb ram
Mine is 4Gb of total RAM

I know yours is 3Gb

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:10am On May 23, 2019
Fayulas:

But the update it makes sense, the background of contact, message and other apps has become black, even face unlock work flowlessly and many more

I have updated still exploring.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 12:14am On May 23, 2019
Olubidex:

The only problem is China banned Facebook, Google etc for purely business reasons. Why is America hiding under threat to national security through technology in banning Huawei.

Both are pursuing national business goals. One is sincere while the other isn't.
not really true. Were you aware that Chinese govt was asking for personal data from these companies, while some were even hacked?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5008) (5009) (5010) (5011) (5012) (5013) (5014) ... (9332) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Olavincentus and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.