Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,053 members, 7,859,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 06:52 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5080) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9465985 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5077) (5078) (5079) (5080) (5081) (5082) (5083) ... (9332) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by elantraceey(f): 8:50am On May 29, 2019
fantilopezzy:
bro
mention any sammy phone in the range of 290$ that's beats the redmi k20 in any angle?

You guys must not always reply, sometimes silence is golden. One will be going through long overflogged unnecessary posts so as not to miss important ones...abeg

9 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fantilopezzy: 8:50am On May 29, 2019
Dam5reey:

Fairly Used get Grades, Mint cost about the same price as New..
Even the cracked S10+ cost more than 200k..

With that you can buy 1 K20 pro + 1 RN7 brand New..

Considering older Flagship, I did some research, even RN7 is giving the iPhone X, challenge in Photos, not to talk of Mi 9 that cost less, Fairly used iPhone X is 225k plus... XR sell is above 200k used.

Came up with some arguments here as well.

With 126k, you will get K20 pro, with all the goodies.. Check the specs..

100k will get you S8, good condition and not even Mint..
At that condition, you can not be sure of good screen due to screen burn, water resistant, and all..

100k will get you Mi 9 se, with better performance..
bro leave the guy
people that buy infinix and tecno flagship around 100k are who?
even samsung mid-range of 100+ are who?
the truth is not everyone likes buying expensive phones even if there have the money
u won't expect someone that hardly take pictures , doesn't have time for mobile gaming to come buy a phone of 100+ it's very rare
but u will see a university students using iPhone x
is not as if he has the money but he rather likes the phone and it's not wrong to get a phone of 300k+
it's only wrong when u go extra bad miles to get it
like stealing etc
so the point is everyone is different buy what u think is best for u!

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoboKush(m): 8:53am On May 29, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saint2ace(m): 8:59am On May 29, 2019
messymelly:

Every body mustn't be poor like you okay to hell with your poor mental assumption.....whatever you say or assumes ain't gonna put money in my b/a you're totally a waste of time....dude go get a life at my age dude I foot my bills

Excuse me? U again? Am really thinking this is somewhat spiritual or a high dose of low self esteem. Do u always have to insult people to make a point? And do u always have to prove a point about how rich or poor u are? Damn this is so messed up.

I wish you the best bro. We'll talk again in 20yrs and I'll ask you a few questions then that u'd be matured enough to answer. Cheers

18 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Baroba(m): 9:06am On May 29, 2019
Those coming here to tell us how iphones, Sammy's are better than Xiaomi can start there own thread..We don't really care, Baroba and a lot of folks here can afford any phone out there if that's our priority, and I say that with a lot of humility, but we like the value Xiaomi gives us . .. cool

That K20 is looking amazing by the way...Happy inauguration day folks, we pray for Naija.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BluePearls(m): 9:08am On May 29, 2019
BryanWyatt:

Download the whole ROM and flash with custom recovery TWRP, u will lose root but just reflash Magisk

Thanks man. Please can you give me a link to download the ROM and if possible also a link to a guide to install it. Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lilclin(m): 9:14am On May 29, 2019
Gptech:

That earpiece just dey there, nothing fantastic, bass very light, you loud the music too much, you instantly feel heavy distortion especially with the lows, main pro here na comfort and abit durable.
nawao... Can you recommend any other from Jumia?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:26am On May 29, 2019
saint2ace:

Excuse me? U again? Am really thinking this is somewhat spiritual or a high dose of low self esteem. Do u always have to insult people to make a point? And do u always have to prove a point about how rich or poor u are? Damn this is so messed up.

I wish you the best bro. We'll talk again in 20yrs and I'll ask you a few questions then that u'd be matured enough to answer. Cheers
You'd wait for enternity
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ElvisMcCoy(m): 9:31am On May 29, 2019
You'll be amazed at the staggering figure...
Especially if you've tasted midrangers and want something different, you go for the flagship killers.
You and I know how much the FLAGSHIP counterparts cost.

BryanWyatt:

So called flagship killers still attract 100k plus Naira embarassed embarassed. How many 9jas can drop 100k for a phone?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:36am On May 29, 2019
Baroba:
Those coming here to tell us how iphones, Sammy's are better than Xiaomi can start there own thread..We don't really care, Baroba and a lot of folks here can afford any phone out there if that's our priority, and I say that with a lot of humility, but we like the value Xiaomi gives us . .. cool

That K20 is looking amazing by the way...Happy inauguration day folks, we pray for Naija.

Don't tell me you are already thinking of dropping your Mi 8 abi Mi 9 for K20 Pro?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:41am On May 29, 2019
lilclin:
nawao... Can you recommend any other from Jumia?
If you must buy from Jumia

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ElvisMcCoy(m): 9:42am On May 29, 2019
Genius43, our K20 series gang is how many now? grin

genius43:

Don't tell me you are already thinking of dropping your Mi 8 abi Mi 9 for K20 Pro?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:43am On May 29, 2019
messymelly:

Ask them as if Xiaomi flagships are below 150k forcing people to like Xiaomi hell no every body has choice......Xiaomi is a good phone but Samsung is a better phone

And it still depends on the Samsung. The $1980 Samsung Galaxy Fold have still not been launched because of bad engineering.

When it comes to mid-range Samsung is playing catch-up.

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:43am On May 29, 2019
ElvisMcCoy:
Genius43, our K20 series gang is how many now? grin

Last count 10
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ElvisMcCoy(m): 9:45am On May 29, 2019
You missed my point. I was talking about flagship killers not a duel between Xiaomi and Samsung. Read my post well, check who I quoted and connect the dots then adjust your response accordingly. Thanks.

messymelly:

Ask them as if Xiaomi flagships are below 150k forcing people to like Xiaomi hell no every body has choice......Xiaomi is a good phone but Samsung is a better phone

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ElvisMcCoy(m): 9:46am On May 29, 2019
Na so... We are getting there... cheesy

genius43:

Last count 10
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:53am On May 29, 2019
Kingpeter404:
Dear nairalanders which small phone can I get for 2k on jumia that I can keep my sim

2k ke? Maybe you should increase to 5-6k.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OCTAVO: 9:53am On May 29, 2019
Those of you shouting IR blaster removal up and down, how many times do you use that stuff daily? cheesy
Most people only use it to impress people around them.
Since I bought my present phone, I only used IR remote once and that was the day I set it up. I always rely on my remote wares and forget I have device with IR blaster. angry
It all boils down to choice anyway.
I already know the next device I'm buying. wink

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gideonak: 9:59am On May 29, 2019
Note 4 case and tempered glass needed, any seller here?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ElvisMcCoy(m): 9:59am On May 29, 2019
Come and take kola...

OCTAVO:
Those of you shouting IR blaster removal up and down, how many times do you use that stuff daily? cheesy
Since I bought my present phone, I only used IR remote once and that was the day I set it up. I always rely on my remote wares and forget I have device with IR blaster. angry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ElvisMcCoy(m): 10:00am On May 29, 2019
grin
Maybe he meant 20k... We will never know...

fibonacci2526:

2k ke? Maybe you should increase to 5-6k.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gsparks01(m): 10:10am On May 29, 2019
OCTAVO:
I could say the same for NFC. They should have swapped that with IR.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jidobaba(m): 10:16am On May 29, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by INCREDIBLEGUY: 10:19am On May 29, 2019
With all this opinions from people, should I still go for Xiaomi n7, I just hope I won't be disappointed, with the notch , expecially with the battery, the battery, yes I mean the battery cause I am an heavy user, always on net 24 hours ,

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 10:26am On May 29, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
get a fairly used note 8 or iphone 7plus when you can get a brand new , more modern, better performing xiaomi at the same price
the s10 and iphone x da people are buying, isit less than 200k ?

Even the second hand of this phones are not less than 100k.

Don't mind him abeg.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 10:28am On May 29, 2019
gsparks01:
I could say the same for NFC. They should have swapped that with IR.

They intend to sell the phones in more global markets, hence it's no brainer it has NFC which is mostly used over there.NFC >IR blaster.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5077) (5078) (5079) (5080) (5081) (5082) (5083) ... (9332) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.