Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,216 members, 7,867,547 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 06:08 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9504239 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5109) (5110) (5111) (5112) (5113) (5114) (5115) ... (9334) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lordchiz(m): 9:35pm On May 31, 2019
This is d 18watts charger I thought....
With something like 6A charger.... But on the charger head is 5v.....2A
5V---5A max
0.8A

Is it up to 18watts?

Though I noticed the cable not to be d type C....if it is 18watts charger...can I use my RN7 with d head?

Pls gurus ..dis is for you!

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 9:35pm On May 31, 2019
Born2smile:

One area xiaomi file manager is better than Files by Google: it can easily extract zipped and rar files.

Two areas Files by Google is better than xiaomi file manager:
It helps you to locate and delete duplicate files and
It doesn't show ads
likewise mi file manager if u will disable the ads through the app settings under recommendation option.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mahkanjuh: 9:38pm On May 31, 2019
KCnaira:

Finally my RN7 cases came in and i just picked them up. Now i know my device is secure.

i came here looking for cases sometime ago, the only ones i was offered were just plank plastic or childish looking cases which could not even fully cover the Camera Bump..

NB: Pls for the sellers in the house
when buying cases in bulk, try to buy quality and beautiful protective cases like this to sell, so people like me can patronize you more instead of AE. Thank you all though...

Please can you share the pix of the case?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 9:42pm On May 31, 2019
lordchiz:
I finally got RN7 today at Makarfi plaza...kaduna.
I only saw black color ,though I wanted nebula red,I had to pick the 128gb/4gb for 78k....extra black casing 1k...screen guard for RN7 500....all together 79500 and I was given a 6A charger for free...gurus here should tell me if it 18watts charger pls.......

this fone is beyond this world...

I met d battery at 58%....I just switch it off and charge to 100 percent.
I no wan hear say I drain am ,wle no come dey last grin

I followed the this thread since last 2months with some critics here.....my people the battery bam Wella after 1hr and 2hrs ...which I will paste now....
Though I dey fear to update the miui to 10.3.50....
Should I?
And if I upgrade d miui, is it wise to restore factory settings again b4 use?
Cos this is important to me ...I need answer pls my gurus!
Here are all d screenshots!
Bouncing th**der fit f*re all d critics here cos d battery last pass my past infinix note 3pro with 4500mah.....
8%for 1hr on RN7
9% for infinix N3pro
16% lost for 2hrs screen on time on RN7...this is flawless...
You won't lose your settings after updating MIUI. You must not reset your phone whenever you update, personally I dunno why people do this because after every update it takes awhile for the system to recalibrate.

Make sure you activate the mi cloud account on the phone, with that even if you choose to factory reset the device at any time, once you login all your backup settings are restored.

Enjoy

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lordchiz(m): 9:47pm On May 31, 2019
[quote author=2kurupt post=78906015]
You won't lose your settings after updating MIUI. You must not reset your phone whenever you update, personally I dunno why people do this because after every update it takes awhile for the system to recalibrate.

Make sure you activate the mi cloud account on the phone, with that even if you choose to factory reset the device at any time, once you login all your backup settings are restored.

Tnks but I HV nothing on d device as I just bought it...first timer with Xiaomi.....so don't u think I do factory setting after update cos I heard people are doing it incase to make the new update perfect with a new restore factory system.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 9:49pm On May 31, 2019
lordchiz:
This is d 18watts charger I thought....
With something like 6A charger.... But on the charger head is 5v.....2A
5V---5A max
0.8A

Is it up to 18watts?

Though I noticed the cable not to be d type C....if it is 18watts charger...can I use my RN7 with d head?

Pls gurus ..dis is for you!
Use your default "follow come" charger and stop stressing yourself, it charges fast enough too.

Even if that charger you're holding is written 100 watts, it can't give you quick charge if it's not certified by Qualcomm. If you don't see this logo (attached below" beside your battery icon then know the charger doesn't support quick charge.

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 9:50pm On May 31, 2019
Born2smile:

Okay great. Thanks for pointing that out. Hopefully they will add the ability extract rar.

The Chinese are often very good at giving you very nice features unavailable in stock android such as the ability to quickly record calls, twin apps, etc.

You're right, many customisation or add-on are unavailable on stock android

SA is just plan and simple
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lordchiz(m): 9:50pm On May 31, 2019
2kurupt:

Enjoy

Tnks but I HV nothing on d device as I just bought it...first timer with Xiaomi.....so don't u think I do factory setting after update cos I heard people are doing it incase to make the new update perfect with a new restore factory system
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lordchiz(m): 9:50pm On May 31, 2019
More screenshots...

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 9:52pm On May 31, 2019
ElvisMcCoy:
Surely you can pay for the speed you need...

Ahhhhh i'm not ready to fall now, maybe in future. Be nice my brother be nice grin grin grin grin

Amazon shipping fee that is dragging price with the item you want to buy, imagine shipping fee for a TV is 2 times the price of the TV itself
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 9:54pm On May 31, 2019
acekid109:
there account has been suspended for a while now

No wonder,thanks alot boss,

E get one stubborn item wey just hang for lagos,e nor wan gree enter abuja,

Any other means to contact them?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 9:56pm On May 31, 2019
lordchiz:
More screenshots...
This look like those generic infinix chargers, I doubt if it has Qualcomm fast charge.

If you're so eager to use a fast charger then contact our accessory sellers here, you can have one for as little as 1.5k

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KCnaira(m): 9:57pm On May 31, 2019
i cant upload photos.. maybe its the Airtel network issue
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mfunkynation(m): 10:00pm On May 31, 2019
Ziyech:

Am guessing Redmi note 4x or 5?
Redmi note 7
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 10:00pm On May 31, 2019
Abeg this bad airtel network dey affect anyone else?abi na only me?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoboKush(m): 10:00pm On May 31, 2019
genius43:

If it is CN + Global ROM no problem go ahead.

But if it is CN ROM that's where there should be a but. I no how hard it was for me to explain the and help setup my Dad's RN7 Chinese version from a distance.

Scared of this too
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 10:05pm On May 31, 2019
ElvisMcCoy:
If the Redmi K20 and K20PRO is Pocophone F2 and F2Pro in India then in Europe it is Mi 9T and Mi 9T Pro which one would we get in 9ja? Our darling Xiaomi with its naming scheme though...
smiley smiley smiley

They are drunk cheesy I would be surprised if this device comes to Nigeria. Well we go buy whichever them get for alixpress so long its the same hardware and software and looks like the global version will support the glo band 28. So for people that are always craving for Glo 4G,na to buy global version.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MilesLamar(m): 10:06pm On May 31, 2019
5G network in UK

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by elantraceey(f): 10:09pm On May 31, 2019
madgoat:

How about the proximity sensor, apps crashing and volume during calls?
N.B stop saying an update will fix the battery ish. Its not true. Call a spade a spade.

Though you don't deserve it but I'm fed up of your lies, just because one or two people complain about something doesn't mean every owner of that same phone has the same issue,

I've been using redmi note 7 for 3 weeks now and My proximity sensor is ok,haven't noticed any issue with it, never experienced any app crashing except Twitter which I sent from my old phone, I just uninstalled it and downloaded another and my call volume is perfect, I even reduce it sometimes when I don't those around me to overhear the other end of my conversation.

And this is my ba3 , despite my terrible network still good enough for me.

Decided to reply so some people won't get misguided by your half-truths.

14 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ElvisMcCoy(m): 10:10pm On May 31, 2019
Wow... Don't worry, you'll get your items...I do not know the rationale behind the shipping cost two times the price of the item you want to buy...

spartacus11:

Ahhhhh i'm not ready to fall now, maybe in future. Be nice my brother be nice grin grin grin grin

Amazon shipping fee that is dragging price with the item you want to buy, imagine shipping fee for a TV is 2 times the price of the TV itself

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Born2smile: 10:13pm On May 31, 2019
spartacus11:

You're right, many customisation or add-on are unavailable on stock android

SA is just plan and simple

Please could you throw some light on these two features.

Thanks in advance.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Born2smile: 10:17pm On May 31, 2019
Mckandre:
likewise mi file manager if u will disable the ads through the app settings under recommendation option.

Yeah I disabled ads long ago.
But I wish I can change this mandarin grin

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 10:19pm On May 31, 2019
ElvisMcCoy:
Wow... Don't worry, you'll get your items...I do not know the rationale behind the shipping cost two times the price of the item you want to buy...

Item full Nigeria. we will wait until i need an item that is not on Jumia or probably too expensive on Jumia, last time i checked, jumia was kind of selling almost same price with Amazon on some items, why pay extra on shipping fee again

Compare and Contrast
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Horiolah(m): 10:20pm On May 31, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
at least, the prayer dey work for us.....las las na church he go land

Na wetin u believe bro.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 10:22pm On May 31, 2019
My network is the definition of bad! but my ba3 is awesome!

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 10:24pm On May 31, 2019
Horiolah:

Na wetin u believe bro.

or unbelief rather. You see, most Christians are atheistic to someone else's god. If you disbelief one more god, then voilĂ ! full blown atheism. It's only time. Nigerians will wake up.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ElvisMcCoy(m): 10:25pm On May 31, 2019
Gbamsolutely... You are right... Anyone we see on AliExpress we'll buy... Whether it is the Pocophone F2, K20Pro or Mi 9T pro. Provided we have what we're looking for and if it supports band 28 it will be an added bonus.

fibonacci2526:

They are drunk cheesy I would be surprised if this device comes to Nigeria. Well we go buy whichever them get for alixpress so long its the same hardware and software and looks like the global version will support the glo band 28. So for people that are always craving for Glo 4G,na to buy global version.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ElvisMcCoy(m): 10:28pm On May 31, 2019
Superb ....
spartacus11:

Item full Nigeria. we will wait until i need an item that is not on Jumia or probably too expensive on Jumia, last time i checked jumia was kind of selling almost same price of some of Amazon items, why pay extra on shipping fee again

Compare and Contrast
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Horiolah(m): 10:36pm On May 31, 2019
atheistandproud:

or unbelief rather. You see, most Christians are atheistic to someone else's god. If you disbelief one more god, then voilĂ ! full blown atheism. It's only time. Nigerians will wake up.

I was gonna say that... las las we're all atheist.

Me dey agnostic sha.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Matoade: 10:40pm On May 31, 2019
omoadeleye:

I am talking about a store

If you need it urgent i have one coming by next week, am in UCH

(1) (2) (3) ... (5109) (5110) (5111) (5112) (5113) (5114) (5115) ... (9334) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: michealdeco and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.