Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,765 members, 7,831,458 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9315478 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5153) (5154) (5155) (5156) (5157) (5158) (5159) ... (9323) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:18am On Jun 06, 2019
CitySect1:

what are the changes u noticed sir?

For now, dp of WhatsApp contacts are now displayed in the notification panel for incoming msgs. Just that so far between 3am and now boss

What about u boss?

I haven't done the update yet.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 7:19am On Jun 06, 2019
Adegbem01:

The seller promise to declare it as gift (40usd), hope that could work.... And I got it for 92k, Nigeria guys are selling from 97k
as gift??.. shocked .haaaa ....lemme nor talk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Messymelly1: 7:20am On Jun 06, 2019
Adegbem01:

The only change on the order page is the time count down
Talking from experience when I bought my phone the seller shipped it and the seller never update my order. I contacted him he told me my order has been shipped and gave me my tracking number. I got my phone my order was still on awaiting for shipment till last week I was supposed to get refunded, AliExpress msg me to extend, I had to contact the seller the very last day he updated my order blah blah blah whilst I have gotten my order almost 2months back

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adegbem01(m): 7:23am On Jun 06, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
as gift??.. shocked .haaaa ....lemme nor talk
talk na, I need feedback that why am saying it. Won't it work?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Messymelly1: 7:23am On Jun 06, 2019
missiles:

You are very correct, this is an eye opener
You don't have to indirectly tag me lmao call me out that's what men do not catch and hide
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yusuff4u2c(m): 7:24am On Jun 06, 2019
To the boses in the building who have updated their OS, I hope the update is bug free.... Redmi note 5

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:25am On Jun 06, 2019
Adegbem01:

The seller promise to declare it as gift (40usd), hope that could work.... And I got it for 92k, Nigeria guys are selling from 97k

And you get a lot of freebies along with from the Nigeria guys. Gift or not, it doesn't change the fact that if the package gets opened by customs they won't charge you. They will just Google the price of the phone and tag it whatever comes to their head. Just hope and pray sha.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adegbem01(m): 7:25am On Jun 06, 2019
Messymelly1:

Talking from experience when I bought my phone the seller shipped it and the seller never update my order. I contacted him he told me my order has been shipped and gave me my tracking number. I got my phone my order was still on awaiting for shipment till last week I was supposed to get refunded, AliExpress msg me to extend, I had to contact the seller the very last day he updated my order blah blah blah whilst I have gotten my order almost 2months back
I hope so sha
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:26am On Jun 06, 2019
yusuff4u2c:
To the boses in the building who have updated their OS, I hope the update is bug free.... Redmi note 5

Those who updated theirs last week haven't really complained so I guess so
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by orogodoganyin(m): 7:27am On Jun 06, 2019
IKON360:
That dude's face in the middle is an awesome meme waiting to happen
hahahaha...sure reminds me of guchybranch
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gnykelly(m): 7:27am On Jun 06, 2019
Hi guys how do I install Gcam on my redmi note 6pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Messymelly1: 7:28am On Jun 06, 2019
missiles:

You are very correct, this is an eye opener
I have been keeping mute lately, dude don't take me for granted I might not sound this nice next time never you accuse me again direct or indirectly.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adegbem01(m): 7:28am On Jun 06, 2019
genius43:

And you get a lot of freebies along with from the Nigeria guys. Gift or not, it doesn't change the fact that if the package gets opened by customs they won't charge you. They will just Google the price of the phone and tag it whatever comes to their head. Just hope and pray sha.
I am praying already, but please is this charging legal or custom people are just taking advantage of the masses
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:29am On Jun 06, 2019
gnykelly:
Hi guys how do I install Gcam on my redmi note 6pro

Unlock bootloader, root your phone, enable camera2api then install Gcam.

Note: whenever there is a system update you have to unroot your device before you update
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by suco01(m): 7:30am On Jun 06, 2019
liljboy:
how did you activate your power amp? And the MI sound enhancer ?

A bros from this group sent me the full version here.

MI Enhancer
Go to settings, headphone and audio effect, under audio settings u will see MI sound enhancer ON it and choose headphone type. Make sure u login into MI account before u can do this.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Messymelly1: 7:31am On Jun 06, 2019
genius43:

Unlock bootloader, root your phone, enable camera2api then install Gcam
camera2api ? is it a script or a module?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:32am On Jun 06, 2019
Adegbem01:

I am praying already, but please is this charging legal or custom people are just taking advantage of the masses

There is no way one can tell, but if you are lucky you might be able to beat down the price otherwise not. One should just avoid Goldway and Mi Global stores for now, Tonke and Fantacy are also good

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Messymelly1: 7:33am On Jun 06, 2019
Adegbem01:

I hope so sha
Contact your seller first before cancelling
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Messymelly1: 7:35am On Jun 06, 2019
liljboy:
link of what?
Earphone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:38am On Jun 06, 2019
Messymelly1:
camera2api ? is it a script or a module?

It is an Application programming interface. It is what is in-between the engine and the script.

Camera2 API to give camera app developers better access to more advanced controls of the camera, like manual exposure (ISO, shutter speed), focus, RAW capture etc.

Your phone came with it enabled otherwise you would have gone through those listed process. And if you are unlucky that the Phone manufacturer don't enable it and don't allow unlocking of bootloader then you won't be able to use Gcam

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Messymelly1: 7:38am On Jun 06, 2019
liljboy:
redmi7 for 35k ? Okay
7A I meant
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 7:39am On Jun 06, 2019
Adegbem01:

The only change on the order page is the time count down
relax, once this seller ship your package. You will get it within some days.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Messymelly1: 7:41am On Jun 06, 2019
genius43:

It is an Application programming interface. It is what is in-between the engine and the script.

Camera2 API to give camera app developers better access to more advanced controls of the camera, like manual exposure (ISO, shutter speed), focus, RAW capture etc.
how can one enable camera2 API and why is my phone not updating through cellular network?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by avalon7(m): 7:41am On Jun 06, 2019
Has anybody here used a LEAGOO product? If yes would you say its better than xiaomi product, they're definitely cheaper
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:42am On Jun 06, 2019
Messymelly1:
how can one enable camera2 API and why is my phone not updating through cellular network?

Your phone has it enabled already otherwise you won't be able to install and use GCam on your phone.

As for the update I don't know. What ROM are you using?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:44am On Jun 06, 2019
avalon7:
Has anybody here used a LEAGOO product? If yes would you say its better than xiaomi product, they're definitely cheaper

Leagoo and Xiaomi should not be used in the same comparison, they are words apart.

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 7:45am On Jun 06, 2019
avalon7:

LEAGOO is even lower than the likes of umidigi and co. So no they are way way inferior to Xiaomi. Dem no dey the same level.

9 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adegbem01(m): 7:46am On Jun 06, 2019
genius43:

There is no way one can tell, but if you are lucky you might be able to beat down the price otherwise not. One should just avoid Goldway and Mi Global stores for now, Tonke and Fantacy are also good
yeah I used goldway, I will update as things happen sha. Thanks guys

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EseAbed: 7:46am On Jun 06, 2019
Telvin7:
like I said the dxo mark is a joke.....so the camera on the mi9 is better than the one on the iPhone Xs Max abi??

Oga what are you saying? If one can almost compare RN7pro rear camera to that Xs max, Mi 9 supposed finish am na.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adegbem01(m): 7:47am On Jun 06, 2019
Messymelly1:

Contact your seller first before cancelling
I already did that this morning waiting for his feedback
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bigtt76(f): 7:50am On Jun 06, 2019
What's the total cost of the fone? Phone cost + DHL cost? Be sure that you will be charged customs duty once you use recognized courier services. The analogy that once its a gift you won't be charged is false. Is the Chinese seller your brother? Or your cousin? Custom officials are not foolish you know? Always factor these things in when making a decision to buy online. What if the device is defective? How do you send it back? Buy locally and Sav your self stress. You even get freebies locally. If I were you I will go that route. All the best shaaa.... You might be lucky. kiss

Adegbem01:

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:50am On Jun 06, 2019
Adegbem01:
yeah I used goldway, I will update as things happen sha. Thanks guys

All the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5153) (5154) (5155) (5156) (5157) (5158) (5159) ... (9323) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 16 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.