Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,372 members, 7,829,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9299231 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5158) (5159) (5160) (5161) (5162) (5163) (5164) ... (9323) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 12:08pm On Jun 06, 2019
Mohtab:

Troublemaker101 :

check out dz specs for my avaliable redmi note 6 pro!

Display: 6.26 inch 19:9 FHD+ screen
CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 Octa Core 1.8GHz
RAM + ROM: 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM
Camera: 12.0MP + 5.0MP rear camera + 20.0MP + 2.0MP front camera
Sensor: E-compass, Fingerprint Sensor, Gravity Sensor, Gyroscope
SIM Card: Nano SIM card + Nano SIM card / micro SD card

it's actually available for 83k!!!
and it's a pay on delivery
depending on your location!! check my signature to message me!
guyman, pls fear God.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Troublemaker101(m): 12:11pm On Jun 06, 2019
Mohtab:

Troublemaker101 :

check out dz specs for my avaliable redmi note 6 pro!

Display: 6.26 inch 19:9 FHD+ screen
CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 Octa Core 1.8GHz
RAM + ROM: 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM
Camera: 12.0MP + 5.0MP rear camera + 20.0MP + 2.0MP front camera
Sensor: E-compass, Fingerprint Sensor, Gravity Sensor, Gyroscope
SIM Card: Nano SIM card + Nano SIM card / micro SD card

it's actually available for 83k!!!
and it's a pay on delivery
depending on your location!! check my signature to message me!
83k kwa?,when it's 71k on jumia.... No thank u smiley
By the way, macbeyland has always posted the rn6 pro for 71k with accessories meaning it should be about 63-65k without accessories (if the price hasn't dropped sef cuz it's a phone from last yr)... His deal seems a lot better smiley

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Troublemaker101(m): 12:12pm On Jun 06, 2019
Mckandre:
guyman, pls fear God.
I weak grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Troublemaker101(m): 12:17pm On Jun 06, 2019
Kingpeter404:
So finally I and my 2 friends went out to chill today and one suddenly said make we compare camera so we used the front camera I was so disappointed in my phone today no let me lie we compared redmi note 7, hot s3x, and hots3 and they both beat me flawlessly in saturation their images looked so real and coloured while me was somehow close to black and white and looks boring na GCAM I use save myself from dem today after them dey attack me say I go waste money on top chinko abeg if u know how to set my note 7 camera to saturated one and add more colours abeg gist me o although i won them with back camera and they both surrendered on seeing GCAM
Mogbe grin,meaning they killed u with selfie cam... Transition abi transsision get camera game sha
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 12:18pm On Jun 06, 2019
Good day, guys. I'm in a fix now and I need help, please. Well, my colleague does, but I introduced him to MIUI.

He tried updating his RN5 and the image below is what he got. Apparently, the downloaded ROM isn't compatible with his phone. How do I fix this, please?

Please, I need help.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Troublemaker101(m): 12:20pm On Jun 06, 2019
EseAbed:
So I just got my Redmi Note 7 and here's what I noticed:

*The rear camera is amazing;Worth the hype.
*Selfie cam is almost horrible, makes face unlocking difficult ( My Redmi Note 5a Prime selfie cam was far better) Even on Gcam, it still isn't encouraging. Wish there was something that can be done about it.
*The battery is by far excellent..
*That emergency SOS is very innovative!

The experience has been wonderful tho..
Na wa
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:22pm On Jun 06, 2019
Lovexme:
Good day, guys. I'm in a fix now and I need help, please. Well, my colleague does, but I introduced him to MIUI.

He tried updating his RN5 and the image below is what he got. Apparently, the downloaded ROM isn't compatible with his phone. How do I fix this, please?

Please, I need the help.

I can't see any image, also screenshot the about section of the phone.

Seen it now, either the phone had a fake ROM installed or he downloaded the wrong ROM

CC: GrandMufti, Gptech
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 12:24pm On Jun 06, 2019
genius43:

I can't see any image, also screenshot the about section of the phone

Added the image now. Had to reduce the quality as file was too large. I can't get a picture of the 'About' section.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:26pm On Jun 06, 2019
Lovexme:

Added the image now. Had to reduce the quality and file too large. I can't get a picture of the 'About' section.
In the case that he doesn't have a fake ROM

Hope he didn't download recovery ROM instead of Fastboot ROM full package
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Halezis(m): 12:27pm On Jun 06, 2019
Trex4:
The Guy Is Just Telling Us What We Already Know. It Seems He Just Wanted To Post
Just maybe wink smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 12:28pm On Jun 06, 2019
genius43:

I can't see any image, also screenshot the about section of the phone.

Seen it now, either the phone had a fake ROM installed or he downloaded the wrong ROM

CC: GrandMufti, Gptech

I think it came with a fake ROM. He tried installing after downloading an update.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:28pm On Jun 06, 2019
Lovexme:

I think it came with a fake ROM. He tried installing after downloading an update.

Through OTA right?

Contact GrandMufti or Gptech for guidelines.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 12:30pm On Jun 06, 2019
genius43:

In the case that he doesn't have a fake ROM

Hope he didn't download recovery ROM instead of Fastboot ROM full package

OTA
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:31pm On Jun 06, 2019
Lovexme:

He downloaded straight after checking for an update from the updater.

Never knew there where still Note 5 with fake ROM, is this his first time of updating?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 12:32pm On Jun 06, 2019
genius43:

Never knew there where still Note 5 with fake ROM, is this his first time of updating?

Yes. He's had it for about a year. One time he tried updating via OTA, He got an error message about ROM not compatible.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:37pm On Jun 06, 2019
Lovexme:

Yes. He's had it for about a year. One time he tried updating via OTA, He got an error message about ROM not compatible.

Fake ROM confrmed. Good thing is the bootloade is unlocked. Just contact those I mentioned they have more experience in that area.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 12:41pm On Jun 06, 2019
genius43:

Fake ROM confrmed. Good thing is the bootloade is unlocked. Just contact those I mentioned they have more experience in that area.

Thanks for your help. Those guys aren't online, yet.

However, I just installed Mi PC Suite, but I'm unsure on which ROM to download, as I have a feeling I'd need to download one eventually.

I'll wait for them to come online.

CC Gptech, GrandMufti

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 12:45pm On Jun 06, 2019
Lovexme:

However, I just installed Mi PC Suite, but I'm unsure on which ROM to download, as I have a feeling I'd need to download one eventually.

i

Let him try rebooting
No fake rom for note 5.
Or unlock bootloader, Download the fastboot rom and flash

He probably changed his region and downloaded the rom for that region or he downloaded a suspended rom

http://bigota.d.miui.com/V10.3.1.0.PEIMIXM/whyred_global_images_V10.3.1.0.PEIMIXM_20190522.0000.00_9.0_global_8201319a7e.tgz

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 12:56pm On Jun 06, 2019
GrandMufti:

Let him try rebooting
No fake rom for note 5.
Or unlock bootloader, Download the fastboot rom and flash

He probably changed his region and downloaded the rom for that region or he downloaded a suspended rom

http://bigota.d.miui.com/V10.3.1.0.PEIMIXM/whyred_global_images_V10.3.1.0.PEIMIXM_20190522.0000.00_9.0_global_8201319a7e.tgz

I can't do anything on the phone beyond that screen I showed. It doesn't even reboot.

I enter into fastboot. Can I do anything from there?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 1:08pm On Jun 06, 2019
Lovexme:

I can't do anything on the phone beyond that screen I showed. It doesn't even reboot.

You can flash the fastboot ROM when you are in the fastboot mode. Make sure all drivers are properly installed on your PC. Download the fastboot ROM and unpack it with WinZip or any other extracting tool on your PC. Good luck.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 1:09pm On Jun 06, 2019
Lovexme:

Fastboot and flash with miflash the ROM link GrandMufti uploaded, the phone should come back to life
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 1:12pm On Jun 06, 2019
Lovexme:

CC Gptech, GrandMufti
Doubt if rom is fake, tell him to screenshot his about phone to confirm the rom.

Modified : just seeing phone is not coming up.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adegbem01(m): 1:13pm On Jun 06, 2019
bigtt76:
What's the total cost of the fone? Phone cost + DHL cost? Be sure that you will be charged customs duty once you use recognized courier services. The analogy that once its a gift you won't be charged is false. Is the Chinese seller your brother? Or your cousin? Custom officials are not foolish you know? Always factor these things in when making a decision to buy online. What if the device is defective? How do you send it back? Buy locally and Sav your self stress. You even get freebies locally. If I were you I will go that route. All the best shaaa.... You might be lucky. kiss

i cancel already, after all the feedback and the slowpoke nature of the seller. it is generally not worth the ish... looking forward to buy from nigeria guys as soon as the money is reverted

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 1:17pm On Jun 06, 2019
Lovexme:

Please, I need help.
Tried wiping data /factory reset from the above image?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 1:19pm On Jun 06, 2019
fibonacci2526:

You can flash the fastboot ROM when you are in the fastboot mode. Make sure all drivers are properly installed on your PC. Download the fastboot ROM and unpack it with WinZip or any other extracting tool on your PC. Good luck.

Currently downloading the ROM (2.2GB embarassed) I'm not totally sure how to go about using it via the fastboot, but I'll give it a try. Thanks.

CC Grandmufti, acekid109, gptech
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 1:23pm On Jun 06, 2019
Gptech:

Tried wiping data /factory reset from the above image?

Done that severally. It still goes back to that screen.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 06, 2019
So i went on AliExpress and discovered prices were generally reduced.so i quickly observed that the prices in dollar didn't reduce, just the prices in naira. Then i realised it was aliexpress's exchange rate. If the dollar fall is true, does anyone know when our banks are likely to effect it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 1:31pm On Jun 06, 2019
Lovexme:

Done that severally. It still goes back to that screen.
Ok, let's see what comes up with the fastboot flashing.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 1:35pm On Jun 06, 2019
Lovexme:

Currently downloading the ROM (2.2GB embarassed) I'm not totally sure how to go about using it via the fastboot, but I'll give it a try. Thanks.

follow this guide

https://en.miui.com/a-234.html
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 1:44pm On Jun 06, 2019
Lovexme:

Download MI flash, and from the link fibonacci2526 posted, after downloading the rom, extract it with 7zip or win rar, (and preferably to avoid errors while flashing, place the extracted folder in C:/ on your system) Miflash will also give you option to install drivers, which I'll advice you to install, Load the extracted firmware in miflash and use the clean all or save user data option in miflash, DON'T USE CLEAN ALL/LOCK

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 1:47pm On Jun 06, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 1:47pm On Jun 06, 2019
I don't understand. What about to the exchange rate? All phones suddenly became cheaper on AE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5158) (5159) (5160) (5161) (5162) (5163) (5164) ... (9323) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: monshow25(m), Azazyel and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.