Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9296196 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5159) (5160) (5161) (5162) (5163) (5164) (5165) ... (9322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adegbem01(m): 1:52pm On Jun 06, 2019
awesome99:
So i went on AliExpress and discovered prices were generally reduced.so i quickly observed that the prices in dollar didn't reduce, just the prices in naira. Then i realised it was aliexpress's exchange rate. If the dollar fall is true, does anyone know when our banks are likely to effect it
i was about writing about it too, rate is at 306!!!!!! i hope bank start transacting at the rate soon ooo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:54pm On Jun 06, 2019
Mustiboy:
I don't understand. What about to the exchange rate? All phones suddenly became cheaper on AE.

It is a glitch o, try placing an order and see if you won't be billed at normal bank rates
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 1:56pm On Jun 06, 2019
genius43:

It is a glitch o, try placing an order and see if you won't be billed at normal bank rates
oh! Really?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 1:57pm On Jun 06, 2019
Adegbem01:

i was about writing about it too, rate is at 306!!!!!! i hope bank start transacting at the rate soon ooo
Central Bank has always had dollar cheaper than other banks. Banks buy from CNN and then sell it at higher prices to make their gain.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adegbem01(m): 1:57pm On Jun 06, 2019
it not a glitch just that no bank will be trading at the current exchange rate, it 306ngn to 1usd (on cbn site sef)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by wiseword316(m): 2:02pm On Jun 06, 2019
IKON360:

Central Bank has always had dollar cheaper than other banks. Banks buy from CNN and then sell it at higher prices to make their gain.

Bros buy dollar from CNN!!!!� Nna men!

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 2:06pm On Jun 06, 2019
acekid109:
Download MI flash, and from the link fibonacci2526 posted, after downloading the rom, extract it with 7zip or win rar, (and preferably to avoid errors while flashing, place the extracted folder in C:/ on your system) Miflash will also give you option to install drivers, which I'll advice you to install, Load the extracted firmware in miflash and use the clean all or save user data option in miflash, DON'T USE CLEAN ALL/LOCK

I'm currently having problems installing MiFlash. I keep getting unhandled exception when I click to install drivers. I'll try to get another laptop to use.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 2:08pm On Jun 06, 2019
Lovexme:

I'm currently having problems installing MiFlash. I keep getting unhandled exception when I click to install drivers. I'll try to get another laptop to use.
good, on the folder that has xiaomiflash.exe (not sure of the name) create a new folder called log and the error should go

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by johnshagb(m): 2:18pm On Jun 06, 2019
wiseword316:

Na typo mess the guy up na grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kemshade: 2:23pm On Jun 06, 2019
genius43:

Order through Noobody or if you decide to buy from AE avoid stores with only DHL shipping for now and also hope and pray.
can I have his contact
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 06, 2019
genius43:

Install screenshot touch change the settings to high, use it a little and go back to the normal screenshot the quality should improve.

Okay,thanks. What are the steps to change to high. I am not seeing any such options
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 06, 2019
Mckandre:
guyman, pls fear God.

bro it's not my fault it's just the price

i can only advice you even get readmi note 7 instead
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:30pm On Jun 06, 2019
harveybeaks:

Okay,thanks. What are the steps to change to high. I am not seeing any such options

Jpeg file quality
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:31pm On Jun 06, 2019
kemshade:
can I have his contact

https://www.nairaland.com/noobody

His contacts are on his bio
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 2:36pm On Jun 06, 2019
acekid109:
good, on the folder that has xiaomiflash.exe (not sure of the name) create a new folder called log and the error should go

I created the log like you asked and it skipped the initial error. However, I keep getting windows security pop up, and when I click on the second option it showed a window with mandarin and 'ok' tab. Does it mean the drivers have been installed?

Pictures too large to upload.

Modified: I closed the app, and when I reopened there was no prompt to install drivers.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 2:40pm On Jun 06, 2019
Lovexme:

I created the log like you asked and it skipped the initial error. However, I keep getting windows security pop up, and when I click on the second option it showed a window with mandarin and 'ok' tab. Does it mean the drivers have been installed?

Pictures too large to upload.

Modified: I closed the app, and when I reopened there was no prompt to install drivers.
Thats to install drivers, I guess the drivers is installed then. Put the phone in fastboot mode (Vol Down n power Button) and connect to the PC, Check device manager, You should see it ID'ed as Android Bootloader Interface or so. As you've tried clearing data, no need to use the save user data option in miflash, just use clean all. (The fastboot rom has to be extracted 2 times. The final one should have images in its sub-folder)

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Messymelly1: 2:49pm On Jun 06, 2019
OllyFair:
how can someone check activity of digital wellbeing on Redmi 7?
Hold your camera icon and click on app info
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 2:52pm On Jun 06, 2019
wiseword316:

Lol because of you, I will not correct it

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 2:54pm On Jun 06, 2019
genius43:

https://www.nairaland.com/noobody

His contacts are on his bio

Thanks boss,God bless smiley

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 2:54pm On Jun 06, 2019
kemshade:
can I have his contact

Call/whatsapp:07051054953,08100115319

Cheers
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 2:57pm On Jun 06, 2019
acekid109:
Thats to install drivers, I guess the drivers is installed then. Put the phone in fastboot mode (Vol Down n power Button) and connect to the PC, Check device manager, You should see it ID'ed as Android Bootloader Interface or so. As you've tried clearing data, no need to use the save user data option in miflash, just use clean all. (The fastboot rom has to be extracted 2 times. The final one should have images in its sub-folder)

Is it ideal to extract the fastboot rom to desktop? Do I do it twice?

Modified: Couldn't find flash script.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 3:10pm On Jun 06, 2019
Lovexme:

extract it to C drive, most times u need to extract it 2 times till u can see those images folder and other files
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 3:12pm On Jun 06, 2019
Lovexme:

the first file is .tgz i think, when you open it with 7zip or winrar, there is another file again which has all the partition images. This is what I meant by you needing to extract it twice

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 3:23pm On Jun 06, 2019
acekid109:
the first file is .tgz i think, when you open it with 7zip or winrar, there is another file again which has all the partition images. This is what I meant by you needing to extract it twice

I extracted it twice to desktop and I saw the images folder, but it doesn't do anything when I try to select.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 3:27pm On Jun 06, 2019
Lovexme:

I extracted it twice to desktop and I saw the images folder, but it doesn't do anything when I try to select.
Good, Open mi flash and click on select, navigate to Desktop and locate the file, the one wit Images as sub folder then on the down right corner of miflash, select clean all and proceed to flash the phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Telvin7(m): 3:27pm On Jun 06, 2019
EseAbed:

Oga what are you saying? If one can almost compare RN7pro rear camera to that Xs max, Mi 9 supposed finish am na.
don't take dxo mark testing serious......they only look at features in the camera hardware like wide angle , telephoto etc.....then they give the device a score ...but in reality ...even from the mouth of some Youtubers like mkbhd, no phone feels better than the iPhone Xs Max in video quality and no phone feels better than the Google pixel 3 in photo quality...I repeat no phone.....

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 3:28pm On Jun 06, 2019
Lovexme:

If it's picked succesfully, you'll just be taken back to miflash, no special pop up or anything, proceed with the flashing from mi flash *Dont use Clean all and lock options*
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 3:33pm On Jun 06, 2019
Lovexme:

Modified: Couldn't find flash script.
Select the Folder with images sub-folder, not select the images folder. Thats the cause of your error
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 3:34pm On Jun 06, 2019
acekid109:
If it's picked succesfully, you'll just be taken back to miflash, no special pop up or anything, proceed with the flashing from mi flash *Dont use Clean all and lock options*

Couldn't find flash script

Images doesn't have a sub-folder. I clicked on the main folder, then selected images. Nothing else after Images folder.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 3:35pm On Jun 06, 2019
[quote author=Lovexme post=79076905]

https://www.xiaomigeek.com/flash-fastboot-rom-mi-flash-tool.html check there, watch the video if possible. It's straightforward
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 3:38pm On Jun 06, 2019
Lovexme:

Images doesn't have a sub-folder. I clicked on the main folder, then selected images. Nothing else after Images folder.
Don't Select images, that's the problem. Just select the main folder that has images in it and you are good to go, the scripts are inside this folder

(1) (2) (3) ... (5159) (5160) (5161) (5162) (5163) (5164) (5165) ... (9322) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Gptech(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.