Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,427 members, 7,830,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9300639 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5163) (5164) (5165) (5166) (5167) (5168) (5169) ... (9323) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gr8skillz(m): 11:21pm On Jun 06, 2019
Please I will need good gcam for redmi 7, I just joined the family and I simply love the device

IKON360:

Try these and snap again. Remember to use the gcam uploaded by BSG and this setup is for Redmi Note 7, not RN7pro but normal RN7

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olahpet777(m): 11:26pm On Jun 06, 2019
Gptech:

Then dry phone properly and fix the new screen, if it still has the issue, open dispute sharply, some of these generic screens come defective from factory.

Thanks man. I appreciate.! cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:35pm On Jun 06, 2019
stephinnoyewole:

Wats the app ad how does it works?

GCam tool, you have to buy it though. Haven't used it, saw the info on XDA
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:37pm On Jun 06, 2019

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by donprosper6(m): 11:51pm On Jun 06, 2019
GrandMufti:

More like 'will you eat this week? " grin

Lol. But seems it's not out yet ... In not getting any update
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Badookelzi(m): 12:30am On Jun 07, 2019
pls house between samsung galaxy M20 and redmi note 7 which one do u think is better
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nwaobitex: 12:38am On Jun 07, 2019
GrandMufti:

You mean unlock bootloader? Rooting is nothing compared to unlocking bootloader and flashing custom recovery.

But Yes, if the gcam does not require a patch. Otherwise you'll need to unlock bootloader
No I mean rooting to enable camera2API to install gcam
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 12:59am On Jun 07, 2019
henry007:
Picked up my Redmi K20 Pro from Macbeyland cool
Thanks for the patronage bro. Really anxious to see your review.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lanre316: 2:54am On Jun 07, 2019
Badookelzi:
pls house between samsung galaxy M20 and redmi note 7 which one do u think is better

Both are each better than the other one in certain aspects. It depends on you and what you want in a phone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lelepeautos(m): 2:59am On Jun 07, 2019
stephinnoyewole:

This is an insult bro
Haba

Leagoo na phone?

No dey carry Leagoo compare Xioami!

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 3:33am On Jun 07, 2019
mathefaro:
To do that, you need to also let him realize that he'll have to download the latest Rom and download manually but if he intends to go truth the updater app, he'll have to download all the updates and install them sequentially
Jesu shocked
Are u kidding me?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 3:52am On Jun 07, 2019
xpensivealex:
Is this the pie update? I tried to do it the last I ended up wasting my data cos hit doesn't install,any help please..am using Redmi note 5
What's your font name pls
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by solarview(m): 4:35am On Jun 07, 2019
Please where can I find

Redmi Note 5a replacement battery,
In Nigeria
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 5:48am On Jun 07, 2019
xpensivealex:
Is this the pie update? I tried to do it the last I ended up wasting my data cos hit doesn't install,any help please..am using Redmi note 5

Have you modified your recovery? If yes, it means your bootloader is unlocked. Download the fastboot rom of the update in tgz format and flash using mi flash tool.

Make sure you remove the option on mi flash tool from 'flash and lock' to just 'erase' before you start the process otherwise your phone will enter brickland if it's global rom.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lordfalcao(m): 6:10am On Jun 07, 2019
giggspro:
Pls how can I order xiaomi redmi 7 from AE, I base in onitsha. I want to know which post office they will ship it to in onitsha cause there are many post office in onitsha
you will get it in the main post office. I stay in Onitsha, I can help you order if you want
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:17am On Jun 07, 2019
solarview:
Please where can I find

Redmi Note 5a replacement battery,
In Nigeria

Order from AliExpress.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:05am On Jun 07, 2019
henry007:
after you are done with the reviewing and unboxing on your channel.. if you want to resell. kindly mention me sir
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kogistar: 7:06am On Jun 07, 2019
henry007:
give us its review
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by freesty(m): 7:24am On Jun 07, 2019
Hi friends... It's official! I'm a Xiaomite and I can't keep calm wink...received my RN7 (4GB/128GB variant) yesterday via the post office and I can definitely say it's worth the wait (took 3 weeks to get to me in Jos; Ali express rocks cool) and I'm literally in love with the device right now. A little additional icing to this already "tasty cake" is the fact that I didn't have to pay a dime at the post office considering there was no custom duty 'ish' on my parcel (read on here about other peeps' unfortunate experience with that)...okay, lemme go take my new baby for a spin...It's really great to be a part of this family. Thank y'all for your comments on this thread, they really helped in my decision to get this "baby"...Any tips to seamless usage will be appreciated + how do I go about changing fonts please ( preferably without root access)...Thanks guys

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 7:36am On Jun 07, 2019
paulmarkino:
Please House, my xiaomi Note 4x charger just mistakenly fell on floor and stopped working. What can be the cause? If it is gone, can someone recommend a very reliable fast charger for me with link on Aliexpress. Thanks Homies. I am waiting for you gurus reply...........�
Tronsmart, AUKEY and Anker chargers are recommended for u
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mfunkynation(m): 7:38am On Jun 07, 2019
solarview:
Please where can I find
Redmi Note 5a replacement battery, In Nigeria
you can only get it on AliExpress.. kindly order from this link:
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ixOBD7i
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EBUBS(m): 8:00am On Jun 07, 2019
biko...... who knows if the xiaomi service center in Lagos fix phones
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoboKush(m): 8:05am On Jun 07, 2019
Na two charger follow m come while Nigeria own na white charger black cord

freesty:
Hi friends... It's official! I'm a Xiaomite and I can't keep calm wink...received my RN7 (4GB/128GB variant) yesterday via the post office and I can definitely say it was worth the wait (took 3 weeks to get to me in Jos; Ali express rocks cool) and I'm literally in love with the device right now. A little additional icing to this already "tasty cake" is the fact that I didn't have to pay a dime at the post office considering there was no custom duty 'ish' on my parcel (read on here about other peeps' unfortunate experience with that)...okay, lemme go take my new baby for a spin...It's really great to be a part of this family. Thank y'all for your comments on this thread, they really helped in my decision to get this "baby"...Any tips to seamless usage will be appreciated + how do I go about changing fonts please ( preferably without root access)...Thanks guys
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:13am On Jun 07, 2019
BoboKush:

That's a UK adapter and the other one in the box is the charger.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 8:18am On Jun 07, 2019
henry007:
Me: *clicks video
Video: its arik air..... cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by freesty(m): 8:30am On Jun 07, 2019
Nah... not too chargers.... one adapter and one charger

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by freesty(m): 8:31am On Jun 07, 2019
BoboKush:

Nah... not too chargers.... one adapter and one charger

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 8:38am On Jun 07, 2019
henry007:
When is the review coming up?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 8:50am On Jun 07, 2019
freesty:
Hi friends... It's official! I'm a Xiaomite and I can't keep calm wink...received my RN7 (4GB/128GB variant) yesterday via the post office and I can definitely say it was worth the wait (took 3 weeks to get to me in Jos; Ali express rocks cool) and I'm literally in love with the device right now. A little additional icing to this already "tasty cake" is the fact that I didn't have to pay a dime at the post office considering there was no custom duty 'ish' on my parcel (read on here about other peeps' unfortunate experience with that)...okay, lemme go take my new baby for a spin...It's really great to be a part of this family. Thank y'all for your comments on this thread, they really helped in my decision to get this "baby"...Any tips to seamless usage will be appreciated + how do I go about changing fonts please ( preferably without root access)...Thanks guys
Download telegram, search for Lavender and also search Lavender Gcam BSG or something like that. Join all the Lavender groups, the admin is a bot called Rose. You will find tons of useful information about the phone even how to use awesome apps to make your homescreen elicit jealousy, how to use fonts and camera tricks to wow people. Also there is RN7 thread on xda developers, join it too and you will also see tons of help for issues on your phone. And if you don't have data just go and buy a new airtel Sim, they should dash you like 4gb, use it and set up your phone. And if data finishes and you need help with something, use freemode and join nairaland and ask your questions. Ask with details and you will get answers with details too. Welcome on board.

21 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 8:53am On Jun 07, 2019
genius43:

Refresh your updater app and you will get it.

http://bigota.d.miui.com/V10.3.1.0.PEIMIXM/miui_HMNote5Global_V10.3.1.0.PEIMIXM_d4d2c9f2aa_9.0.zip
Thanks a million! I'm helping someone with Chinese version installed with global rom and custom recovery to update. The person couldn't update through OTA.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 8:56am On Jun 07, 2019
K20 Pro SOT initial take off. Spent majority of the time downloading and testing different versions of GCAM

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 8:58am On Jun 07, 2019
IKON360:

When is the review coming up?

Pretty soon

(1) (2) (3) ... (5163) (5164) (5165) (5166) (5167) (5168) (5169) ... (9323) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.