Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,293 members, 7,829,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9296917 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5162) (5163) (5164) (5165) (5166) (5167) (5168) ... (9322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:25pm On Jun 06, 2019
paulmarkino:
Please House, my xiaomi Note 4x charger just mistakenly fell on floor and stopped working. What can be the cause? If it is gone, can someone recommend a very reliable fast charger for me with link on Aliexpress. Thanks Homies. I am waiting for you gurus reply...........�

As you no gree change phone, the charger don Waka leave you

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:26pm On Jun 06, 2019
awesome99:

Bro, when people tell you 5G will chop data they're not lying. Not necessarily chop sha per say, it will lead to wastage. Imagine having speed enough to finish your monthly sub in minutes. I was in a small town without 4G and i rarely used up 1GB of data daily on 3G.When i returned back to town i was using over 2GB daily browsing on 4G.the speed makes for the waste actually. I hope you understand

This is a new one
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:33pm On Jun 06, 2019
Diegobonito:
Imagine common charger you want to buy outside the country. If I say it won't be well with you now they'll say I'm wicked. Before you tell me it's your money and you can do what you want with it just know that it won't be well with you. Iranu

See wetin mtn ₦200 sub dey cause

14 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 06, 2019
GrandMufti:

See wetin mtn ₦200 sub dey cause
Hehehehe, besides I use Airtel Now. Also mtn too. Shhhh. That thing pain me Sha

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by liljboy(m): 9:49pm On Jun 06, 2019
GrandMufti:

Calm down grin
lol talk jare
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chuksp09(m): 9:50pm On Jun 06, 2019
anyone with a used redmi 6 pro, redmi 6a or redmi go for sale in lagos?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 9:50pm On Jun 06, 2019
Picked up my Redmi K20 Pro from Macbeyland cool

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:51pm On Jun 06, 2019
GrandMufti:

As you no gree change phone, the charger don Waka leave you
Instead of u to advise am to buy like 2 extra charges, we kw when u allow that Redmi note 3 pro SE go ooo, oga Pharaoh grin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by paulmarkino: 9:53pm On Jun 06, 2019
Diegobonito:
Imagine common charger you want to buy outside the country. If I say it won't be well with you now they'll say I'm wicked. Before you tell me it's your money and you can do what you want with it just know that it won't be well with you. Iranu

My dear relax. I have a six year old charger from Amazon. It is over good till today. The Samsung charger has charged 4 power banks from 2013 till today and it is still working without problems. Note 4x I bought 2017 has already chopped 4 chargers. Products made for Nigeria are super inferior my dear. I want quality not quantity.

9 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 06, 2019
paulmarkino:

My dear relax. I have a six year old charger from Amazon. It is over good till today. The Samsung charger has charged 4 power banks from 2013 till today and it is still working without problems. Note 4x I bought 2017 has already chopped 4 chargers. Products made for Nigeria are super inferior my dear. I want quality not quantity.
OK OK OK, Just that you're messing up our economy. Don't tell about politicians ooo. Bye
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 06, 2019
henry007:
Swap with my Note 7?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by paulmarkino: 9:59pm On Jun 06, 2019
Diegobonito:
OK OK OK, Just that you're messing up our economy. Don't tell about politicians ooo. Bye

Our president comfortably says He is going to Abroad for medical treatment when Minister of labour is a Retired medical Doctor.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jun 06, 2019
paulmarkino:

Our president comfortably says He is going to Abroad for medical treatment when Minister of labour is a Retired medical Doctor.
Oh, here we go! It's your money bro. Enjoy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olahpet777(m): 10:09pm On Jun 06, 2019
Hello House. I've got a problem!. So i ordered a screen with frame for my redmi 5 plus about a month ago and it arrived today. Now coincidentally, rain fell today and the board got wet. (the phone itself with the old screen that was bad) i just casually dried it and went to collect the new screen from the post office later and fixed the new screen. At first it was pressing itself and half the touch was working(that was in the afternoon) now only half the touch still works but its no longer pressing itself.
Now to my dilemma.
Is the new touch faulty and do I return it by pressing that open dispute button
OR
Dismantle the phone, dry the board till tomorrow?? But i personally think the board getting wet before i attached the new screen should not make the new screen malfunction!

Ahbeg i need y'all's help. Money tight, e must not enter fire jus like that! Edakun!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:15pm On Jun 06, 2019
henry007:

I thought you would wait for Jumia grin. Best route to go if you want to review devices that the OEM haven't sent review units.

Nice one though we will be on the lookout for your review

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:16pm On Jun 06, 2019
MichaelPeculiar:
Peculiar

Purch Store, Medical Road, Computer Village, Ikeja

O9059117482

Redmi Note 7 3/32...........
Redmi Note 7 4/64............
Redmi Note 7 4/128...........

Redmi 7 3/32.........
Redmi 7 3/64........,,

Redmi Go

At a discounted price

We have a Xiaomi thread store for ads. No ads here.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kakashiii(m): 10:17pm On Jun 06, 2019
krattoss:
Abeg when will Glo and MTN start talking about 5G?

Is it when the whole world move to 6G?

don't let people who say 5G go chop data 5G go chop Data foool you

I went to YouTube to hear from people who are already using it and what they are saying is,

if you want to download e.g 1GB movie from the Internet on 4G it will take 30-40 minutes but on 5G it will take 5 seconds.

Now the difference here is the timing of the download. On 4G 1gb will be deducted from your plan while on 5G 1GB will be deducted from your plan also.

It's like downloading with 3G and 4G LTE. Same 1GB will be deducted for downloading the same file but the difference is the timing. 3G might take 1r 20min to complete while a proper 4G LTE will take 30-40 minutes to complete. But 5G will take 5 seconds.But all of them will still deduct the same 1GB for downloading the same movie

Nice one bro. This is the truth. It's still the same data consumption. The only difference is that, with faster speed comes faster usage.

You will want to stream YouTube videos, open bigger webpages, download very large files within seconds (and many other things) etc. And before you know it, your data is finished.

To enjoy 5G, our network service providers need to come up with better data rates. In my opinion , unlimited will be the true way to enjoy 5G. But which network service provider offers true unlimited data. None.

When you reach a particular data cap, they slow down the network speed and make browsing life miserable for one. No one wants to lose.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:23pm On Jun 06, 2019
Diegobonito:
Hehehehe, besides I use Airtel Now. Also mtn too. Shhhh. That thing pain me Sha

Sorry sir
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:24pm On Jun 06, 2019
Gptech:

Instead of u to advise am to buy like 2 extra charges, we kw when u allow that Redmi note 3 pro SE go ooo, oga Pharaoh grin.

Chai cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adeniyilamlek(m): 10:33pm On Jun 06, 2019
Can I get clean used redmi note 7 or brand new one @affordable price in ibadan edakun
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yak(m): 10:33pm On Jun 06, 2019
krattoss:
Abeg when will Glo and MTN start talking about 5G?

Is it when the whole world move to 6G?

don't let people who say 5G go chop data 5G go chop Data foool you

I went to YouTube to hear from people who are already using it and what they are saying is,

if you want to download e.g 1GB movie from the Internet on 4G it will take 30-40 minutes but on 5G it will take 5 seconds.

Now the difference here is the timing of the download. On 4G 1gb will be deducted from your plan while on 5G 1GB will be deducted from your plan also.

It's like downloading with 3G and 4G LTE. Same 1GB will be deducted for downloading the same file but the difference is the timing. 3G might take 1r 20min to complete while a proper 4G LTE will take 30-40 minutes to complete. But 5G will take 5 seconds.But all of them will still deduct the same 1GB for downloading the same movie

Oga, u are overly ambitious with expectation. Look at our current 3G dats slow like original 2G. Even the speed of the 4G is dere yet and u are already calling for 5n6G
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Landforce1: 10:38pm On Jun 06, 2019
genius43:

Up your budget and with 42k and get yourself a 2/16Gb Redmi 7 or the 3/32Gb variant for 46-47.5k

Does it support gcam
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:39pm On Jun 06, 2019
Landforce1:

Does it support gcam

Yes it does

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 10:53pm On Jun 06, 2019
genius43:

The only solution available is through a paid app, so manage it like that
Wats the app ad how does it works?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 11:03pm On Jun 06, 2019
liljboy:
redmi7 for 35k ? Okay
He's high u sud knw
Or maybe he wants to sell his own
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 11:06pm On Jun 06, 2019
genius43:

Unlock bootloader, root your phone, enable camera2api then install Gcam.

Note: whenever there is a system update you have to unroot your device before you update
Also remba to tell him that he will need to revert back to stock boot.IMG and stock recovery
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 11:08pm On Jun 06, 2019
avalon7:
Has anybody here used a LEAGOO product? If yes would you say its better than xiaomi product, they're definitely cheaper
This is an insult bro
Haba
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:11pm On Jun 06, 2019
olahpet777:
Hello House. I've got a problem!. So i ordered a screen with frame for my redmi 5 plus about a month ago and it arrived today. Now coincidentally, rain fell today and the board got wet. (the phone itself with the old screen that was bad) i just casually dried it and went to collect the new screen from the post office later and fixed the new screen. At first it was pressing itself and half the touch was working(that was in the afternoon) now only half the touch still works but its no longer pressing itself.
Now to my dilemma.
Is the new touch faulty and do I return it by pressing that open dispute button
OR
Dismantle the phone, dry the board till tomorrow?? But i personally think the board getting wet before i attached the new screen should not make the new screen malfunction!

Ahbeg i need y'all's help. Money tight, e must not enter fire jus like that! Edakun!
Remove the new screen and dry the phone properly. Put back the old screen to confirm if problem is with your wet phone or the new screen. If it works well, put back the new screen, if problem persists, open dispute, screen is defective.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olahpet777(m): 11:15pm On Jun 06, 2019
Gptech:

Remove the new screen and dry the phone properly. Put back the old screen to confirm if problem is with your wet phone or the new screen. If it works well, put back the new screen, if problem persists, open dispute, screen is defective.

Thanks for your reply. Only issue is that i can't test with the old screen cus it's completely bad. Blackout bad. angry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:19pm On Jun 06, 2019
olahpet777:

Thanks for your reply. Only issue is that i can't test with the old screen cus it's completely bad. Blackout bad. angry
Then dry phone properly and fix the new screen, if it still has the issue, open dispute sharply, some of these generic screens come defective from factory.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5162) (5163) (5164) (5165) (5166) (5167) (5168) ... (9322) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.