Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,502 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9317422 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5282) (5283) (5284) (5285) (5286) (5287) (5288) ... (9323) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jaygee010: 8:17am On Jun 21, 2019
All my wallpapers Shot on my Redmi note 7 grin

17 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:18am On Jun 21, 2019
omoadeleye:

done all these already but still showing on my WhatsApp

That's not from Xiaomi, hope you are not using a third-party WhatsApp?

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sam2310(m): 8:18am On Jun 21, 2019
genius43:

I posted this some days ago follow the steps on that link

https://techpp.com/2018/09/17/remove-ads-xiaomi-miui-guide/amp/
thanks, the msa and download disable have stop the ads

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:20am On Jun 21, 2019
Sam2310:
thanks, the msa and download disable have stop the ads

Also turn off recommendations on apps like file manager, music player, video player and that scanning part after installing an app.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Luisema4luv(m): 8:22am On Jun 21, 2019
priceaction:
glo and their fraudulent activities:
Here is the gist: I was running out of data so i wanted to top up my Glo 4g sim, i wanted to subscribe for 12.5gig @ the rate of 2500. I initially , i had 480 on my line, so i bought credit of 2050, from mobile banking to top up the 480 so that i can have over 2500 to do my normal subscription.
I got debited immediately but i couldn't find my top up. I tested gain with another 50naira, and that one entered. I called the cc only to be told that any credit i bought via online top up, be it any bank that has 50naira ontop will automatically be converted to bonus. That i have around 8k credit bonus which i cant convert to data but can be used to call or browse at 3naira/kb (barawo people with useless network), which i couldnt even access because the code they gave me to check it was not even valid, so i was helpless.The funny thing is that it is not even a plan , just a bonus for that matter. I was like i have been using glo almost 8 years or so, i never heard this. she said that was it and nothing can be done. I hanged up and did little research online, couldn't find any. Later i called another cc agent, she told me the same as the first one. After much talking, she said i should go to my bank for reversal and from their end, they are helpless. I later went to my bank for some transaction and used the opportunity to ask for a cancellation only for me to be told by my banker that nothing they can do and he has fallen a victim like i did few months ago and he has to angrily abandon his glo line then because the cc agents were telling him same thing. He said he was scammed just as i was.
I am writing this here because of the rest of us that do subscribe via mobile banking(i will open thread for this again for people to be aware). I dont know why this country is like this. First it was etisalat that cheated me of around 6k sometimes ago now glo. I don't know if its same for any other network but am hearing this for the first time. So ladies and gentle men, if you are subscribing via online portal, never ever add 50 naira on top so that you wont have similar case like mine.

They have done me same in the past (last year to b precise) any mobile top up having 50 enters bonus ( it is called Glo 4x).
They are mad, funny enuf they won't tell u about it until u fall a victim,just wasted d bonus cuz i was nt happy. thank God i dn port enter airtel

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Luisema4luv(m): 8:25am On Jun 21, 2019
BryanWyatt:

Dy call it welcome back bonus for abandoned lines

Nah its called glo 4x ,dem dn do me dat tin b4,d CC just dey trash talk say e dn dy lik dat for long say any recharge via mobile wit 50 naira top up means u re subbing to the plan

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EseAbed: 8:34am On Jun 21, 2019
priceaction:
Here is the gist: I was running out of data so i wanted to top up my Glo 4g sim, i wanted to subscribe for 12.5gig @ the rate of 2500. I initially , i had 480 on my line, so i bought credit of 2050, from mobile banking to top up the 480 so that i can have over 2500 to do my normal subscription.
I got debited immediately but i couldn't find my top up. I tested gain with another 50naira, and that one entered. I called the cc only to be told that any credit i bought via online top up, be it any bank that has 50naira ontop will automatically be converted to bonus. That i have around 8k credit bonus which i cant convert to data but can be used to call or browse at 3naira/kb (barawo people with useless network), which i couldnt even access because the code they gave me to check it was not even valid, so i was helpless.The funny thing is that it is not even a plan , just a bonus for that matter. I was like i have been using glo almost 8 years or so, i never heard this. she said that was it and nothing can be done. I hanged up and did little research online, couldn't find any. Later i called another cc agent, she told me the same as the first one. After much talking, she said i should go to my bank for reversal and from their end, they are helpless. I later went to my bank for some transaction and used the opportunity to ask for a cancellation only for me to be told by my banker that nothing they can do and he has fallen a victim like i did few months ago and he has to angrily abandon his glo line then because the cc agents were telling him same thing. He said he was scammed just as i was.
I am writing this here because of the rest of us that do subscribe via mobile banking(i will open thread for this again for people to be aware). I dont know why this country is like this. First it was etisalat that cheated me of around 6k sometimes ago now glo. I don't know if its same for any other network but am hearing this for the first time. So ladies and gentle men, if you are subscribing via online portal, never ever add 50 naira on top so that you wont have similar case like mine.

Oops..I'm so sorry...

Anyways, how do you get 12.5gb for 2.5k on glo..? This is mouthwatering

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:34am On Jun 21, 2019
OluwaseunBanjo:
I was shocked yesterday that glo 4G work on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime. It works very well. Do glo have another band apart from band 28? This my Xiaomi do not support glo band 28? How did it work?

Glo have been deploying LTE band 3, Your area just got it. The rollout started around November last year but the rollout is slow. If you have been following the thread you would have known. Congratulations

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:38am On Jun 21, 2019

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omoadeleye(m): 8:38am On Jun 21, 2019
genius43:

That's not from Xiaomi, hope you are not using a third-party WhatsApp?

Nope, am not using
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:39am On Jun 21, 2019
omoadeleye:

Nope, am not using

Check for any app you installed recently, because an sure those ads are not from Xiaomi

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EseAbed: 8:53am On Jun 21, 2019
Good Morning Gurus,

Is there a way to fix the sound output for bluetooth on RN7? It's quite low.. Playing music directly with the 3.5mm jack from my then RN 5AP was quite low so I ordered this bluetooth receiver and the output was great.. I was expecting same with the RN 7 but I'm somewhat disappointed�.. It's better with the earphone jack tho but I'm already addicted to using the bluetooth..

Pls help.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 21, 2019
EseAbed:

Oops..I'm so sorry...

Anyways, how do you get 12.5gb for 2.5k on glo..? This is mouthwatering

new sim, valid for 4 months, after that it is normal package they will bill you. But you have to port away immediately from default plan, glo yakata if you get new sim because that yakata is fraudulent to me.
So this is what i do. Because i do many stuffs online that require heavy data usage, i port to bumba tarrif..(*100*10*1#) which gives me 200% bonus on every recharge. i get like 4k credit to call any netwrk at normal rate valid for 1 month or so. Then i subscribe to any normal plan like 2500 for 12.5gig. I have a dedicated slot for this on my phone and share it with my other glo line and do as i like. But you know, you must have stong network in your area, unless you will get frustrated with their useless network.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:26am On Jun 21, 2019
priceaction:

new sim, valid for 4 months, after that it is normal package they will bill you. But you have to port away immediately from default plan, glo yakata if you get new sim because that yakata is fraudulent to me.
So this is what i do. Because i do many stuffs online that require heavy data usage, i port to bumba tarrif..(*100*10*1#) which gives me 200% bonus on every recharge. i get like 4k credit to call any netwrk at normal rate valid for 1 month or so. Then i subscribe to any normal plan like 2500 for 12.5gig. I have a dedicated slot for this on my phone and share it with my other glo line do as i like. But you know, you must have stong network in your area, unless you will get frustrated with their useless network.

The bolded is very important when it involves Glo

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:32am On Jun 21, 2019
genius43:

Abeg put the final BSG GCam Mod link for RN7 among your it is the best right now.

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/MGC_6.2.030_RN7_V1a_FINAL.apk

I also have the link to the latest Bulkin Mod for RN7 sha
Done + ads removal link added.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Habiodunz(m): 9:41am On Jun 21, 2019
jboixxx:

Oga Abiodun, I meant no disrespect nor insult. Apologies if you feel offended; this life is too short to start unnecessary bickering. E ma binu, sir.

grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dazzy4real(m): 9:49am On Jun 21, 2019
Olumyyde:

Congrats bro. what variant did u get?

4gb/64gb
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:08am On Jun 21, 2019
jboixxx:

Done + ads removal link added.

You are the best

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Halezis(m): 10:10am On Jun 21, 2019
priceaction:
Thanks for sharing. Have been subbing with Glo but never noticed this. Maybe because I always purchase round figures.

Sorry for the inconveniences bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1000angstroms(m): 10:36am On Jun 21, 2019
OluwaseunBanjo:
I was shocked yesterday that glo 4G work on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime. It works very well. Do glo have another band apart from band 28? This my Xiaomi do not support glo band 28? How did it work?
Did water enter the top side of your phone?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by WizAkzy: 11:11am On Jun 21, 2019
Jaygee010:
All my wallpapers Shot on my Redmi note 7 grin
bro please what's the name of your theme?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mykelshowz(m): 11:12am On Jun 21, 2019
pls who has pubg triggers for sale, I wanna buy it and I don't want to wait 30 days or more for it to be shipped. proteinO, gptech, macbeyland, noobody etc guys help

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Prince202020(m): 11:18am On Jun 21, 2019
Redmi Note 5 China Version with Global ROM, Should I update to pie? Have never tinkered with it since n I have been updating the MiUi without issues.

P.S: Region, India.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lordchiz(m): 11:22am On Jun 21, 2019
JulianoB:
Just initiated another 2 persons to the Xiaomi family, thanks to Ifedith.
Got 2 Redmi S2, plus accessories @ a very good deal from him. Took his time to breakdown the cost for all items . LEGIT GUY!!!
Hw much is it....let me see if I can recommend this one to guys that can't get RN7
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kenomobola(m): 11:26am On Jun 21, 2019
priceaction:

Sadly, it's not something new, Glo have been pulling this stunt for some months now. Glo have deliberately kept silent about it, just like those miscreants who cover road signs and wait for people to fall into their trap. I blame the NCC, consumer protection agencies, and our unpredictable judicial system for this anomaly.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:39am On Jun 21, 2019
Prince202020:
Redmi Note 5 China Version with Global ROM, Should I update to pie? Have never tinkered with it since n I have been updating the MiUi without issues.

P.S: Region, India.

I don't see reasons why not. I use The same version as your and I updated without issues

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:40am On Jun 21, 2019
lordchiz:

Hw much is it....let me see if I can recommend this one to guys that can't get RN7

The Redmi Note 5 should be a better option.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 11:40am On Jun 21, 2019
So I did it and I must say, WOW!!! All those pictures were taken with default cam set to night. More details were involded too and the colours were depicted with a bit more exactitude.
First is with night mode and 2nd normal camera
Genius43

12 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lordchiz(m): 11:40am On Jun 21, 2019
MobileGees:

Oga I no follow you quarel at all but it seems life don frustrate you already you con dey take everything as quarel

you think say I no do research before coming here to rant?

Probably because of the 6gb ram but I'm telling you the Nokia X6 was way faster than my Redmi note 7 and what do I even need Google for when we already did real life test

Nokia X6 beat my Note 7 both in camera and speed test way we do

I also didn't believe sad might be because of X6 has 6gb ram

And so if Google tell me something is black and I see the thing for real as red I should believe Google? angry angry angry
B4 ranting like a novice in comparison, did u compare the apps installed in the 2 phones......?
B4 u knw which one is faster....why not format both phones and install like 5 same apps on each and then do the test!
I HV done dis same test with my brother's X6.....and he sold it same day and got RN7 pro...so bro calm down dey lie for here!
Like AtheistNproud already highlighted d specs.....Oyibo no dey mad like u to come dey lie with specs like our Ibo-Brothers in Transsion lie alot! (I be Ibo oooo.....b4 bottle go break for my head oooo)
#ILikeToTalkTheTruth grin

9 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 21, 2019
Where can I get the Mi Airdots here in Naija? embarassed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lordchiz(m): 11:42am On Jun 21, 2019
IKON360:
So I did it and I must say, WOW!!! All those pictures were taken with default cam set to night. More details were involded too and the colours were depicted with a bit more exactitude.
First is with night mode and 2nd normal camera
Genius43
Upload d second cos na one pix I see here
And also state d time d pix was taken bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (5282) (5283) (5284) (5285) (5286) (5287) (5288) ... (9323) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: t33why and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.