Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9304575 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5332) (5333) (5334) (5335) (5336) (5337) (5338) ... (9323) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abduletudaye(m): 10:47pm On Jun 26, 2019
Gptech:

What actually happened and how long are they going to take to fix it?

OK, i kept it (my Rn5) on the ground to sleep as i have always done. I woke up next morning to unlock using my rare sensor only to realised that a blank response was always coming up.. Phone was showing a grey blank image. I restarted almost five times without any solution. I had bootleggers rom flashed. But i noticed that the MI logo showed with the 'unlocked' notification at the bottom.

So, i moved in for repairs which i hate doing, spent 13k to order a new screen. only to be told today, that the seller sent an inferior screen. Another screen will need to be ordered for and thats another two weeks or more..

its almost two weeks without using a smart phone and i am honestly losing it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abduletudaye(m): 10:49pm On Jun 26, 2019
GrandMufti:

None that I know of. Except someone stepped on it while it was on the floor

except i stepped on it while sleep walking because i live alone. but i am still in shock why it would just go blank..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:54pm On Jun 26, 2019
mahkanjuh:

Budget is 70k
Don't rush to buy just any size, avoid those 100L type, even the 160L is overpriced in my opinion, if you can add a little or wait a bit, get the 200L, it's not even cheaper on Jumia, go to physical stores and get it, someone got it around February for 82k when Jumia was selling at 88k.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:58pm On Jun 26, 2019
Gptech:

Don't think so.

I saw o, but the shipping fee go buy me Redmi Note 7.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:58pm On Jun 26, 2019
Abduletudaye:

except i stepped on it while sleep walking because i live alone. but i am still in shock why it would just go blank..
You mean screen was cracked same day it went blank?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:59pm On Jun 26, 2019
genius43:

I saw o, but the shipping fee go buy me Redmi Note 7.
Exactly why I give that response, only expedited shipping grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abduletudaye(m): 11:00pm On Jun 26, 2019
Gptech:

You mean screen was cracked same day it went blank?

screen has no sign of any crack... it just went blank miraculously.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:01pm On Jun 26, 2019
Abduletudaye:

screen has no sign of any crack... it just went blank miraculously.
I don't think it's from the floor, it's either what GrandMufti said or the Rom
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:03pm On Jun 26, 2019
Abduletudaye:

OK, i kept it (my Rn5) on the ground to sleep as i have always done. I woke up next morning to unlock using my rare sensor only to realised that a blank response was always coming up.. Phone was showing a grey blank image. I restarted almost five times without any solution. I had bootleggers rom flashed. But i noticed that the MI logo showed with the 'unlocked' notification at the bottom.

So, i moved in for repairs which i hate doing, spent 13k to order a new screen. only to be told today, that the seller sent an inferior screen. Another screen will need to be ordered for and thats another two weeks or more..

its almost two weeks without using a smart phone and i am honestly losing it.
Wait, you saw the Mi logo at the bottom after restart? Like the Mi Logo was very visible?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:05pm On Jun 26, 2019
fibonacci2526:

lolll as if we didn't see this coming.

It was too obvious self.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abduletudaye(m): 11:05pm On Jun 26, 2019
Gptech:

Wait, you saw the Mi logo at the bottom after restart? Like the Mi Logo was very visible?

the very first screen that comes up after restart, the MI logo and the 'unlocked' writing at the bottom of the screen shows very clearly..but after that point on, its all blank..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pinkyruledworld(m): 11:06pm On Jun 26, 2019
suprememoney:
My redmi 7 order from jumia just arrived today. Let me start from here grin

Also, where can i get a tempered screen protector around Abeokuta?
when did u order? me sef dey abk and i wan order the R7
cc madgoat
olayinkajnr

olayinkajnr:

Wow.

Dude, you surprised me.

Send me a PM, make I bless you with small recharge card.

Not because you got a Xiaomi o. But because of the way you placed dudes on suspense here.

My Redmi 7 was also shipped today. Hopefully, it'll get to Kano on Friday or Monday.
Me sef wan join cR7 league, shey u go sow the first recharge card seed when e show?

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:06pm On Jun 26, 2019
Ltkwemzie:
Please how did you change your font, I've been trying

Go to your theme app. Search any of Aafont, free or Moby fonts. Choose, download and apply any one of your choice.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:07pm On Jun 26, 2019
Abduletudaye:

the very first screen that comes up after restart, the MI logo and the 'unlocked' writing at the bottom of the screen shows very clearly..but after that point on, its all blank..
Am just thinking why the conclusion that screen is faulty when you can see what's displayed on it. Did you attempt to flash another rom?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abduletudaye(m): 11:07pm On Jun 26, 2019
Gptech:

I don't think it's from the floor, it's either what GrandMufti said or the Rom

this is my first time using the rom but been using it for three weeks until two saturdays ago..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by WizAkzy: 11:07pm On Jun 26, 2019
#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 11:07pm On Jun 26, 2019
Madgoat, yaaaa truly mad.

Congrats tho.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abduletudaye(m): 11:09pm On Jun 26, 2019
Gptech:

Am just thinking why the conclusion that screen is faulty when you can see what's displayed on it. Did you attempt to flash another rom?

i didnt attempt to.

Firstly, i tried to see if i could reach twrp but i couldnt.. or what i mean to say is, the twrp would be showing on the background, but i cant access it. same as fastboot.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:09pm On Jun 26, 2019
Gptech:

Exactly why I give that response, only expedited shipping grin.

Expedited shipping kill them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abduletudaye(m): 11:09pm On Jun 26, 2019
WizAkzy:
#

sammy?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by WizAkzy: 11:12pm On Jun 26, 2019
Abduletudaye:

sammy?
note 7

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:13pm On Jun 26, 2019
Abduletudaye:

i didnt attempt to.

Firstly, i tried to see if i could reach twrp but i couldnt.. or what i mean to say is, the twrp would be showing on the background, but i cant access it. same as fastboot.
Well, since you couldn't access twrp, you could have attempted flashing twrp again same way you did via adb. Truth is some Roms can mess up your screen, someone's note 4x was damaged some days back and we have cases with Redmi 5 plus too, cc kvngjesse.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:13pm On Jun 26, 2019
genius43:

Expedited shipping kill them.
grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abduletudaye(m): 11:15pm On Jun 26, 2019
Gptech:

Well, since you couldn't access twrp, you could have attempted flashing twrp again same way you did via adb. Truth is some Roms can mess up your screen, someone's note 4x was damaged some days back and we have cases with Redmi 5 plus too, cc kvngjesse.

what?? really??

so, theres a fraction of a possibility that the rom messed up my screen?

if yes, is it still redeemable?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abduletudaye(m): 11:16pm On Jun 26, 2019
WizAkzy:
note 7

oh, great...back then, we would have used xposed module to achieve this.. grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gsparks01(m): 11:16pm On Jun 26, 2019
madgoat:
grin grin now a proud owner of a XIAOMI REDMI 7

Decided to get it to see if the hype here was worth it.
I am pleased to say i have been loving my fone and had no time to update the thread. The wailers and haters, oya over to you grin

This fone is truly lovely. Battery life is a beast just for the few hours i have had it. Everything about it is beautiful , so sleek and smooth like a babe, i just feel like carressing her all the time kiss

Thunder fire transsion products. angry
This guy na MUMU grin
Enjoy ur "fone"
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:20pm On Jun 26, 2019
Gptech:

grin

I go just tell P man make him go check CV afterall he still have his Note 7 apart from the Gionee
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:20pm On Jun 26, 2019
Abduletudaye:

what?? really??

so, theres a fraction of a possibility that the rom messed up my screen?

if yes, is it still redeemable?
If screen is damaged already, turning nothing can be done, but you need to explore all available options before replacing your screen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cynsee: 11:21pm On Jun 26, 2019
Psychodavidovic:

Redmi K20 Pro. cool
how much did you get yours sir?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:21pm On Jun 26, 2019
genius43:

I go just tell P man make him go check CV afterall he still have his Note 7 apart from the Gionee
. Fit dey lucky there sha, I nr kw of Gionee still dey operate theories customer service centres, if not na to check there too.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:22pm On Jun 26, 2019
Abduletudaye:

oh, great...back then, we would have used xposed module to achieve this.. grin grin

Symbian OS modders I hail thee.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:22pm On Jun 26, 2019
Gptech:
. Fit dey lucky there sha, I nr kw of Gionee still dey operate theories customer service centres, if not na to check there too.

Yep, best way to go.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5332) (5333) (5334) (5335) (5336) (5337) (5338) ... (9323) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hero2t and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.