Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,959 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5387) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9172158 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5384) (5385) (5386) (5387) (5388) (5389) (5390) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dellaziz(m): 11:56am On Jul 01, 2019
plucky16:

neatly used, black, 3/32gig, 35k, zero8one386zero0three50 (whatsapp & call), Lagos

Still available?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 11:56am On Jul 01, 2019
Mckandre:
MIUI is currently on 10.3.6.0 which was released on 26th of last month and it came right after 10.3.5 - 10.3.2. The R7 is actually lacking behind, i ve known miui to follow a successive pattern when dishing out updates,u cant leap to the latest without going through the series subsequentially but in this case they might decide to leap,if that happens twill be a huge major one for R7. Don't fash bro,they will surely rollout something besides 10.3.6.0 Is still fresh.

I know. And still doesn't change anything. MIUI is currently on 10.3.8 even. The 10.3.6 on RN7 and not yet on R7, and it doesn't mean R7 do not have some software features that is on the 10.3.6 update on RN7. The R7 on 10.3.1 had dark mode before RN7 even got their 10.3.6

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 12:00pm On Jul 01, 2019
genius43:

This your MIUI Analogy is faulty though. POCOPHONE and some others are on 10.3.8 and above that self. MIUI number is device dependent.
pocophone runs on a different version of MIUI. have u heard of MIUI for poco? Its a revamped version of MIUI that's specially optimized for pocophone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bobo65(m): 12:01pm On Jul 01, 2019
Meagainstenemy:
Does this mifi work for all sims or only for glo sim... I await your response. @bobo65

Glo alone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by donprosper6(m): 12:03pm On Jul 01, 2019
dellaziz:

Still available?

Yes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by twaintoy(f): 12:20pm On Jul 01, 2019
Please, where can I get a universal 4G Mifi that supports Glo 4G? The airtel I have doesn't support glo 4g but supports other networks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:32pm On Jul 01, 2019
Mckandre:
pocophone runs on a different version of MIUI. have u heard of MIUI for poco? Its a revamped version of MIUI that's specially optimized for pocophone.
Still yet it doesn't change the fact that Xiaomi devices are not usually on the same MIUI Version number. Sometimes even on the same devices with different regions.

What of Mi 9?

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:32pm On Jul 01, 2019
twaintoy:
Please, where can I get a universal 4G Mifi that supports Glo 4G? The airtel I have doesn't support glo 4g but supports other networks.

AliExpress
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by plucky16(m): 12:43pm On Jul 01, 2019
dellaziz:

Still available?

call or send text on WhatsApp
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Damritoh(m): 12:43pm On Jul 01, 2019
olayinkajnr:

I know. And still doesn't change anything. MIUI is currently on 10.3.8 even. The 10.3.6 on RN7 and not yet on R7, and it doesn't mean R7 do not have some software features that is on the 10.3.6 update on RN7. The R7 on 10.3.1 had dark mode before RN7 even got their 10.3.6

Even Same Xiaomi Device Of Different Version Can Be On Different MIUI....The Latest MIUI On RN7 Global Version Is 10.3.6 While The Latest One On RN7 EU ROM Is 10.3.4

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TechCapon(m): 12:45pm On Jul 01, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
Sorry for derailing, I've been finding it difficult to source out something.
Am trying to source out a phone that have good camera(for vloggings) for under 45k,with good performance coz the phone will also be used to edit/process videos.I know you guys might want to suggest iphones,but they are waayyy expensive with limited functions(I personally don't like iphones).I was checking out lg g5,it has good performance,good stills,the video recording isnt that bad,but when compared to samsung s7,the s7 is as smooth(if not smoother) than iphone 6s. One of the reason am considering the g5 is the wide angle ,and ability to install gcam with pure ease(which also have electronic stabilization).
Am also considering Samsung note 4,due to its stylus(ease to edit)but the camera/video quality is kindakinda not good(even lg g5 is better than note 5 camera) and i cant afford note fe or 8.Nexus 6p is very shaky,I don't know of pixel(it doesn't have ois tho)

Pls I need your suggestions and phones with very smooth/stable ois or eis(iPhone like),
Or any appthat can stabilize videos faster and better than Google photos(note: no PC available)

I want to start vlogging on a budget

Cc techcapon
Cc naijatechguy
Cc henry007
Cc henryneo
Cc Samson1851
Cc tfortony
Cc everyone

note: we can also work together so as to reduce your vlogging work load.thanks smiley
you said a smartphone under the budget of 45k but all the phones you mentioned are above 45k. I'd advise you to go for the Samsung note 4, it has great camera and good battery. Also install Adobe premiere Rush on the phone. It's the best video editor for Android phones, it works just like Adobe premiere pro. You can add music and color grade your videos with it. What do you want to vlog about? Na comedy dey sell pass o grin

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by visita: 1:14pm On Jul 01, 2019
How did you get the app? Couldn't find it on playstore
henry007:
Guess what show is killing my K20 Pro's battery?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 1:18pm On Jul 01, 2019
genius43:

Still yet it doesn't change the fact that Xiaomi devices are not usually on the same MIUI Version number. Sometimes even on the same devices with different regions.

What of Mi 9?
what rom type is it on? Hope its on global rom because thats where my analogy is based on. This issue was treated here back in 2016 or thereabout but seems u weren't "born again" then.
letme break something down for u.

1st pix

Global beta => MIUI Global Nightly Beta ROM => MIUI Global Beta ROM

MIUI Global Nightly Beta ROM and MIUI Global Beta ROM versions are named based on the release dates, the latest version of MIUI Global Beta ROM is MIUI 9 7.11.10 (as of then) where 7 stands for 2017, 11 stands for November and 10 stands for the date 10 on which the ROM was released.

2nd nd 3rd pix

Stable rom => MIUI Global Nightly Stable ROM =>MIUI Global Stable ROM

MIUI Global Nightly Stable ROM and MIUI Global Stable ROM versions follow a different nomenclature than Beta and Nightly Beta ROMs. In the following screenshots, first two digits 8.5 stands for MIUI version 8.5, Stable ROM versions also have 7 alphabet code at the end of MIUI version,

-In the alphabetical code first alphabet stands for the Android Version which is Marshmallow in the screenshot below.
-Next two alphabets stand for the device code which is Redmi 3S in case of AL here.
-The Next two alphabet MI tells that it’s Global ROM.
-Last two alphabets stand for MIUI version code.

https://en.miui.com/thread-1089967-1-1.html

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:22pm On Jul 01, 2019
Mckandre:
what rom type is it on? Hope its on global rom because thats where my analogy is based on. This issue was treated here back in 2016 or thereabout but seems u weren't "born again" then.
letme break something down for u.

1st pix

Global beta => MIUI Global Nightly Beta ROM => MIUI Global Beta ROM

MIUI Global Nightly Beta ROM and MIUI Global Beta ROM versions are named based on the release dates, the latest version of MIUI Global Beta ROM is MIUI 9 7.11.10 (as of then) where 7 stands for 2017, 11 stands for November and 10 stands for the date 10 on which the ROM was released.

2nd nd 3rd pix

Stable rom => MIUI Global Nightly Stable ROM =>MIUI Global Stable ROM

MIUI Global Nightly Stable ROM and MIUI Global Stable ROM versions follow a different nomenclature than Beta and Nightly Beta ROMs. In the following screenshots, first two digits 8.5 stands for MIUI version 8.5, Stable ROM versions also have 7 alphabet code at the end of MIUI version,

-In the alphabetical code first alphabet stands for the Android Version which is Marshmallow in the screenshot below.
-Next two alphabets stand for the device code which is Redmi 3S in case of AL here.
-The Next two alphabet MI tells that it’s Global ROM.
-Last two alphabets stand for MIUI version code.

Things change, you are basing your theory on when Xiaomi had less devices and between 2016 to 2019 a lot has changed.

And my theory is based on Global ROM. You can check the MIUI Global ROM download site and see for yourself. It's difficult currently for two different models to be on the same MIUI Version.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 1:24pm On Jul 01, 2019
Damritoh:

Even Same Xiaomi Device Of Different Version Can Be On Different MIUI....The Latest MIUI On RN7 Global Version Is 10.3.6 While The Latest One On RN7 EU ROM Is 10.3.4
thats what m trying to let em know, rom type plays a major rom in version codename.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 1:30pm On Jul 01, 2019
genius43:

Things change, you are basing your theory on when Xiaomi had less devices and between 2016 to 2019 a lot has changed.

And my theory is based on Global ROM. You can check the MIUI Global ROM download site and see for yourself. It's difficult currently for two different models to be on the same MIUI Version.
Global rom has different types,which one in particular? Beta, Stable, Nightly. check my last post.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:33pm On Jul 01, 2019
Damritoh:

My arguement lies in the boldened statement

Mckandre:
MIUI is currently on 10.3.6.0 which was released on 26th of last month and it came right after 10.3.5 - 10.3.2. The R7 is actually lacking behind, i ve known miui to follow a successive pattern when dishing out updates,u cant leap to the latest without going through the series subsequentially but in this case they might decide to leap,if that happens twill be a huge major one for R7. Don't fash bro,they will surely rollout something besides 10.3.6.0 Is still fresh.

If he used RN7 MIUI version to generalize every MIUI running on all Global ROMs when there are other devices like Mi 9, Mi 9t, Mi 9Se running on MIUI higher than the MIUI he claimed to be the latest

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 1:33pm On Jul 01, 2019
Even wiki has this to say

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:35pm On Jul 01, 2019
Mckandre:
Global rom has different types,which one in particular? Beta, Stable, Nightly. check my last post.

I am talking of Global Stable ROM. My point still remains that MIUI is not on version 10.3.6.0 rather RN7 is on MIUI version 10.3.6.0.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoboKush(m): 1:46pm On Jul 01, 2019
Landforce1:

I waited for one month for this one, ayam not selling tongue tongue

I can point u to the shop I bought if u want

Oya do
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:52pm On Jul 01, 2019
Mckandre:
Even wiki has this to say

Fine.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by elantraceey(f): 1:55pm On Jul 01, 2019
jboixxx:

I'm sure is 2-4 week days to capital and add more days to fulfill delivery to other areaa

Thanks, any idea on the price?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 2:03pm On Jul 01, 2019
Damritoh:

He stated that MIUI is on 10.3.6 which is false.

RN7 is the one on 10.3.6. There are Xiaomi devices on 10.3.8.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 2:06pm On Jul 01, 2019
genius43:

I am talking of Global Stable ROM. My point still remains that MIUI is not on version 10.3.6.0 rather RN7 is on MIUI version 10.3.6.0.

Why is this an argument in the first place? Different xiaomi devices, different miui versions. Simple

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 2:07pm On Jul 01, 2019
olayinkajnr:

He stated that MIUI is on 10.3.6 which is false.

RN7 is the one on 10.3.6. There are Xiaomi devices on 10.3.8.

My note 5 is on 10.3.1. so Idk the basis for his statement.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 2:08pm On Jul 01, 2019
Colemanz:
My phone stays almost 30 sec to end call and can't answer calls most times, it just started this morning

It's the latest update bro. A simple way to fix it is by changing that your 4G to 3G and I can see the second sim is on 2g. Change it back to 3G and see it work normal.

Same happened to mine.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bigmeech084: 2:11pm On Jul 01, 2019
Does anybody have mi band 4 for sale?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 2:13pm On Jul 01, 2019
fibonacci2526:

My note 5 is on 10.3.1. so Idk the basis for his statement.

Lol. Madam don vex. He doesn't understand ni.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 2:17pm On Jul 01, 2019
visita:
How did you get the app? Couldn't find it on playstore

Google "dstv now Apk"
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 2:24pm On Jul 01, 2019
elantraceey:

Thanks, any idea on the price?
It depends on weight and type of packet and form of registration.
SpeedPost registered mail is the cheapest, followed by express SpeedPost and EMS.
Note that envelope type affects weight too
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 01, 2019
Damritoh:

Redmi 4x is still on 10.3. 1.. Imagine 10.3.6 complaining
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 2:54pm On Jul 01, 2019
iamNegro:

I got stuck there when I accessed my battery setting through security app
Hmmm, it means our battery settings via Security have different contents due to different devices

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5384) (5385) (5386) (5387) (5388) (5389) (5390) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.