Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,139 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9173141 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5387) (5388) (5389) (5390) (5391) (5392) (5393) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 8:11pm On Jul 01, 2019
TechCapon:
y do you need to stabilize the video, just fix the phone to a tripod stand or a gimbal and record ur video. U don't have to hold it on ur hand. Mehn it's not too late to start, it's a good thing to just start. Share your videos on social media and people will notice u
OK,thank you very much, am on a tight budget,and I was thinking of the tripod stand idea or handheld gimbal but I feel they will be quite expensive (esp the gimbal).well,i will try to do more research this night tho... Thanks(for replying/your help)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TechCapon(m): 8:16pm On Jul 01, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
OK,thank you very much, am on a tight budget,and I was thinking of the tripod stand idea or handheld gimbal but I feel they will be quite expensive (esp the gimbal).well,i will try to do more research this night tho... Thanks(for replying/your help)
check on jumia or better still, check aliexpress. There are some cheaper options. A company that's manufacturing wireless chargers are planning to send me some samples of their products from China for review.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lordchiz(m): 8:19pm On Jul 01, 2019
confistified:
Happy New Month.... I have followed the procedure and others is not coming up
Same to u boss.....
Are u sure u use data on it......?
Once u click others.....
Click something like scanning and manually toggle d botton to reach the end scanning.....
Select from d list of scanned once.....
I am using through Sure app to control almost all d polystar electronics here
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:27pm On Jul 01, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Na my secondary phone, I like the phone ehn.

Hehehe
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xilisoft: 8:28pm On Jul 01, 2019
PaulThor:

Did you order from different stores or the same store? If its from the same store. Snap the glass you have. If you still have the package also snap it and send to seller..
But if you bought from different stores, then they won't come the same day...

Thanks for replying.

They are both from the same store,and shipped together.

I've snapped and sent it to him.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lordchiz(m): 8:29pm On Jul 01, 2019
I don Arrive Lagos for the second time this year....atleast before I go back, I must see Dat Ifedith n Nobody....and I think Optimized lives in Lagos too ....
I dey Ikeja Airforce base!
I came with my immediate elder sis for diagnosis n treatment.......
Cos all the medical Checkup n diagnosis we did in Kaduna proved abortive,they said nothing is wrong with her, yet she has dis heavy Hiccups and sometimes difficulty in eating as she feels something is blocking her throat and also difficulty in breathing! as I don spend radically till person don broke finish!

I feel it maybe spiritual....I brought her here because she feels she will definitely get d facilities needed here!
Yet the hospital said she is fine ....just little typhoid which was detected in Kd too....and they gave her some drugs!
I tire as I dey here I swear!
After here .....na to go find better Pastor for deliverance oooooo.....

Come to think of it....Lagos swt ooooo
Abeg make Una find me work here make I relocate to Lagos.....Kaduna no be am!
Na beg I dey beg Una oooooo

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by donprosper6(m): 8:31pm On Jul 01, 2019
genius43:

Google account?

Yes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lordchiz(m): 8:32pm On Jul 01, 2019
henry007:
Guess what show is killing my K20 Pro's battery?
BBN
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Colemanz(m): 8:33pm On Jul 01, 2019
How can I refresh rom pls
GrandMufti:

Reflash the rom or revert to stock theme
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Colemanz(m): 8:35pm On Jul 01, 2019
Everything seems ok when ever I put my aim network to 3g,
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 8:49pm On Jul 01, 2019
TechCapon:
check on jumia or better still, check aliexpress. There are some cheaper options. A company that's manufacturing wireless chargers are planning to send me some samples of their products from China for review.
OK..thank you very much. All the way from China..thats good
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TechCapon(m): 8:52pm On Jul 01, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
OK..thank you very much. All the way from China..thats good
yeah. After the reviews the products go become my own grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by confistified(m): 9:07pm On Jul 01, 2019
lordchiz:

Same to u boss.....
Are u sure u use data on it......?
Once u click others.....
Click something like scanning and manually toggle d botton to reach the end scanning.....
Select from d list of scanned once.....
I am using through Sure app to control almost all d polystar electronics here
Maybe it's the version... Please what version are u using
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xplicity1(m): 9:08pm On Jul 01, 2019
zainkay:
Fildo is back, I just downloaded the latest version from their site and it works flawlessly.
The app keeps crashing.
I don't know if you're experiencing the same issue.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by confistified(m): 9:10pm On Jul 01, 2019
Ordered for this on the 15th of last month and it arrived today

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mizik(m): 9:16pm On Jul 01, 2019
mykelshowz:
Nokia 5.1 plus/x5helio p60 vs Redmi Note 7 sd660

My explanatory gaming and battery review based on my preferences (yours may differ)

I been using the Nokia 5.1 plus for a month now. ordered for the note 7 just on Saturday and jumia brought my phone for me yesterday, I've had enough time to review both phones hand in hand.

Nokia 5.1 plus
Pros
1. faster processor than the redmi note 7.
2. Android one Ui (fast processes because no bloatware)
3. Budget friendly (for the price its not that bad, underclocked cpu with fhd screen and 3000mah)
4. 4hrs Gaming SOT with battery saver (from 100% you can be able to squeeze a minimum of 7 classic games and you'd be left with about 14%) not bad for the price

Cons
1. Small sized screen (played pubg on the phone and it was hell for me, panning the screen was a big issue. If you like me that has gorrilla hands. Don't buy.)
2. Undarrated and unoptimised processor and gpu (the helio p60 mashed with the Mali g72 is good but it's been proven that Mali gpu Is not for gaming. Although the Nokia 5.1 plus is capable of playing hdr in full 60 FPS with gfx tools. Nevertheless the phone heats up to as high as 43° when u play for 1hr on smooth + High fps.)
3. Heat issues (same as no 2, the phone will heat up even if graphics are set to the lowest, at the rate of 2hrs of gaming you'd be able to slow cook an egg on the screen of the Nokia 5.1 plus.
4. Aggressive ram management (Nokia has refused to remove the annoying evenwell packages that kill your apps when you leave them for too long. So pausing the lobby to go on discord or WhatsApp to invite a friend to come online is not a good idea for doing this may force the game to restart.
5. The Mali g72 has optimization issues, some random bugs (controls freeze at random, mics don't work until u restart the game, controls become stiff when the screen becomes hot)

Redmi note 7
Pros
1. Better processor and optimized gpu than the Nokia x5.
2. Bigger screen and quality resolution
3. Higher battery life = more game SOT (6hrs 02mins and I was left with 6% from 100 with battery saver on)
4. Better gpu and processor to back it up (Adreno is the best for mobile gaming, I don't want to hear anything).
5. Heat is less, it goes as high as 38°, almost like its non existent unlike the Nokia that gets as high as 40°+.

Cons.
1. Some people may not find It budget friendly due to the price difference because the Rn7 costs almost 50% more than the Nokia.
2. Some might feel the phone is too big because of the 6.2inch display (it's not for u sorry)
3. I noticed some lags and frame drops (60fps to 35fps when you look at the sky and when you land hot drops on the 3gb variant) it lasts for about 1sec.. I don't see it as a big deal. If you're bothered about full 60fps you should go for the 4gb variant.

Nevertheless both phones are great for gaming but I feel the redmi is superior due to the chip and gpu although helio p60 has potential to be better, I feel mtk has a thing or 2 to learn from qualcomm.

My advice.
If you know you don't have a gas cooker or hot plate at home and you want to cook indomie the Nokia is a good option.. (asides the beauty of the Nokia the phone gets really really hot)
And lastly if you want something that'll carry you for long hours of the day without charge scare the the redmi note 7 is your best option.

In the end it boils down to our budget.

Cc mizik
Cc Redmi note 7 users
Cc Nokia 5.1 plus users
Cc pubg mobile gamers that use both phones
o
Now have u played pubg on the Rn7 and the X5...
If yes apart from heating did u notice any Fps difference between the X5 and the RN7 same settings.....

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 9:16pm On Jul 01, 2019
kaso0:
what phone tampered glass will work for R7
I use the one for Samsung A20 or A30
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:17pm On Jul 01, 2019
Lordchiz, wish your sis quick recovery. Sunnu.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mizik(m): 9:17pm On Jul 01, 2019
My Sot today...
Best I've had yet!

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 9:19pm On Jul 01, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mizik(m): 9:19pm On Jul 01, 2019
mykelshowz:
Nokia 5.1 plus/x5helio p60 vs Redmi Note 7 sd660

My explanatory gaming and battery review based on my preferences (yours may differ)

I been using the Nokia 5.1 plus for a month now. ordered for the note 7 just on Saturday and jumia brought my phone for me yesterday, I've had enough time to review both phones hand in hand.

Nokia 5.1 plu
Pros
1. faster processor than the redmi note 7.
2. Android one Ui (fast processes because no bloatware)
3. Budget friendly (for the price its not that bad, underclocked cpu with fhd screen and 3000mah)
4. 4hrs Gaming SOT with battery saver (from 100% you can be able to squeeze a minimum of 7 classic games and you'd be left with about 14%) not bad for the price

Cons
1. Small sized screen (played pubg on the phone and it was hell for me, panning the screen was a big issue. If you like me that has gorrilla hands. Don't buy.)
2. Undarrated and unoptimised processor and gpu (the helio p60 mashed with the Mali g72 is good but it's been proven that Mali gpu Is not for gaming. Although the Nokia 5.1 plus is capable of playing hdr in full 60 FPS with gfx tools. Nevertheless the phone heats up to as high as 43° when u play for 1hr on smooth + High fps.)
3. Heat issues (same as no 2, the phone will heat up even if graphics are set to the lowest, at the rate of 2hrs of gaming you'd be able to slow cook an egg on the screen of the Nokia 5.1 plus.
4. Aggressive ram management (Nokia has refused to remove the annoying evenwell packages that kill your apps when you leave them for too long. So pausing the lobby to go on discord or WhatsApp to invite a friend to come online is not a good idea for doing this may force the game to restart.
5. The Mali g72 has optimization issues, some random bugs (controls freeze at random, mics don't work until u restart the game, controls become stiff when the screen becomes hot)

Redmi note 7
Pros
1. Better processor and optimized gpu than the Nokia x5.
2. Bigger screen and quality resolution
3. Higher battery life = more game SOT (6hrs 02mins and I was left with 6% from 100 with battery saver on)
4. Better gpu and processor to back it up (Adreno is the best for mobile gaming, I don't want to hear anything).
5. Heat is less, it goes as high as 38°, almost like its non existent unlike the Nokia that gets as high as 40°+.

Cons.
1. Some people may not find It budget friendly due to the price difference because the Rn7 costs almost 50% more than the Nokia.
2. Some might feel the phone is too big because of the 6.2inch display (it's not for u sorry)
3. I noticed some lags and frame drops (60fps to 35fps when you look at the sky and when you land hot drops on the 3gb variant) it lasts for about 1sec.. I don't see it as a big deal. If you're bothered about full 60fps you should go for the 4gb variant.

Nevertheless both phones are great for gaming but I feel the redmi is superior due to the chip and gpu although helio p60 has potential to be better, I feel mtk has a thing or 2 to learn from qualcomm.

My advice.
If you know you don't have a gas cooker or hot plate at home and you want to cook indomie the Nokia is a good option.. (asides the beauty of the Nokia the phone gets really really hot)
And lastly if you want something that'll carry you for long hours of the day without charge scare the the redmi note 7 is your best option.

In the end it boils down to our budget.

Cc mizik
Cc Redmi note 7 users
Cc Nokia 5.1 plus users
Cc pubg mobile gamers that use both phones
this heating you're saying I didn't experience it at all.o...
Only time the phone did really get hot was with Pubg...
Which is still understandable but...on normal day to day usage mine doesn't heat up at all....

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mykelshowz(m): 9:23pm On Jul 01, 2019
mindtricks:

How can that be when it also happens with MTN like he said?
that other guy was right.. Ive already fixed it with the link he posted
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mykelshowz(m): 9:23pm On Jul 01, 2019
jboixxx:

It's Xiaomi not Etisalat! He should check Xiaomi compilation post for how-to.
thanks bro. Just fixed it

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kudunku: 9:27pm On Jul 01, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:35pm On Jul 01, 2019
olayinkajnr:

That will do also.

The 64gb SanDisk and otg will be how much all together?
wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by madgoat(m): 9:48pm On Jul 01, 2019
lordchiz:
I don Arrive Lagos for the second time this year....atleast before I go back, I must see Dat Ifedith n Nobody....and I think Optimized lives in Lagos too ....
I dey Ikeja Airforce base!
I came with my immediate elder sis for diagnosis n treatment.......
Cos all the medical Checkup n diagnosis we did in Kaduna proved abortive,they said nothing is wrong with her, yet she has dis heavy Hiccups and sometimes difficulty in eating as she feels something is blocking her throat and also difficulty in breathing! as I don spend radically till person don broke finish!

I feel it maybe spiritual....I brought her here because she feels she will definitely get d facilities needed here!
Yet the hospital said she is fine ....just little typhoid which was detected in Kd too....and they gave her some drugs!
I tire as I dey here I swear!
After here .....na to go find better Pastor for deliverance oooooo.....

Come to think of it....Lagos swt ooooo
Abeg make Una find me work here make I relocate to Lagos.....Kaduna no be am!
Na beg I dey beg Una oooooo
Have you taken her to a teaching hospital or to see an ENT surgeon?
Dont ignore the difficulty in breathing or something blocking her throat ish
I wish her quick recovery.

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by madgoat(m): 9:52pm On Jul 01, 2019
mykelshowz:
Guys pls oh how do I stop my phone from removing my credit o.. They removed N50 from my Etisalat.. I change sim put mtn the remove another N50.. Pls oh?

I noticed this today with my airtel when i tried to activate it on xiaomi.... Fiam....N50 vanished

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by madgoat(m): 9:53pm On Jul 01, 2019
Plz how do u deactivate this auto dial on my fone? I have searched everywhere, but no option to deactivate.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cynsee: 9:57pm On Jul 01, 2019
Psychodavidovic:
For those looking to buy the K20 Pro for gaming. smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXitYU3CblA

I have also noticed the issue, only on PUBG and when you use three fingers. Two thumbs doesn't cause the screen to jitter.

Xiaomi have already rolled out an update to fix this though by slightly reducing the phone sensitivity as it is an hardware issue and a permanent fix through software isn't feasible. If you don't play PUBG, you probably wouldn't notice.
how are you coping with it. Are you sure it doesn't affect those that uses two fingers. Cos I ant to get the phone very soon?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lordbravo11(m): 10:36pm On Jul 01, 2019
If i order the Chinese version of redmi note 7 from Ali express, will it work here in Nigeria?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:44pm On Jul 01, 2019
henry007:
Guess what show is killing my K20 Pro's battery?
is k20 pro available in the market
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 10:47pm On Jul 01, 2019
Mi band 4 user review pls.
I want to get it but if it doesn't have an option of displaying seconds on it's ambient display screen, i have to say no.
so, review pls, band 4 users

(1) (2) (3) ... (5387) (5388) (5389) (5390) (5391) (5392) (5393) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.