Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,462 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5489) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9216763 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5486) (5487) (5488) (5489) (5490) (5491) (5492) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elxandre(m): 6:03pm On Jul 14, 2019
Was a bit scared of the battery life of mi 8 before buying it sha.
Turning out well. smiley

Don't even miss my Note 4X.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by avalontony(m): 6:06pm On Jul 14, 2019
Guys, please how do I resolve *no service* issue on my redmi note 5a prime?, the two sim port have been displaying no service since morning. But when I insert the sim on a different device, it picks.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by madgoat(m): 6:10pm On Jul 14, 2019
dahgifted:
ALLEGEDLY, DEBUNK.

Please sorry for derailing can someone please explain the above words in a simple way for me am finding it hard to comprehend the meaning and secondly i need suggestions of offline dictionary that explains and break down words.

Wordweb is the best offline dictionary. Been using it for years. No useless ads too. Search for it on playstore

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lagosboy3(m): 6:11pm On Jul 14, 2019
genius43:

Latest release from Xtreme
https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/MGC_6_1_021_xcam6_beta6.apk

Awesome stuff!!!

Many thanks genius43.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Baddestguyp(m): 6:12pm On Jul 14, 2019

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by madgoat(m): 6:13pm On Jul 14, 2019
steryj:
I just got my Redni 7 two days ago, few hours later I got an update. Pls can I go ahead with the update?
Update and enjoy smiley
Welcome to the club of R7 users

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:13pm On Jul 14, 2019
Nltaliban:
Someone please gimme link to gcam for Redmi 7. Not note 7

https://www.androidexplained.com/redmi-7-install-google-camera/
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:14pm On Jul 14, 2019
lagosboy3:

Awesome stuff!!!

Many thanks genius43.

You are welcome
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pharmtasy(m): 6:18pm On Jul 14, 2019
fantilopezzy:
bro y9prime is better than rn7 yep no doubt
but initially u compared it with the mi9t saying it's definitely better cus it cheaper!!
evn the mi9se and rn7 pro is better than the y9prime
the only pros i see in y9prime is just the full screen with pop up camera at that price point the rest is bleeped up
so stop saying it's better
Pop camera is not really a pro.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by steryj(m): 6:19pm On Jul 14, 2019
smart14:
Thanks to HOLUWAXHEUN who helped me to order for my phone Mi Max 2. I am enjoying it today. God bless you and I am happy to join Xiaomi family. author=iliyande post=64360296]

Nothing like xioami group, don't be deceived. If you have any issue bring it to the floor here....
So that many can make reference to it when such an issue occurs again
hmmm since 2018? grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by daveMorris(m): 6:29pm On Jul 14, 2019
Happy Sunday landers... Just noticed this in my mi note 7, took some pictures yesterday.. It deleted automatically.. Thought som1 deleted it, took another one with gcam today.. When i wanted to edit them.. I lost all of it... This is very disheartening... Cuz today's photo was actually a client photo, payed for... Please ya'll should come to my aid....

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 6:35pm On Jul 14, 2019
Sorry guys I have been away. But having read 29 pages up till this point. I must clear up a misconception.

And this is a serious one. I noticed Genius43 abstained from it because the argument no make sense at all.

Brand name does not make a good phone. It's sad that many people believe that if you make a paper phone like primary kids do and place Samsung brand name on it then it's better than all other phones. This is a very wrong assumption and by now, a lot of us should be past this.

If you want to do a comparison, put brand name aside and analyse both phones individually side by side using basic parameters like SoC/CPU, camera, battery, clock speed, attachment ports, functionality, aesthetics, screen type and protection, features etc.

What may be a deal breaker for you may not be even worth considering for someone else. That's why there are accepted standards of grading phones. Your opinion is subjective and are subject to change, facts are objective and do not.

On the Huawei Y9 prime Vs RN7...

CPU: Snapdragon 660 and Kirin 710F are on par but the Adreno 512 GPU (RN7) destroys the Mali GPU on that device (Y9 prime).

Battery: Both on par at 4000mAh. This is where UI optimization and individual use comes into play.

Camera: We all know that RN7 front camera is nothing to write home about but it's rear shooters beat the Y9 prime.

For screen type, protection, aesthetics etc. Google is your friend.

This is how phone arguments should look like. Not insults and rubbish talk. Reason like enlightened people not garage touts. We're more than this please.

34 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Timsilver(m): 6:39pm On Jul 14, 2019
daveMorris:
Happy Sunday landers... Just noticed this in my mi note 7, took some pictures yesterday.. It deleted automatically.. Thought som1 deleted it, took another one with gcam today.. When i wanted to edit them.. I lost all of it... This is very disheartening... Cuz today's photo was actually a client photo, payed for... Please ya'll should come to my aid....

How good is your memory card?

Configure your camera to save pictures to your internal memory.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by daveMorris(m): 6:42pm On Jul 14, 2019
Timsilver:

How good is your memory card?

Configure your camera to save pictures to your internal memory.
thanks for replying.. But I'm not using an external sd card..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pharmtasy(m): 6:42pm On Jul 14, 2019
daveMorris:
Your gcam out gcam settings is the culprit
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 14, 2019
Babaheekmat:

We are comparing phones of same calibre with brand better than xiaomi.. That's my point.. Xiaomi of course is a good brand and worthy of every peny spent.. But still, can't say it's all better than huawei and Samsung .. The way some people here banter other brands to support xiaomi is very sad..

Truth be told .. Huawei and Samsung are way better than xiaomi..

And of course your point is taken..
"phones of the same calibre with brand better than Xiaomi"
Price Range-45-60k
Samsung a20-Exynoss 7884
Huawei Y7 prime-Snapdragon 450
Redmi 7-Snapdragon 632
Add 3k-Redmi note 7-Snapdragon 660

60-70k
Samsung a30-Exynoss 7904
Huawei y9 2019-Hisilocon kirin 710
Redmi note 7((4gb)-Snapdragon 660
PssadI have had an hands on with all three devices)
Based on performance,beauty, Camera and build quality sir,, the Xiaomi outperforms the Huawei and Samsung....So if u re of the view that Huawei and Samsung are better than d Xiaomi....Yes u re correct...better than the Xiaomi in offering less value for money....but in terms of building quality devices for their prices, XIAOMI TRUMPS ALL 2...So think again sir because the Xiaomi is better than Samsung and Huawei...

19 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 6:45pm On Jul 14, 2019
enoch273:

I once asked you for the name of your themes and you gladly ignored me, it's all good. Thanks.

Castation grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 6:46pm On Jul 14, 2019
enoch273:

You dey mind am, he believes he is a body of knowledge, I don lock up.

I once stated it here that he doesn't reply mentions. Someone almost castrated me because of him. I've known him from game threads.

He enjoys ignoring people. It boosts his ego.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 6:47pm On Jul 14, 2019
zainkay:
Search for vocapture on Google play store, is the best offline dictionary for me safe for the ads
What ever happened to merriam webster
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by daveMorris(m): 6:47pm On Jul 14, 2019
pharmtasy:

Your gcam out gcam settings is the culprit
please help
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 6:48pm On Jul 14, 2019
steryj:
I just got my Redni 7 two days ago, few hours later I got an update. Pls can I go ahead with the update?

Yes bro, it's safe.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 6:48pm On Jul 14, 2019
Yanmyfeh:

Price Range-45-60k
Samsung a20-Exynoss 7884
Redmi 7-Snapdragon 632

60-70k
Samsung a30-Exynoss 7904
Based on performance,beauty, Camera and build quality sir,, the Xiaomi outperforms the Huawei and Samsung....So if u re of the view that Huawei and Samsung are better than d Xiaomi....Yes u re correct...better than the Xiaomi in offering less value for money....but in terms of building quality devices for their prices, XIAOMI TRUMPS ALL 2...So think again sir because the Xiaomi is better than Samsung and Huawei...

This is how to argue. Well done bros.

But avoid blanket statements like Xiaomi is better than Samsung. You cannot defend it. Choose your battles wisely.

Na so guy that year come say Nokia X6 better pass RN7 in terms of performance. After he proved himself wrong in terms of video evidence, he switched to price gap, even after that was shown to be wrong, e switch go the ease of availability of parts for repairs and even when our Baba proved him wrong, the matter die without him accepting correction.

14 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 6:51pm On Jul 14, 2019
Elxandre:
Was a bit scared of the battery life of mi 8 before buying it sha.
Turning out well. smiley

Don't even miss my Note 4X.

Yeah the small battery is well optimised
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 6:54pm On Jul 14, 2019
Baddestguyp:
is this a joke
One plus 7 pro is literally the best phone of 2019...performance and price...
Okay, u guys trolling i guess

You still fail to get the sarcasm.

It is a joke by him directed at all those trolls

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by FENZY24(m): 6:55pm On Jul 14, 2019
acekid109:
your best bet is to order from AliExpress, redmi note 7 own is pretty easy to fix. What model is yours?

Redmi note6 pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 7:01pm On Jul 14, 2019
FENZY24:

Redmi note6 pro
i'll advise you get the lens cover from aliexpress, it's cheap and easy to fix
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 7:02pm On Jul 14, 2019
olayinkajnr:

You still fail to get the sarcasm.

It is a joke by him directed at all those trolls
It's so awkward when you have to explain sarcasm to someone abeg

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 7:03pm On Jul 14, 2019
acekid109:

Sarcasm is a foreign language to many Nigerians

Same as rhetorical questions, logic, oxymorons etc.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 7:06pm On Jul 14, 2019
acekid109:

Lol bro, if we don't explain it, who will?

Otherwise, them go start issues where issue no dey at all.

Another argument for don start now.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 7:07pm On Jul 14, 2019
atheistandproud:

Sarcasm is a foreign language to many Nigerians

Same as rhetorical questions, logic, oxymorons etc.

True. But reading 3 to 4 post before this would have explained everything.

Some people just want to be recognised always.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 7:08pm On Jul 14, 2019
Pim
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Babaheekmat: 7:11pm On Jul 14, 2019
Yanmyfeh:

Price Range-45-60k
Samsung a20-Exynoss 7884
Redmi 7-Snapdragon 632

60-70k
Samsung a30-Exynoss 7904

Point taken

(1) (2) (3) ... (5486) (5487) (5488) (5489) (5490) (5491) (5492) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: RobbStark(m), Debroslink, suffy834(m) and 21 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.