Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,643 members, 7,851,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:24 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5572) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9418363 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5569) (5570) (5571) (5572) (5573) (5574) (5575) ... (9329) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:38am On Jul 23, 2019
Gptech:

Nr worry, see mine.
You and GBẸDU na 5 and 6

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by careytommy37(m): 9:41am On Jul 23, 2019
Gptech:

This kind comparison na wa oooo shocked. I dey come, make I do too, who won between the Redmi note 7 pro vs the Samsung galaxy s10 plus in this shot? grin.

Obviously the Samsung but the fact that anyone nay a reviewer would compare RN7 to an S10+ is a big plus to the redmi brand

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 9:46am On Jul 23, 2019
confistified:
I searched playstore but didn't see this mi mover app

Oh my bad. They've integrated it into the MIUI Settings menu. It used to be an app.

Search Mi Mover in your settings or open settings>additional settings> scroll to the button then open Mi Mover

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:51am On Jul 23, 2019
elantraceey:

Gcam doesn't want to work on my phone, both bsg and bulkin , after taking like 2 pictures they just close on their own sad

That's strange though.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoleAndFish: 9:51am On Jul 23, 2019
jboixxx:

Good morning and sorry for the delayed response.

All these MCs are good in terms of performance. Some prefer SanDisk as it's a well known brand (just like some prefer Samsung to Xiaomi wink. I believe Gptech can testify to Mixza (he's known the brand long time ago), while I can say that I've been using Suntrsi OTG drive since Feb/March of 2017 and has never disappoint. So, I base my judgement of Suntrsi on that.

Thus far, there hasn't been any complaint about any of them from my clients (had 1 out of >30 of Mixza which was replaced).

You can test using h2testw Windows app for read/write and true capacity or if it's a bad card.

Great. I'm hitting you up on WhatsApp right away.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 23, 2019
Quick question.

Since the Ban of third parties WhatsApp apps, it's been so hard on WhatsAp to enjoy a smooth WhatsApp experience, because with the third party apps..it was so easy for people to run their work whatsapp on WhatsApp A and personal whatsapp on another GB WhatsApp.

So after WhatsApp banned other whatsapps, I decided to Dualized my main whatsapp with the phone "Dual app" under settings. fine, it Dualized it...but the Dualized WhatsApp couldn't work when I tried to register my second number on it.

So I downloaded parallel space and the 2nd WhatsApp worked with parallel space .

I am scared of running my app with a third party at (parallel space)

How can I make the phone Dual app to work?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 10:07am On Jul 23, 2019
Babaheekmat:
Seeing ads is getting worse. I have untick the dms or what's the name in the application settings.

I even off data for the apps I noticed the ads keep popping up

Yet, it keeps popping up

What's your region? You sure you ain't on India region?

Open the settings of all system apps and disable "recommendations".

In fact any where you see that word recommendations just off it cheesy

It'll interest you to know that even settings have recommendations grin (see the screenshot how to disable that)

Then restart your phone let's see

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Keiyadosh: 10:09am On Jul 23, 2019
OllyFair:
add 6k to it and get 3by32gb
of the Redmi 7? Are u d one that wants to sell? Can I have ur contact so we could talk better or link me to who wants to sell
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 10:11am On Jul 23, 2019
@Babaheekmat if the above fails then you probably are not receiving system ads, but the culprit will most likely be a malicious app you've installed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:24am On Jul 23, 2019
shosky1794:

But I couldn't flash the zip through the magisk manager. The folders in each port are greyed out so they aren't clickable
Oya come whatsapp.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:25am On Jul 23, 2019
[quote author=yak post=80544184][/quote]
I mean one major OS update, ZUI of course should be more frequent.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:26am On Jul 23, 2019
jboixxx:

You and GBẸDU na 5 and 6
grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:28am On Jul 23, 2019
2kurupt:

Oh my bad. They've integrated it into the MIUI Settings menu. It used to be an app.

Search Mi Mover in your settings or open settings>additional settings> scroll to the button then open Mi Mover
Don't think it was ever an app, u dey confuse am for Mi Drop?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 10:29am On Jul 23, 2019
Gptech:

Don't think it was ever an app, u dey confuse am for Mi Drop?
I think you're right. They were introduced about the same time
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:33am On Jul 23, 2019
2kurupt:

I think you're right. They were introduced about the same time

Yea, very confusing apps, can do away with Mi Drop but not Mi Mover, have been able to send some paid apps with this to many Xiaomi users grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 10:33am On Jul 23, 2019
confistified:
Boss I go need help in doing this o
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by alosbaba007(m): 10:35am On Jul 23, 2019
Redmi 7A now available at Raya for comp village

2/16G = 33k

2/32G = 35.5k

2,500 difference

Available colors, Black and Blue

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Drizzle007(m): 10:36am On Jul 23, 2019
elantraceey:

Gcam doesn't want to work on my phone, both bsg and bulkin , after taking like 2 pictures they just close on their own sad
What device do you use?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by elantraceey(f): 10:37am On Jul 23, 2019
Drizzle007:

What device do you use?
Rn7
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Drizzle007(m): 10:38am On Jul 23, 2019
elantraceey:

Rn7

What type of gcam did you install?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 10:39am On Jul 23, 2019
confistified:
I searched playstore but didn't see this mi mover app
Heeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnn.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 10:39am On Jul 23, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
its already on ur phone baba....unless you've disabled it
Heheheheehehehehehhehe
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:40am On Jul 23, 2019
ennyhola:
Quick question.

Since the Ban of third parties WhatsApp apps, it's been so hard on WhatsAp to enjoy a smooth WhatsApp experience, because with the third party apps..it was so easy for people to run their work whatsapp on WhatsApp A and personal whatsapp on another GB WhatsApp.

So after WhatsApp banned other whatsapps, I decided to Dualized my main whatsapp with the phone "Dual app" under settings. fine, it Dualized it...but the Dualized WhatsApp couldn't work when I tried to register my second number on it.

So I downloaded parallel space and the 2nd WhatsApp worked with parallel space .

I am scared of running my app with a third party at (parallel space)

How can I make the phone Dual app to work?
Did you delete the dual app and try again?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 10:42am On Jul 23, 2019
olayinkajnr:

No fear. The battery backup on this is far better than on the previous update. Rocking it already.
fantastic. I never regret getting this phone walahi.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 10:42am On Jul 23, 2019
ennyhola:
Quick question.

Since the Ban of third parties WhatsApp apps, it's been so hard on WhatsAp to enjoy a smooth WhatsApp experience.
Modded WhatsApps still work o. However, why don't you download WhatsApp Business for your second account if you're having issues with setting up of your Dual App? That's what I use.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 10:46am On Jul 23, 2019
Gptech:

Did you delete the dual app and try again?
I think some permissions need to be granted to effectively set it up too.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 10:46am On Jul 23, 2019
Keiyadosh:
of the Redmi 7? Are u d one that wants to sell? Can I have ur contact so we could talk better or link me to who wants to sell
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by HolyTitus(m): 10:57am On Jul 23, 2019
Gptech:

This kind comparison na wa oooo shocked. I dey come, make I do too, who won between the Redmi note 7 pro vs the Samsung galaxy s10 plus in this shot? grin.
sentiment apart; I'll go for mi 7pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Drizzle007(m): 10:57am On Jul 23, 2019
Noticed the RAM management has really improved after the update. I advice you also update core system apps through the app store. Also sighting slight camera improvement. Although I don't use the stock camera that often to be sure. But better overall performance
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 10:59am On Jul 23, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
post this on the camera thread
Btw the k20 is more colour accurate
there's now a Xiaomi camera thread? Which will be next? Opinion thread
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by confistified(m): 11:22am On Jul 23, 2019
jboixxx:

It's available on your device...no need to download. Just search Mi mover (it's under Additional Settings if your Settings section)
Thanks boss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:22am On Jul 23, 2019
ubev01:
there's now a Xiaomi camera thread? Which will be next? Opinion thread

It is a general camera thread. It was created by a Pixel user self not even a Xiaomi user

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5569) (5570) (5571) (5572) (5573) (5574) (5575) ... (9329) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.