Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,191 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5610) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9310393 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5607) (5608) (5609) (5610) (5611) (5612) (5613) ... (9323) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 11:38am On Jul 27, 2019
OHIsIManuEL:
godspeed take this thing personal oo
My guy calm down o, na just phone
You too noticed how he has been on hibernation all this while until this video abi.

A very petty fellow I must say

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omotolsy(m): 11:39am On Jul 27, 2019
acekid109:
nope,but those pictures looks terrible and xiaomi phone cameras no dey like that
okay I use one and i wont slap him for the review. You know why? He is right. Sometimes the front camera takes amazing pictures and sometimes it doesnt particularly when light enters the camera. However, the front cameras are just seriously awesome. Fingerprint is very responsive but not 100% accurate.

Lets not complain about anything, xiaomi gave us a great deal. I am not complaining.

For the amount this is a classic.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by godspeed: 11:39am On Jul 27, 2019
genius43:

If you watched MKBHD's video well and read the comments that followed a whole lot of people didn't have a problem with the selfie camera. I don't know how you now managed to connect a faulty selfie camera unit with Mi 9 SE( Tell me the correlation).

Also he is not the first and won't be the last to get a faulty phone/electronic during reviews. There's was an Anker Soundcore pro plus comparison with Tribit and some other speakers I watched by Jimmy Sound room, he criticised the speaker(Anker) only to find out he had a faulty unit after Anker sent him two more speakers to test and give feedback and he stated it on the same YouTube video description to correct the impressions.

Henry had a screen bleed in the Pocophone he bought last year for review, does that take away the functionality of the phone?

The Global version of Mi 9SE, a lot of units got bricked from a software upgrade, does that take away the functionality of the phone.

You call everyone a K20 fan boy can I call you a Mi 9 SE fanboy?

I don't know where u got the bolded from. I didn't bring the mi 9 se into the discussion, djprince did.

My grouse is with people hurting whenever something unflattering is said about their phones.

Watch that video very well, he was even praising the device to high heavens. The only problem he had was just the selfie camera. He even contrasted it with the back camera and say it takes excellent shots.

To me that review was an excellent review for the k20 pro, he more or less gave it a pass mark, yet because he mentioned just one flaw in the shape of the selfie camera, see how ya'll came for his head. That's overreacting. Even then somebody who uses the phone confirmed the guy was more or less correct.

You guys should try to take things easy, there is no perfect device out there

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Drizzle007(m): 11:39am On Jul 27, 2019
genius43:

It depends on the phone.

Flagships - 2 or 3 if you are lucky(Mi 6 is a testament to this)
Midranges - 1 mostly
Entry device - none or 1.
Android One phones - 2 major Android updates.

Would you categorize Redmi note 7 as flagship?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 11:41am On Jul 27, 2019
omotolsy:
okay I use one and i wont slap him for the review. You know why? He is right. Sometimes the front camera takes amazing pictures and sometimes it doesnt particularly when light enters the camera. However, the front cameras are just seriously awesome. Fingerprint is very responsive but not 100% accurate.

Lets not complain about anything, xiaomi gave us a great deal. I am not complaining.

For the amount this is a classic.
exactly, it makes phones like oneplus 7 pro look overpriced

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 11:41am On Jul 27, 2019
busuyi44:
Not a fan of xiaomi selfie. I ,a black negroid always appear as a Caucasian from Mi Max Prime ---Mi Note 3 -----to Mi8

Now that's something new undecided

This weekend promises to be lit after all cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:42am On Jul 27, 2019
Drizzle007:

Would you categorize Redmi note 7 as flagship?

Redmi Note 7 is Midrange
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 27, 2019
IKON360:

telegram is dope, I am on an rcsetup group that I can download awesome wallpapers and fantastic setups for nova and lawnchair launchers from. I am on BSG's gcam group, on masik en os group, on a group for all matter of custom roms for RN7, a photography group for RN7 and the pro, a group for sky sports for football, a group I download movies from, a group I download modded apps from, a group that I download the latest Nigerian songs from, and so many others. Whatsapp is nothing compared to telegram especially in the implementation of groups
what the group for naija song pls
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:48am On Jul 27, 2019
godspeed:

I don't know where u got the bolded from. I didn't bring the mi 9 se into the discussion, djprince did.

My grouse is with people hurting whenever something unflattering is said about their phones.

Watch that video very well, he was even praising the device to high heavens. The only problem he had was just the selfie camera. He even contrasted it with the back camera and say it takes excellent shots.

To me that review was an excellent review for the k20 pro, he more or less gave it a pass mark, yet because he mentioned just one flaw in the shape of the selfie camera, see how ya'll came for his head. That's overreacting. Even then somebody who uses the phone confirmed the guy was more or less correct.

You guys should try to take things easy, there is no perfect device out there

No one said there is any perfect device and heck no/fee OEM would really churn out all features on one device because they have other devices they want to keep afloat in the market.

My first comment on that video was that he probably got a faulty unit which Xiaomi will most likely replace.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by godspeed: 11:50am On Jul 27, 2019
2kurupt:

You too noticed how he has been on hibernation all this while until this video abi.

Nonsense. Check my profile, I've been on nairaland for more than ten years as a registered member and even more than that as a guest, how many comments do I have. I hardly comment on nairaland , in fact last weekend was my most engaging on the thread since I joined.

I wouldn't have commented today if not for the terrible attitude of some of u. Somebody posted a YouTube review of a device and simply because he mentioned just one flaw he noticed in the device , you all came for his head,haba do u want nice things to be said about your device everytime.

For your information I use 2 phones and I'm on the other thread and whenever something unflattering is said about the phone, actually Samsung, I dont see folks there acting up.

You guys need to let some petty things go

14 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:51am On Jul 27, 2019
scotweezy:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Make MKBHD sha bash Redmi Note 4 make Gptech catch am grin
grin, na to bash im phone back na.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:52am On Jul 27, 2019
acekid109:
exactly, it makes phones like oneplus 7 pro look overpriced

The thing that draws people to OnePlus 7 pro is the 90Hz display.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 11:54am On Jul 27, 2019
2kurupt:

Abeg make una ignore am.

Last week argument no be argument at all.

Today worst self.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 11:54am On Jul 27, 2019
genius43:

Redmi Note 7 is Midrange

Upper mid-range.

Please haccord hus hawa due respekt. Tan kiyu.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Biafrareform(m): 11:54am On Jul 27, 2019
Currently blasting Aje by Jaywon on my RN7 via Dub Music Player.

Mehn the soudn no be here ohhh. Seems I have a studio connected to my ears.

This is good Mehn. This is real good

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:55am On Jul 27, 2019
atheistandproud:

Upper mid-range.

Where you come keep Mi 9 SE, Mi 9T/K20?

Even the Redmi Note 7 pro na still mid-range.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 11:56am On Jul 27, 2019
genius43:

Where you come keep Mi 9 SE, Mi 9T/K20?

Even the Redmi Note 7 pro na still mid-range.

Budget (lower) flagship.

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by godspeed: 12:02pm On Jul 27, 2019
olayinkajnr:

Abeg make una ignore am.

Last week argument no be argument at all.

Today worst self.

Yeah it wasn't an argument cos u saw facts u never believed existed b4 like the mi 9 se having a better display and camera than the k20.

Anyway which one be my own sef, if you can castigate an experienced techtuber for saying the truth, who I come be?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Trex4(m): 12:04pm On Jul 27, 2019
Man Just Visit Any Top Indian YouTuber's Video About The Redmi K20 Vs Realme X And You'll See 98% of The Indians There Choosing Realme X Over The K20. Someone Said He's Watching On His Realme, And It's Better Than Overpriced K20 grin

Xiaomi Might Experience Poor Sales In Indian Though. And With Oppo Gaining On Them Globally They Might Overtake Xiaomi As Indians Top Brand cry

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 27, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:11pm On Jul 27, 2019
Trex4:
Man Just Visit Any Top Indian YouTuber's Video About The Redmi K20 Vs Realme X And You'll See 98% of The Indians There Choosing Realme X Over The K20. Someone Said He's Watching On His Realme, And It's Better Than Overpriced K20 grin

Xiaomi Might Experience Poor Sales In Indian Though. And With Oppo Gaining On Them Globally They Might Overtake Xiaomi As Indians Top Brand cry

Samsung are the closest to Xiaomi.

Indians grudges with the phone is the pricing, but they forgot the cost of production of phones in their country is very high that is why Samsung is shutting down it's Indian and some Chinese factories.

The Indian K20/K20PRO is more expensive because of this and Xiaomi did away with ads on the Indian variant, which has been another way they have been using to subsidize prices of their phones.

Vivo even have more market shares than Oppo and Realme in India

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 12:14pm On Jul 27, 2019
scotweezy:

Drop the name of those groups make I check them.
I'm not with my phone sha, I travelled with Nokia 200
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by demalo(m): 12:15pm On Jul 27, 2019
What's up Xiaomi Fam!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuG2oLKYgEY
Checkout my Poco F1 Review and let me know your thoughts.
Pls Subscribe, Share and Like my Videos!!
Don't forget the bell icon to get notified whenever I post s new one.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by demalo(m): 12:16pm On Jul 27, 2019
What's up Xiaomi Fam!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuG2oLKYgEY

Checkout my Poco F1 Review and let me know your thoughts.
Pls Subscribe, Share and Like my Videos!!
Don't forget the bell icon to get notified whenever I post s new one.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 12:17pm On Jul 27, 2019
2kurupt:

na wa o, how is someone commenting on a video to buttress his point now petty??

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 12:18pm On Jul 27, 2019
chidoo4luv:
what the group for naija song pls
waploaded just search for them on telegram
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 12:21pm On Jul 27, 2019
Jessewhyte:
www.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-redmi-note-7-pro-official-lineageos-16/

Lineage OS 16 supported on Redmi Note 7 now.
this your information is 5 months late and if you read carefully, they are talking of RN7pro not RN7...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Trex4(m): 12:25pm On Jul 27, 2019
genius43:

Samsung are the closest to Xiaomi.

Indians grudges with the phone is the pricing, but they forgot the cost of production of phones in their country is very high that is why Samsung is shutting down it's Indian and some Chinese factories.

The Indian K20/K20PRO is more expensive because of this and Xiaomi did away with ads on the Indian variant, which has been another way they have been using to subsidize prices of their phones.

Vivo even have more market shares than Oppo and Realme in India
Nice Info As Always Bro. But Indians Are Really A Strange Bunch. Someone On C4E Tech Declared That The Realme Is The Better In Every Category. Someone Also Said Who Needs An Ultrawide. People Were Also Saying No Difference Between The 730 And 710. Na Wah Oh

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:27pm On Jul 27, 2019
Trex4:
Nice Info As Always Bro. But Indians Are Really A Strange Bunch. Someone On C4E Tech Declared That The Realme Is The Better In Every Category. Someone Also Said Who Needs An Ultrawide. People Were Also Saying No Difference Between The 730 And 710. Na Wah Oh

Indians can never be satisfied. That is why Apple can't thrive in that atmosphere. Xiaomi had to scrap the first variant of Redmi Note 7 and also they had the first feel of Redmi Note 7 pro to appease the error.

Snapdragon 710 that 675 outperforms Mtcheww.

The same Indians criticised the OnePlus 7 for been overpriced with no major changes compared to the 6T? Indians nomenclature sha.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by WizAkzy: 12:31pm On Jul 27, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Born2smile: 12:44pm On Jul 27, 2019
atheistandproud:

Upper mid-range.

Please use the more appropriate word:

Advanced mid range.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 27, 2019
does gearbest.com ship single order to nigeria like aliexpress?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5607) (5608) (5609) (5610) (5611) (5612) (5613) ... (9323) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.