Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,985 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5664) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9201628 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5661) (5662) (5663) (5664) (5665) (5666) (5667) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Seyilome(m): 5:26pm On Aug 04, 2019
Ajibam:

Kindly give me a precise address.

Kind of new to osogbo
When I get to okefia area in Osogbo just ask anybody there that u are going to divine grace phone shop beside ijesha ni ere shop
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by visita: 5:47pm On Aug 04, 2019
An engineer here, check my signature and send me a message on WhatsApp
Yomboy4ever:
Abeg any engineer in the house I broke my note 5 pro screen how much we go fix am...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 5:53pm On Aug 04, 2019
KngGezy:

Good Afternoon Sir,this is great coming from a Xiaomi user.

Although that comparism tho lol

I must commend this thread as one of the best and most active on the phone section. Following this thread can make one fall in love with the brand without even seeing or using it.

Lol. I fell in love Redmi 6A before I decided to get the Redmi 7.

I don't think I can ever use another phone from a different company again.

Even if I would, OnePlus would suffice.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 6:02pm On Aug 04, 2019
2kurupt:

There's most likely a bug within your last update, that has been triggered. You can either reflash a not-too-dated update file that's devoid of issues or wait for a fix via new update
Toor, issokay o.

Maybe I'll finally do all this magisk magic u ppl av been doing up n down. EU rom maybe
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 6:03pm On Aug 04, 2019
all4kollin:

Try Aquamail

Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by psp2pc(m): 6:04pm On Aug 04, 2019
omoadeleye:

How much is it and location?

10k, Lagos
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 6:22pm On Aug 04, 2019
This weekend though! lipsrsealed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoleAndFish: 6:29pm On Aug 04, 2019
madgoat:

I am not sure its an issue with the individual apps because even recently updated apps on my R7 force close sometimes.
madgoat:

My apps also force close sometimes on my R7. Kinda annoying. I dont know if its a setting or battery saver thing i have activated.
Hmmmmm was about getting the Redmi 7 oooooo embarassed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by madgoat(m): 6:51pm On Aug 04, 2019
BoleAndFish:

Its not an issue. Its most likely an aggressive battery saver setting which an update would most likely fix. Get the fone its awesome. Been using my fone all day and no app has force closed. I am enjoying mine and have no regrets whatsoever.

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by liljboy(m): 7:01pm On Aug 04, 2019
BoleAndFish:
I have a redmi7... And I ain't got issues with it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OlaBa: 7:07pm On Aug 04, 2019
My phone. Xiaomi mi max 2 shut down itself today and it has been completely non-responsive. it won't power up and when connected to system or charger, the screen or notification not showing. it seems it is completely dead. The battery was at 66% before it shut down. PC gives sign if i connect the phone but the phone is not showing any sign at all.

What could be the problem and what can I do pls?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Seyilome(m): 7:09pm On Aug 04, 2019
Pls who is using polystar TV here,help me,I need a working remote for my polystar tv.
I read discussions between lordchiz and sheggsliveth around page 5375 l,but I tried all the solution they discussed there,sure remote doesn't work,I tried to Google for peel remote it just bringing on mi peel already on phone I didn't see any peel remote app on play store.pls I need answers.

Also, pictures on my sdcard are only showing on gallery album but they are not showing on gallery photos,sohow can I make my photos on sdcard to display on Redmi 7 gallery .thank you friends as I wait for Ur help.peace.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Larenzy: 7:11pm On Aug 04, 2019
Pls btw Samsung A20 and RN7 which one has a better performance?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omoadeleye(m): 7:13pm On Aug 04, 2019
psp2pc:

10k, Lagos

Nagode
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omoadeleye(m): 7:15pm On Aug 04, 2019
Seyilome:
Pls who is using polystar TV here,help me,I need a working remote for my polystar tv.
I read discussions between lordchiz and sheggsliveth around page 5375 l,but I tried all the solution they discussed there,sure remote doesn't work,I tried to Google for peel remote it just bringing on mi peel already on phone I didn't see any peel remote app on play store.pls I need answers.

Also, pictures on my sdcard are only showing on gallery album but they are not showing on gallery photos,sohow can I make my photos on sdcard to display on Redmi 7 gallery .thank you friends as I wait for Ur help.peace.

No settings for that na so e must be

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omoadeleye(m): 7:16pm On Aug 04, 2019
Larenzy:
Pls btw Samsung A20 and RN7 which one has a better performance?

Take a coin, name the tail A20 and name the head RN7 and flip it , the one that's facing you should go for.

28 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 7:20pm On Aug 04, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Just seeing this, what is the error popping up?
It's actually not my account. The person said the transaction just doesn't go through. Am thinking maybe a change of bank may work, yet to get feedback though

HowGlorious:
2kurupt
Gtbank MasterCard worked just now
Thanks. I'll pass this info across
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ajibam: 7:21pm On Aug 04, 2019
Seyilome:

When I get to okefia area in Osogbo just ask anybody there that u are going to divine grace phone shop beside ijesha ni ere shop

Alright Sir,

Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OHIsIManuEL(m): 7:25pm On Aug 04, 2019
omoadeleye:

Take a coin, name the tail A20 and name the head RN7 and flip it , the one that's facing you should go for.

Kikikikikikiki grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 7:28pm On Aug 04, 2019
KngGezy:

Good Afternoon Sir,this is great coming from a Xiaomi user.

Although that comparism tho lol

I must commend this thread as one of the best and most active on the phone section. Following this thread can make one fall in love with the brand without even seeing or using it.

You dunno sarcasm when you see one, do you?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by demsid(m): 7:31pm On Aug 04, 2019
psp2pc:

I have note 4x screen avaliable.
I have already placed order sir
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoleAndFish: 7:32pm On Aug 04, 2019
madgoat:

Its not an issue. Its most likely an aggressive battery saver setting which an update would most likely fix. Get the fone its awesome. Been using my fone all day and no app has force closed. I am enjoying mine and have no regrets whatsoever.
liljboy:
I have a redmi7... And I ain't got issues with it
Thanks guys.. Can't wait to join the fam. grin

Lemme confirm a few things.. Once I get the device, do I need to charge to 100% before usage or start using like that? If I'm to start using, should I drain the battery completely or use to a certain percentage before charging?

No mind my plenty questions. Na battery and camera (esp battery) be the main reason I'm getting the phone. grin

I'm aware I'm to turn off WiFi and Bluetooth scanning once I get the device. What else should a brother do?

Elantraceey.. Make una ready to do welcome party for me oo grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 7:40pm On Aug 04, 2019
abdsamad:

Toor, issokay o.

Maybe I'll finally do all this magisk magic u ppl av been doing up n down. EU rom maybe

I actually use pure, unadulterated MIUI. Thankfully I've never had any serious bug issues or faulty updates since I decided to stick to "follow-come" rom.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 7:40pm On Aug 04, 2019
nairaland will be insulting my phone cool
Happy sunday guys

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:46pm On Aug 04, 2019
KngGezy:

I assure you that the face value of that J4 core will be more than that of the Redmi 6

No offense intended, just stating fact
This is not true, a used Redmi note 4 (a two- year old device) can easily be sold for over 35k currently, meanwhile I saw a Thread where someone has been trying to sell a Galaxy J7 Pro for less than 50k, that's about half of the cost price. Speaking from experience, Samsung mid range phones don't have good resale value, even the flagships suffer same, but it's worse with the lower tier phones.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 7:48pm On Aug 04, 2019
Also noted. I'll checkiit out
jaymichael:
Maube mail.com will give you what you want. You can choose from a variety of domain names like @mail.com, @email.com, @doctor.com, @techie.com etc. I use @email.com.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:53pm On Aug 04, 2019
2kurupt:
For first time shoppers on AliExpress having payment difficulty, please what's the best way to get it fixed?

cc: Fibonacci2526, Gptech
Sometimes it's due to the fact that some cards have not been registered for online transactions, sometimes you'll need to 'Appeal' the card (by uploading scanner copies of your recognised ID and ATM cards).
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:58pm On Aug 04, 2019
drjprince:
nairaland will be insulting my phone cool
Happy sunday guys

K20 Pro people we see una
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 7:59pm On Aug 04, 2019
Gptech:

Sometimes it's due to the fact that some cards have not been registered for online transactions, sometimes you'll need to 'Appeal' the card (by uploading scanner copies of your recognised ID and ATM cards).
Thanks boss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 8:03pm On Aug 04, 2019
Gptech:

This is not true, a used Redmi note 4 (a two- year old device) can easily be sold for over 35k currently, meanwhile I saw a Thread where someone has been trying to sell a Galaxy J7 Pro for less than 50k, that's about half of the cost price. Speaking from experience, Samsung mid range phones don't have good resale value, even the flagships suffer same, but it's worse with the lower tier phones.
Xiaomi phones are the only phones i can sell about 80 to 90% of the cost price even after a year, same cannot be said of most so called well known brands self

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:05pm On Aug 04, 2019
acekid109:
Xiaomi phones are the only phones i can sell about 80 to 90% of the cost price even after a year, same cannot be said of most so called well known brands self

I didn't bother to tell him about resale value because he will just continue arguing and walahi talahi, I didn't have that strength today.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5661) (5662) (5663) (5664) (5665) (5666) (5667) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: obawinner(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.