Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5675) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9227360 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5672) (5673) (5674) (5675) (5676) (5677) (5678) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:49pm On Aug 06, 2019
Braket:
So I noticed that using the pop-up front camera for a long video call drains the battery of Mi 9T like nothing else.

Camera as a whole drains a lot of battery.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Oyinlomobambam(m): 9:49pm On Aug 06, 2019
genius43:

If you were following up you will see I reposted those same videos on this very page.

This is exactly what I was complaining of this morning.

Let me check.
Topic on it please

Oh, that of Xaiomi compilations
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:51pm On Aug 06, 2019
Oyinlomobambam:

Let me check.
Topic on it please

There is no topic, just check the previous page and see two YouTube videos and watch them. I quoted myself on the post.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 9:58pm On Aug 06, 2019
BoleAndFish:
Minus shipping fee abi?

Check the shipping fee na. It's not more than 2k.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fantilopezzy: 10:07pm On Aug 06, 2019
genius43:

Why not?

My phone don't use type C port but I use QC3.0

As long as the power bank has a port that supports QC3.0 output it will charge any phone that supports QC3.0

type C to type C is for power delivery. Usually from 40W
so u mean i can charge any phone dat has type c port with the Power bank
cus i want to get 1
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:08pm On Aug 06, 2019
fantilopezzy:
so u mean i can charge any phone dat has type c port with the Power bank
cus i want to get 1

That's exactly what am saying.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Braket: 10:09pm On Aug 06, 2019
genius43:

Camera as a whole drains a lot of battery.
This particular pop-up mechanism drains it faster.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:12pm On Aug 06, 2019
Braket:

Yea. That's why they are looking to do away with it. Under display cameras are the next thing.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Oyinlomobambam(m): 10:18pm On Aug 06, 2019
genius43:

There is no topic, just check the previous page and see two YouTube videos and watch them. I quoted myself on the post.

Thanks, seen. Will work something out tomorrow with it.. Very inspiring
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fantilopezzy: 10:21pm On Aug 06, 2019
genius43:

That's exactly what am saying.
pls don't be offended buh how many times do u think it will charge a phone with 4000mah battery
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 10:34pm On Aug 06, 2019
Simply channel the energy to reply the simple question that are being asked, or another person will answer..

Stop telling people to Google or Start reading pages, that you might have Even scroll the answer without knowing..

This thread, grow as much as 10 pages daily,

My genius can you tell me what pages you posted the answers regarding Glo 4G, of heart? And you expect a total stranger to know where you posted related ?

Answer the question, if you not in the mood scroll pass it and move on, nobody will quote your silence.. cheesy

18 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoleAndFish: 10:40pm On Aug 06, 2019
Oyinlomobambam:

Come see how shoulders high for street, na everybody wan touch my R7 o.

Na 120k be the price I give them
grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoleAndFish: 10:41pm On Aug 06, 2019
Typing from my R7! Omo this phone fine no be small. I've handled a RN7 but I think I love this design better.

I can also join in saying... God bless Alhaji Lei Jun grin

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 10:43pm On Aug 06, 2019
Dam5reey:
Simply channel the energy to reply the simple question that are being asked, or another person will answer..

Stop telling people to Google or Start reading pages, that you might have Even scroll the answer without knowing..

This thread, grow as much as 10 pages daily,

My genius can you tell me what pages you posted the answers regarding Glo 4G, of heart? And you expect a total stranger to know where you posted related ?

Answer the question, if you not in the mood scroll pass it and move on, nobody the quote your silence.. cheesy
Jboixxx kindly include this recurrent Glo 4G LTE n Gcam for Note 7thing in your collection

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by timmynaira: 10:53pm On Aug 06, 2019
my guy rn7 is a beast , God !!!see phone everything is perfect bye bey to infinix, infinix collected my 46k and gave me crappy hot 6 pro. make den no worry I am selling it off tomorrow. thou infinix is durable I used hot 4 for 2year and hot 6 pro a year + without single fault. kodus to infinix for durability I hope redmi is durable too. but interms of performance redmi kill infinix, arrange the hin burial.
cool ram management,good camera , no lag , good battery life, fast charging , brilliant display quality, nice design, exccellent sound system (but music stop whenrver you close music app). excellent file manager not like the stupid hot 6 pro file manager, to mention but few. the only issue is that the flash light is not so bright, but it is ok to an appreciable extent,no ads and my proximity sensor is working fine. infact other brand should learn from xiaomi, especially Tecno,Gionee,infinix and other over q brand that are cheating us with their name without spectacular offer. for now I will stay with redmi but latter when ever infinix is ready, I go show . peace

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Addict000(m): 11:01pm On Aug 06, 2019
olayinkajnr:

Welcome to team bro.

Boss abeg re-add me to the FMM group
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 11:20pm On Aug 06, 2019
timmynaira:
my guy rn7 is a beast , God !!!see phone everything is perfect bye bey to infinix, infinix collected my 46k and gave me crappy hot 6 pro. make den no worry I am selling it off tomorrow. thou infinix is durable I used hot 4 for 2year and hot 6 pro a year + without single fault. kodus to infinix for durability I hope redmi is durable too. but interms of performance redmi kill infinix, arrange the hin burial.
cool ram management,good camera , no lag , good battery life, fast charging , brilliant display quality, nice design, exccellent sound system (but music stop whenrver you close music app). excellent file manager not like the stupid hot 6 pro file manager, to mention but few. the only issue is that the flash light is not so bright, but it is ok to an appreciable extent,no ads and my proximity sensor is working fine. infact other brand should learn from xiaomi, especially Tecno,Gionee,infinix and other over q brand that are cheating us with their name without spectacular offer. for now I will stay with redmi but latter when ever infinix is ready, I go show . peace
My infinix note 3 pro too that was replaced by Carlcare (after the discovery that one I bought had factory error) has never given me any issue. Kudos to them
Concerning RN7, the remarks I have been seeing people say about t it is rhta it is a really great device but it has a poor RAM ma management, but you are saying otherwise. Pls can you close all your opened apps and then click on the "minimize" key to see how much RAM is used?
One last one.... The "back" button that is located at the left side down portion of the screen and the "minimize" button located at the down right part of the screen, can they be altered? (samsung new A series has the capability of inverting it laterally. Just want to know about RN7)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 11:20pm On Aug 06, 2019
busuyi44:

Jboixxx kindly include this recurrent Glo 4G LTE n Gcam for Note 7thing in your collection
grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Anontymous(m): 11:24pm On Aug 06, 2019
Mehhn, what can I say. My experience with the Redmi Note 7 has been one of the best. Maybe because I just came from the Infinix Hot 4 lite but this phone is bang on.

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:41pm On Aug 06, 2019
okikiosibodu:

My infinix note 3 pro too that was replaced by Carlcare (after the discovery that one I bought had factory error) has never given me any issue. Kudos to them
Concerning RN7, the remarks I have been seeing people say about t it is rhta it is a really great device but it has a poor RAM ma management, but you are saying otherwise. Pls can you close all your opened apps and then click on the "minimize" key to see how much RAM is used?
One last one.... The "back" button that is located at the left side down portion of the screen and the "minimize" button located at the down right part of the screen, can they be altered? (samsung new A series has the capability of inverting it laterally. Just want to know about RN7)
Ram management is great jare, just get any 4gig ram version. You have don't know a phone with good ram management just be looking at how much ram is free / available, but by how many apps it can hold in the background without restarting any when opened. In the days I played much with the Redmi Note 5 4/64 version, it seemed the amount of free ram increased with the more apps one opens grin. As a side note, some devices that have much free / available ram when apps are opened in the background struggle to keep them running, that's poor ram management! Ram management is not just in numbers but in action. Remember the popular saying ' unused ram is wasted ram'.

On the back button ish, the one you saw has already been switched, it comes on the right side of the device by default, there's obviously the option to switch its position.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 11:51pm On Aug 06, 2019
Gptech:

Ram management is great jare, just get any 4gig ram version. You have don't know a phone with good ram management just be looking at how much ram is free / available, but by how many apps it can hold in the background without restarting any when opened. In the days I played much with the Redmi Note 5 4/64 version, it seemed the amount of free ram increased with the more apps one opens grin. As a side note, some devices that have much free / available ram when apps are opened in the background struggle to keep them running, that's poor ram management! Ram management is not just in numbers but in action. Remember the popular saying ' unused ram is wasted ram'.

On the back button ish, the one you saw has already been switched, it comes on the right side of the device by default, there's obviously the option to switch its position.
Wow. Thank you for your time.. It is not unappreciated
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoleAndFish: 11:57pm On Aug 06, 2019
Quick one

How do I wipe off individual apps running on the phone without wiping off all opened apps? What I'm seeing is that multiplication sign enclosed in a circle which closes all apps.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:58pm On Aug 06, 2019
timmynaira:
exccellent sound system (but music stop whenrver you close music app).
Go to settings - Battery and performance - choose apps (under battery saver) - tap the 3 dots at the top right corner of your screen and click 'show system apps) - scroll down to music - select 'no restrictions'. Your music app shouldn't turn off again in the background. Meanwhile, very few persons care about the default music app, why not try 'Play Music' or other third party music players.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 12:05am On Aug 07, 2019
BoleAndFish:
Quick one

How do I wipe off individual apps running on the phone without wiping off all opened apps? What I'm seeing is that multiplication sign enclosed in a circle which closes all apps.
Follow screenshot.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 12:06am On Aug 07, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Uwc.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Deyvid123(m): 12:06am On Aug 07, 2019
someone should help, my note7 does not speak out ie I can't listen to music without earpiece.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 12:07am On Aug 07, 2019
Anontymous:
Mehhn, what can I say. My experience with the Redmi Note 7 has been one of the best. Maybe because I just came from the Infinix Hot 4 lite but this phone is bang on. I love this phone, everytime I look at it. I fall in love with it everytime. I'm giving all my love to this phone, even now that my girlfriend just broke up with me. Lol.
This phone is worth it honestly. Thanks to everybody that indirectly convinced me to buy the LOML grin through their wonderful comments. No pictures for now cos I've not seen the best scenery for good shots.
Enjoy jare, we know the feeling here grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 12:12am On Aug 07, 2019
Braket:

Don't see how the mechanism itself should be responsible for this since its not popping in and out during this period, might be a software ish.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoleAndFish: 12:13am On Aug 07, 2019
Gptech:

Follow screenshot.
Thanks so much.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 2:39am On Aug 07, 2019
genius43:

If you were following up you will see I reposted those same videos on this very page.

This is exactly what I was complaining of this morning.
And I feared this, that was why I updated the Xiaomi compilation post to include the video when I saw the post this morning. Didn't see it all this while until yesterday with an interest.

People don't get something: someone told me it's over a year he's bookmarked that post on his browser and it was useful to his brother that just joined Xiaomi family that week. I do make use of it too, so, newbies, you can share or bookmark it.

Thanks again to the contributors!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 2:43am On Aug 07, 2019
busuyi44:

GCam links for recently released devices are available on that link, just deleted that of Note4 when Note 7 was released!

Nothing to add as per Glo LTE. If you no get LTE signal, you're simply not in the range of Glo band 3 areas cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 2:45am On Aug 07, 2019
okikiosibodu:

. Baba Okiki, Abi you wan come join us? Never late yet, we can arrange buyers for that.... lipsrsealed
I go gladly welcome you o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5672) (5673) (5674) (5675) (5676) (5677) (5678) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.