Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,685 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5710) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9195357 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5707) (5708) (5709) (5710) (5711) (5712) (5713) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 5:08pm On Aug 12, 2019
2kurupt:

MTN staff I've noticed you.

Meanwhile in other news, Airtel & Glo still gives more value for money so far data is concerned.

End of story.
Still don't know what brought about this sha? undecided

We can all just accept most of us work with Xiaomi on this thread with this your close minded conclusion at the bolded.

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 5:11pm On Aug 12, 2019
genius43:

You are right about Airtel short-changing people of data.

First of all Night plan. I have tested it so many ways as much as using another network to pick up download link and keep it in my downloader mostly ADM Pro the maximum Airtel allows is 235mb out of 250mb.

Second, normal data I downloaded a file of 200mb and I restricted background process check my data before I started when I was done Airtel deducted almost 300mb from my available balance.

Third Airtel binge plan. The day I upgraded my phone to android pie, I did Airtel binge plan of 2Gb and the upgrade was supposed to be 1.6Gb and after the upgrade I was left with less than 100mb.

Moving on, MTN had been honest with data deductions but of recent they have been overzealous with it. If not for poor network in most places, Glo have been quite fair though I have noticed some abnormalities atimes when I do their weekend plan.
Maybe you seff na MTN staff grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 5:17pm On Aug 12, 2019
scotweezy:

Still don't know what brought about this sha? undecided

We can all just accept most of us work with Xiaomi on this thread with this your close minded conclusion at the bolded.

I gave my suggestion to the person complaining about MTN zapping his data. Rather than nitpicking on my opinion & suggestions to his problem why not give him yours?

Everybody's opinion on this forum is subjective so I don't see why you want to coerce I and others to accept your point of view.

This over-sabi attitude is why I sometimes jump & pass some comments on this thread.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:21pm On Aug 12, 2019
scotweezy:

Maybe you seff na MTN staff grin

Glo is even my main ISP.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maik99(m): 5:25pm On Aug 12, 2019
Good evening folks.. Pls is there someone here who can help me with updating HTC m8 to a recent android version?? I bought it as a stop-gap phone only to discover it's still on android 4.4.3 and won't support most apps on playstore.. I'll be using this for a while and need it to be updated..
I'm in ilorin.. Thanks in advance
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 5:36pm On Aug 12, 2019
2kurupt:

I gave my suggestion to the person complaining about MTN zapping his data. Rather than nitpicking on my opinion & suggestions to his problem why not give him yours?

Everybody's opinion on this forum is subjective so I don't see why you want to coerce I and others to accept your point of view.

This over-sabi attitude is why I sometimes jump & pass some comments on this thread.

Cheers.

And claiming "MTN data is a scam" is a good opinion right? How exactly does this your statement help anybody here?

Call it nitpicking or whatever you like, I am not one to let unfounded statements like the one you made go by when I can correct such notions.

When others come now with the same issue you won't be here to defend your wrong claims.

State what is correct and not overzealous incorrect statements like "MTN data is a scam".

Over sabi yen yen! undecided Same person calling another person MTN staff because they called you out for claiming unfounded things.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:41pm On Aug 12, 2019
2kurupt and scotweezy please it is not that deep, no need exchanging words. One love.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 5:45pm On Aug 12, 2019
genius43:
2kurupt and scotweezy please it is not that deep, no need exchanging words. One love.

Me I tire for the guy o. Am done with him sha, no time for kiddies talk grin

Glo & Airtel no matter the grammar still remains the best value for data cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 5:47pm On Aug 12, 2019
When you are experiencing heavy data usage, the first thing to do is to check your data usage statistics and not to start blaiming the ISP.

Monitorong your data usage statistics will give you a better insight into which app and services are utilizing your data the most. I believe the popular Social media apps like Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Instagram Snapchat etc are the major culprit in this regard.

Check the "Sync" settings, especially the Gallery. Ensure it is not set to sync your Photos with the cloud automatically.

If after monitoring the usage you now find out the usage statistics doesn't correspond with what your ISP is showing you as the remaining balance, then we can conclude you are being shortchanged.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 5:50pm On Aug 12, 2019
After doing the above, don't forget to ditch your MTN sim for data services grin

MTN are data crooks, sub Glo or Airtel & stop worrying about your data usage

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 5:51pm On Aug 12, 2019
genius43:
I am cool bro. When I see an unfounded statement on here I will correct it like I have done to his.

I am opened to correction too.

Cheers. smiley

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Oyinlomobambam(m): 5:51pm On Aug 12, 2019
madgoat:

But for real whats going on with this data ish. 1gb last me 4 days and thats not cool at all. I dont really watch YouTube or facebook videos and my gallery photos are not syncing with cloud services.

Wish phone you dey use?

My Airtel 4gb+ last 4days max
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 5:54pm On Aug 12, 2019
krattoss:
how about the 100% data bonus on every subscription for 3 months
You'll still get the x2 data bonus and the 25% 4G bonus for 3 months.

Dial *144# to be sure you're qualified for the bonus
cc:
Ejiphill09

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by HowGlorious: 5:57pm On Aug 12, 2019
2kurupt:
After doing the above, don't forget to ditch your MTN sim for data services grin

MTN are data crooks, sub Glo or Airtel & stop worrying about your data usage
Even if dy offer 1gb for N200 7 days or 1k for 4GB a month for eligible Mtn sims. x131x65# to check for ur eligibility
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 5:57pm On Aug 12, 2019
lannister2:
Please I need redmi 7 case
070three108zero287
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 5:59pm On Aug 12, 2019
Biafrareform:
The Floveme fast charger I bought charge my Redmi Note 7 for almost 2hours.

Abeg those of u using Floveme, how many hours does it charge your phone
Charger and cable affects charging speed.
Also temperature.
Then try rebooting ur phone.
I experienced some rubbish charging recently... I changed to my romoss cable, felt faster, and then updated my device... So sometimes shit happens. Try and figure out which one dey worry ur phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 6:00pm On Aug 12, 2019
Oyinlomobambam:

Wish phone you dey use?

My Airtel 4gb+ last 4days max

Switch to Glo if their network is stable in your end, I say so coz that's what I use personally. Forget about that whole talk of Glo being snail speed, that was then.

On the other hand, prepare to get a new Airtel SIM every 3 months in order to be eligible to get their added bonus. Contact genius43 how to go about that.

Least I forget, don't let anybody to deceive you into thinking MTN data is a better choice. Coz it'll zap like bugs bunny before you know.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 6:01pm On Aug 12, 2019
Ifedith:

Charger and cable affects charging speed.
Also temperature.
Then try rebooting ur phone.
I experienced some rubbish charging recently... I changed to my romoss cable, felt faster, and then updated my device... So sometimes shit happens. Try and figure out which one dey worry ur phone
So true.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gwkid(m): 6:02pm On Aug 12, 2019
Abeg which phone screen guard dey fit RN7?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 6:02pm On Aug 12, 2019
chrisja:
Someone please help with Macbeyland details.. Thanks
https:///2348062907289
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 6:04pm On Aug 12, 2019
HowGlorious:

Even if dy offer 1gb for N200 7 days or 1k for 4GB a month for eligible Mtn sims. x131x65# to check for ur eligibility

That is limited to a minute number of eligible subscribers. That's about the only plan that is not zapped from my experience.

The question then is what is the fate of the subscriber when he/she is no longer eligible? You'll agree with me that its not sustainable.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 6:06pm On Aug 12, 2019
gwkid:
Rn7... It fits well... 070three108zero287 if u want

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 6:06pm On Aug 12, 2019
genius43:

>cryWhat do you mean?
Weekend passed with no fight and you're going to rob us of this neddless fight that has crawled on my footstep.
Respect yourself o

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 6:09pm On Aug 12, 2019
gwkid:
Try that of Samsung galaxy A20, it comes closest but not perfect.

You can use this while waiting for a pure RN7 tampered glass from AE
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 6:09pm On Aug 12, 2019
True but mtn is also a data demon! This glo band 28 has transformed my life ehn, now mtn is just for backup. Using mtn as main data source is a risk factor for suicidal ideation

scotweezy:
When you are experiencing heavy data usage, the first thing to do is to check your data usage statistics and not to start blaiming the ISP.

Monitorong your data usage statistics will give you a better insight into which app and services are utilizing your data the most. I believe the popular Social media apps like Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Instagram Snapchat etc are the major culprit in this regard.

Check the "Sync" settings, especially the Gallery. Ensure it is not set to sync your Photos with the cloud automatically.

If after monitoring the usage you now find out the usage statistics doesn't correspond with what your ISP is showing you as the remaining balance, then we can conclude you are being shortchanged.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 6:12pm On Aug 12, 2019
abdsamad:

>cryWhat do you mean?
Weekend passed with no fight and you're going to rob us of this neddless fight that has crawled on my footstep.
Respect yourself o

grin grin

I don't fight with kids else na KO like the image below grin, it's not by blowing grammar and typing novel

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gwkid(m): 6:13pm On Aug 12, 2019
2kurupt:

Try that of Samsung galaxy A20, it comes closest but not perfect.

You can use this while waiting for a pure RN7 tampered glass from AE
Thanks bro, ill do that.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Georgioo(m): 6:19pm On Aug 12, 2019
Shegun010:

4gb ram??
Yes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Georgioo(m): 6:21pm On Aug 12, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Are you seriously saying this phone cannot play Pubg...... You are kidney me.......

Even Umidigi devices plays pubg wella........ cheesy
I want something even better
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Biafrareform(m): 6:28pm On Aug 12, 2019
Abeg, why do RN7 volume reduce when you are answering call in a noisy place ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 6:39pm On Aug 12, 2019
Georgioo:

I want something even better

Ok....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by michealdeco: 7:02pm On Aug 12, 2019
genius43:

You are right about Airtel short-changing people of data.

First of all Night plan. I have tested it so many ways as much as using another network to pick up download link and keep it in my downloader mostly ADM Pro the maximum Airtel allows is 235mb out of 250mb.

Second, normal data I downloaded a file of 200mb and I restricted background process check my data before I started when I was done Airtel deducted almost 300mb from my available balance.

Third Airtel binge plan. The day I upgraded my phone to android pie, I did Airtel binge plan of 2Gb and the upgrade was supposed to be 1.6Gb and after the upgrade I was left with less than 100mb.

Moving on, MTN had been honest with data deductions but of recent they have been overzealous with it. If not for poor network in most places, Glo have been quite fair though I have noticed some abnormalities atimes when I do their weekend plan.

while you were counting the downloading MB. Did it occur to you to count the upload MB?

Whenever you're using data it's exhaust both way which is downloading and uploading
Thats why sometimes you'll see phones with two arrow beside the network bar one going up and down

It's the uplink and downlink and both consumes data

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5707) (5708) (5709) (5710) (5711) (5712) (5713) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Abakeade, tudy and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.