Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,093 members, 7,825,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5851) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9258128 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5848) (5849) (5850) (5851) (5852) (5853) (5854) ... (9320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DExponential(m): 9:42pm On Sep 08, 2019
KngGezy:

The update information reads "Dont unplug"

But it is totally possible for nepa to take light during that time. Or power to be disconnected unknowingly

And it will restart the updating process

Never has it never read the decoder has been destroyed.

And in my years of scouring the phone thread i have never come across such complaint.

I hope he finds a permanent solution to this problem. Everyone is prone to make mistakes.

Such a Beautiful phone and most likely brand new too. I wonder what he must be feeling now. I will advice him to take it to a very competent phone Repairer.

Most phones do give a warning sign when updating. If you restart the phone or the battery dies, you run the risk of bricking your phone. Just a few minutes on Google would have helped but you decided to turn it to a Xiaomi issue.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by liljboy(m): 9:52pm On Sep 08, 2019
Hyinkar97:
Who has this wallpaper or knows where I can download it?
I've searched and searched
that's a widget... Zooper or so
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pharmtasy(m): 9:53pm On Sep 08, 2019
ElvisMcCoy:
Pharmtasy... I have the link here you just need to join the gaps and you're good. Please anywhere you see gaps just close it and you're good.

Check out this product I found:
https:// www. jumia. com.ng/mi-xiaomi-redmi- note-5-5.99-fhd-189-4gb-64gb-rom-android-8.0-12mp-5mp-ai-13mp-dual-sim-4g-smartphone-golden- 17194316.html

Modified: this is gold. The blue will come under here...

Check out this product I found:
https://www .jumia. com.ng/xiaomi-redmi-note- 5-5.99-inch-fhd-189-snapdragon-octa-core-4gb-64gb-rom-android-8.0-oreo-miui-9-12mp-5mp-ai-13mp-dual-sim-4g-smartphone-blue-mi- mpg844432.html

That is the Blue...

It is the S2 that I am looking for.
Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shosky1794: 10:25pm On Sep 08, 2019
pharmtasy:

They can still track you with that

Good luck with that
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bigtt76(f): 10:27pm On Sep 08, 2019
Ha! Baba think say na Windows XP hin de install wey de freeze and you need to reboot? shocked

paradigmshift:

The guy they vex me jor.
Even novice no go reboot phone wey they update.. it's clearly written..the guy said it was a stupid decision...so wetin you say make I talk.. I was only mad cos d guy spoil good phone.. no vex baba
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Masta01(m): 10:35pm On Sep 08, 2019
GrandMufti:

That thing don cast na

Abeg which method I fit use ??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:36pm On Sep 08, 2019
bigtt76:
Ha! Baba think say na Windows XP hin de install wey de freeze and you need to reboot? shocked

Una go just branch run leave us again
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MrGokay(m): 10:37pm On Sep 08, 2019
Sabali is a virtue not everyone has... He don enter better sweat mode. Hahahaha
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bigtt76(f): 10:49pm On Sep 08, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy una tensioning too mush naaaa. 6,7 and 8 on hin way grin nice one bro for keeping the flame burning. One love kiss

genius43:

Una go just branch run leave us again

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:01pm On Sep 08, 2019
bigtt76:
cheesy cheesy cheesy una tensioning too mush naaaa. 6,7 and 8 on hin way grin nice one bro for keeping the flame burning. One love kiss

Thank you ma. As for xiaomi it's difficult to keep up with them these days. Make dem continue our old soldier RN5 still get plenty oil.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:01pm On Sep 08, 2019
genius43:

This typical New age bullshiiit crap.

My dad currently use Redmi Note 7 with Chinese ROM. He figured out how to install GAPPs by himself by a simple Google search. Even when his playstore misbehaves he sort it out himself. He has updated his phone severally without issues So using a Redmi Note 7 or any Xiaomi device is not Rocket science.

Even you wouldn't dare restart your phone while your phone is doing a firmware upgrade. So how you shifted the blame to Xiaomi is what baffles me.

No one will or is forcing you to use any xiaomi device be it Phone, or accessories

Be guided when making statements
D way d guy talk of updates for other devices shock me shocked. By insinuation, Xiaomi updates dey take hours, while Samsung na seconds, smh. The A50 wen I update nr different from regular Xaiomi updates, how somebody wen never even touch any Xiaomi device dey give advice about Xiaomi and miui still dey baffle me shocked. Imagine my illiterate grandmother dey advice me on the best laptop to buy? grin.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 11:02pm On Sep 08, 2019
Sufferings are lessons... Lesson of the day is always read & follow instructions.

Who still read gadget manuals like I do?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:05pm On Sep 08, 2019
Gptech:

D way d guy talk of updates for other devices shock me shocked. By insinuation, Xiaomi updates dey take hours, while Samsung na seconds, smh. The A50 wen I update nr different from regular Xaiomi updates, how somebody wen never even touch any Xiaomi device dey give advice about Xiaomi and miui still dey baffle me shocked. Imagine my illiterate grandmother dey advice me on the best laptop to buy? grin.

This one off me....

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 11:06pm On Sep 08, 2019
Gptech:

You sef see that line? That guy dey chase clout think say na by blowing grammar cheesy

Imagine the dude dey claim say Samsung never send am up to 1gig update file before shocked

e think say we been dey under rock before Xiaomi show face grin grin

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:09pm On Sep 08, 2019
2kurupt:
Sufferings are lessons... Lesson of the day is always read & follow instructions.

Who still read gadget manuals like I do?

I do, especially one am not conversant with. Even drugs I dey read that paper, especially side effects part.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:10pm On Sep 08, 2019
olayinkajnr:

Exactly. The moment a user have issues with his/her phone here, you'll always see him trying to bring Samsung, Infinix and/or Tecno into the picture. Like, if you don't use Xiaomi, you won't experience this issue.

Who does that abeg?
Watch out how e go go twist dis tory for other threads and exaggerate d whole thing, e go say ' u dare not bring problems or cons you noticed from Xiaomi phones or you'll be insulted'. Seriously, we don see all types of specie for dis thread alone grin.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:11pm On Sep 08, 2019
2kurupt:

You sef see that line? That guy dey chase clout think say na by blowing grammar cheesy

Imagine the dude dey claim say Samsung never send am up to 1gig update file before shocked

Even 2013 Samsung S4 updates na mostly 600Mb for incremental updates. Upto 1.4Gb for OS upgrades. Which was high as at that time self. Samsung and their heavy Touchwiz
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:17pm On Sep 08, 2019
abdsamad:
The spirit of weekend commotion is still going strong.

Somone pointed out that rn7 was complex, without bashing or blaming the device for the problem, yet another gang of counterfans decided to stick up for dear Xiaomi, which was not under attack.
You see that moniker, watch am well well, you go understand. U kw how for example a man utd fan dey talk in the presence of fans of Chelsea during a Chelsea vs Liverpool match. Outwardly, e go dey pretend to support Chelsea but inwardly d reserve na d case, e want Liverpool to destroy Chelsea grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 11:20pm On Sep 08, 2019
genius43:

Even 2013 Samsung S4 updates na mostly 600Mb for incremental updates. Upto 1.4Gb for OS upgrades. Which was high as at that time self. Samsung and their heavy Touchwiz

That dude be lying through his teeth. I still recall the snail speed of my Samsung Galaxy Ace, those days guys used to sub for night plan just so we could take advantage of reduced data fees.

genius43:

I do, especially one am not conversant with. Even drugs I dey read that paper, especially side effects part.

Lol, the side effects part got me cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:21pm On Sep 08, 2019
genius43:

2. Only one person insulted and he was chastised.

But surprisingly, just now now, some persons don already dey claim say ' some group of persons' insult d guy, I repeat, watch out for the exaggeration for other threads, when one person offend here, na d whole Xiaomi thread offend, d spirit of typical 9ja journalism at work grin.

9 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shosky1794: 11:26pm On Sep 08, 2019
Thank God the weekend is over
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:29pm On Sep 08, 2019
2kurupt:

U kw say na only transsion we use before Xiaomi na, smh. No need to brag about these gadgets jare cool.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:33pm On Sep 08, 2019
KngGezy:
I will classify the phones according to their peculiarities

Samsung Galaxy A30
Super Amoled display : You get the best of displays for your Videos , Games and what have you
Super Battery: Battery that last for two days straight. It gets better with updates
Best One UI: One of the best UI, you dont need any 3rd party app to customize your phone. Everything you need is available on Galaxy Themes and Store.
Ease of Use: Very Easy to Use for beginners and Experts.
Camera: Excellent Rear Camera as known with Samsung phones. Although front Camera is not as good
Body Build: Plastic, a major con although very sleek and good looking. But very prone to scratches a good case will fix that
Support: On every home app on your Samsung you have the support function. It leads you directly to Samsung help which you can email them. But you wont face any issue on this phone
Warranty: Samsung comes with a 2 year warranty
Availability of Spare parts: Screen is very expensive but readily available

Redmi Note 7
LCD screen
Good battery Although claims of battery Decline after less than a month of usage
MIUI is good but claims of still having to download other apps to improve the phones look. And the issue with different kinds of ROM
Very Hard to Navigate through.
Camera: like all stock camera of most midrange device is wacky. But after downloading Gcam(a third party app owned by pixel) it improves camera performance.
Body Build A glass back i think and very nice and premium looking although from an unknown brand
Support: On Nairaland you can get the required recommendations from fellow users. But if you are facing issues with your phone. It is not advisable to complain on their thread.
Warranty: No Warranty at all
Availability of Spare parts: Parts are slightly cheap. But is not Available and their office in Nigeria will charge more than the cost price to fix a damaged phone. So Parts have to be shipped from China. And given to an unaccredited Repairer to repair the phone
Read this very carefully @abdsamad.

From my understanding, according to the above post, everything about the Redmi note 7 is trashy, don't go near it, peeps in the Xiaomi thread know this, but cover it up, time to sleep grin.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 11:42pm On Sep 08, 2019
Gptech:

U kw say na only transsion we use before Xiaomi na, smh. No need to brag about these gadgets jare cool.

Tufia! Me na from Trium & Sagem I jump unto Xiaomi grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:44pm On Sep 08, 2019
2kurupt:

Tufia! Me na from Trium & Sagem I jump unto Xiaomi grin
U b big man na grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:29am On Sep 09, 2019
Gptech:

Read this very carefully @abdsamad.

From my understanding, according to the above post, everything about the Redmi note 7 is trashy, don't go near it, peeps in the Xiaomi thread know this, but cover it up, time to sleep grin.

Someone was looking through my old posts. This wasn't posted on this thread. And it holds no water as regarding what had transpired late yesterday.

It shouldn't be used to destroy what was intended.

God Bless @paradigmshift for understanding me. And his reply cleared the air on what he meant.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 1:27am On Sep 09, 2019
K30 is on the way already, this is going to be interesting.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by theokoliz: 1:34am On Sep 09, 2019
KngGezy:

Someone was looking through my old posts. This wasn't posted on this thread. And it holds no water as regarding what had transpired late yesterday.

God Bless @paradigmshift for understanding me. And his reply cleared the air on what he meant.

am new to Xiaomi and Neva knew it has the timed message feature... thanks this Xiaomi rn7 sweet gidi gan ni
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:41am On Sep 09, 2019
parksg:
K30 is on the way already, this is going to be interesting.

It's rumoured to be Redmi's 5G phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoluwajiPieters: 1:43am On Sep 09, 2019
KngGezy:

Lol.

Bro, you're the one shooting yourself in the leg. Quick in, Have you used a Xiaomi Redmi note 7 before? If No, then you've little say over whatever it is happening to users as it's quite normal for people to complain about phones. Very very normal I must say.

And the guys going against you here aren't entirely wrong. The way you denigrate RN7 here and in other threads reeks more of jealousy than actual "concern" for people with issues on their phones. From your comparison that someone quoted from the other thread, you said no single good thing about RN7 and you even said the Glass protection is from an "unknown source." Quite funny I must admit.

I'm not a fan of dishing out insults to people asking for a way out especially those that admit the fault was theirs ab initio but you really need to chill on attacking RN7 at any slightest chance. Samsung A series are great; but it doesn't mean they don't develop faults at one point or the other. I still feel the "tweak-ability" of RN7 predisposes it to a lot of assaults hence the many problems. For regular phone users, without bootloader blah blah blah, it might be a smoother experience for them. Same for Samsung, Infinix and co. If Tech savvy guys here decide to "assault" Sammy or Transsions like they're doing to Xiaomi, the outcome might make one belittle the phones.

People don't die if they give credits for a thing well made.

PS: I've handled A20 but not RN7 and I'm mostly on this thread because I like the convos here plus, I'm waiting for RN8 ��.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akocce(m): 2:09am On Sep 09, 2019
2kurupt:

Don't mind Xiaomi o, with that update they've blocked the means to apply better looking 3rd party watchfaces. angry

Giving us just the ability to change wallpaper is not enough when 3rd party watchfaces provide dynamic layouts, fonts and text types and animations undecided
I hope there's a walk around very soon
please, where can I get MI band 4?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 2:16am On Sep 09, 2019
BoluwajiPieters:

Lol.

Bro, you're the one shooting yourself in the leg. Quick in, Have you used a Xiaomi Redmi note 7 before? If No, then you've little say over whatever it is happening to users as it's quite normal for people to complain about phones. Very very normal I must say.

And the guys going against you here aren't entirely wrong. The way you denigrate RN7 here and in other threads reeks more of jealousy than actual "concern" for people with issues on their phones. From your comparison that someone quoted from the other thread, you said no single good thing about RN7 and you even said the Glass protection is from an "unknown source." Quite funny I must admit.

I'm not a fan of dishing out insults to people asking for a way out especially those that admit the fault was theirs ab initio but you really need to chill on attacking RN7 at any slightest chance. Samsung A series are great; but it doesn't mean they don't develop faults at one point or the other. I still feel the "tweak-ability" of RN7 predisposes it to a lot of assaults hence the many problems. For regular phone users, without bootloader blah blah blah, it might be a smoother experience for them. Same for Samsung, Infinix and co. If Tech savvy guys here decide to "assault" Sammy or Transsions like they're doing to Xiaomi, the outcome might make one belittle the phones.

People don't die if they give credits for a thing well made.

PS: I've handled A20 but not RN7 and I'm mostly on this thread because I like the convos here plus, I'm waiting for RN8 ��.

Follow the line of discussion properly and return to modify your post.
Take Notice of the word "insult"

If i start digging up ridiculous and slanderous comments. It will raise up needless long arguments. My last comment didn't in any way depict submission. My concerns have been cleared by that Gentleman under that moniker @paradigmshift. I do hope the man who had the issue found/finds a quick solution.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5848) (5849) (5850) (5851) (5852) (5853) (5854) ... (9320) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Babaalajo(m), Billygent and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.