Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,442 members, 7,836,777 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5932) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9361631 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5929) (5930) (5931) (5932) (5933) (5934) (5935) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by orogodoganyin(m): 12:08pm On Sep 26, 2019
marttol:
please how much is it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by orogodoganyin(m): 12:16pm On Sep 26, 2019
genius43:

That is Android One project, we are talking of development support like custom ROMs, custom recovery and more

you know it's not everyone that does these stuffs right?
I've never ever touched my phone software in ways that require some forms of expertise... I just use it as it is and I've always been satisfied... and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one...

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kenomobola(m): 12:17pm On Sep 26, 2019
2kurupt:

Avoid anything Mediatek from Xiaomi, especially when you intend to use it for long term. Else "no update" will become a greeting for you.

I have had a mixed experience with the Redmi note 2, an older MediaTek phone. Xiaomi dropped support for it faster than you would drop a hot slice of yam. They just released source codes for that phone this year (2019), after custom ROM developers had completely lost interest.
Let's hope there is much better support for the Redmi note 8 pro. Alternatively, let's see what other manufacturers will produce with the new MediaTek SOC.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 12:20pm On Sep 26, 2019
Afternoon to the house. Pls I'm quite new to the Xiaomi thingy, pls what are the cones of buying a Redmi Note 7, China version!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kenomobola(m): 12:25pm On Sep 26, 2019
Anuoluwa2017:
Good morning. I intend transacting with gidieberry in repsect to xiaomi redmi note 5, is this seller legit?
Can i go ahead with it, i am yet to contact the seller.
Someone posted on his thread that he is likely a scammer and that is why i am slightly scared

You have done well by asking before committing. I can see some good folk have already attested to his genuineness.
I can personally recommend the following sellers based on my personal dealings with them:
Noobody
Optimised
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:27pm On Sep 26, 2019
godspeed:

Says who?

Oh, I know, good ol' sheet spec.

Let me burst the myth of this battery sef.

Now, one of the most revered Xiaomi phones even on this thread and the whole cyberspace is redmi note 7.

Everybody that owns it have got nice things to say about it. Even madgoat that was initially critical and skeptical about it came to love it so much.

One of the major highlights of the phone is the battery. It's not uncommon to see users post SOT of more than 24 hours here and people have described the battery as a beast.

The RN7 is xiaomi's best selling device of the year so far and comes with a 4000 mAh battery.

Now, as beastly as the battery of the RN7 is, do you know that in a standard battery test, the mi 9 SE easily beats it? And not just by margins! By almost 2 hours. You can watch the test by Frankie tech on YouTube.

I understand that the best efforts of the mi 9 SE might still not be enough for some users. If you are truly limited by budget, then Ivan suggest the mi 9 lite as an alternative as it comes with more than 4000mah of battery.

Do you have the time for that of Mi 9T, I want to check something grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:28pm On Sep 26, 2019
micxwell:
Afternoon to the house. Pls I'm quite new to the Xiaomi thingy, pls what are the cones of buying a Redmi Note 7, China version!

Less LTE Bands, at this stage I know it will come with Global ROM but if it is Chinese ROM, you have to Sideload Google apps on it.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Manus17(m): 12:30pm On Sep 26, 2019
good day guys, please what the exchange value for AliExpress for gtb, access and EcoBank.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:30pm On Sep 26, 2019
orogodoganyin:

you know it's not everyone that does these stuffs right?
I've never ever touched my phone software in ways that require some forms of expertise... I just use it as it is and I've always been satisfied... and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one...

I never said I have anything against anyone buy Redmi Note 8 pro. The other day not here though I was telling someone how powerful the processor was and how it took the SD 712 on the Realme XT to the cleaners in speed test
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bazkid24(m): 12:30pm On Sep 26, 2019
genius43:

cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iPresh4s(m): 12:31pm On Sep 26, 2019
priceaction:
I think that xiaomi market link of our touts should be placed here at intervals. It took me time to get it today. Just only link at intervals to help us with their updated price lists. They are still part of this extended family.

Easy

Just type XIAOMI THREAD STORE NAIRALAND on Google. Voila
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:32pm On Sep 26, 2019
Trex4:
What Do U Guys Think About This Realme Device? Will It Challenge The Redmi Note 8 Pro?
Genius43 Fibonacci.2526

Until they are compared. But RN8 Pro trashed the Realme XT with 64mp and SD 712 in both Speed test and camera test
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by godspeed: 12:50pm On Sep 26, 2019
genius43:

Sure. Also on YouTube.

Seems the SE does a good job afterall cool

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 1:03pm On Sep 26, 2019
genius43 poet=82582028:

Less LTE Bands, at this stage I know it will come with Global ROM but if it is Chinese ROM, you have to Sideload Google apps on it.
Thanks bro. So they removed the LTE bands and added 2gig ram.... cheesy kks thanks.
In your own opinion which would you advice Mi A3 or Redmi Note 7
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:07pm On Sep 26, 2019
micxwell:
Thanks bro. So they removed the LTE bands and added 2gig ram.... cheesy kks thanks.
In your own opinion which would you advice Mi A3 or Redmi Note 7

If you are cool with the display resolution and Stock android definitely the Mi A3

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 1:08pm On Sep 26, 2019
Manus17:
good day guys, please what the exchange value for AliExpress for gtb, access and EcoBank.
Try abokifx.com
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:08pm On Sep 26, 2019
godspeed:

Sure. Also on YouTube.

Seems the SE does a good job afterall cool

Hehehehehe. And you fell for it. I was only pulling your legs.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 1:21pm On Sep 26, 2019
kenomobola:

I have had a mixed experience with the Redmi note 2, an older MediaTek phone. Xiaomi dropped support for it faster than you would drop a hot slice of yam. They just released source codes for that phone this year (2019), after custom ROM developers had completely lost interest.
Let's hope there is much better support for the Redmi note 8 pro. Alternatively, let's see what other manufacturers will produce with the new MediaTek SOC.

Source Code for Redmi Note 2 in 2019 shocked
Are you for real?!

I speak out of experience too sha coz I used the mtk version of the Note 3 that year
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 1:39pm On Sep 26, 2019
kenomobola:

You have done well by asking before committing. I can see some good folk have already attested to his genuineness.
I can personally recommend the following sellers based on my personal dealings with them:
Noobody
Optimised
when i got my note 5 from macbeyland for 70k ,i never asked how legit he was though i was barely few weeks to this thread but because of the way people were talking about him and other touts and no one pointed accusing fingers to anyone,i was so moved by the brotherly nature of the group and uptil now i haven't regretted it

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by godspeed: 1:49pm On Sep 26, 2019
genius43:

Hehehehehe. And you fell for it. I was only pulling your legs.

I got no choice.

It's been boring at work since
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CaptainMitch: 1:50pm On Sep 26, 2019
Hi guys please where can I get Xiaomi redmi 6a screen and casing?? I am in Abuja
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tidedroid: 2:08pm On Sep 26, 2019
GrandMufti:

He's neither talking about tweaking
i dont understand? If he's not talking about software updates or custom roms then what is he talking about?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 2:11pm On Sep 26, 2019
priceaction:
I think that xiaomi market link of our touts should be placed here at intervals. It took me time to get it today. Just only link at intervals to help us with their updated price lists. They are still part of this extended family.

No oo,

Just Follow the thread

Then you can always check your followed Topics
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:30pm On Sep 26, 2019
tidedroid:
i dont understand? If he's not talking about software updates or custom roms then what is he talking about?

Love
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hardeycute(m): 3:09pm On Sep 26, 2019
Genius43

After installing Gcam for Redmi 7, is there any other settings needed? I'm unimpressed with shots taken with the gcam cos my Redmi 5 plus Gcam shots looks more impressive, the Redmi 7 is for a friend
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reddington(m): 3:22pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ordered Redmi 7 for my Infinix friend... Arrived yesterday after 15 days. He's absolutely loving it.
Personally noted a few things tho during unboxing (which I made sure my fairly noob friend didn't notice, to avoid dampening his joy). I use Redmi Note 5pro, and I can confidently say RN5pro is a better phone, both in display and support, having felt both phones. I'm not a fan of notch which happens to be the only design feature missing on RN5 but present on R7. Both phones have same camera pixels, but RN5 produces sharper images... And some other slight differences like absence of front flash & notification light in R7. RN7 has software advantage tho - comes with pie OS out of the box. RN5 - Oreo.
I hope this info will be helpful in the future for prospective Xiaomites who may find theirselves torn between RN5pro and R7.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:30pm On Sep 26, 2019
hardeycute:
Genius43

After installing Gcam for Redmi 7, is there any other settings needed? I'm unimpressed with shots taken with the gcam cos my Redmi 5 plus Gcam shots looks more impressive, the Redmi 7 is for a friend

Did you apply the XML settings?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:31pm On Sep 26, 2019
Reddington:
Ordered Redmi 7 for my Infinix friend... Arrived yesterday after 15 days. He's absolutely loving it.
Personally noted a few things tho during unboxing (which I made sure my fairly noob friend didn't notice, to avoid dampening his joy). I use Redmi Note 5pro, and I can confidently say RN5pro is a better phone, both in display and support, having felt both phones. I'm not a fan of notch which happens to be the only design feature missing in RN5 but present in R7. Both phones have same camera pixels, but RN5 produces sharper images... And some other slight differences like absence of front flash & notification light in R7. RN7 has software advantage tho - comes with pie OS out of the box. RN5 - Oreo.
I hope this info will be helpful in the future for prospective Xiaomites who may find theirselves torn between RN5pro and R7.

Redmi Note 5 pro is a superior device to the Redmi 7

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kelvo002: 3:39pm On Sep 26, 2019
Reddington:
Personally noted a few things tho during unboxing (which I made sure my fairly noob friend didn't notice, to avoid dampening his joy). I use Redmi Note 5pro, and I can confidently say RN5pro is a better phone, both in display and support, having felt both phones. I'm not a fan of notch which happens to be the only design feature missing in RN5 but present in R7. Both phones have same camera pixels, but RN5 produces sharper images... And some other slight differences like absence of front flash & notification light in R7. RN7 has software advantage tho - comes with pie OS out of the box. RN5 - Oreo.

Both are not mate na, you should compare with note 5 not 5 pro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoleAndFish: 3:39pm On Sep 26, 2019
Reddington:
Redmi 7 has notification light.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reddington(m): 3:49pm On Sep 26, 2019
genius43:

Redmi Note 5 pro is a superior device to the Redmi 7
Yeah bro. That was my original belief. But feeling it firsthand today removed a few doubts that have been lingering from the day it was released. Some persons will still go for R7 tho.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5929) (5930) (5931) (5932) (5933) (5934) (5935) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.