Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5934) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9182974 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5931) (5932) (5933) (5934) (5935) (5936) (5937) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 7:34pm On Sep 26, 2019
genius43:

Cancel the download and clear updater cache and data
oops, its past 1gb already. My main concern is what the next update after this will be. Will i stop getting updates since xiaomi has canceled updates for beta roms or there is an update that will take me to stable rom?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kelvo002: 7:49pm On Sep 26, 2019
Prince202020:

The Redmi Note 5 and Note 5 Pro are the same na!

Redmi Note 5 Pro = Indian Version
Redmi Note 5 China/Global Version

The above mentioned is the same

BUT
Thanks for the clarification

Redmi Note 5 Indian Version is same as Redmi 5 Plus.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kelvo002: 7:54pm On Sep 26, 2019
Thanks for your clarification
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reddington(m): 7:59pm On Sep 26, 2019
ityP:

Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 pro, no be the same thing?
Lol. I was going to ask same thing... You beat me to it.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kelvo002: 8:07pm On Sep 26, 2019
Anything pro is always higher just like note 7 and note7 pro so without going through it or proper explanation there might be confusion tongue
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 8:17pm On Sep 26, 2019
Please who saw the launching of Redmi 8a, what processor is on it? And did it remain with the 5kmah that Tenaa released?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kelvo002: 8:19pm On Sep 26, 2019
IKON360:
Please who saw the launching of Redmi 8a, what processor is on it? And did it remain with the 5kmah that Tenaa released?
With Snapdragon 400+ on redmi 7a

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kenomobola(m): 8:24pm On Sep 26, 2019
Jacobx007:

Am sure by the time they launch the redmi note 8, the sales will astronomical

I agree, the Redmi note 8 will have good sales numbers.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kenomobola(m): 8:28pm On Sep 26, 2019
maclawrence02:

The battery! Men I saw things!! The best sot I got was 2hr 15mins!!!

Hahaha, that Helio X10 SOC had horrible battery life. A very frustrating phone, thank goodness I've gotten a much better replacement, just like you.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by surely22: 8:56pm On Sep 26, 2019
Guys, best device for a lady within the range 60 - 90k. 4/64,Gaming performance, good processor.
Suggestions pls
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 9:03pm On Sep 26, 2019
IKON360:

SD 439 and yes, it's 5000mah

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hardeycute(m): 9:23pm On Sep 26, 2019
genius43:

Did you apply the XML settings?
yes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 9:41pm On Sep 26, 2019
hardeycute:
yes
Okkkk Try setting HDR parameter to 12 or 15 Highlight saturation to 1.4(ideal) for back and front camera

When you want to snap a subject, tap(to focus)/ hold then swipe up or down to your preferred exposure
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 9:44pm On Sep 26, 2019
olayinkajnr:

SD 439 and yes, it's 5000mah
ikon360 and a 6.2inch hd+ water drop notch display with type c port

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tqsmile: 9:48pm On Sep 26, 2019
wiseword316:
Please can anyone recommend a good quality neckband bluetooth v5.0 earphone with super bass and a good battery.

Wavefun flex 2. Bass is OK. Battery can last 3 days on average.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:52pm On Sep 26, 2019
queenfav:
oops, its past 1gb already. My main concern is what the next update after this will be. Will i stop getting updates since xiaomi has canceled updates for beta roms or there is an update that will take me to stable rom?

Yes you would soon stop getting updates ask GrandMufti or Gptech steps on moving from beta to stable ROM
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by flawless911(m): 10:08pm On Sep 26, 2019
tidedroid:
i was just pointing out that updates for mtk phones isn't the impossible feat u're making it out to be
And Because U adamantly missed the point of my Original Post, I will chop it into pieces for u nd even chew it a little bit before feeding it back to u for the 3rd time

Xiaomi has a very bad track record of almost completely ignoring their MTK phones after release, with slow or non-existing updates; and as a result buying an MTK Xiaomi phone is quite literally a Suicidal Option, unless U are the type that cares none about Updates

Hope U can assimilate this one now, cos u completely ruined the small joke by making me explain it

P.S. Wonder how Person go cool down be fan of mtk undecided
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 10:17pm On Sep 26, 2019
surely22:
Guys, best device for a lady within the range 60 - 90k. 4/64,Gaming performance, good processor.
Suggestions pls

Xiaomi mi CC9....

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by flawless911(m): 10:18pm On Sep 26, 2019
sureteeboy:

The guy shifted the goal post to a locked bootloader the moment he realised his point has been totally knocked out
Lmao and he shifted it to Nokia as if anybody in this thread cares about a Has-been I-get-am-before failed brand that locks bootloaders and loads up their uninspired fones with buggy Versions of stock android.. Please check the sales charts, Nokia is nothing compared to Xiaomi That's why U Nokia fanboys are more active in The Xiaomi Thread than whatever u call yr nokia thread, that's if one exists sef grin

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jollof123: 10:44pm On Sep 26, 2019
[quote author=abdsamad post=82589892][/quote]

The mi 8 is a great phone....great in all ramifications.
With mi8 in the hand you feel like a king.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by wiseword316(m): 10:58pm On Sep 26, 2019
tqsmile:

Wavefun flex 2. Bass is OK. Battery can last 3 days on average.
Ok thanks bro. Where can i get it? Am in PH, and how much?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tqsmile: 11:18pm On Sep 26, 2019
wiseword316:

Ok thanks bro. Where can i get it? Am in PH, and how much?

Aliexpress
NGN 6,131.24 66%OFF | Wavefun Flex 2 Bluetooth 5.0 Earphone 15Hrs Talking Time Wireless Headphone IPX5 Waterproof for xiaomi iPhone Headset with Mic
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/CbB9JIe8

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 11:55pm On Sep 26, 2019
Prince202020:

The Redmi Note 5 and Note 5 Pro are the same na!

Redmi Note 5 Pro = Indian Version
Redmi Note 5 China/Global Version

The above mentioned is the same

BUT

Redmi Note 5 Indian Version is same as Redmi 5 Plus.
Good evening... Pls for global version, European version and Chinese version of Xiaomi RN7, can you give a summary for phone dummies like me that are confused abt the concept.... Pro, cons, features, etc
Anyone ready to take on the question by the bull's horn, is welcome
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 1:17am On Sep 27, 2019
Tiger2020:
when i got my note 5 from macbeyland for 70k ,i never asked how legit he was though i was barely few weeks to this thread but because of the way people were talking about him and other touts and no one pointed accusing fingers to anyone,i was so moved by the brotherly nature of the group and uptil now i haven't regretted it
Lovely.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 1:42am On Sep 27, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Good evening... Pls for global version, European version and Chinese version of Xiaomi RN7, can you give a summary for phone dummies like me that are confused abt the concept.... Pro, cons, features, etc
Anyone ready to take on the question by the bull's horn, is welcome
I'm an enthusiast like you too...

Let me share what I know about Global version and Chinese version.
1. Google play; Chinese version was specifically made for the China market and therefore isn't preloaded with Google play services but Global version is. Heard you can side-load Google play services on it though. One thing someone confirmed today; if you side-load Google play services, your play protect will
not appear as *certified* as in the picture.

2. Lesser support for some 4G LTE Bands (Like the Glo Band 28 "700MHz"wink as Chinese versions were made with China's networks in mind but Global version has better support.

3. The Chinese version is quite cheaper with more RAM which I believe is to compensate for those things it's lacking i.e 1 and 2 above.

N.B You might want to know the usefulness of *play protect* being certified. My experience, there are some apps from playstore that will never work if its otherwise. I can confirm *Dstv Now app* dunno about others.

My fellow Xiaomites make una add to it abeg, thanks. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 2:33am On Sep 27, 2019
micxwell:

I'm an enthusiast like you too...

Let me share what I know about Global version and Chinese version.
1. Google play; Chinese version was specifically made for the China market and therefore isn't preloaded with Google play services but Global version is. Heard you can side-load Google play services on it though. One thing someone confirmed today; if you side-load Google play services, your play protect will
not appear as *certified* as in the picture.

2. Lesser support for some 4G LTE Bands (Like the Glo Band 28 "700MHz"wink as Chinese versions were made with China's networks in mind but Global version has better support.

3. The Chinese version is quite cheaper with more RAM which I believe is to compensate for those things it's lacking i.e 1 and 2 above.

N.B You might want to know the usefulness of *play protect* being certified. My experience, there are some apps from playstore that will never work if its otherwise. I can confirm *Dstv Now app* dunno about others.

My fellow Xiaomites make una add to it abeg, thanks. cheesy
Thank you for your time.
I have a friend schooling in China who says Google doesn't work over there, they have to use some back doors to access it, do I can comprehend the Google thing. Will the Chinese version support band 1,2 and 3?
What are the pros/advantages of Chinese version besides being cheaper and bigger RAM (6/64GB)?
Also do you know about European version?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 2:38am On Sep 27, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:52am On Sep 27, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Thank you for your time.
I have a friend schooling in China who says Google doesn't work over there, they have to use some back doors to access it, do I can comprehend the Google thing. Will the Chinese version support band 1,2 and 3?
What are the pros/advantages of Chinese version besides being cheaper and bigger RAM (6/64GB)?

We don't use bands 1 & 2 in Nigeria

Now most Chinese version have bands 3,7, 8, 40. But the CC9 series I noticed that xiaomi didn't put band 7.

Below are the LTE frequencies used in Nigeria.

NB: spectranet hardly works on any mobile phone except their modems and MIFI only few Huawei mobile phones supports spectranet.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BonkoINC: 5:27am On Sep 27, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Thank you for your time.

Glo uses band 3 and 28(a) now ...

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:36am On Sep 27, 2019
BonkoINC:

Glo uses band 3 and 28(a) now ...

More like 28(b)

And the band 3 coverage is poor and it is slower than the Band 28. So band 28 should be first
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BonkoINC: 6:32am On Sep 27, 2019
genius43:

More like 28(b)

And the band 3 coverage is poor and it is slower than the Band 28. So band 28 should be first

I still think it's work in progress..

My4g here is good.. but disconnects sometimes .
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lordrisky(m): 6:35am On Sep 27, 2019
Hello house, please I want to get a new xiaomi. Something within 80k range. Was looking at the xiaomi a3 but there's a lot of negative reviews. Can someone recommend something else within the price range.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5931) (5932) (5933) (5934) (5935) (5936) (5937) ... (9316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.