Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,342 members, 7,829,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5974) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9298454 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5971) (5972) (5973) (5974) (5975) (5976) (5977) ... (9322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 7:16pm On Oct 05, 2019
INCREDIBLEGUY:
Please guys i need a new good laptop which i can use to play games and browse my assignment_ with a very good battery life, my budget is 170k, somebody should recommend for me , as i am new to computer , thanks
Msg me, lemme gif specifications, den u go buy it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by willsonsemilore(m): 7:48pm On Oct 05, 2019
Cjr
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by willsonsemilore(m): 7:49pm On Oct 05, 2019
Arnod007:
Yeah, Noobody has done it again, the Eagle has landed, now two devices in a row and he never disappoint, My Redmi K20 Pro got to my hand within 3 days of payment "that's super fast" it can only be Noobody.

Thanks man

How much did you get it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Joshkid(m): 7:52pm On Oct 05, 2019
Afikoo:
Been trying to open Google play on my MI 9T, but this is what it is showing me.

What could be the cause
Goto settings and clear cache for Google play service and Play Store!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mabs2015: 8:13pm On Oct 05, 2019
Redmi Note 5A screen for free. All you have to do is pick it up. I am based in Abuja.

[color=#990000][/color] Already picked up.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 8:16pm On Oct 05, 2019
anna081:
why is nobody taking about redmi 7

What do you wanna know about it?

Lots of people talk about it on here.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mekanus(m): 8:22pm On Oct 05, 2019
xoftxoul:
Y'all should check GSM arena
Review for the redmi note 8 pro is out.
Lol (lemme drop small expo here) and the results look good!!!! Yay!!!!
Let them launch it sharp sharp abeg
Are you sure you're from this earth

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:40pm On Oct 05, 2019
[quote author=Dreydoe post=82868700][/quote]

Mi A3 then

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:41pm On Oct 05, 2019
mabs2015:
Redmi Note 5A screen for free. All you have to do is pick it up. I am based in Abuja.
cc Cgame.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cgame: 8:46pm On Oct 05, 2019
mabs2015:

Bro, I need it please..
How do I reach you ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:13pm On Oct 05, 2019
anna081:
why is nobody taking about redmi 7

This is what happens when one can't be patient enough to read few pages.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Baroba(m): 9:17pm On Oct 05, 2019
fibonacci2526:

This is what happens when one can't be patient enough to read few pages.

You call almost 6000 pages a few, where on earth does he start from cheesy

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:18pm On Oct 05, 2019
Baroba:

You call almost 6000 pages a few, where on earth does he start from cheesy

At least the last 2/3 pages.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Afikoo: 9:18pm On Oct 05, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:

To save battery:
Use black themes or darkmode
Turn off WiFi/Bluetooth scanning
Set the sim you re not using to browse to 2g

For camera:
Go to stock camera settings, set saturation to High, sharpness to HIGH, quality to HIGH, and contrast to LOW or NORMAL
INSTALL gcam

I didn't see all these options ohhh.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sam2310(m): 9:30pm On Oct 05, 2019
Genius43 can i use gcam on my note5ai without rooting? If yes, kindly help with the link and procedure.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:48pm On Oct 05, 2019
Sam2310:
Genius43 can i use gcam on my note5ai without rooting? If yes, kindly help with the link and procedure.

Unlock bootloader, install custom recovery, flash magisk, enable camera2api and then install Gcam

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by wiseword316(m): 10:11pm On Oct 05, 2019
visita:
My mi pad 4 plus and Android TV box picked up yesterday courtesy Mr Noobody. Smooth transactions, no hassles. Always delivers
Hw much is the Android TV box?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dreydoe(m): 10:15pm On Oct 05, 2019
genius43:

Mi A3 then
how can I get this phone tomorrow tomorrow. sunday
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:17pm On Oct 05, 2019
Dreydoe:
how can i get this phone tomorrow tomorrow

Pointek, Slot, Raya if any is close to you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dreydoe(m): 10:17pm On Oct 05, 2019
genius43:

Pointek, Slot, Raya if any is close to you
does slot open on sundays?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by anna081: 10:19pm On Oct 05, 2019
2kurupt:

Do the 3k plan on oga SIM, gives about 15 gig
which one is better oga or yakata?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by supersaz66(m): 10:24pm On Oct 05, 2019
If only you were in Abuja
afroharbhey:
Redmi 7,3gig ram/64gig rom for sale @45k urgently
Negotiable
Dm via whatsapp +2347060601007.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:27pm On Oct 05, 2019
Dreydoe:
does slot open on sundays?

Not sure.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 10:28pm On Oct 05, 2019
Sultan5:

Thanks for the tip about Wifi and Bluetooth scanning, didn't know. Gestures are what I use for navigation. Its fun watching most people who haven't used MiUi try to navigate through the phone.

I wanted to get a screen guard but I heard those ones with black borders would cover the notification light on the bezel. So I didn't, as that was the only type I saw. Is there a different type of screen guard for this phone without the black borders?

Am guessing you got the blue coloured one, I did too. The beauty is out of this world really. Down side is I can't dare use it outside without the pouch because of how slippery it is.

Thanks for the warm welcome. It's feels amazing being a member of the Xiaomi family.
BoleAndFish:
Your comment made me try this gesture out just now. It's somehow grin but I like it. People will just be wondering.... Which kain phone be this? grin cheesy

Downside: can't use button shortcut.

Modified: Quickball got me covered

Hehehehehe. Really fun watching people handle with it, before they finally hand over the phone to you to help them operate it. Some iphone users stil try a lil, before they get stuck after a while. Really fun watching some funny confused fella navigate the phone. Some they try to pry your privacy in your absentia with the few mons they spent with your phone, na so their yarnsh go open for your face

I got the black one actually, and I think I prefer it to the blue own, which is amazing to me cos blue is my favourite colour (light shade though). As regards screen gaurd, I do hear some people recommend Samsung A20's own, but I have never tested it, guess 2kurupt has more knowledge about it. You can give it a shot. Anonymousey sells the perfect screen gaurd for your Xiaomi (got it as freebie from him when I bought an armoured pouch from him grin). Yes, it has the black edges, but no, it doesn't impede visuals, and it fits perfectly on the screen. How you set it is what matters. My camera is not covered and my indicator light beneath is stil visible. If you improvise other screen guards, it might block some portions on the screen, like my last one, had to move it down slightly so navigation and features below don't get blocked. The implication of this was, the battery bar and network bar were slightly impaired. Had to tilt the phone slightly to be able to get accurate info

madgoat:

You dont have to use pouch na. I dont use pouch on my R7
Lailai. I can't dream of even trying it let alone try it. I have a baby in the house that enjoys watch cartoon on my phone. Plus its better safe than sorry. Armoured pouch is cheaper to acquire than fixing phones. I am perplexed really at people tht say they can't use pouch.... I mean are you people not scared of scratches (that might reduce the resell value) or the phone dropping that might result to avoidable cracked screens?

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 10:29pm On Oct 05, 2019
anna081:

which one is better oga or yakata?
I honestly don't know. I mainly use Glo for data, so provided my sub gives me the advertised data on a stable network am fine.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by orogodoganyin(m): 10:30pm On Oct 05, 2019
supersaz66:
If only you were in Abuja 40k
redmi note 7 3/32gb 45k available in KD
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kanmiboy(m): 10:37pm On Oct 05, 2019
Pls house, my Redmi 4x is draining bat3 too fast lately and I also notice some days back after full charge in off mode, when powered on it would have drained itsef from 100% to 25% without use. House please what's likely to b the cause.... Help needed ASAP. Though am thinking I change the battery... Any other suggestion will do pls
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:38pm On Oct 05, 2019
Kanmiboy:
Pls house, my Redmi 4x is draining bat3 too fast lately and I also notice some days back after full charge in off mode, when powered on it would have drained itsef from 100% to 25% without use. House please what's likely to b the cause.... Help needed ASAP. Though am thinking I change the battery... Any other suggestion will do pls

Battery change needed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 10:40pm On Oct 05, 2019
genius43:

Redmi K20 Pro/Mi 9T Pro is neither a tab nor phablet. Check out Gsmarena. By the way the ideas of phablets died as long as 3 years ago or so, it is either a phone or a tablet.
quite true...
According to Wikipedia
A phablet is meant to be an interswitch between phones and tablets, having screen size between 5.1 inches (130 mm) and 7 inches (180 mm).
The definition of a phablet has changed in recent years due to the proliferation of larger displays on mainstream smartphones, and smartphones designed with thin bezels and/or curved screens to make them more compact than other devices with similar screen sizes. Thus, a device with a "phablet-sized" screen may not necessarily be considered one.

So really a phone meeting similar requirements of a phablet, might not necessarily be a phablet. Years back, I had known screen sizes with 6-7 inches to be phablet... And of course, they used to have large bezels. Now, bezel is phasing out, so asko the concept of phablets

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 10:48pm On Oct 05, 2019
macbeyland:
I just discovered that glo 3g is fast enough in my place. I was able to stream Netflix without buffering on 3g. Not tried 4g yet. Pls I need suggestion on the best data plan for glo.
What app is this pls?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:48pm On Oct 05, 2019
okikiosibodu:
quite true...
According to Wikipedia
A phablet is meant to be an interswitch between phones and tablets, having screen size between 5.1 inches (130 mm) and 7 inches (180 mm).
The definition of a phablet has changed in recent years due to the proliferation of larger displays on mainstream smartphones, and smartphones designed with thin bezels and/or curved screens to make them more compact than other devices with similar screen sizes. Thus, a device with a "phablet-sized" screen may not necessarily be considered one.

So really a phone meeting similar requirements of a phablet, might not necessarily be a phablet. Years back, I had known screen sizes with 6-7 inches to be phablet... And of course, they used to have large bezels. Now, bezel is phasing out, so asko the concept of phablets

Sabi person

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 11:03pm On Oct 05, 2019
2kurupt:

I honestly don't know. I mainly use Glo for data, so provided my sub gives me the advertised data on a stable network am fine.
@anna081
Oga sim is not a package, its a promo for 125% data bonus. It is valid for 3 months from the first day you buy data. However if 25n is your very first data plan, it disqualifies you from oga sim bonus. Its adviceable you do at least 100n own first. Before, we could do "Bush fallowing"... When you could get the bonus after 90day you bought your last data.... Then many of us had several sims. We just switch to the next after 90days to enjoy it but the Bush fallowing has been stopped to, so it's a one off thing. You can buy a new sim every 3months to continue enjoying it. And if you have an existing Glo sim you can't let go off, buy a new sim, subscribe on it, and share data to your existing sim.... Then you can remove the new sim phone a phone. You get to enjoy oga sim bonus and stil retain your existing sim
Yoy can download "Glo cafe" to mange the other line to save you the stress of removing and putting it in a phone.
Glo yakata used to be the best tareif plan for data (from my view) cos you could push your data validity by 7days when it is about to expire, by just loading 100n. Also you get whooping 1.25gb if your very first recharge in a month is 1000n. In migration has been discontinued now though
For glo new yakata, when you buy data plans to roll over ( that is buy a new data before present one expires), the data bonus of new yakata sometimes separate the plan. So if you are on the package, you have to constantly monitor it to know when to call customer care. It ios great to be nice to the agent that You speak with

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5971) (5972) (5973) (5974) (5975) (5976) (5977) ... (9322) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.